View Full Version : Parker wants to get back to real steeler football

Steelers-Shaun
11-18-2008, 11:16 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200811/20081118pg_steelerstopper_160.jpg

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08323/928791-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

:tt::tt03::tt02:

BlueSteel
11-18-2008, 11:21 AM
I agree with Willie but Tomlin also has to be careful that Willie and the other backs stay healthy enough for the playoffs.

Michael Keller
11-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Willie

I do too but>>>>

You are going to have to gain 40 lbs real fast or get yourself appointed in charge of the draft next spring if you want to get back to Steeler football ..

You keep running the way you did against the Chargers and you will be doing your part for this season.

Steelers-Shaun
11-18-2008, 11:27 AM
The Steelers have attempted more passes than they have runs this season. The only time they've done that and had a winning record in this century came in 2002, when Tommy Maddox replaced Kordell Stewart at quarterback.

Seems like you can't argue with that. :noidea:

Steelers-Shaun
11-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Willie

I do too but>>>>

You are going to have to gain 40 lbs real fast or get yourself appointed in charge of the draft next spring if you want to get back to Steeler football ..

You keep running the way you did against the Chargers and you will be doing your part for this season.

Well not to bash bruce (even though i love 2) ...i think russel showed promise as a short yard back or fullback if we used it.

BlueSteel
11-18-2008, 11:32 AM
The Steelers have attempted more passes than they have runs this season. The only time they've done that and had a winning record in this century came in 2002, when Tommy Maddox replaced Kordell Stewart at quarterback.

Very true Shaun...the Steelers are all about pounding the rock. They have to re-establish their identity in order to make any noise in the playoffs later on but stay healthy enough to make it there. Fine balance. The Bungals this week should provide a nice venue to work out some kinks :)

The_WARDen
11-18-2008, 11:51 AM

What a stupid stat. This century has only 7 full seasons under it's belt. How many of those 7 years did they even have more passes than runs in a season? I doubt there were many given that Kordell was a starter for a while and they didn't do it early in Ben's career.

So, I'm willing to bet that it's happened once maybe twice this century. So they've had a winning record, at worst, 50% of the time and it could be 100% if that season with Maddox was the only time they attempted more passes than runs.

:coffee: