PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger's Shoulder injury

DocAdam
11-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Hey everybody, I've been hearing a lot on the radio and Tv about his shoulder with very litle explanation. I wrote a little article here (http://www.examiner.com/x-1427-Pennsylvania-Health-Examiner~y2008m11d17-Big-Bens-Shoulder) to help give you a better idea of what is going on. Check it out and let me know if you have any other questions I might be able to answer.

fansince'76
11-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the article, DocAdam, and welcome to the board! I fixed your link for you as well. :cheers:

tony hipchest
11-18-2008, 11:22 AM
excellent. thanks for the professional insight.

i think its a waste to sit him, and it probably wont heal until the offseason

revefsreleets
11-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Actually, I was just thinking, what's your call, Doc? Should he be playing?

Steely McSmash
11-18-2008, 11:48 AM
excellent. thanks for the professional insight.

i think its a waste to sit him, and it probably wont heal until the offseason

Maybe so but they need to make playcalls within what he can do. To me this means 25 yards max passing range. He seems to be underthrowing the long ball badly.

Last season for the first time I stopped cringing on the deep ball. This year the cringe is back.

Nice Article DocAdam -- It's nice to have some qualitiative explanation of an injury. As football fans, the injury information seems to be limited to knowing just the availability impact. how many weeks?, is it season ending?, Is it career ending?

T.Richardson
11-18-2008, 04:30 PM
I think he shouldn't be benched, if the O-Line can protect him from getting hit, and he passes the ball well, he should be fine.

stillers4me
11-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Great article, Doc! I knew he was playing in pain, it's pretty amazing he's doing what he does with it. It sucks it happened on the very first game.

CBennett
11-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Unless its going to get worse or it needs rest or he will be out or what ever start him..Its obviously visibly bothering him but as long as he is just playing through pain and its not getting worse keep him going.

Edman
11-18-2008, 06:09 PM
It's fine.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Nice article. Welcome.

Separated my AC 5 years ago and avoiding further contact was the important thing. Tough to do when getting sacked 3-4 times a game.