PDA

View Full Version : Ben called 75% of the plays in the Bolts game

stillers4me
11-19-2008, 06:36 AM
Everybody (including myself) has been praising Arians for the much improved play calling in the Chargers game.

According to this report, Ben called 75% of the plays in that game. hmmmmmmmmmm..........just sayin'.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c9b908

GBMelBlount
11-19-2008, 06:53 AM
This is great news as it clearly proves that the opposing team only appears to be calling the plays..... :doh:

stillers4me
11-19-2008, 06:57 AM
This is great news as it clearly proves that the opposing team only appears to be calling the plays..... :doh:

That's OUR plays, Mel. :sofunny:

GBMelBlount
11-19-2008, 07:10 AM
Tough crowd.

SteelMember
11-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Tough crowd.:tomato:

I thought it was Ben calling 75% of the "no huddle" plays, not the total.

XxKnightxX
11-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Haahaha well Bruce felt kinda happy at the end of the game because all of the guys on our section were shouting to him "Good Play Calling BA". The play calling was great if you ask me , most of the plays that the offense had was due to poor execution, and as the goal line play goes, the offense has to dig deep in their heart and guts to push it in for 6 points.

revefsreleets
11-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Fire Arians!?!? We don't need him?

Funny, this will always be glass half full for Bruce. I'm sure the fickle fans are convinced that the 25% that he called were the WORST 25% of the game.

It really doesn't matter...unless he's lured away, Arians is our OC for the forseeable future.

TackleMeBen
11-19-2008, 10:51 AM
so we should just fire arians and let ben take over the play calling :sofunny:

randy06
11-19-2008, 10:55 AM
dont worry we will get back in the endzone on thursday

steelpride12
11-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Ben knew he couldn't come out there and throw deep and throw stupid passes to he made a game plan for the short small passes and he did a heck of a job.

klick81
11-19-2008, 11:22 AM
75% of the no huddle plays. Not overall.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Fire Arians!?!? We don't need him?

Funny, this will always be glass half full for Bruce. I'm sure the fickle fans are convinced that the 25% that he called were the WORST 25% of the game.

:rofl:

So the fans should really be calling for Ben to be fired because his playcalling only produced 9 points!!!! :chuckle:

Glace
11-19-2008, 11:28 AM
All I can say is...yes, Ben calls his own plays and our offense has been struggling...

When he was injured and Lefty came in, I guarantee BA was calling 100% of the plays, and we moved the ball right down the field.

Pentheon
11-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Ben called 75% of the NO HUDDLE plays.. not all of the plays.. and they plan on doing that again tomorrow night.

im not worried about our offense, well get a few tds tomorrow night and probably get back into a groove now that we finally learned how to pass the ball to the short routes.

Dino 6 Rings
11-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Terry called all his own plays and won 4 SuperBowls.

Just more proof that Terry Bradshaw was the greatest athlete to ever walk the earth.

GBMelBlount
11-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Thanks Dino! I'll take that into consideration when I formulate my list of top 100 hundred athlet.......errr, ummmm....I mean top athlete of all time. :chuckle:

ajs8207
11-19-2008, 01:02 PM
All I can say is...yes, Ben calls his own plays and our offense has been struggling...

When he was injured and Lefty came in, I guarantee BA was calling 100% of the plays, and we moved the ball right down the field.

We moved the ball right down the field inside the 5 3 times. Then we go to the huddle, and BA goes back to calling the plays. Guys, this is a top tier NFL quarterback, not Tommy Maddox or Kordell Stewart. Give him a break. If the offense plays like it did on Sunday between the 20s consistently, the touchdowns will come, and so will the victories.

steelreserve
11-19-2008, 01:07 PM
I don't know what to think about the play calling last week.

On the one hand, Ben was making smart throws instead of stupid ones. The offense seemed to be moving the ball a lot more consistently and managed to avoid plunging a dagger into our chest with bad mistakes.

On the other hand, we barely scored any fricking points.

LVSteelersfan
11-19-2008, 01:34 PM
The points will come if we continue in this vein. As long as the refs don't throw the flag every single time we make a big play. Jerks.

iloveben7
11-19-2008, 05:14 PM
way to go Ben!!

T.Richardson
11-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Well, hopefully if he calls play, they will score.

iloveben7
11-19-2008, 05:22 PM

That's cause the Redskins didn't game plan for Leftwich

T.Richardson
11-19-2008, 05:28 PM
That's cause the Redskins didn't game plan for Leftwich

Nah, it was one game, Leftwhich isnt as good as people assume. He was beat by Garrard for the starting QB position, played terrible in Atlanta (Matt Ryan is doing very good with basically the same team, with a different RB). What makes people think he would play well? I firmly believe that because of his mobility, and his unusually long delivery on his passes casues him to play ineffective.

iloveben7
11-19-2008, 05:31 PM
^that too, but people just don't understand. If he was as great as everyone thinks he is, he'd be the starting QB of a team.

TackleMeBen
11-19-2008, 06:04 PM
^that too, but people just don't understand. If he was as great as everyone thinks he is, he'd be the starting QB of a team.
he is injury prone that is probably why he isnt a starting qb anywhere.. but hey daunte culpepper is...lol

Preacher
11-19-2008, 06:05 PM
I don't know what to think about the play calling last week.

On the one hand, Ben was making smart throws instead of stupid ones. The offense seemed to be moving the ball a lot more consistently and managed to avoid plunging a dagger into our chest with bad mistakes.

As i keep saying.

It doesn't all come together at once. It is piece by piece.

If Ben calling 75% of the plays is what works... Then keep it up.

T.Richardson
11-19-2008, 06:07 PM
he is injury prone that is probably why he isnt a starting qb anywhere.. but hey daunte culpepper is...lol

I could start at QB for the Lions...lol

TackleMeBen
11-19-2008, 06:17 PM
I could start at QB for the Lions...lol
:sofunny:, heck so could my 6yr old son... but that isnt the point now is it???lol:wink02:

i am just saying that culpepper wanted to come in and compete for the starting job against ben and now he has one..even if its in detroit..lol...

stillers4me
11-19-2008, 07:53 PM

That's because we took one step forward, and two steps backward. Penalties kept us on the wrong side of the goal line. We lost 1/3 of the yardage we gained. :banging:

steel striker
11-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Well come on guys the main reason we did not score more points because, of all the penalties. It took Parker's td off the board and, I still say if Nate would have put the ball over the goal line that would have been another td.

Steelman16
11-19-2008, 10:45 PM
It's called a Step In The Right Direction folks.

Most of us were loudly calling for Ben to make smarter passes. So what happens? He goes out there and does just that.

And guess what? Now everyone is complaining it wasn't effective enough and we didn't score enough points!

Gah. :doh:

If we have another game like last week, subtract a few of those 15 penalties, there's no way on God's green earth that we don't produce points in a convincing fashion. It's all about consistency.

I was pleased with last week. Had we lost, I woulda been bummed, but still pleased in the direction of the offense. Because, frankly, the offense is still light years behind the defense. If they ever even sort of catch up, we're going places.