PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo watches a movie with a Homeless man.

T.Richardson
11-20-2008, 10:55 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3714369

Tony Romo made one man very happy, and it had nothing to do with throwing touchdowns.

Romo

The Dallas Morning News reported on Wednesday that the Cowboys quarterback took a homeless man to the movies recently.

The man, who goes by Doc, was outside a theater in in Dallas when a man came up and offered to pay his way to see a movie. Planning on passing out fliers for a consignment store across the street, Doc declined. But then he realized that he had just turned down Romo.

He ran across the street, asked for the day off and ran back to the theater. Romo and Doc ended up sitting together watching the movie "Role Model." Doc told the newspaper that he informed Romo that he hadn't showered in days.

"Don't worry about that," Romo said, according to the newspaper. "I'm used to locker rooms."

Romo reportedly also changed the tire of a couple on the way home the night of the season opener and showed up to a high school pep rally with actor Will Smith earlier this week. He confirmed the encounter with Doc but wouldn't elaborate.

This latest gesture really impressed Doc.

"For me, it was a blessing," Doc said. "It came at just the right time. It gave me some encouragement and faith in mankind. I just wanted to say thank you

Romo is a really nice dude, the way he helps people. :applaudit:

fansince'76
11-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Romo and Doc ended up sitting together watching the movie "Role Model." Doc told the newspaper that he informed Romo that he hadn't showered in days.

"Don't worry about that," Romo said, according to the newspaper. "I'm used to locker rooms."

I guess it's safe to assume that Jessica wasn't there. :chuckle:

JEFF4i
11-20-2008, 11:20 AM
He's a helluva golfer too. Played in a tournament that he played in, freakin fierce!

Cool to see him tryin to be a good guy.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Well after spending most of his time with TO and Jessica Simpson, he was probally looking for some intelligent conversation.

klick81
11-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Well after spending most of his time with TO and Jessica Simpson, he was probally looking for some intelligent conversation.

OUCH :sofunny:.

Good for him, I know that probably never would have crossed my mind.

jjpro11
11-20-2008, 12:28 PM
he does seem like a good hearted guy. hes alright in my book.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Romo: Hey TO, wanna catch a movie?

TO: Getcha popcorn ready!

Romo: Yeah, dude, we can get popcorn. What movie you wanna see?

TO: I love me some me!

Romo: I haven't heard of that movie.

TO: Get yo popcorn ready!

*Gets on phone with Jessica*

Romo: Hey baby.....

Jessica: Is this stuff tuna or chicken Tony? It says it's Chicken of the Sea, but it tatses and looks like tuna.

Romo: For God sakes, you went over this years ago with Nick! It's freaking TUNA! I was going to ask you to see a movie, but you'll spend the night contemplating your lunch.

*Romo goes to the theater and sees a homeless guy exhanching change for cash*

Tony: Finally, someone who's not a complete numbskull. Hey man, lets see a movie on me.

Homeless guy: Why thank you, I can give you a happy ending at the end of the movie.

Tony: Ummmm, okay. Can you hold an intelligent conversation?

Homeless guy: Hey, I'm not TO or Jessica Simpson, so of course I can!

Tony: That's for sure.

MasterOfPuppets
11-20-2008, 12:34 PM
He ran across the street, asked for the day off this is precisely why he's a bum....no responcability whatsoever.....romo isn't a saint...he's an enabller !!!... :toofunny:

CanadianSteel
11-20-2008, 01:27 PM
This smells of a publicity stunt but who knows as Romo does seem like a good guy.... but c.mon a movie for a homeless guy.
How about some food, or clothes etc....
The media just loves building up certain players, while otthers do commendable charity work that goes unnoticed. I guess with all the Pacman crap in D they need some feel good stories.
Once again Romo seems like a good guy.... but taking going to the movies... its obvious Jessica had worn off on him...

JEFF4i
11-20-2008, 04:14 PM
this is precisely why he's a bum....no responcability whatsoever.....romo isn't a saint...he's an enabller !!!... :toofunny:

Bet he knows his spelling and grammar though! :flap:

SteelersMongol
11-21-2008, 12:16 AM
... Romo reportedly ... showed up to a high school pep rally with actor Will Smith earlier this week...

With Will Smith? Lucky SOB. I would give up awful lot of things 4 a chance 2 just 2 shake that guy's hand. I just think Big Will is awesome guy. :thumbsup:

The_WARDen
11-21-2008, 09:50 AM
this reeks of publicity stunt..

:coffee:

fansince'76
11-21-2008, 11:57 AM
this reeks of publicity stunt..

:coffee:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way when reading this article.

MACH1
11-21-2008, 12:46 PM
I thought this was Broke Back Mountain thread. :chuckle:

revefsreleets
11-21-2008, 12:54 PM
He should run for President!

MasterOfPuppets
11-21-2008, 01:07 PM
He should run for President!and make the bum his running mate.....:thumbsup:

beSteelmyheart
11-21-2008, 05:34 PM
I thought this was Broke Back Mountain thread. :chuckle:
lol! You should have heard what my fiancee said about it-it's not fit to print! It has something to do with dark theaters & I'll leave it at that!:wink02: