PDA

View Full Version : Quinn's Era shortened???

Blonde Bomber
11-20-2008, 01:10 PM
He has a broken finger on his throwing hand.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8822538?MSNHPHMA

revefsreleets
11-20-2008, 01:13 PM
A broken fingered Quinn is still a better option than a 100% healthy DA.

Blonde Bomber
11-20-2008, 01:19 PM
That may be, the Clownies at look motivated last week.

HereWeGoSteelers219
11-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Once Quinn goes down you know damn well a defensive player will do whatever they can to irritate that finger, whether it means stepping on it or bending it.

Steelman16
11-21-2008, 12:18 AM
He just wants to tell Tony Romo to suck it. :laughing:

Steeler in Carolina
11-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Quinn started the game, but got benched this week. So much for the Brady Quinn era.

xfl2001fan
11-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Between his broken finger and Braylon's butter-fingers, is it any wonder he got pulled?

Braylon needs benched.

X-Terminator
11-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Between his broken finger and Braylon's butter-fingers, is it any wonder he got pulled?

Braylon needs benched.

So how many did he drop today? Was one of them another sure TD?

Blonde Bomber
11-23-2008, 04:54 PM
So how many did he drop today? Was one of them another sure TD?

3 shoulda been 5

Preacher
11-23-2008, 05:14 PM
You oughta see the ugliness on the Browns board.

MasterOfPuppets
11-23-2008, 05:58 PM
You oughta see the ugliness on the Browns board.
please post some of the good stuff......:thumbsup:

Blonde Bomber
11-23-2008, 07:10 PM
The funniest thing that I saw was that some guy said he just put on a brown bag.

then in his next post he said he drew eyes on instead of cutting some out!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

fansince'76
11-23-2008, 07:17 PM
That's what you get when you try to build a team through FA....

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-23-2008, 07:31 PM
That's what you get when you try to build a team through FA....

Without Free Agency..We wouldn't have our best player on D. Trust me...There isn't a guy in that draft class 2-3-4-5-6-7 round that would have been able to do some of things thats the I've seen Shaun "fat and overrated" Rogers has done. And I'm being serious, the guy has been a monster, one of the only bright spots ot he game. And the guy better DAMN well get a Pro Bowl spot. Half of the only good thing we had/have is from free agency, our o-line.

No..This season has nothing to do with Phil trading all the first day picks away, it has everything to do with a lack of discipline and heart on this current squad.

We are not a good football team right now, and probably are not going to be one for a long a*** time, if you can tell me a quick solution to become better and get a good coach thats willing to take us back to glory..be my guest..but damn..it looks pretty hopefless at the moment.

Crushzilla
11-23-2008, 08:01 PM
He just wants to tell Tony Romo to suck it. :laughing:

I'm sure he does

http://boifromtroy.com/wp-content/grabbybradyquinn.jpg

:chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
11-23-2008, 08:31 PM
please post some of the good stuff......:thumbsup:

Fat Ass, will be here until after our last MNF Game. it will be the following Monday he gets ShitCanned!

We will Beat the Eagles and then come out the next week and Lose to the Bungels with Shitty Play Again. then on Monday everyone Celebrates and wonders Who the Hell will be our Next Coach?

Then Chud will come in as an Interim Coach and Beat the Shit out of the Steelers and be named our Savior! Browns 57 Steelers -2

i found this one pretty funny!:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Fat Ass, will be here until after our last MNF Game. it will be the following Monday he gets ShitCanned!

We will Beat the Eagles and then come out the next week and Lose to the Bungels with Shitty Play Again. then on Monday everyone Celebrates and wonders Who the Hell will be our Next Coach?

Then Chud will come in as an Interim Coach and Beat the Shit out of the Steelers and be named our Savior! Browns 57 Steelers -2

i found this one pretty funny!:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

The folks that are posting those things don't know a damn thing about the team and are probably a very piss-poor representation of Browns fans. If you went to Browns247 you'd see a pretty realistic feeling among the folks whom inhabit the pound.

Anybody who thinks we're anywhere NEAR beating pittsburgh in week 17 is smoking pot.

Crennel will be fired Super Bowl/ week, and then we'll have to find someone..Who that someone is..I don't know.

devilsdancefloor
11-23-2008, 08:58 PM
http://cowher09.com/

this was also posted and begged folks to go sign and go to the brownsboard.com just to snoop

fansince'76
11-23-2008, 09:03 PM
http://cowher09.com/images/whiteshirtlg.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-23-2008, 09:08 PM
http://cowher09.com/images/whiteshirtlg.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

:noidea:...I don't know who else we can get?

BTW..an article I wrote was featured and linked on the front page of that site a few weeks a go.

T&B fan
11-23-2008, 09:24 PM
He has a broken finger on his throwing hand.

Welcome to the NFL .:wave:

Preacher
11-23-2008, 09:40 PM
:chuckle:

We all know Cowher's love for QB's.

Brady Quinn thinks he has it bad now? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just wait!

devilsdancefloor
11-23-2008, 10:13 PM
they want cowher in 09 but man does he look happy at his new gig :tt02:

http://xs233.xs.to/xs233/08470/bill_1_443.jpg

fansince'76
11-23-2008, 10:15 PM
http://xs233.xs.to/xs233/08470/bill_1_443.jpg

Blast from the past. :chuckle:

Preacher
11-23-2008, 10:19 PM
its been a while since I've seen that pic.

MasterOfPuppets
11-24-2008, 02:31 AM
:noidea:...I don't know who else we can get?

BTW..an article I wrote was featured and linked on the front page of that site a few weeks a go.Norv Turner may be available.......:noidea: ............:sofunny:

Blonde Bomber
11-24-2008, 08:07 AM
The fact that the Brownies keep changing head coaches every few years seems to hurt them as much as anything. I know that Crennel is not Tomlin, Cowher or Noll, and he has probably lost the team after yanking Quinn out yesterday, but they need some kind of stability.

I heard on the radio, and never really thought about it, but the last HC they hired with any experience as a HC was Paul Brown. So Crennel (assuming he were to stay) has made some mistakes, but he will probably get better. Hell, Bellicheat didn't take them anywhere either and he got better as a coach not as a person, cause he was a mumbling fool in Cleveland.

I would have to agree with J. Lewis, and the newspapers today that the play calling was suspect considering that they were not down by 2 or 3 TD's (it was 10-6 in the 3rd quarter), yet Lewis only gets 10 carries averaging 5.8 a carry. Meanwhile, and this is pretty much out of the Plain Dealer, Edwards has had 32 passes thrown to him in the last 2 weeks, he's caught 13 of them, dropped 3 yesterday, and I think the 4th drop there was a penalty. One of the drops was in the endzone yesterday.

Anyway, even if they were to get Cowher to come in next year, they are assuming he would stay for 10 or 15 years which I doubt, but the rebuilding and learning another offense starts all over again. So if they were to sign him for 5 years, you would have to account 2 years to getting everything back to NFL caliber. The main thing that they would get from Cowher, and I guess at this point this is what they need, is some leadership.

OK rambling over.

xfl2001fan
11-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I don't know why we quit running with J.Lewis. He was doing well back there...Harrison popped off a few good runs as well (if I remember right).

RoethlisBURGHer
11-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I don't know why we quit running with J.Lewis. He was doing well back there...Harrison popped off a few good runs as well (if I remember right).

Because all Chudzinski wants to do is throw throw throw.

Lewis only gets better as the game goes on. But Chud doesn't seem to understand this.

And then RAC pulling Quinn, and then saying after the game that it was partially due to his desicion making? Quinn is supposed to be the franchise QB for that team now. You cannot pull him for his desicion making in his third NFL start. Now Quinn will have it in the back of his head that one bad desicion and he's on the bench again.

Not to mention there was no communication to him that he was still considered the starter. Quinn thought he was demoted back to backup QB status.

If Romeo had not already punched his ticket out of Cleveland before yesterday...then yesterday the ticket was punched.

fansince'76
11-24-2008, 04:35 PM
And then RAC pulling Quinn, and then saying after the game that it was partially due to his desicion making? Quinn is supposed to be the franchise QB for that team now. You cannot pull him for his desicion making in his third NFL start. Now Quinn will have it in the back of his head that one bad desicion and he's on the bench again.

Not to mention there was no communication to him that he was still considered the starter. Quinn thought he was demoted back to backup QB status.

If Romeo had not already punched his ticket out of Cleveland before yesterday...then yesterday the ticket was punched.

I agree - pulling Quinn was a huge mistake, IMO, due to what it could do to his confidence if nothing else.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-24-2008, 05:25 PM
I think you guys should pretty much just chalk up week 17 as a W.

Yesterdays game was a joke. I've never seen such an un-enthusiastic team play football.

Crennel and Phil are both gone at this point. If Bill wants the gig, he can name his price..If not I have NO clue where the Browns should go to get a head coach and GM. I'm sure you guys are pulling for us to stay the same, but god this is sad.

MasterOfPuppets
11-24-2008, 06:49 PM

Yesterdays game was a joke. I've never seen such an un-enthusiastic team play football.

Crennel and Phil are both gone at this point. If Bill wants the gig, he can name his price..If not I have NO clue where the Browns should go to get a head coach and GM. I'm sure you guys are pulling for us to stay the same, but god this is sad.:rofl: ......we did that BEFORE , the season started !!! :toofunny:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-24-2008, 07:47 PM
:rofl: ......we did that BEFORE , the season started !!! :toofunny:

Kills me saying that..believe me, as I truly did believe that we could this season. Is that too much to ask for from my team? To beat the rival and make the playoffs. Thats all I wanted. Not a damn super bowl, not a division championship, just one of those two things.

Nothing I'd want to do more than to the return the favor of the recent blowouts and get this rivalry back on track.

Not this year..Its beyond normal-pathetic right now.

It sucks having stand up for this team and they don't follow through.

MasterOfPuppets
11-25-2008, 02:54 AM
Kills me saying that..believe me, as I truly did believe that we could this season. Is that too much to ask for from my team? To beat the rival and make the playoffs. Thats all I wanted. Not a damn super bowl, not a division championship, just one of those two things.

Nothing I'd want to do more than to the return the favor of the recent blowouts and get this rivalry back on track.

Not this year..Its beyond normal-pathetic right now.

It sucks having stand up for this team and they don't follow through.So last years , "fluke" season mislead ya huh? i penciled ya's in for 7-9 tops before the season started.. why?
1 DA .....showed he wasn't for real coming down the home stretch last year.....50% + completion, doesn't get it done in the NFL anymore
2 schedule .....gets a little harder when you stick your head out of the basement of the division. did you guys beat a team with a winning record last year?
3 romeo crennel.......is cleveland modeling the franchise after cinncy? keep a shitty coach,and players with attitudes......sure looks like it.

Preacher
11-25-2008, 04:15 AM
If the Browns were coached well, and if they didn't have all the injuries they had, this team should have gone 9-7, 8-8, someplace in there. They showed in their games against us and the Giants that they can hang in and beat good teams. However, they do not have the wherewithal to do it. That starts with the coaches calling good plays to build the teams confidence, and the teams starting to win, then expecting that they WILL win every game.

That is the biggest difference between the top two and the bottom two teams in this league. The Ravens and the Steelers EXPECT to win every game they play, even if they are down by 21 points going into the fourth quarter, the Steelers EXPECT to come out winners, because they believe they have the ability and the talent to do it. That attitude covers many a mistake. It makes players that aren't quite fast enough, just a little faster.

When the Brown's legitmately have that attitude, then they will become a dangerous team.

Stlrs4Life
11-25-2008, 07:11 PM

Crennel and Phil are both gone at this point. If Bill wants the gig, he can name his price..If not I have NO clue where the Browns should go to get a head coach and GM. I'm sure you guys are pulling for us to stay the same, but god this is sad.

No way, the Browns always play us tough no matter how bad everybody says they are. Willing to bet they beat Indy this Sunday.