PDA

View Full Version : A Demon and God-- at the Verizon Store!

Preacher
11-20-2008, 03:33 PM
So I am getting my cell phone worked on at the verizon store.

The lovely young lady working on it is named... DIO. Which is a derivation of the Latin (through Italian) word for God.

Right next to her, is a guy working on someone elses cell phone. He mentioned doing an exorcism on the phone :chuckle:. What is even more funny, was that his name is Damien, which a derivation of the greek word for. . . Demon.

So there stands God and Demon working on cell phones... no wonder this world is screwed up.

I am think about switching to T-mobile.

MasterOfPuppets
11-20-2008, 03:53 PM
doesn't "Dios" in spanish mean God

MasterOfPuppets
11-20-2008, 03:58 PM
when you turn the "DIO" LOGO upside down it says DEVIL....

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1961/dioholydivertu8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Preacher
11-20-2008, 04:00 PM
when you turn the "DIO" LOGO upside down it says DEVIL....

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1961/dioholydivertu8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:rofl:

Holy Diver, you've been down too long in the midnight sun. Oh what's become of me.

Ride the Tiger, you can see his stripes but you know he's clean, do you know what I mean?

NO Ronnie, I have NO CLUE what you mean... but I still love your music! :chuckle:

Preacher
11-20-2008, 04:01 PM
doesn't "Dios" in spanish mean God

Yep, they are all a derivation of the Latin.

Dio is probably the feminine inflected form, though I am not familiar with Spanish enough.

MasterOfPuppets
11-20-2008, 05:12 PM

Holy Diver, you've been down too long in the midnight sun.(SEA) Oh what's become of me.

Ride the Tiger, you can see his stripes but you know he's clean, do you know what I mean?

NO Ronnie, I have NO CLUE what you mean... but I still love your music! :chuckle: RIDE THE TIGER - HEROIN
SEE HIS STRIPES - THE CIRCLES ON A SYRINGE

cubanstogie
11-20-2008, 05:19 PM
What a great album, I am now strolling down memory lane thinking about it. Rainbow in the dark great tune also.

revefsreleets
11-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Dio....good stuff.

Speaking of Verizon (hijacking in progress) my new Juke has the best sounding ear buds I've ever had the pleasure of placing in my ears. But they are the WORST engineered ergonomically ever.

A) There is what amounts to a giant weight right under the "R" bud, basically dragging the thing out of my ears
B) The cord from the weight to the bud is about 5" long
C) The buds are barely "grippy"
D) They have posts which seem to serve no other purpose but to make them NOT fit in my ear more.

Seriously, unless I sit perfectly still and stationary, out they pop. This sucks...I love the sound, but am thinking I'm going to have to some major alterations to the design to make these things work.

Preacher
11-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Dio....good stuff.

Speaking of Verizon (hijacking in progress) my new Juke has the best sounding ear buds I've ever had the pleasure of placing in my ears. But they are the WORST engineered ergonomically ever.

A) There is what amounts to a giant weight right under the "R" bud, basically dragging the thing out of my ears
B) The cord from the weight to the bud is about 5" long
C) The buds are barely "grippy"
D) They have posts which seem to serve no other purpose but to make them NOT fit in my ear more.

Seriously, unless I sit perfectly still and stationary, out they pop. This sucks...I love the sound, but am thinking I'm going to have to some major alterations to the design to make these things work.

Was the guy that sold them to you named Damien? :chuckle: See if there is a Dio that works there! :wink02:

GutterflowerSteel
11-22-2008, 09:17 AM

Holy Diver, you've been down too long in the midnight sun. Oh what's become of me.

NO Ronnie, I have NO CLUE what you mean... but I still love your music! :chuckle:
I saw him on the Last In Line tour with Udo Dirkschneider and Accept as the opening band - the Elf was rockin' :thumbsup:

silver & black
11-22-2008, 10:11 AM
I saw him on the Last In Line tour with Udo Dirkschneider and Accept as the opening band - the Elf was rockin' :thumbsup:

Kinda makes you wonder why his former band Elf sucked, huh? :sofunny:

Leftoverhard
11-22-2008, 02:54 PM
I am think about switching to T-mobile.

Yeah - but when you say "T-mobile" backwards in Swahili it means "Lucifer"

Preacher
11-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Yeah - but when you say "T-mobile" backwards in Swahili it means "Lucifer"

:chuckle:

I have to be honest, of the 3 companies I have been with so far, Verizon seems to be the best.