PDA

View Full Version : Heinz Field crowd disappointing again.

Edman
11-20-2008, 09:28 PM
What a bunch of sadsack boobirds.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-20-2008, 09:36 PM
They are booing a 7-3 team that has the toughest schedule in the league, and has a buch of their players injured...
We should feel lucky that we are where we are with the health of our team.. and the rough schedule that we have....
(I guess its funny how fast you go from being cheered to booed in sports)...
Imagine if we were lossing this game
Go Steelers...

X-Terminator
11-20-2008, 10:26 PM
This surprises you?

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
11-20-2008, 10:28 PM
yeah its pittsburgh, thats the way its always been and will be

8-3

iloveben7
11-20-2008, 10:30 PM
yep fans are always booing at every game. get used to it

Preacher
11-20-2008, 10:30 PM
This surprises you?

:rofl:

I love it when people somehow forget the Bradshaw effigies and the booing.

tony hipchest
11-20-2008, 10:32 PM
ernster deserves to get boo'd.

i cant wait for sepulveda to return and we will have yet another player who is the absolute best at his position.

iloveben7
11-20-2008, 10:33 PM
yeah but just haven't been booing ernster. they boo everytime something goes wrong

steelreserve
11-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Mostly, it seemed like they were booing the horrible punter who deserved it, along with a handful of stupid mistakes. Everything doesn't have to be rah-rah-go-cougars when you know you can do way way better.

Preacher
11-20-2008, 10:34 PM

i cant wait for sepulveda to return and we will have yet another player who is the absolute best at his position.

:hatsoff::hatsoff:

Absolutely.

I can think of a game or two that may have hinged on him playing.

iloveben7
11-20-2008, 10:35 PM
i MISS sepulveda

Godfather
11-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Mostly, it seemed like they were booing the horrible punter who deserved it, along with a handful of stupid mistakes.

Yep, most of the boos I heard were directed at Ernster. Let's remember he's basically a third string punter and he was available in November for a reason. Maybe we can bring Kordell back...he can punt and he can kind of throw so we always have the threat of a fake :popcorn:

Everything doesn't have to be rah-rah-go-cougars when you know you can do way way better.

Cougars? Where?

eafratitpm3
11-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Ernsters final totals 5 Punts 28.4 yds. Booed is the least of his worries

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
11-20-2008, 10:39 PM
we won.... its okay, he is just a punter... he can be replaced haha

X-Terminator
11-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Yes, Ernster was worse than pathetic tonight and hasn't kicked well since the Steelers signed him. But I still wouldn't have booed him. Sorry, but I think it's wrong and counterproductive. Express your disappointment by doing something other than booing your own team.

eafratitpm3
11-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Let me clarify that was 28.4 avg not total, lol

Ernsters final totals 5 Punts 28.4 yds. Booed is the least of his worries

iloveben7
11-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Yes, Ernster was worse than pathetic tonight and hasn't kicked well since the Steelers signed him. But I still wouldn't have booed him. Sorry, but I think it's wrong and counterproductive. Express your disappointment by doing something other than booing your own team.

I agree. I will never boo anyone on my teams

rbryan
11-20-2008, 11:42 PM
It's become painfully obvious why we kept Berger around with a hamstring once you watch Ernster kick.

Gotta be someone better available. I could average 28 yds.

jjpro11
11-20-2008, 11:44 PM
ernster is as good as gone.. we have 10 days to find a new punter.

rbryan
11-20-2008, 11:46 PM
Theres 25 -30 guys that are better than Ernster playing this Saturday. HTF is he the best we can do???

Steel Duck
11-20-2008, 11:50 PM
I think Ernster will be looking for a new job tomorrow....

Shoes
Maybe SWEEEEEED can punt :chuckle:

SteelersMongol
They were booing? I didn't notice that. I guess I was way 2 much caught up with the plays. But I heard "Heeeeeeeeeath" when Miller caught a pass (at least that's what I thought they were screaming). That was awesome.

Steel Duck
11-20-2008, 11:53 PM
They were booing? I didn't notice that. I guess I was way 2 much caught up with the plays. But I heard "Heeeeeeeeeath" when Miller caught a pass (at least that's what I thought they were screaming). That was awesome.

They did it three times tonight....Heeeeeaaaaattttthhhhh... they do it all of the time....and it always sounds like a boo...but it ain't! I love the way the crowd says his name!!!!
:tt02:

Petesburgh66
11-20-2008, 11:57 PM

Hmmm, I can't wait that long as that is next season. Ernster currently blows and needs to be replaced ASAP.

BozMan
11-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Maybe we can bring Kordell back...he can punt and he can kind of throw so we always have the threat of a fake :popcorn:

What about Ben? I remember in one game against the Ravens (think it was the '05 season) that he pooch punted and pinned Baltimore at their 1. He couldn't be any worse than Ernster.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-21-2008, 12:06 AM
They did it three times tonight....Heeeeeaaaaattttthhhhh... they do it all of the time....and it always sounds like a boo...but it ain't! I love the way the crowd says his name!!!!

Aren't they saying "Moose", his nickname?

SteelersMongol
11-21-2008, 12:44 AM

Isn't that just awesome? 1 day I must C it myself. :tt02:

Aren't they saying "Moose", his nickname?

No. If I remember correctly the guy who goes 2 the game told me they were calling his name. & I didn't know his nickname was "Moose". Really? :popcorn: They call him "Moose"?

TeeJay
11-21-2008, 12:59 AM
Maybe SWEEEEEED can punt :chuckle:

He sure can't return 'em!! :wink02::flap:

Stu Pidasso
11-21-2008, 01:38 AM
Can John Kuhn punt?

augustashark
11-21-2008, 01:58 AM

Like putting my hands around the neck of Ernster?:chuckle:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-21-2008, 03:38 AM
They call him "Moose"?

Maybe I was wrong, I could have sworn someone told me that was what the crowd was saying, but I can't find anything to back that up:noidea: Oh well...Well, it sounds like "moose" on TV :chuckle:

Maybe I got it mixed up with the Pens old goalie, Aubin?

The Duke
11-21-2008, 05:30 AM
Can John Kuhn punt?

only at a HOF level

stlrtruck
11-21-2008, 07:12 AM
I thought they were moring booing the refs and ernster. When Miller caught the ball it sounded like boos but I knew they were saying "HHHHHHHEEEEEAAAAAAAAATTTTTHHHHHHH" but where I watched the game from it sounded like boos

jjpro11
11-21-2008, 08:10 AM
i think its pretty well established that heeeeaaathh is what they are doing for him.. booing the hell out of the refs is fine, especially after last week. booing ernster is fine, because he is getting paid way too much money to be booting 25 yarders. booing the offense when they are in a funk is fine because i think it has woken them up in the past.

X-Terminator
11-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Like putting my hands around the neck of Ernster?:chuckle:

Considering that I wanted to do the same thing last night, that will be acceptable :chuckle:

Stillers43
11-21-2008, 09:06 AM
There was only one person who did deserve the boos... the punter (Ernster). He absolutely sucked it up. Other than that, I really hope we don't start to turn into Browns fans (they are just awful!!!!!).

Dino 6 Rings
11-21-2008, 09:07 AM
i think its pretty well established that heeeeaaathh is what they are doing for him.. booing the hell out of the refs is fine, especially after last week. booing ernster is fine, because he is getting paid way too much money to be booting 25 yarders. booing the offense when they are in a funk is fine because i think it has woken them up in the past.

I agree with this completely, and if I was there and there was "reason" to boo, they'd get a lot worse out of me than just "boo".

More like, "you useless bum go smoke crack under a bridge and get off my roster so I can fill it with someone that wants to play pro ball"

its the old brother thing, I can fight my brother all day long anytime I want, but if you try to fight him, you'll have to fight both of us. I can attack my team all day long, but if you try to attack my team, then you get four rings across your forhead that spell out ONID

TackleMeBen
11-21-2008, 09:13 AM
does anyone know the status of sepulveda rehab? i hope he is back for next season b/c i can go thru another season of terrible punters... heck i could have punted better than ernster... lol. and i am woman:chuckle:

Stlrs4Life
11-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Mostly, it seemed like they were booing the horrible punter who deserved it, along with a handful of stupid mistakes. Everything doesn't have to be rah-rah-go-cougars when you know you can do way way better.

Exactly. I was trhere, I didn't boo at Ernster, but said a few choice words his way. And they booed the Officials, what's new? Only thing that concerned me was, the empty seats at the beginning of the game, but filled at the second Qtr.

Stlrs4Life
11-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Maybe I was wrong, I could have sworn someone told me that was what the crowd was saying, but I can't find anything to back that up:noidea: Oh well...Well, it sounds like "moose" on TV :chuckle:

Maybe I got it mixed up with the Pens old goalie, Aubin?

Hedberg.

steelpride12
11-21-2008, 10:42 AM
I was at the game and the fans only booed at one point: when Ernster punted the ball.
The fans we are all loyal and love our team that's why we fill the seats game in and game out. Ernster is not playing his position right and will get booed till he is gone.

The Duke
11-21-2008, 02:11 PM
does anyone know the status of sepulveda rehab? i hope he is back for next season b/c i can go thru another season of terrible punters... heck i could have punted better than ernster... lol. and i am woman:chuckle:

Hey now, women can kick really hard. Believe me, I know :flap:

T&B fan
11-21-2008, 04:09 PM
:rofl:

I love it when people somehow forget the Bradshaw effigies and the booing.

yes he was the big dummy in the early days .

Brandon
11-21-2008, 10:40 PM
What concerns me is all the empty seats.

Steeldude
11-21-2008, 10:54 PM
weren't they booing the punter?

Steely McSmash
11-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Can John Kuhn punt?

like an angel

cowboykilla
11-22-2008, 01:06 PM
I love jack&coke!!!!!!:drink:

Brandon
11-22-2008, 07:42 PM
weren't they booing the punter?

Yeah, on TV that was the only time I heard the boo's. Well, aside from the first series, where we went three-and-out. Other than that, there was cheering.

Brandon
11-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Wow, I came across this little gem, apparently the attendance at Heinz Field for the Bengal game was 59,854 . I thought games have been sold out since 1972? Does that end the streak?

X-Terminator
11-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Wow, I came across this little gem, apparently the attendance at Heinz Field for the Bengal game was 59,854 . I thought games have been sold out since 1972? Does that end the streak?

No, because the announced attendance is the number of people in the building, not the number of tickets sold. So based on the latter, the streak continues on. I figured that there would be a lot of empty seats because of the weather and because it's the lowly Bengals. If it was a better opponent, there likely would have been fewer no-shows.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-22-2008, 08:15 PM
we should just be glad that we do not have a team like the detroit lions or raiders.

Brandon
11-22-2008, 08:24 PM
No, because the announced attendance is the number of people in the building, not the number of tickets sold. So based on the latter, the streak continues on. I figured that there would be a lot of empty seats because of the weather and because it's the lowly Bengals. If it was a better opponent, there likely would have been fewer no-shows.

Ah, I see. That explains the empty seats. Thanks a lot man.