PDA

View Full Version : Our Terribe Towel -vs- Their Imitation

Grey
12-09-2005, 08:16 PM
I'd like to make a point.

The Terrible Towel is the original. There is none other like it. All of the crappy ass towels that other teams are waving now are much smaller because they are freebies handed out on game day. Steelers fans purchase their Terrible Towels.

But here's the real difference resulting from that fact: a Steelers fan holds his Terrible Towel on one end in his clenched fist and waves with all his might, while the imitators, with their skimpy little cheapos can only hold the tiny rag in their fingertips and twirl it a bit because it's too small to hold it in a fist and still have anything to wave. Watch the stands in some other games and you'll see what I'm talking about.

This is no trivial point, and it should give you all some pleasure as you realize that there is still no competitor to The Terrible Towel.

Here's to Myron. :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

Here we go.
Grey

Suitanim
12-09-2005, 09:15 PM
I saw a bus pull into one of the Heinz Field Gold Lot's Sunday about half full of Bungals fans. There was a lone Bungal dude, leaning out the window with some raggedy-assed ugly orange wash cloth sized Terrible Towel knock-off, and he yelled "Who Dey" a few times. He was immediately pelted by about 150 snowballs, and he quickly retreated and shut the window.

SteelR1
12-09-2005, 11:14 PM
We own the Towel,, It's ours!!!!!

shevdog
12-09-2005, 11:47 PM
I'd like to make a point.

The Terrible Towel is the original. There is none other like it. All of the crappy ass towels that other teams are waving now are much smaller because they are freebies handed out on game day. Steelers fans purchase their Terrible Towels.

But here's the real difference resulting from that fact: a Steelers fan holds his Terrible Towel on one end in his clenched fist and waves with all his might, while the imitators, with their skimpy little cheapos can only hold the tiny rag in their fingertips and twirl it a bit because it's too small to hold it in a fist and still have anything to wave. Watch the stands in some other games and you'll see what I'm talking about.

This is no trivial point, and it should give you all some pleasure as you realize that there is still no competitor to The Terrible Towel.

Here's to Myron. :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

Here we go.
Grey

Long live the terrible towel!

SalukiSteelers
12-10-2005, 12:09 AM
And the best part about it is the fact that sales of the towell is that it's raised over $1M for charity. Hooray!

Stlrs4Life
12-10-2005, 08:07 AM
I hear ya, it makes me laugh when I see some other team attempt to make a towel!

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2005, 10:53 AM
I hate it when I hear about imitations. TERRIBLE TOWEL IS THE KING OF TOWELS!

fergusonat
12-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Terrible Towels are king...period

melroseplace
12-10-2005, 02:53 PM
in addition to no other towel being as great as our Terrible Towel...no other fans are as great as us either :)

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2005, 03:48 PM
in addition to no other towel being as great as our Terrible Towel...no other fans are as great as us either :)

Statement 1:Fact
Statement 2:Fact

Rep Points To You.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-10-2005, 04:52 PM
The Clowns have or used to have one...the "Browns Rootin' Rag" a shit-brown towel with puke-orange script/photo.

fergusonat
12-10-2005, 05:09 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2005-06-22/0622cope2-b.jpg

You can't tell me this guy isn't one of the coolest people to come out of Pittsburgh, thus his coolness rubbed off on his Terrible Towel

Myron Cope...I salute you :salute:

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Man I wish Myron Was Still On The Steelers Radio Network.

clevestinks
12-10-2005, 08:36 PM
You can but I best of Mryon CD!

fergusonat
12-11-2005, 01:36 AM
My mom actually used to work at an ad agency a while back, as I guess a secretary or something, and her boss was in an organization for parents with autistic children. And as some might know Myron Cope also has an autistic kid, so she actually had a bunch of chances to talk to Myron on the phone when he called her boss. She said she would talk about the Steelers with him. So in a way, I am indirectly acquainted with Myron Cope :dancing:

BigCat
12-11-2005, 01:54 AM
I saw a bus pull into one of the Heinz Field Gold Lot's Sunday about half full of Bungals fans. There was a lone Bungal dude, leaning out the window with some raggedy-assed ugly orange wash cloth sized Terrible Towel knock-off, and he yelled "Who Dey" a few times. He was immediately pelted by about 150 snowballs, and he quickly retreated and shut the window.

Guess that just goes to show how classless Steeler fans are. They have to result to throwing snowballs at the opposing teams fans. I thought you people had more class than that, I guess not.

fergusonat
12-11-2005, 02:00 AM
Oh, and throwing snowballs is such a filthy rotten thing to do after all :rofl:

RoethlisBURGHer
12-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Omg,not Snowballs!

Koopa
12-12-2005, 03:22 AM
Guess that just goes to show how classless Steeler fans are. They have to result to throwing snowballs at the opposing teams fans. I thought you people had more class than that, I guess not.

we may not have class but at least we ain't pu$$ies

clevestinks
12-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Big Cat I thought, and I was wrong, that of all people you were smarter than that. A couple fans don`t make a fan base. I actually talked to two Bengals fans walking from the gates after the game. They were respectful, and they mentioned over and over what a great field itwas, and that they were treated great before , during and after the game. No more than some fun ball busting. You want to see some retarded jerks as fans , go to cleveland. I have many friends who are embarassed about thier own fans!

Suitanim
12-12-2005, 10:39 AM

Lighten up, Francis, they were just snowballs...and they were riding in a bus. Christ, are all Bengals fans this big of pussies?