PDA

View Full Version : willie parker

jim brown
11-20-2008, 11:04 PM
i think fast willie either hurt his knee or a hamstring

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
11-20-2008, 11:37 PM
something...

MeMo came up big tho, once again it would be nice to have FWP in but we can manage without :)

Preacher
11-20-2008, 11:40 PM
something...

MeMo came up big tho, once again it would be nice to have FWP in but we can manage without :)

Yep.

One thing that has been PROVEN this year.

You MUST have depth at RB.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
11-20-2008, 11:43 PM
just listened to the end of Tomlin's press conference, they said Keisel and knee in the same sentence and Willie went out in the 3rd quarter but didn't hear why.

Preacher
11-21-2008, 12:01 AM
just listened to the end of Tomlin's press conference, they said Keisel and knee in the same sentence and Willie went out in the 3rd quarter but didn't hear why.

That absolutely KILLS me.

I am watching the NFL channel.

THey are going ON and ON and ON about the BUngles.

They should Lewis' press conference, and an interview.

They showed Ward in an interview, and

NOTHING ON THE STEELERS.press confereance.

Steelman16
11-21-2008, 12:04 AM

Kiesel's hurt? :doh:

tony hipchest
11-21-2008, 12:06 AM
i thought it was the reaggrivation of the knee. it looked like he was gonna take it to the house (like he used to).

i could tell something was wrong when he kinda glided out of bounds.

i would say a tweak, and nothing serious, just being cautious.

he can still run it, he just doesnt have that 6th gear back yet.

Preacher
11-21-2008, 12:08 AM
i thought it was the reaggrivation of the knee. it looked like he was gonna take it to the house (like he used to).

I do hope you're right!

TeeJay
11-21-2008, 12:18 AM
Well, the guys on PSRN called it in early. They saw Parker limping off (only slighty, but a limps a limp!), and when early in the third he had his BIG jacket on then that's the sign, the players not coming back out (Unless they're a fragile QB and a bit cold..................bless!! :toofunny:)

Hopefully Fast Willie will be able to run it off (10 day break - woohoo!!), but worse case scenario...back to Mewelde.......who's already proven his ability this season.

After all, having already won a Super Bowl going the wild card route and doing what no other team has ever accomplished, why not go the whole hog, and win the sixth with a completely injury ravaged Team.....that'd really f**k off the Media! :thumbsup::wink02:

BozMan
11-21-2008, 12:47 AM
So frustrating with Willie's injuries.... gah

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
11-21-2008, 01:27 AM
That absolutely KILLS me.

I am watching the NFL channel.

THey are going ON and ON and ON about the BUngles.

They should Lewis' press conference, and an interview.

They showed Ward in an interview, and

NOTHING ON THE STEELERS.press confereance.

Preacher right after the game tune into

http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/espnradio1250/

you can listen to Tomlins press conference and the player interviews right after the game. During the day try to catch "the Drive" with Scott Paulsen, Mike Logan and Eddy Crow GREAT listening and the guys are funnier than hell. Earlier is Stan & Guys show another good one I tune in all day from work :tt02:

Steeldude
11-21-2008, 01:30 AM
need more russell.

ShutDown24
11-21-2008, 02:08 AM
We'll be okay. Moore and Russell can handle the load. Davis is an alright option as our third back. I'm just glad we have so much depth at the position this year.

Galax Steeler
11-21-2008, 05:22 AM
Moore did another good job last night Parker needs to heal because if Moore was to get hurt and parker not healthy then it would be Russell and Davis.

TeeJay
11-21-2008, 05:49 AM
Someone's gotta make the Doughnuts!

Hopefully, after a nice 10 day rest 'Fast' Willie's gonna be fine. :thumbsup:

And Mewelde's gonna be pumped and ready to go.

JEFF4i
11-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Nature of injuries. You get hurt, and if you can't "run it off," but have to take a break, pathologically, you are more prone to have more problems.

steelpride12
11-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Nice to be Holmes will be back, that's a tough hit to take.
Parker lets hope is nothing serious and a ten day break will heal him up and have him ready against the Pats.

As much as i like Kirshche i really hope Keisel Will be ready for next week. He is one of the guys up front that anchors our defense and he is a leader out there.

bradness113
11-21-2008, 01:34 PM
idk. i think we can beat the pats w/o willie. i personally would like to see him play next week. but the smart thing would b to have him sit. We need him when it counts...and thats in the playoffs, when we make a deep run for our 6th championship!!!!

GO STEELERS!

steelpride12
11-21-2008, 02:57 PM
On ESPN today they are not giving much information except "lingering knee injury."

bradness113
11-21-2008, 03:59 PM
its just sore. thats wut i heard. hes being smart about it. We had the game pretty much wrapped up wen he left. so that was smart on his part to come out if it was bothering him.

he'll b fine

IamTheSteelGod
11-22-2008, 04:50 AM
I definitely think Willie should be rested, he wasn't on top form at all yesterday, you can see he is hesitant to attack the line.

Texasteel
11-22-2008, 07:39 AM

I thought the same thing Tony, and I was watching him on the way to the side line, and did really see him favoring that leg. They may have kept him out just to be safe. We can do that with Moore here.

The Duke
11-22-2008, 09:10 AM
I definitely think Willie should be rested, he wasn't on top form at all yesterday, you can see he is hesitant to attack the line.

Hesitant, maybe a little bit. But I doubt he has time to be hesitant when the defenders come directly to him behind the line :banging:

If the line opened more holes for him he could play fine with his bum shoulder and knee

IamTheSteelGod
11-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Fair enough, but I cetainly noticed a difference when Moore came on the field.

Texasteel
11-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Fair enough, but I cetainly noticed a difference when Moore came on the field.

Moore definitely was a God send, but Its hard to blame Willie when he keeps getting hit by 2 defenders 2 yard deep in the backfield. This line is just to darn inconsistent, and the middle looks the weakest to me.