PDA

View Full Version : Thanks and Goodbye

NYC SteelersFan
11-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Dear Fast Willie,
thanks for your help during the Superbowl season and great job in the Superbowl itself with your record-setting run, now it's time to pack it up and go home for good to make little Fast Willie's and tell them all about dads Superbowl year.

Anyone want to add a p.s. to the letter?

iloveben7
11-20-2008, 11:14 PM
not a p.s. to willie, but one to you-umm you're a jerk

The Duke
11-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Shouldn't this be in the fun house?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Or in the garbage? Willie has beeh hurt... Thats all thats to his lack of production.
Moore has done a great job filling in for him but dont forget that Parker was the leading rusher last year until he got hurt at the end of the season... That has to say something for him

Preacher
11-20-2008, 11:27 PM
:rolleyes:

Here we go again

MACH1
Willie come up gimp on the last play he had. Looked like a hammy or groin.

steelreserve
PS - you can't catch and you're still only 4 feet tall.

kmsteelerwr15
11-20-2008, 11:30 PM
p.s. you're an idiot

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
11-20-2008, 11:36 PM
BE GONE TROLL!!!!!!!!!!

ShutDown24
11-20-2008, 11:41 PM
The guy has been battling injuries... I'm sure you could do a better job at runningback NYC Steeler fan :rolleyes:

X-Terminator
11-20-2008, 11:44 PM
While I won't tell him to start packing his bags, he has been injured for most of the past year. That's something that cannot be overlooked, because if this becomes a trend, then the team has to make a decision. Parker does the team absolutely no good doing his best impersonation of Duce Staley on the sideline.

bradness113
11-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Ps- You are a TWAT

no one likes you.
Go away.

Thanks for showing us how retarded you are.

msafford
11-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Dear Fast Willie,
thanks for your help during the Superbowl season and great job in the Superbowl itself with your record-setting run, now it's time to pack it up and go home for good to make little Fast Willie's and tell them all about dads Superbowl year.

You need to go to bed. You have school tomorrow.

kmsteelerwr15
11-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Ps- You are a TWAT

no one likes you.
Go away.

Thanks for showing us how retarded you are.

haha there you go Brad, ive been waiting for you to come back on the forum :hatsoff:

bradness113
11-21-2008, 12:15 AM
lmao. all these haters...they have no idea. they come on this board and do nothing but prove that they are profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering stupid.

Preacher
11-21-2008, 12:26 AM
While I won't tell him to start packing his bags, he has been injured for most of the past year. That's something that cannot be overlooked, because if this becomes a trend, then the team has to make a decision. Parker does the team absolutely no good doing his best impersonation of Duce Staley on the sideline.

Please tell me you didn't compare him to the swimsuit model :laughing:

SteelersMongol
11-21-2008, 01:02 AM
Dear Fast Willie,

WTF? :wtf:

GridironWarrior
11-21-2008, 01:07 AM
How could anyone want Willie to go? The guy's had a rough year with injuries. He's one of the hardest working players they have. I hope Willie gets well.

Steelman16
11-21-2008, 01:23 AM
How could anyone want Willie to go? The guy's had a rough year with injuries. He's one of the hardest working players they have. I hope Willie gets well.

Totally agree.

If Willie was completely healthy this year, he'd probably be near the leading rusher in the league right now.

Petesburgh66
11-21-2008, 01:26 AM
Ok, raise your hand if you thought this was going to be a Ernster thread before you clicked on the link to read this WTF thread? I know I did.

Steeldude
11-21-2008, 01:31 AM
parker had zero blocking.

it's starts with the O-line, people. no hole means no yards.

tony hipchest
11-21-2008, 01:52 AM
WTF? :wtf:

:iagree:

if ladainian tomlinson played for this team people would be calling for his head.

i think the most realistic steelerfans feel blessed to have moore and russell and eagerly await the return of a healthy return of parker and mendenhall.

:tt02:

the future is so bright.... :cool:

Sharkissle29
11-21-2008, 03:23 AM
parker had zero blocking.

it's starts with the O-line, people. no hole means no yards.

no doubt about it, what an idiot. hope willies ok

NYC SteelersFan
11-21-2008, 03:49 AM
He had 13 carries for 22 yards in the first half and he was just fine injury wise. He's horrible. He's a breakout runningback who only breaks out once a game for 10-20 yards if we're lucky. Usually managing 2 yards or less on the majority of his carries and sticking the team into a 3rd and long where the o-line gives the Berger a good .005 seconds to throw before the blitz ravages the o-line and the Bergers head. Anyone who still isn't on cloud nine from Willie's Superbowl run knows this guy doesn't fit into this teams run style, which is smash mouth up the gut, in your face. Not 30 carries so 1 of them can get broken for 30 yards while the other 29 carries go for 2 yards. Why do you think we don't run the ball anymore and our quarterback has to throw 40 times a game and suffer the consequences of a miserable offensive line who has to deal with defenses that no longer respect the Steelers run game.

Being injured all year is not an excuse, it's a problem. I can name 5 running backs better than Willie Parker who got cut cause they just couldn't stay healthy. This is Football, not baseball, we don't have time for people to "rest" or be hurt for 2-3 months.

TeeJay
11-21-2008, 04:09 AM
It's exactly because he is Willie Parker that the Steelers will take their time. And that's 'Fast' Willie Parker to you! :flap:

I'm guessing you've just been awoken by some magical spell, and missed the last few seasons! :blah:

NYC SteelersFan
11-21-2008, 04:21 AM
2005- 4.7
2006- 4.4
2007- 4.1

I won't even mention this year but there is an obvious trend. And as I said before, these numbers are inflated by that 1 or 2 carries Willie would break for 20-30 yards. But All his other carries for the game are 1-2 yards. Well I rather have a RB that averages 3.5 yards per carry but literally gets 3-4 yards every carry putting our offense in much needed 3rd and short situations as well as giving us a goal line weapon. The Steelers rush scheme has been the second best in football behind the Broncos over the last 10 years. Our rushing offense is not a product of Mr. Parker, Mr. Parker is a product of our rushing offense but unfortunetly that product has expired.

bradness113
11-21-2008, 04:30 AM
ill tell u whats obvious...

YOU'RE A profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterKING RETARD.
Now go away.
For the last time.

Rick5895
11-21-2008, 04:38 AM
P.S Injuries and bizarre play selection have kept Willie down, Yankee fans are all the same>

Preacher
11-21-2008, 04:46 AM
HAnyone who still isn't on cloud nine from Willie's Superbowl run knows this guy doesn't fit into this teams run style, which is smash mouth up the gut, in your face. Not 30 carries so 1 of them can get broken for 30 yards while the other 29 carries go for 2 yards. Why do you think we don't run the ball anymore and our quarterback has to throw 40 times a game .

1. Anyone who has actually watch the Steelers over the last 4 years have seen an evolution into a balanced, 1 back system. Your days of I formation 3 yards and a cloud of mediocrity is over. A more wide open offense is what the Steelers play now, like it or not. And that wasn't because of Willie. That was because of Ben, Ward, Santo (Randle El before him), Heath, etc.

2. We don't run the ball anymore BECAUSE OUR O LINE CANT BLOCK. And by the way, we DO run the ball, quite a bit. Or has Willie going over 1000 yards the last couple years been overlooked?

3. Our QB throws 40 times a game BECAUSE THAT IS HOW WE GAME PLAN NOW. That is what happens when you have a FRANCHISE QB.

TeeJay
11-21-2008, 05:35 AM
Or has Willie going over 1000 yards the last couple years been overlooked?

I'm guessing, but don't quote me on this :wink02:, that may have been overlooked. :popcorn:

NYC would'ave probably been calling for The Bus to have been cut in '04! :coffee:

bozz723
11-21-2008, 06:01 AM
Even though I don't agree with the Op fully(obviously), he makes a slim point. It is time to start thinking of life without Willy.

He is a good back, but is consistently injured, and will continue to be so. Sure he is a great guy, but let's be realistic here - he is not the future running game for the Steelers.

I'm happy Mendenhall and Russel are here that is for sure, our running game without Parker looks to be in GREAT shape.

DACEB
11-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Ever think that the crappy turf has anything to do with the fact our scat back is having problems?

Let's not overreact, the only problem I have is the RB rotation. FWP had shotty blocking, but he was also dancing alot behind the line. That could have been the footing also. Nevertheless, give Russell, who has been running well downhill, a few opportunities while spelling FWP.

A healthy FWP would look REAL GOOD on a fast Superbowl carpet.

X-Terminator
11-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Ever think that the crappy turf has anything to do with the fact our scat back is having problems?

Let's not overreact, the only problem I have is the RB rotation. FWP had shotty blocking, but he was also dancing alot behind the line. That could have been the footing also. Nevertheless, give Russell, who has been running well downhill, a few opportunities while spelling FWP.

No question about it. If the Rooney family finally decide to ditch the grass for some kind of artificial surface, FWP would be a friggin monster. Alas, I think he will be wearing another team's uniform or retired before that happens. I also would like to see more of a rotation with Moore and Russell spelling FWP, which would keep him fresher and less prone to injuries.

Willie Parker doesn't suck. He's not horrible. The reason he takes so much flak from many fans is because he's not a Jerome Bettis, 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust RB, even though he has consistently gotten the job done before his recent injury problems. Steelers fans are in love with the big, slow, lumbering RB, and they always will be. Guys like FWP will never be fully appreciated or accepted here.

He does need to find a way to stay healthy, though.

fansince'76
11-21-2008, 09:18 AM

Yep. It was fairly obvious he couldn't make his cuts last night due to the field conditions.

revefsreleets
11-21-2008, 10:25 AM
This new NYC poster is comedy gold. If he knew anything about football, it just wouldn't be the same...

The_WARDen
11-21-2008, 10:30 AM

that doesn't bode well in Pittsburgh then since Heinz field and crappy turf are synonomous come late November.

MJ5150
11-21-2008, 11:18 AM
I understand the frustrations with Willie, but I still like him on our team. I'll cut Willie some slack because of the injuries, and he is probably coming back a little too early which seems to be an ongoing theme with hurt players on this team.

But anyway......when we don't have the personell for up the gut running play after play after play, it's time to evolve and use the players we have. Just about every week, Coach makes a comment about putting players in a position to win. Handing the ball to Willie and telling him to run up the middle over and over is setting the guy up for failure.

-Mike

steelpride12
11-21-2008, 11:39 AM
You go out and play football against an NFL team. Injuries are a part of the game and Willie has been playing injured the last several weeks.

We win and the trolls still come out of the woodwork.

steelreserve
11-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Willie Parker doesn't suck. He's not horrible. The reason he takes so much flak from many fans is because he's not a Jerome Bettis, 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust RB, even though he has consistently gotten the job done before his recent injury problems. Steelers fans are in love with the big, slow, lumbering RB, and they always will be. Guys like FWP will never be fully appreciated or accepted here.

Uhhh ... that's not it. It's more like Steelers fans are out of love with running backs who don't see a hole and then stop in the backfield, do a sorry attempt at a fake that's more like jogging in place, and then fall sideways into the pile hoping to maybe get back to the line of scrimmage. I saw enough of that crap in the days of Walter Abercrombie. Sure, Parker can take advantage of it when we open up holes for him, but then again, so can any other back in the NFL. And some of them can catch, too.

And maybe we've got different ideas of what "consistent" means. To me, consistent does not mean gaining 1,000 yards every season but the yardage in your game log reads 140-150-29-100-40-31-125-125-39. Consistent means finding a way to make a solid contribution in every game, and Parker just doesn't do that.

Stlrs4Life
11-21-2008, 11:59 AM

Exactly, I'm not saying he's not a good RB, just think he is obviously injury prone.

Hines4ever
11-21-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm guessing, but don't quote me on this :wink02:, that may have been overlooked. :popcorn:

NYC would'ave probably been calling for The Bus to have been cut in '04! :coffee:

Now THAT is SACRILEGE!!!!!! ....Then again so is saying goodbye to Wille....There, NYC.....that's my PS!!!! :flap:

X-Terminator
11-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Uhhh ... that's not it. It's more like Steelers fans are out of love with running backs who don't see a hole and then stop in the backfield, do a sorry attempt at a fake that's more like jogging in place, and then fall sideways into the pile hoping to maybe get back to the line of scrimmage. I saw enough of that crap in the days of Walter Abercrombie. Sure, Parker can take advantage of it when we open up holes for him, but then again, so can any other back in the NFL. And some of them can catch, too.

And maybe we've got different ideas of what "consistent" means. To me, consistent does not mean gaining 1,000 yards every season but the yardage in your game log reads 140-150-29-100-40-31-125-125-39. Consistent means finding a way to make a solid contribution in every game, and Parker just doesn't do that.

My definition of "consistent" isn't much different than yours, actually. We actually agree more than we disagree about Parker and his shortcomings. When Parker is in the game, we gain speed but we lose power and pass-catching ability. With MeMo, we lose the speed but gain a legitimate pass-receiving threat. My ideal RB is someone who has all 3 qualities - power, speed and pass-catching ability. Whether Mendenhall will be that guy remains to be seen. I just won't join the growing call for Parker to be banished completely from the team, as you seemingly would like to do. It's not like he brings nothing to the table - he clearly does.

DACEB
11-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Is it just me, or are we bringing guys back maybe a little too early in some cases. Ben probably should have sat one week (against Colts, IMO). FWP should probably have sat this game out with a big game, against a hated rival, on a fast track in Foxboro coming up with the Pats. I would have probably still sat Miller this past game also. There's a bigger picture here, that sometimes is overlooked. That adage applies with FWP and the nagging injuries he's had this season. And for the record, I'll go with 'nagging injuries' and not 'injury prone'.

NYC SteelersFan
11-21-2008, 02:01 PM
[/I][/B]

Now THAT is SACRILEGE!!!!!! ....Then again so is saying goodbye to Wille....There, NYC.....that's my PS!!!! :flap:

Mentioning Parker and The Bus in the same sentence is sacrilege and complete blasphemy. Going over 1000 yards is well over-rated. Want me to name al the no-name, 1-year wonders who went over 1000 yards witht he Denver Broncos. The steelers rush needs consistency, not in yearly stats but on a game to game basis. Getting 1-2 yards 99% of the time and breaking 1 or 2 a game for 10-20 yards is not consistent nor balanced and it hurts this team. And once again, having an "injury bug" is a good term to describe baseball players who have the luxary of guarunteed contracts and play 162 games, half of which are meaningless. If you have an injury bug in football then you're cut and replaced by the next guy who isn't affected by the "injury bug". It's nice to see there are some unbiased fans on here who don't have a problem calling out players for what and who they are. I'm a fan of the Steelers not individual players. I can careless if we win with leftwich or the Berger, Parker or Moore or Polamalu or some other safety. Okay I'm lying on the last one, Polamalu is a $*&%ing WARRIOR!

fansince'76
11-21-2008, 02:10 PM
If you have an injury bug in football then you're cut and replaced by the next guy who isn't affected by the "injury bug".

Well, I guess the Chargers should cut LT, then? He's been banged up a lot this year and Willie had more 100-yard games than he did last year.

tyler289
11-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Injury or not, the explosiveness just isn't there. On his big run last night he looked extremely slow (by his standards). I just don't see his big-play potential behind this line.

If he's hurt, IR him. Russell and Moore can handle it. Moore can catch just fine and Russell is better than Willie in short-yardage anyways.

Personally, I see Mendenhall replacing him in 2-3 years regardless. I love Willie and hope he returns next year, but this year he needs to go on IR if his hamstring or groin is holding him back.

NYC SteelersFan
11-21-2008, 02:14 PM
1. Anyone who has actually watch the Steelers over the last 4 years have seen an evolution into a balanced, 1 back system. Your days of I formation 3 yards and a cloud of mediocrity is over. A more wide open offense is what the Steelers play now, like it or not. And that wasn't because of Willie. That was because of Ben, Ward, Santo (Randle El before him), Heath, etc.

2. We don't run the ball anymore BECAUSE OUR O LINE CANT BLOCK. And by the way, we DO run the ball, quite a bit. Or has Willie going over 1000 yards the last couple years been overlooked?

3. Our QB throws 40 times a game BECAUSE THAT IS HOW WE GAME PLAN NOW. That is what happens when you have a FRANCHISE QB.

1. It was a cloud of dirt in the defensive linemen's face as I recall not mediocrity. The Berger, Ward and Holmes (Randle El) and Heath do not equate to an aerial attack offense.

2. I'll give you that much but a good big runningback would make more out of what he gets then Parker. If we ran the ball quite a bit we wouldn't be ranked 23rd in rushing offense which is pitiful for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Reuben Droughns went over a 1000 yards twice also and Tatum Bell was 79 yards shy of doing it 2 years in a row also, it's an over-rated stat in judging a runningbacks personal ability.

3. We game plan like that because we can't run the football right now. We don't do it just because we paid The Berger 100 million so now we want him to have pretty and flashy stats to match so ESPN can talk about him like Manning and Brady.

NYC SteelersFan
11-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Well, I guess the Chargers should cut LT, then? He's been banged up a lot this year and Willie had more 100-yard games than he did last year.

lol..this is the NFL (Not For Long) Let Tomlinson continue this for the rest of the year and all of next year and watch him get thrown out with the Chargers trash just like Shaun Alexander got thrown out with the Seahawks trash. Regardless, comparing Willie Parker to LT is pretty ridiculous, still not as bad as the guy who compared Parker to The Bus.

fansince'76
11-21-2008, 02:21 PM
lol..this is the NFL (Not For Long) Let Tomlinson continue this for the rest of the year and all of next year and watch him get thrown out with the Chargers trash just like Shaun Alexander got thrown out with the Seahawks trash. Regardless, comparing Willie Parker to LT is pretty ridiculous, still not as bad who compared Parker to The Bus.

The Bus was pretty much past his prime by 2002. Did you want him gone then?

fansince'76
11-21-2008, 02:23 PM
....Regardless, comparing Willie Parker to LT is pretty ridiculous, still not as bad as the guy who compared Parker to The Bus.

Why's it a ridiculous comparison? Willie had more 100-yard rushing games last year, FACT, which according to you, is a better barometer of week-to-week consistency. And LT has been banged up and for the most part ineffective this year.

NYC SteelersFan
11-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Considering he's a first ballot HOF'er. Passed the Bus' prime was still equivalent to the average NFL runningback at that time. He was still plenty productive and still fit into the offense, he just needed to split carries a bit more. He never averaged less than 3 yards per carry and he remained a goal line force that defenses feared. And they were consistent 3 yards per carry. The Bus was extraordinary in his prime and very good passed his prime. Willie Parker was just good in his prime and now is below average passed his prime. These 2 runningbacks should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

NYC SteelersFan
11-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Why's it a ridiculous comparison? Willie had more 100-yard rushing games last year, FACT, which according to you, is a better barometer of week-to-week consistency. And LT has been banged up and for the most part ineffective this year.

Sir, why would you even try to argue this? You know damn well that LT is/was twice the runningback that Willie Parker is/was. I will not even attempt to argue this.

steelreserve
11-21-2008, 02:55 PM
My definition of "consistent" isn't much different than yours, actually. We actually agree more than we disagree about Parker and his shortcomings. When Parker is in the game, we gain speed but we lose power and pass-catching ability. With MeMo, we lose the speed but gain a legitimate pass-receiving threat. My ideal RB is someone who has all 3 qualities - power, speed and pass-catching ability. Whether Mendenhall will be that guy remains to be seen. I just won't join the growing call for Parker to be banished completely from the team, as you seemingly would like to do. It's not like he brings nothing to the table - he clearly does.

Yeah, that's mostly right. A lot of it isn't Parker himself, so much as the way we use him. He's not an all-situation back, but a lot of people (including fans and too often, the coaching staff) seem to stubbornly insist that he is, and that's when it hurts our offense. I was really happy with how we used everyone in the San Diego game -- it seemed like we'd finally figured out that yes, it does help to have the right people on the field for the right situation. But against the Bengals, we started to regress back to the Parker-or-nothing mentality more than a little bit, and it stung us.

On the other hand, I do still think speed is an overrated skill in a running back. It doesn't matter whether you have 4.3 speed or 4.6 speed -- if you're not in the open field, it doesn't matter. I don't even think Parker has any advantage over most backs in breaking runs to the outside -- it doesn't matter if you're Usain Bolt, you can't just outrun the OLBs and safeties to the sideline. Just because of where everyone lines up, you're guaranteed to have 2 or 3 guys with an angle on you that takes speed out of the equation -- this is a fixed certainty that no one can do anything about. So either the blocking is good enough to spring you to the outside or it isn't. And if it isn't, you're stuck with just your power or your moves.

That's where I think Parker falls short. I don't see him make people miss much more than average, and he's definitely no good at running over people and breaking tackles. So when he's in the game, his success or failure seems to be amplified a lot more than normal by whether the line's playing well. A lot of other backs have more weapons to help fight out a couple more yards when the blocking's average, is what I'm trying to say.

fansince'76
11-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Sir, why would you even try to argue this? You know damn well that LT is/was twice the runningback that Willie Parker is/was. I will not even attempt to argue this.

Never said he was, I was simply stating the facts that #1, Parker had more 100-yard games than LT last year and #2, that LT has been banged up and for the most part ineffective this year. So I assume that LT will be cut by the Chargers soon using your criteria of getting rid of players that can't stay healthy.

NYC SteelersFan
11-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Never said he was, I was simply stating the facts that #1, Parker had more 100-yard games than LT last year and #2, that LT has been banged up and for the most part ineffective this year. So I assume that LT will be cut by the Chargers soon using your criteria of getting rid of players that can't stay healthy.

The difference is that LT has had 135 TD's in 7 1/2 seasons and Parker has had 27 TD's in 4 1/2 seasons. When your RB score that high of a percentage of your total offense, it hurts a bit more to cut him after one bad year. Parker has always been inconsistent and is not the driving force behind our offense. REGARDLESS of those facts, even LT, if he does this the rest of this year and all of next year, even the Chargers will think about going in a different direction.

That's where I think Parker falls short. I don't see him make people miss much more than average, and he's definitely no good at running over people and breaking tackles. So when he's in the game, his success or failure seems to be amplified a lot more than normal by whether the line's playing well. A lot of other backs have more weapons to help fight out a couple more yards when the blocking's average, is what I'm trying to say.

Well said.