PDA

View Full Version : 2 Weeks 0 sacks

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-20-2008, 10:28 PM
The dead horse might be kicking still stop beating him....

2 weeks and ben doesnt hit the ground:tt02::tt02:

iloveben7
11-20-2008, 10:32 PM
And he threw for a TD and ran for one

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
11-20-2008, 10:33 PM
yeah, two weeks of no sacks makes up for 11 weeks and 30+ sacks

Preacher
11-20-2008, 10:36 PM
The BIGGEST plus of all this...

He gets 10 days to heal, after 2 weeks of not being put on the ground.

I think he comes back STRONG for the end of the year, with a healthy team.

this may look like a GOOD run for us.

stillers4me
11-20-2008, 10:39 PM

:drink:

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
11-20-2008, 10:41 PM

Ive been telling my friends that all year... the steelers are coming on HOT in the post season.

speak the truth preacher

iloveben7
11-20-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm so excited to see what how the rest of the season unfolds for us!! I'm hoping for at least 2 home playoff games because I'll be there!! (I know looking too far ahead lol)

TeeJay
11-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Damn.......we've got got an awesome O-Line! :wink02::thumbsup:

Seriously........3 defeats, all really avoidable (ok maybe the Eagles wasn't)........but for a patched up O-Line............they're doing pretty good. There are plenty of teams who'd sell their own Mothers for 8-3 right now!

2 weeks, no sacks, no INTS, and 4-0 in the Division just sounds nice right now! :tt03:

steelreserve
11-20-2008, 10:49 PM
The line's been doing better at protecting him, but maybe part of this is that Ben has finally gotten his shit together as well? Seems like the last two weeks he's been throwing a lot more smart passes and a lot less stupid ones.

Meaning, Ben seems to be getting rid of the ball quickly for 8 yards or 10 yards a lot more often, and when he scrambles, he doesn't try to throw the ball 40 yards down the field every time.

randy06
11-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Man, 10 days sounds awesome, and i just hope and pray we beat the Pats , man o man thats what i want more than anything.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-20-2008, 10:52 PM

:rofl:

Amazing what a win does huh?

Preacher
11-20-2008, 10:54 PM

Seriously........3 defeats, all really avoidable (ok maybe the Eagles wasn't)........but for a patched up O-Line............they're doing pretty good. There are plenty of teams who'd sell their own Mothers for 8-3 right now!

2 weeks, no sacks, no INTS, and 4-0 in the Division just sounds nice right now! :tt03:

The Eagle defeat was completely avoidable.

And all three defeats, well, two of the three, fall DIRECTLY on the O line.

Steelman16
11-20-2008, 10:58 PM
:rofl:

Amazing what a win does huh?

Covers a multitude of sins. :sofunny:

iloveben7
11-20-2008, 11:19 PM
I love how when we lose Ben gets all the blame and then when we win he hardly gets any credit. I guess it's the nature of being a QB.

Preacher
11-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Not from me.

Ben did a good job. A VERY good job.

He looked like his old self again.

iloveben7
11-20-2008, 11:28 PM
^i know I wasn't talking about you

Havik
11-20-2008, 11:42 PM
The dead horse might be kicking still stop beating him....

2 weeks and ben doesnt hit the ground:tt02::tt02:

The Chargers were without Shawne Merriman, and if he were healthy and playing I'm sure it would be a different story. The Bungles have no pass rush whatsoever. So the Steelers haven't allowed any sacks in 2 weeks against teams with no pass rush? That still doesn't change the fact that teams like the Eagles, Giants, and Ravens were easily able to throw Ben around like a rag doll.

Rhee Rhee
11-21-2008, 12:33 AM

yep i agree totally... aside from willie being hurt (i think he should rest for a bit)

on a side note, let's not get ahead of ourselves... 4 more TOUGH games to go (im thinkin tomlin sits everyone against the browns if we clinch a bye) and thats still enough for us to finish 8-8 or 9-7... lot of football left to be played so let's take it a week at a time...

great game! :tt02:

TeeJay
11-21-2008, 12:44 AM
I love how when we lose Ben gets all the blame and then when we win he hardly gets any credit. I guess it's the nature of being a QB.

Dang...I hope I wasn't slagging off ole Big Ben....I love the hourly chimes he makes!
For me, the O-Line and QB come as a package (like Gin and Tonic), you can't have one without the other, so the failure of one reflects on the other, and vice versa.

(Although saying that, I still do believe Ben has tried too hard on occasions to win games on his own, instead of playing 'percentage' football). But maybe that's that's just me....I'm English for f**ks sake.....what would I know? :noidea:....and just what the heck is percentage football these days?

I digress......but take it from the English perspective. Everyone assumes Big Ben (the real one in London) is the Tower. No..no....no... wrong. Big Ben is the Bell within the Tower. The Tower is namless, but if you want, you can call it Nigel!...or The O line! .....But everyone see's it, as it's the most famous landmark in London, after Saint Paul's, and everyone says, "Ohh, Big Ben".

So, Big Ben is the QB, and the Clock Tower, or Nigel as we've ascertained, is the O-Line. Either way, one can't work without the other. Ben won't chime if the Tower isn't there to hold him up, and the Tower is pretty much useless, without Ben inside calling out the quarterly chimes...which he does very accurately (Think he's only missed twice since he's been playing for London!!:wink02:.....and one of them was for cleaning!!)

So there you go...hope that's cleared everything up! :doh::thumbsup::wink02::laughing:

It's now very early over here, and I've yet to get some sleep!! Stupid time zones....and I'm out of coffee.........

jjpro11
11-21-2008, 12:51 AM
where the hell did this stat come from? ben was sacked 4 times vs the chargers.

X-Terminator
11-21-2008, 07:07 AM

Correct, of course, but shame on you for ruining everyone's fun! :flap:

revefsreleets
11-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Hmmmm...the line did it's job and protected Ben, and people are still bitching. Yeesh...

The_WARDen
11-21-2008, 09:32 AM
0 sacks and 0 INTs...coincidence?
:noidea:

TackleMeBen
11-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Anytime Ben doesn't hit the ground, is a step in the right direction.
you are absolutely right.. maybe ben got tired of eating all that turf and laid into the Oline that they need to do a better job of blocking or they wont be allowed over to play poker on Monday nights...lol

steelpride12
11-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Ben was sacked during the Chargers game, but for sure none this week is a plus. 10 days now for Ben and the whole team to heal up.

jjpro11
11-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Hmmmm...the line did it's job and protected Ben, and people are still bitching. Yeesh...

im not bitching.. the line has steadily improved since the beginning of the season and ben has done a complete 180 in terms of picking up blitzes. but he was sacked in the chargers game.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-21-2008, 06:29 PM

Maybe i heard wrong... They may have said two games against the bengals and no sacs???

Either way.... No sacs.... that is big for Ben right now to have 10 more days before the possibility of another one

jjpro11
11-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Maybe i heard wrong... They may have said two games against the bengals and no sacs???

Either way.... No sacs.... that is big for Ben right now to have 10 more days before the possibility of another one

that is correct.. i think some of us just misunderstood the title of the thread.