PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on bungles game (and Polamalu)

tony hipchest
11-21-2008, 12:44 AM
1) SWEEEEEED!!!!!! (not built to be a special teamer, but i kinda appreciate the effort)
2) james harrison is absolutely dominant. i think he was kinda sheilded from putting too much on film for the patriots to study. it seems that lebeau kinda spoonfeeds his players sack opportunities when he see's fit. if it was "fit" james probably coulda had 4-5. the steelers are never about padding individual players stats.
3) that being said about james, is there any more of a dominant defensive player in the league than troy? i know many will say bob sanders, or albert haynesworth or even joey or james. but NOBODY plays defense with more wreckless abandon than troy.
half the time i think hes gonna kill himself. the other half i fear for the opponents player. i need to appreciate him more and recognize i may be watching the best strong safety ever.
4) farrior had an interception.
5) holmes was knocked the f--- out! if a steeler layed that helmet to helmet hit on an opponent a definite fine would follow.
6) ben was throwing lazers with zip. he was throwing a hard ball. holmes showed hands of glue.
7) ward left his feet and dropped an easy one. he mightve been looking for style points on that one, but i do buy a snowflake possibly falling in his eye. he usually doesnt drop those.
8) gary russell- WOW! nice on returns! showing much power and drive. im sure glad we didnt lose him and he makes cutting dookie look insignificant.
9) keyron fox and anthony madison- these are 2 hella special teamers. (along with everyone else). we absolutely HAMMER people when we kick off or punt. this (along with getting to the qb) is the most improved aspect of our team.
10) casey hampton- has he gotten bigger? holy shit, he is HUGE and quite effective.
11) aaron smith- what does it take to get him a trip to hawaii?
12) ike taylor- what does it take to get him a trip to hawaii?
13) big ben- the ultimate teammate. i love seeing him congratulate the defense after a great series, and lend support to rookie sweed after a sub-par play. especially love seeing him their by keisels side (his best friend on the team) when being examined on the sidelines.
14) only 9 points allowed in the 3rd quarter ALL season. what a discusting stat!
15) 2 huge runs/scrambles by ben. dare i say he looks "healthy"? if ben doesnt throw 3+ int's or take 6+ sacks we will win every game with this current squad.
16) we have alot of players who need a pay raise. heath miller and james harrison are 2 of the biggest (not to mention kemoeatu and mcfadden). this will be an extremely expensive group to keep together.

lets enjoy it while it lasts and hope they maximixe on all this talent. :drink:

:tt02::tt02::tt02:

17) this game and this short break came at the absolute most perfect time. heal up and prepare to DESTROY the patriots. i want the patriots to miss the playoffs by 1 loss and i want this game to be the 1 loss that counts.

BozMan
11-21-2008, 12:57 AM
Re: #9 - LaMarr Woodley is also a beast on special teams. I remember one time when the Bengals were punting, Woodley almost pushed the Bengal blocker right into the punter!

Re: #11 - Aaron Smith is the unsung hero of this D.

i want the patriots to miss the playoffs by 1 loss and i want this game to be the 1 loss that counts

:rofl: I like the sound of that.

SteelersMongol
11-21-2008, 12:58 AM
... 5) holmes was knocked the f--- out! if a steeler layed that helmet to helmet hit on an opponent a definite fine would follow...

10) casey hampton- has he gotten bigger? holy shit, he is HUGE and quite effective...

12) ike taylor- what does it take to get him a trip to hawaii?...

17) this game and this short break came at the absolute most perfect time. heal up and prepare to DESTROY the patriots. i want the patriots to miss the playoffs by 1 loss and i want this game to be the 1 loss that counts.

5) I agree. But we all know they're not gonna "mess with" the Bunghole players. They're nasty. Just check the police records. :chuckle:

10) Oh man, he did look HUGE.

12) Very good question. Maybe V all need 2 vote 4 the guy like billion times on NFL.COM.

17) I would take any victory over the Cheating f*gg*ts. Cuz they deserve any shameful lose comes over their way. :sign11:

Steelman16
Great post.

AMEN! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
5) holmes was knocked the f--- out! if a steeler layed that helmet to helmet hit on an opponent a definite fine would follow.

This was a legal hit. Body hit first, helmet was just a follow through. It was a helluva good hit, just like we play. We should be congratulating him on a great physical play.

So many guys are complaining, you sound like Bungles fans! :coffee:

The Duke
11-21-2008, 01:02 AM
It's the small contributors there that most impress me

Fox, Madison, Russell. this guys take their roles and execute perfectly

And yes, Ike deserves a pro bowl. Other than asomugha I can't think of a better corner. MAYBE bailey

tony hipchest
11-21-2008, 01:06 AM
This was a legal hit. Body hit first, helmet was just a follow through. It was a helluva good hit, just like we play. We should be congratulating him on a great physical play.

So many guys are complaining, you sound like Bungles fans! :coffee:sorry to rip on you, newb....

but i already applauded the hit. just stating a fact that a steeler player could be expecting a fine for the same thing (right or wrong).

you can go bark up another tree or chose to not try and mark your spot on this one.

:coffee:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-21-2008, 01:14 AM
sorry to rip on you, newb....

but i already applauded the hit. just stating a fact that a steeler player could be expecting a fine for the same thing (right or wrong).

you can go bark up another tree or chose to not try and mark your spot on this one.

:coffee:
:yap:
Are you this much of an asshole to everyone, or is it my lucky day?

Anyway, by the way you worded your post it sounded as if you were complaining that it was a "helmet to helmet" hit, which it wasn't. Sorry if I misunderstood, but just because you have a higher post count than me doesn't give you the right to be a douche bag :flipoff:

Leftoverhard
11-21-2008, 01:18 AM
I agree with your entire list. Great thoughts on Troy - I loved his cattle rustling take downs tonight. Unusually rad.
We should definately feel lucky to have this group.
lol @ newb

Steelman16
11-21-2008, 01:18 AM

Anyway, by the way you worded your post it sounded as if you were complaining that it was a "helmet to helmet" hit, which it wasn't. Sorry if I misunderstood, but just because you have a higher post count than me doesn't give you the right to be a douche bag :flipoff:

No, he's not. (that's all I'll say though. :sofunny: )

So many guys are complaining, you sound like Bungles fans!

That's considered a high-class insult around these parts. Kinda asked for it.

But anyway, moving right along.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-21-2008, 01:22 AM
It isn't an insult if it is true.

Considering Pdiddy whatever his name is was complaining about Ward's hit on Rivers in a previous thread, and Steelers fans are complaining about a very similar hit to Holmes...I would say it is very accurate.:noidea:

tony hipchest
11-21-2008, 01:37 AM

:laughing:....:popcorn:

ok sappling..... it seems you wanna piss on redwood. :monkey:

"lucky day" i guess :noidea:

what part about this "post" do you not understand, because i'd be more than happy to clarify....

did you not hear the audio???

cause thats one of the loudest helmet-to-helmet "clacks" i can recall hearing in a LONG time.

im pretty much against the pussified league the NFL has been pushing/promoting (as i am sure most steelerfans are).

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-21-2008, 01:53 AM
:laughing:....:popcorn:

ok sappling..... it seems you wanna piss on redwood. :monkey:

"lucky day" i guess :noidea:

what part about this "post" do you not understand, because i'd be more than happy to clarify....

did you not hear the audio???

cause thats one of the loudest helmet-to-helmet "clacks" i can recall hearing in a LONG time.

im pretty much against the pussified league the NFL has been pushing/promoting (as i am sure most steelerfans are).

I will have to see the video again, but you have clacks on all good hits. Hell, shoulder pads sound like a thunder clap on a good hit. I am not saying their helmets didn't hit, I am saying it is a legal hit because his shoulder/body hit first...just like Ward.

I apologize for pissing on your e-Ego, but I don't really give a shit how many posts I have or how much of a "newb" I am. I have life outside of internet forums and couldn't really give two shits about how e-Popular or e-Cool I am :coffee:

Off the record, I love pissing on redwoods...:applaudit:

tony hipchest
11-21-2008, 02:20 AM
:rolleyes:I will have to see the video again, but you have clacks on all good hits. Hell, shoulder pads sound like a thunder clap on a good hit. I am not saying their helmets didn't hit, I am saying it is a legal hit because his shoulder/body hit first...just like Ward.

:

Anyway, by the way you worded your post it sounded as if you were complaining that it was a "helmet to helmet" hit, which it wasn't.

so what exactly what are you trying to say mr. "not trying to be cool guy"?

you obviously need a "booth" for further review.

nobody is saying it was cheap or illegal. quit grasping at straws or trying to read more into it. :thumbsup:

...& always important to remember, redwoods live longer than "dogs". :drink:

augustashark
11-21-2008, 03:06 AM
For the record, it was not a helmet to helmet hit.

brick
11-21-2008, 03:26 AM
troy brings a dynamic to the defense that you don't see too often. he's insanely athletic and he reads the game as well as anyone out there. if the ball gets to the secondary, if he doesn't make the tackle he's usually the second to the ball, and he seems to be all over the place causing other teams problems. just an awesome player, and he put in another great game tonight.

anyone catch that nfl.com report about his new unorthodox training regime that he did preseason in cali? pretty cool stuff.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-21-2008, 04:30 AM
:rolleyes:

so what exactly what are you trying to say mr. "not trying to be cool guy"?

you obviously need a "booth" for further review.

nobody is saying it was cheap or illegal. quit grasping at straws or trying to read more into it. :thumbsup:

...& always important to remember, redwoods live longer than "dogs". :drink:

Me grasping at straws? Right...

A "Helmet to Helmet" hit is when a player leads with his head, not when a tackle is made and the helmets happen to bang together.

You implied it was cheap/illegal when you said "if a steeler layed that helmet to helmet hit on an opponent a definite fine would follow. " Which specifically states that it was a "helmet to helmet" hit, which is illegal. :thumbsup:

Redwoods may live longer than dogs, but they are cut down to make decks and pick-nick tables that dogs piss on :thumbsup:

Like I said I don't know if you: have a personal vendetta against me for God knows why, you are "trolling" me and just trying to get a rise out of me, or if you are an asshole to everyone, but it is extremely childish.

stillers4me
11-21-2008, 06:38 AM
anyone catch that nfl.com report about his new unorthodox training regime that he did preseason in cali? pretty cool stuff.

Not new for Troy. He did train differently for a year or so and ended up hurt all season.............so he went back to his old regime. Which is the one he does in California.

And did you see the way Ben was right there when Tone got hit? The man plays through extreme pain, but yet is right there when one of his buddies goes down. You're a good man, Big Ben.

touchdownward
11-21-2008, 08:16 AM
Not new for Troy. He did train differently for a year or so and ended up hurt all season.............so he went back to his old regime. Which is the one he does in California.

And did you see the way Ben was right there when Tone got hit? The man plays through extreme pain, but yet is right there when one of his buddies goes down. You're a good man, Big Ben.
I saw that and I also saw him over there talking to Keisel when he was being attended to on the sideline.
Ben's definitely a great teamate and leader.

X-Terminator
11-21-2008, 08:48 AM
A "Helmet to Helmet" hit is when a player leads with his head, not when a tackle is made and the helmets happen to bang together.

You implied it was cheap/illegal when you said "if a steeler layed that helmet to helmet hit on an opponent a definite fine would follow. " Which specifically states that it was a "helmet to helmet" hit, which is illegal. :thumbsup:

Let's just put it this way: if Crocker doesn't get fined for that hit, then it will convince me that the league has it in for the Steelers. Because I guarantee you if a Steeler makes the same hit, Good Deal would fine him so fast that his secretary would strain her fingers from typing the letter.

EDIT: And as for Troy...he's not having a bad season for someone that so many people thought was "done" and that "his best years were behind him." :chuckle: Yeah, I think he's put those two thoughts to rest once and for all.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-21-2008, 11:43 AM

Crocker lead with the shoulder and hit helmet to helmet in the follow thru. I instantly thought that if that was Ryan Clark on Housyourmama that there would be a fine.

It was a clean, hard hit and part of the game of football, but if you look back to when Clark got fined $7500 for hitting the Jags Matt Jones, it wasnt as bad. Crocker shouldnt get fined, but if the NFL wants to be consistent, he will at least get what Clark got.

BTW, Hipcrest isnt normally an A-hole to posters. I think you are getting a bit wound up and he is just enjoying the verbal sparring. :duel:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-21-2008, 11:45 AM
I saw that and I also saw him over there talking to Keisel when he was being attended to on the sideline.
Ben's definitely a great teamate and leader.

Yeah, Ben is a great leader, but I bet he felt bad for hanging Santonio out to dry like that. I too saw the Keisel thing and that is expected as Keisel is his best friend on the team and was/is his roomate on the road.

fansince'76
11-21-2008, 11:45 AM

Actually, I think it was being implied that if it was a Steelers player laying a hit like that, he would probably be fined by Goodell despite the hit being clean, since our players ARE being unfairly targeted, IMO, by the commissioner when it comes to fines this year. I don't think it was implied that the hit itself was dirty, just that the commissioner is a douche and is completely arbitrary and unfair when it comes to fining players.

steelpride12
11-21-2008, 11:47 AM
First off Farrior did not get credit for the INT. He dropped it afterwords and they ruled it an incomplete pass.

That was Steeler football last night and everyone is stepping in to make plays and help the team out when their down.

Troy is Troy. Not surprised by his play last night he came in and made the first stuff on the first play and tried returning his INT for a TD at the end of the game and was pretty close to breaking after picking it off at the one.

steelreserve
11-21-2008, 12:08 PM

Screw that. I want them to go 6-10, and Randy Moss to cry his way out of the league.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-21-2008, 12:09 PM
First off Farrior did not get credit for the INT. He dropped it afterwords and they ruled it an incomplete pass.

That was Steeler football last night and everyone is stepping in to make plays and help the team out when their down.

Troy is Troy. Not surprised by his play last night he came in and made the first stuff on the first play and tried returning his INT for a TD at the end of the game and was pretty close to breaking after picking it off at the one.

Farrior never had control of that and it wasnt an INT. It was Steeler football and there are no easy teams in the NFL, but ...........it was the one win Bengals.

Potsie and Troy both had big games and Aaron Smith was unsung as usual. The fact that the O line couldnt really grind down the Bengals D line is still a cause for concern. Peko pancaked Stapleton 3 minutes into the 2nd half.........it was embarrasing to watch!!!

tony hipchest
11-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Actually, I think it was being implied that if it was a Steelers player laying a hit like that, he would probably be fined by Goodell despite the hit being clean, since our players ARE being unfairly targeted, IMO, by the commissioner when it comes to fines this year. I don't think it was implied that the hit itself was dirty, just that the commissioner is a douche and is completely arbitrary and unfair when it comes to fining players.

:drink: exactly.

Crocker lead with the shoulder and hit helmet to helmet in the follow thru. I instantly thought that if that was Ryan Clark on Housyourmama that there would be a fine.

It was a clean, hard hit and part of the game of football, but if you look back to when Clark got fined $7500 for hitting the Jags Matt Jones, it wasnt as bad. Crocker shouldnt get fined, but if the NFL wants to be consistent, he will at least get what Clark got.

BTW, Hipcrest isnt normally an A-hole to posters. I think you are getting a bit wound up and he is just enjoying the verbal sparring. :duel::drink: exactly. glad some people get it. the clark hit on jones was the one i was thinking of.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold, the idea that im trolling you in the congratulatory thread i started celebrating a steelers win, is completely absurd, ESPECIALLY when newb comes in comparing me to a bungles fan.

damn skippy im gonna be an asshole. :thumbsup:

i forgot to emphasize one...

17) the stat they threw up that the steelers have only allowed 9 points in the third quarter (fewest of any team in any quarter) is amazing. like they said, a true testament to d. lebeaus coaching and ability to make adjustments. im sure tomlin has a little something to do with it too. :tt02:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-21-2008, 01:11 PM
You called it a "helmet to helmet" hit, which is illegal...so you implied that the hit was dirty. That is what made it appear that you were upset by the hit.

I have been saying for some time now that the Steelers are targeted, there is no doubt about that. That was never up for debate.

Just admit you worded your post incorrectly and it lead me to believe the wrong thing, I've already admitted that I misinterpreted your post. So quit giving me the business and lets put this behind us :hug:

Oh, and quit calling me a "newb"...This isn't Halo and I'm not thirteen.:coffee:

steeltheone
11-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Beating the Pats without Brady is not as special.....

fansince'76
11-21-2008, 02:27 PM

They didn't care about beating us last year with half our starting secondary out. I have no sympathy.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-21-2008, 11:30 PM

Yes it is, Bellicheat's tears sustain me!