PDA

View Full Version : it has only began....

PalmerSteel
11-20-2008, 11:58 PM
as we have the most difficult schedule without a doubt for the next 4 weeks, with 3 of 4 on the road. all 4 against potential playoff teams (@pats, cowboys, @ravens , @titans). would want to win more obviously, but if we win 2 out of the next 4, i would not complain. its time for our first true test of the season starting in new england! :tt03:

GridironWarrior
11-21-2008, 12:03 AM
With the way the Oline plays against good Dline I could easily see them losing those games despite a heroic effort from the D.

TeeJay
11-21-2008, 01:17 AM
Someone has to burst the Titan Bubble.......

But, if it was only two out of the four, the Ratbirds and Pats (obviously), but I'd sure like that Cowboy scalp as well. 11-4 sounds mighty good! :thumbsup::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt: 12-3 sounds even better!

F**K it....let's just go for 4 straight wins........in for a penny, in for a pound! :tt03::tt:

stlrtruck
11-21-2008, 02:22 AM
And we could very well go 4-0 in that stretch. None of those teams are superior. Our Defense is dominating and our offense is starting to gel and while the game was against the bungals our O-line gave some good protection. If Ben can play the next four weeks like he did the last two games, then we'll be in for some fun times!!!

brick
11-21-2008, 02:30 AM
i always look for a win, but it'll be tough these next few weeks for sure. the o-line needs to step up big time, tonight will give them confidence but i think the bungs d made them look better than they are, its gonna be a lot tougher against the likes of the patriots and titans. the ten day break will be good for the guys, hopefully willie heals up and we get a lot of preparation for ne.

italiansteeler
11-21-2008, 02:47 AM
Good news from Italy, guys!!

http://www.datasport.it/leggi.aspx?id=5395284

http://www.playitusa.com/b2/blogs/news.php?p=6397&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Galax Steeler
11-21-2008, 03:52 AM
its time for our first true test of the season starting in new england! :tt03:

I think we have had our first true test already we played Philly,Giants, and Ravens those are some pretty good test we know what we can do we just have to go and win these games.

Steelcitygal87
11-21-2008, 05:43 AM
And we could very well go 4-0 in that stretch. None of those teams are superior. Our Defense is dominating and our offense is starting to gel and while the game was against the bungals our O-line gave some good protection. If Ben can play the next four weeks like he did the last two games, then we'll be in for some fun times!!!

NONE of those teams are superior? I take that to mean you are not that impressed with the Titans? I am. They have a terrific D. Kerry Collins is doing everything they ask of him, and they have a good running game with Johnson and White. Even if we manage to shut down the running game( like we did against the Giants), Collins has proved he can beat ya through the air. Look at the problems we had running the ball against the Bengals, and their defense isn't exactly near the top, how do you think we are going to fair going up against the Titans D????

I don't think the Patriots are a superior team this year, but the Steelers always seem to have trouble against them, esp. in Foxboro.

GO STEELERS!!! :tt03::helmet:

Dawn

\m/xtrememarine\m/
11-21-2008, 06:28 AM
The D is playing like no other. If Big Ben can keep the turnovers to a minimum, we can go 3-4 in the next four games.:drink:

BritishSteel
11-21-2008, 06:59 AM
I've been impressed with the Titans, they play the game like we do - solid but not spectacular O, smothering D. Plus even when they're playing badly, they seem to find ways to win. That's the toughest game of the 4. The other three are very winnable I think. - Pats in Foxboro can't be taken lightly, but when Cassel's had the kitchen sink thrown at him, he's looked shaky and he hasn't faced a D of our standard yet. The Fravens are starting to falter (plus we win that game it's all but our division then) and The Cowboys in the cold at our place, I think we'll beat them. I'd take 2-2 but I think 3-1 is a very real possibility if we start to move the sticks and cut down on the dumb penalties.

stlrtruck
11-21-2008, 07:27 AM
NONE of those teams are superior? I take that to mean you are not that impressed with the Titans? I am. They have a terrific D. Kerry Collins is doing everything they ask of him, and they have a good running game with Johnson and White. Even if we manage to shut down the running game( like we did against the Giants), Collins has proved he can beat ya through the air. Look at the problems we had running the ball against the Bengals, and their defense isn't exactly near the top, how do you think we are going to fair going up against the Titans D????

I don't think the Patriots are a superior team this year, but the Steelers always seem to have trouble against them, esp. in Foxboro.

GO STEELERS!!! :tt03::helmet:

Dawn

I'm not saying I'm not impressed with what the Titans are doing but I think the chink in their armor is apparent. While they're defense is playing well, they still have some coverage issues and if a team can control the clock against them. Offensively they're playing close to the vest and they're not as good as the media gives them credit. They aren't scoring a lot of points and to be honest I think a press defense can bring some damage to Collins.

As for the patriots*, yes they are definitely sub-par this year and they normally give us a fit. But I think this is the year that it turns around. Dallas is a freakin' soap opera and don't pose a threat to our defense. It's the ratbirds that bother me because they are within our division and those games are always nail bitters!!!

Steelcitygal87
11-21-2008, 07:44 AM
I've been impressed with the Titans, they play the game like we do - solid but not spectacular O, smothering D. Plus even when they're playing badly, they seem to find ways to win. That's the toughest game of the 4. The other three are very winnable I think. - Pats in Foxboro can't be taken lightly, but when Cassel's had the kitchen sink thrown at him, he's looked shaky and he hasn't faced a D of our standard yet. The Fravens are starting to falter (plus we win that game it's all but our division then) and The Cowboys in the cold at our place, I think we'll beat them. I'd take 2-2 but I think 3-1 is a very real possibility if we start to move the sticks and cut down on the dumb penalties.

I agree, the penalties have been KILLING us. How frustrating is it to have a big play nullified or a good drive stalled and yardage lost because of a penalty??! it's happening far to often. Some of these defenses we will be facing in the coming weeks it will be hard enough moving the sticks on them, let alone helping them out with the aid of penalties...can't have that or we won't win.

The ratbirds did look pretty bad against the Giants, their defense got run over by Jacobs. I give a lot of credit to Flacco though, he has show a lot of poise under pressure. He doesn't seem to get rattled too easily and panic...he always seems calm which is impressive for a rookie. Their D is usually always tough too. We beat them once...just barely, and they will be fighting for the division to, plus it is in their house.

Like you, I will take 2-2....those games being....Cleveland, and Cowboys...ones I see them having the best chance of winning.

GO STEELERS!!! :tt03::tt02::helmet:

Dawn

Steelcitygal87
11-21-2008, 07:52 AM
I'm not saying I'm not impressed with what the Titans are doing but I think the chink in their armor is apparent. While they're defense is playing well, they still have some coverage issues and if a team can control the clock against them. Offensively they're playing close to the vest and they're not as good as the media gives them credit. They aren't scoring a lot of points and to be honest I think a press defense can bring some damage to Collins.

As for the patriots*, yes they are definitely sub-par this year and they normally give us a fit. But I think this is the year that it turns around. Dallas is a freakin' soap opera and don't pose a threat to our defense. It's the ratbirds that bother me because they are within our division and those games are always nail bitters!!!

That will be the key against the Titans...controlling the clock. Which, if our O line isn't playing well and we don't have much of a running game( like we didn't against the Bengals..to their credit they were pretty good on defense), we will be in for a LONG day. Our defense is GREAT, but they can't be out on the field for 60 minutes. Hopefully we can stop their running game and put all the pressure on Collins. But that is a ways down the road lol. One game at a time. Next up is NE. At least we do have 9 days to rest up before we play them. I am concerned about Willie. I noticed on that one play...the run he had for 15 yards I believe it was...he seemed to pull up toward the end..when he was going out of bounds and I remember thinking...CRAP I hope he didn't pull a hamstring or worse. Any news about him? I don't think he played the rest of the game after that.

GO STEELERS!!!!! :tt03::tt03::tt03:

GridironWarrior
11-21-2008, 07:55 AM
I could see any of those 4 being losses. And it's cause of the OLine. I don't trust those 5 at all up front. Haynesworth and Vanden Bosh must be excited thinking about play that line.

Dino 6 Rings
11-21-2008, 09:03 AM
One at a Time people.

Now that we are 8-3, I can look to see who we play next week, and who it is that I shall hate this week. (Because I hate whoever we are playing each week)

Well, well, well, I get to hate the Patriots for the next 10 days.

Nothing else matters but the game next week. 9-3 is a must.

TackleMeBen
11-21-2008, 09:09 AM
i am not going to get worried about the schedule. as tomlin would say it is what it is. and you cant do anything about it.

the pats are not playing pats ball this season even though they have a winning record. we just need to watch the jets/pats game and see how the jets won.

the cowboys, i am not too worried about. they will have their pacman back,maybe..lol. and felix jones was just placed on IR. if we can stop barber and get pressure on romo he will make some mistakes. he reminds me of brady, in the sense he doesnt like pressure, he is good at extending the plays, but the only other tough defense they have played were the giants.

the ravens.. well its always a tough game. our oline will need to step it up and i mean big b/c they will need to keep ben upright..(i remember that hit in 06 he took, i dont want to see that again).

the titans are a good football team, but i think they can be beatable.. meaning we need to knock collins out so we can get to vince and watch him get booed by his fans which will make him upset and play bad..lol..

i think with our defense we could win any game.

The_WARDen
11-21-2008, 09:14 AM
if they go 2-2 during that stretch and then clean up with the Clowns in the final game, that gets them to 11 wins. That's a pretty good season.

Edman
11-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Yeah the next few games will be pretty tough.

But people said this schedule was going to be brutal. We can't do anything about it. The Steelers will keep fighting just as they always have. This long break before the Pats* game will help.

We have a fighting chance against all of them, but we can just as easily blow it for ourselves. Let's wait and see.

revefsreleets
11-21-2008, 09:31 AM
After reading this board I'd be surprised if we win another game again. Ever.

Seriously. There are some real "Galss half empty" people around this joint...

Dino 6 Rings
11-21-2008, 09:56 AM
After reading this board I'd be surprised if we win another game again. Ever.

Seriously. There are some real "Galss half empty" people around this joint...

Not Guilty!

:tt02:

revefsreleets
11-21-2008, 10:04 AM
I think we can certainly beat any of these teams. The Pats just got beat at home by the Jets. Anyone think they are a better team than the Steelers? The Rats are the Rats. The Cowboys haven't been exactly tearing it up lately. The Titans play the same way we do. Our defense is better than theirs, and their offense will have a lot of trouble scoring on us. If we play solid ST's and just decent offensively we can win that game.

Best case 4-0 and rest for the Playoffs against the Browns. Worst case maybe 2-2 and we need the Browns win to secure the other playoff bye.

steelpride12
11-21-2008, 10:51 AM
These game are all winnable and im hoping to at least win 2 of the games or better. Hoping for a win against the Pats as well as the Ratsbirds for the division.

All these teams are beatable and I think a good defense is Tony Homo's weakness and with him a little rusty still im sure he will make plenty of mistakes.

With the Titans still being undefeated whooping them in Tennessee would be amazing. The Steelers def. could manage that, but the offense would have to click and the defense play their game.
This schedule is brutal, but manageable for the Steelers.

vasteeler
11-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Not Guilty!

:tt02:

me either
steelers 48
*'s 0:tt:

PalmerSteel
11-21-2008, 04:31 PM
they are all winnable obviously, i just started the thread to bring up the point these 4 weeks will be our most defining moments since our 2005 super bowl run. we get to show the critics wether we truly are contenders or pretenders. bring on the patsies!

steel striker
11-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Listen we have been in every game this season and, I think we will have a chance to win every game we play this season. If the defense keeps playing well plus if Ben plays smart steeler football there is no reason why we can't make another super bowl run. Sure there are alot of if's but, just about every other team has some issues as well.

GridironWarrior
11-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Until the Oline is able to run the ball I'm still thinking that losing all 4 of those games is possible. I love this D but they need a break. And they need a new punter. They can't keep playing with a short field all the time. Of course I don't think the Jets are better than us but they still found a way to lose to them last year. The Steelers are better than the Chargers and yet they had to win by 1.