PDA

View Full Version : Steelers defense feeling the love

SteelersMongol
11-21-2008, 12:07 AM
The Steelers defense is having one of its best seasons in recent history and the players know why.

It’s all about that dreaded four letter word – love.

“I think it’s our love for each other and playing for each other,” said defensive end Aaron Smith. “When we go out there we are not going out there as individuals we go out as a whole group. We put the group ahead of individuals.”

You can see the close bond the players have as they joke around and have fun in the locker room, laugh at lunchtime, give each other support when it’s needed most and work their tails off in practice daily.

“I just think all of the guys care about one another,” said cornerback Deshea Townsend. “They really care about not letting their teammates down. When you play like that and not play selfishly and play for the guy beside you, it makes it special.”

Both players know that they are on a defensive unit that is doing something special on the field each week.

“It’s always the same formula, guys playing for one another,” said Townsend. “The way we are playing right now it’s up there with the best units I have played on. When one guy makes a play, we all make a play. Everybody feels like that.”

And everybody is enjoying it too.

“The way we are playing right now I haven’t been on many defenses that have played better than this,” said Smith. “It’s a lot of fun. You got out there with a bunch of guys you love and get after somebody and play hard together. You can’t find anything like that.”

http://www.steelers.com/article/99457/

That's why guys like Plaxico Burryass is not with us. I just love our defense.

Galax Steeler
11-21-2008, 03:54 AM
What can I say week after week our deffense plays exellent games and play there hearts out.