PDA

View Full Version : Sean McHugh

SunshineMan21
11-21-2008, 03:13 AM
This guy is a hell of a lead blocker . . . have to give props to Arians for lining him up at FB, because watching the game he was absolutely destroying LBs all over the place.

Carey Davis played pretty well too, but I think we've found a genuine Steeler role player in McHugh.

Galax Steeler
11-21-2008, 05:00 AM
It was good to see some plays last night that we had a fullback in the backfield that was getting back to some steeler football the running game looked alot better then it had been.

jjpro11
11-21-2008, 09:12 AM
he has done a great job blocking and he can catch.

DACEB
11-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Early on I thought this guy was a very good pickup for the team. He may not be the best lead blocker, but he is the best we've had since the FB position became more of the H-back position. He has shown the ability to do exactly what is expected from that position in this style of offense.

Position flexibility, is what Tomlin calls it. And we've got a couple of guys in McHugh and MeMo that have performed well in the roles they've been called upon to play. Excellent FA pickups by the team that does nothing in FA.

KeiselPower99
11-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Good teams dont have to do alot in free agency. We bring in players who can assume certain roles. Its the Steeler way.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Yup, I love the idea of McHugh lining up in the I with Russell or Moore on short yardage. He is a much better blocker than Carey Davis.

steelpride12
11-21-2008, 11:37 AM
He did block well last night, but i don't care who we need to have a run blocker full back on run plays.
We ran the ball with single back formations and was stuffed up the middle, but on three plays were Memo had a blocker he ran for 10Yd, 5yd, and 13yd.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Kind of reminded me of the old days of Witman, and Kreider

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
11-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Sean McHugh = beast

SCSTILLER
11-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Yeah, it was nice seeing the I formation again with a lead blocker. Hope theres more to come.

The Duke
11-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Yup, I love the idea of McHugh lining up in the I with Russell or Moore on short yardage. He is a much better blocker than Carey Davis.

When the steelers signed McHugh I know you were high on him

I wasn't convinced though. But I am now, he's a very efficient blocker, just what the steelers need to get he run game back on track

Good call Gonzo

He's almost as good as kuhn :chuckle:

Edman
11-21-2008, 03:04 PM
McHugh won't make us say "Kreider who", but he's done a nice job. Proof that eliminating the Fullback from the offense was a bad idea. We should do this more often.

KeiselPower99
11-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Krieder is a free agent at the end of the season. lol

DACEB
11-21-2008, 08:55 PM

Kuhn looks pretty good in G.B. don't he!

IMO, they've got to utilize him more often and start to disguise the play-calls. Teams will start to play run when he is in the line-up. He's shown to have good hands, so line him up at FB and then motion him out to create match-up problems with slower LBs. Keep him in to block more often on 2TE sets and let Miller loose. Hell, start showing some 3TE sets down at the goalline with Russell at RB. Big 2TE I-formation. All right, I'll stop.

We've got three good TEs.

Havik
11-21-2008, 09:17 PM
I like McHugh, he's a really good blocker. I wish Kreider was here though. The Steelers need to go back to using a fullback. The run game sucked against the Bungles. There is no excuse for that.

Hapa
11-21-2008, 09:42 PM
We should put a back-up linemen at fullback in goal line situations :sofunny:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-21-2008, 10:20 PM

Lets not get Crazy. :wink:

Honestly, if McHugh was shorter he would be able to get under the pads of a lot more linebackers. If he was only Kuhn's height he would be even better.......but he will never be Kuhn!!!

Steelman16
11-22-2008, 12:56 AM
McHugh has played extremely well for a backup FB and backup TE.

MeMo, McHugh and Fox all have been very solid FA additions.