PDA

View Full Version : Punisher War Zone.

KeiselPower99
11-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Just sittin here and saw the preview for it again and Im stoked for this. Whats yalls thoughts???

PisnNapalm
11-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Ehh.... Can't be worse than the last 2. Can it?

Makaveli
11-21-2008, 12:29 PM
It's probably going to be very good. Marvel has taken control of their "product" in terms of films. Which is why Iron Man and The Hulk were of the quality that all Marvel films SHOULD have been for years.

Personally, i'm looking forward to the Thor and Captain America joints myself.

Leftoverhard
11-21-2008, 12:32 PM
I thought the one with Thomas Jayne was decent - especially considering the budget and considering that Travolta had to be in it - but I'm excited about the new one and Captain America too.
Watchmen, if it ever comes out - better be good - because it's been a long wait.

Makaveli
11-21-2008, 07:42 PM
I thought the one with Thomas Jayne was decent - especially considering the budget and considering that Travolta had to be in it -

Yea,...but i thought it was lame to have the film set in a south florida type environment . I'm saying,...when you think of the Punisher,...you think of a darker, grittier urban backdrop. Or maybe it's just me ?

Makaveli
11-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Watchmen, if it ever comes out - better be good - because it's been a long wait.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R3orQKBxiEg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R3orQKBxiEg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Is it still in post production or what ?

KeiselPower99
11-21-2008, 09:07 PM
I agree the Flordia setting was way off but overall i liked it alot. Im watching the Dolph version now and its hard for me to sit through.

Makaveli
11-21-2008, 09:30 PM
I agree the Flordia setting was way off but overall i liked it alot. Im watching the Dolph version now and its hard for me to sit through.

I dug it too (Thomas Jayne actually did a pretty good job and looked the part),.....but it still came off as a bit "campy. Don't get me wrong,... Travolta's my guy,..but he never does "over the top villan" well.

I like the fact that Marvel is casting their films with people whom are first and foremost,...exceptional actors. (without straying too far from the aesthetic aspects of the comics we grew up on.)

Which brings me to the Dolph joint,...."don't do it man !" (watch it) :laughing:

Leftoverhard
11-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Is it still in post production or what ?

March 2009...Hopefully. This film has been trying to get made since '91.

The Punisher's (the campy one) dvd extras are worth a watch. Some really good stuff about the budget, the stunts (awesome) and the location. Made me like the movie more.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-21-2008, 11:25 PM
I loved the Thomas Jayne one, but he should have played Max Payne instead of Marky Mark...FEEL IT!

tony hipchest
11-22-2008, 01:48 AM
Yea,...but i thought it was lame to have the film set in a south florida type environment . I'm saying,...when you think of the Punisher,...you think of a darker, grittier urban backdrop. Or maybe it's just me ?
no. frank is straight up NYC.

punisher was always my favorite comic so i think both films were great.

i really liked the dolph lundgren version. he definitely wasnt the best casting (other than his build) but the flick was a bunch of gratuitous violence with mega artillery....:applaudit::popcorn::thumbsup:

definitely true to the comic.

for me, no film can top jim lee's version in the early editions of "the punisher war journal" .

thats the punisher at his finest. the 1st 10 issues or so, and an actor who could match, coulda easilly be fit to an excellent movie script.

Makaveli
11-22-2008, 02:05 AM
no. frank is straight up NYC.

punisher was always my favorite comic so i think both films were great.

i really liked the dolph lundgren version. he definitely wasnt the best casting (other than his build) but the flick was a bunch of gratuitous violence with mega artillery....:applaudit::popcorn::thumbsup:

definitely true to the comic.

for me, no film can top jim lee's version in the early editions of "the punisher war journal" .

thats the punisher at his finest. the 1st 10 issues or so, and an actor who could match, coulda easilly be fit to an excellent movie script.

"What you know about War Journal Tone" ? :thumbsup: That was Jim at nearly his finest prior to his peak with the X-men (post silvestri and Clairmont,...and prior to the title going pop)

I thought Dolph had presence as well,...but to me,...he just wasn't Frank Castle. And it seemed as though Marvel was merely "prostituting" the likenesses of their characters to whomever they felt could get some type of "budget" to make the films happen at that time. (At the great expense of creative integrity)