PDA

View Full Version : Cris Collinsworth...

lotas
11-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Hey fellas, I'm a long time lurker, rare poster, but I had to mention this.

I've watched Steeler football since 96, over half my lifetime, and I was also a big fan of Inside the NFL on HBO since that time until last year or the year before, when it was cancelled.

I've always hated Cris Collinsworth. His arrogance, his attitude, especially towards Pit, even his damn grin. Typically he doesn't give Pittsburgh the credit they deserve, and when they're slumping, he hammers 'em.

He had some GREAT input last night. Not only in the pre-game with the NFL network fellas, but calling the game. I thought all of his "opinions" on plays/penalties were dead on and fair. I thought his assessments of the players was also spot on, and he made some great comments.

So Cris, :hatsoff: to you. Thanks for finally giving a fair assessment and being honest.

Was anyone else surprised by him last night, or am I trippin'?

fansince'76
11-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Nope, I thought Collinsworth was decent for a change last night, so it wasn't only you. I thought his commentary was actually quite insightful. A refreshing change from the 3 clowns they have calling Sunday night games on ESPN.

Pdiddy
11-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Hey fellas, I'm a long time lurker, rare poster, but I had to mention this.

I've watched Steeler football since 96, over half my lifetime, and I was also a big fan of Inside the NFL on HBO since that time until last year or the year before, when it was cancelled.

I've always hated Cris Collinsworth. His arrogance, his attitude, especially towards Pit, even his damn grin. Typically he doesn't give Pittsburgh the credit they deserve, and when they're slumping, he hammers 'em.

He had some GREAT input last night. Not only in the pre-game with the NFL network fellas, but calling the game. I thought all of his "opinions" on plays/penalties were dead on and fair. I thought his assessments of the players was also spot on, and he made some great comments.

So Cris, :hatsoff: to you. Thanks for finally giving a fair assessment and being honest.

Was anyone else surprised by him last night, or am I trippin'?

Needless to say, I have been a fan of his since his days in the Nati. He was dead on last night and has never been shy to rip his old team, which by the way they need lots of these days.

X-Terminator
11-21-2008, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't know, because I had the radio broadcast on. I still hate the pencil-necked geek regardless.

stlrtruck
11-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Chris Collinsworthless will forever be in the same ranks as Madden as an announcer - USELESS!!!

T&B fan
11-21-2008, 01:51 PM
the 3 clowns they have calling Sunday night games on ESPN.

that a fact:thumbsup:

Steel Duck
11-21-2008, 02:12 PM
It wasn't until the second half that Collinsworthless finally began giving the Steelers props....BECAUSE HE HAD TO! There was no denying the fact that we are simply the better team!!!!
The entire first half was nothing but smack talkin on our boys! He can take a big one right up the @ss as far as I'm concerned!!!!!

Dino 6 Rings
11-21-2008, 06:55 PM
How many times did he mention "former Bengals" on the Steelers Roster. Seriously, the guy is such a Bengals homer I'm surprised he's allowed to even call our games. Its like having the Witch who eats kids, watching your kids. Seriously.

Oh he can break down a game sure, he's got "insight" but he's still a Toolbag Homer and I wish he'd be banished from even mentioning our Team on a broadcast ever, let alone covering us.

Tankus_Maximus
11-22-2008, 01:37 PM
I've heard Collinsworth praise the Steelers quite often, usually in radio-shows...at the beginning of last year he said the Steelers were the team to beat in their division, and they could be "very, very, very good" in relation to the rest of the AFC.

Not defending the guy, just playing "devils advocate".

Pittsky
11-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Chris Collinsworthless will forever be in the same ranks as Madden as an announcer - USELESS!!!

LOL. BOOM!!! TOUGH ACTIN TINACTIN! :flap:

Steel Duck
11-22-2008, 02:47 PM
I've heard Collinsworth praise the Steelers quite often, usually in radio-shows...at the beginning of last year he said the Steelers were the team to beat in their division, and they could be "very, very, very good" in relation to the rest of the AFC.

Not defending the guy, just playing "devils advocate".

Are you freaken kidding me?????????????? He almost NEVER has anything good to say about our Steelers...Thus the name Collinsworthless!

touchdownward
11-22-2008, 07:56 PM
It wasn't until the second half that Collinsworthless finally began giving the Steelers props....BECAUSE HE HAD TO! There was no denying the fact that we are simply the better team!!!!
The entire first half was nothing but smack talkin on our boys! He can take a big one right up the @ss as far as I'm concerned!!!!!

I agree with Duck here. Gooseneck had no choice, he didn't say another kind word about the Bungs after Marvin went for 3 instead of the TD.

Tankus_Maximus
11-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Nope, not kiddin' ya. Just givin the devil his due.

Are you freaken kidding me?????????????? He almost NEVER has anything good to say about our Steelers...Thus the name Collinsworthless!

Stu Pidasso
11-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Not to derail the thread or anything, but Steel Duck, is that you in your avatar? Man, you are hot! :naughty:

Stu Pidasso
11-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Oh, and Collinsworthless is a douche.

Steel Duck
11-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Not to derail the thread or anything, but Steel Duck, is that you in your avatar? Man, you are hot! :naughty:

Yeah that's me...lol thanks :grin:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Can't stand him, but these guys are the WORST

http://www.blog.joelx.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bosley-medical-beard-comb-over.gif Tony Kornheiser

http://www.jldfineart.com/images/tweety_bird.JPG John Clayton

Dino 6 Rings
11-24-2008, 08:41 AM
For the Record, this piece of crap said last night that the Jets were the best team in the AFC and that he predicts a NY vs NY Superbowl. Guess he forgot about the #1 defense that he watched last Thursday already.

Guy will look for ANY reason to discount the Steelers. He hates us, has since he was a player.

Hobbes
11-24-2008, 09:29 PM

yes, that's MY girl! :wave::kiss02::hug:

Steel Duck
11-27-2008, 06:17 AM
yes, that's MY girl! :wave::kiss02::hug:

:love: :kiss: :hug:

HometownGal
11-27-2008, 09:15 AM
Anyone who naturally has a head shaped like a limp penis has to be a dikhead. :chuckle:

He's still crying because the Steelers used to give his face a turf washing and make his life a living hell when he played for the Bungles. :crying01::crying01::crying01:

Texasteel
11-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Anyone who naturally has a head shaped like a limp penis has to be a dikhead. :chuckle:

He's still crying because the Steelers used to give his face a turf washing and make his life a living hell when he played for the Bungles. :crying01::crying01::crying01:

Well he's paying us back now by trying to bore us to death.

That guy sucks at his job.

Texasteel
11-27-2008, 10:13 AM

Thats me in my avatar too Stu.

lilyoder6
11-27-2008, 10:14 AM
and the sad thing is that collinsworth is evrywhere :( thurs night sun night inside the nfl... evry where

Dino 6 Rings
12-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Collinsworth said on this week's inside the NFL "I'm never picking against the Steelers again."

yeah...we'll see Chris...

wanna bet if the SB was Giants Steelers he'd take the Giants. In fact, I bet he picks against the Steelers in the Titans and Ravens games.

NJarhead
12-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Collinsworth said on this week's inside the NFL "I'm never picking against the Steelers again."

yeah...we'll see Chris...

wanna bet if the SB was Giants Steelers he'd take the Giants. In fact, I bet he picks against the Steelers in the Titans and Ravens games.

I don't want him picking us. He's bad luck.

Dino 6 Rings
12-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Oh me either. I'd much rather he keep picking against us. I think he took us this week over the Cowboys but that'll change. Sure thing.

steelerbackr4life
12-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Didnt he also show Ryan Clark some love? On the same show?

This cant be good:doh:

MaidenIndiana
12-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Why would you even care what Collinsworth has to say? I just hope he's a better lawyer than an announcer for his clients sake