PDA

View Full Version : " True Blood"

Makaveli
11-21-2008, 08:06 PM
HBO's newest series,.....take it or leave it ?

Polamalu Princess
11-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Have not watched it. Is it on HBO On Demand?

GutterflowerSteel
11-21-2008, 08:28 PM
LOVE it!! Score for HBO - I haven't really liked any of their series since The Sopranos and Six Feet Under ended and they canceled both Carnivale and Deadwood. The plot and the way the whole serial killer storyline is played out against this world of vampires who now openly walk amongst the living - it works very well :thumbsup: I like a lot of the characters - Jason Stackhouse, Sookie, Lafayette, Sam and Tara. I read that it's already been renewed for a second season.

Makaveli
11-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Have not watched it. Is it on HBO On Demand?

Yes it is. I generally don't get to watch much tv outside of sports. But i heard of the series through a friend and checked it out on "on demand". Long story short,..i ended up making time to watch every available episode.

GutterflowerSteel
11-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Yes it it is. I generally don't get to watch much tv outside of sports. But i heard of the series through a friend and checked it out on "on demand". Long story short,..i ended up making time to watch every available episode.
The season finale is this weekend. I can't wait to see what happens! Have you seen all 11 episodes so far?

Makaveli
11-21-2008, 08:40 PM
LOVE it!! Score for HBO - I haven't really liked any of their series since The Sopranos and Six Feet Under ended and they canceled both Carnivale and Deadwood. The plot and the way the whole serial killer storyline is played out against this world of vampires who now openly walk amongst the living - it works very well :thumbsup: I like a lot of the characters - Jason Stackhouse, Sookie, Lafayette, Sam and Tara. I read that it's already been renewed for a second season.

Big score indeed as far as i'm concerned as well ! One would think that Vampires and the supernatural have been "done" to the point of almost any backdrop being cliche. But this series is very well written and balanced. (Not to mention the "crazy" theme song during the intro):thumbsup:

Makaveli
11-21-2008, 08:42 PM
The season finale is this weekend. I can't wait to see what happens! Have you seen all 11 episodes so far?

Yep,.....and eagerly looking forward to the finale !

GutterflowerSteel
11-21-2008, 08:58 PM
I was hooked from the first episode - so many things happened in that first hour: Great acting by an ensemble cast that bring the story to life with interesting, compelling characters. Stripped down, the storylines are pretty basic: who's the serial killer along with an interracial love story between a human and a vampire - but the added vampire element makes it that much more intriguing. I'm looking forward to Sunday nights on HBO again. I haven't read any of the books, and I think I'm going to wait until after the series ends. I don't want to spoil it :popcorn:

The theme song had to grow on me, but I like it now :thumbsup:

Polamalu Princess
11-21-2008, 09:00 PM
I am going to have to give it a look. I have only watched Sex and the City on HBO and Weeds on Showtime. I will watch some of it tonight or tomorrow. Thanks.

Makaveli
11-21-2008, 09:16 PM
I was hooked from the first episode - so many things happened in that first hour: Great acting by an ensemble cast that bring the story to life with interesting, compelling characters. Stripped down, the storylines are pretty basic: who's the serial killer along with an interracial love story between a human and a vampire - but the added vampire element makes it that much more intriguing. I'm looking forward to Sunday nights on HBO again. I haven't read any of the books, and I think I'm going to wait until after the series ends. I don't want to spoil it :popcorn:

The theme song had to grow on me, but I like it now :thumbsup:

I found that interesting as well,......the way that the writer almost gives us an "from the outside looking in" perspective in terms of social dynamics. By using Vampires as the new social "caste" to be feared, loved, and loathed all at the same time. To me it's kinda like "damn,..does this define the nature of our many "real world" hangups ?"

I haven't read the books either, but like you,..i'll wait.:wink02:
:thumbsup:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
11-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Oh Bill I love you so I always will.....

I wanna sleep in the ground with Bill I wanna I wanna I wanna. I absolutely loved six feet under and knew I couldn't go wrong tuning into Alan Ball's current masterpiece. I just hope it lasts longer than six feet under did.

Can't wait for Sunday get 'yer :popcorn: ready.

GutterflowerSteel
11-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Oh Bill I love you so I always will.....

I wanna sleep in the ground with Bill I wanna I wanna I wanna. I absolutely loved six feet under and knew I couldn't go wrong tuning into Alan Ball's current masterpiece. I just hope it lasts longer than six feet under did.

Can't wait for Sunday get 'yer :popcorn: ready.

You can sleep in the ground with Bill - I think I'd like to rule the local sector with 'sheriff' Eric :wink02: I can't wait for tomorrow night either - but you know HBO ... it'll probably be a whole year before season 2 starts :banging:

Six Feet Under was one of the best series on tv of all time :thumbsup:

Polamalu Princess
11-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Okay, I just watched the first episode...I am not hooked yet...I am currently watching the 2nd one, so we shall see!!!!

Steel Duck
11-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Haven't watched it....Might check it out on in demand though.....

And WTF happened to Tell me You Love me??? My husband and I LOVED that show! It aired for one season last year...and never came back :noidea:

Polamalu Princess
11-22-2008, 03:39 PM
I have watched a couple of shows now - it is getting interesting!

GutterflowerSteel
11-22-2008, 05:29 PM

And WTF happened to Tell me You Love me??? My husband and I LOVED that show! It aired for one season last year...and never came back :noidea:

I remember seeing the trailers for the show, but never caught up to it. HBO was so haphazard in their programming for awhile, I just stopped watching them altogether. I was pissed when they abruptly canceled Inside The NFL.

I have watched a couple of shows now - it is getting interesting!

Keep watching - it just gets better and better :popcorn:

TailgateMel
11-22-2008, 05:33 PM
I watch it, I love Sunday nights on HBO... what a great way to wind down the weekend.

Looking forward to Big Love & Flight of the Conchords coming back on in January also.

I really liked Carnivale, I liked the good vs. evil, mysteriousness/magic part of it... that is what I like about True Blood.. glad to hear they renewed it already!

Mel

GutterflowerSteel
11-22-2008, 05:46 PM
I really liked Carnivale, I liked the good vs. evil, mysteriousness/magic part of it... that is what I like about True Blood.. glad to hear they renewed it already!

Mel

That was such an underrated show with an intriguing plot and stellar ensemble cast. I went to the fan held CarnyCon in L.A. after it was canceled, and met the creator, Dan Knauf, along with Clancy Brown (Brother Justin) and most of the rest of the cast (Samson, Professor Lodz, Lila, the hooch dancers Rita Sue, Dora Mae and Libby, among others). There was a writer's panel but the highlight was the question and answer sessions with the cast. Plus they mingled with the fans a lot. It was an amazing and cool weekend!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
11-23-2008, 12:28 AM

checked the message boards and appears it wasn't renewed. Bummer.

http://boards.hbo.com/topic/Tell-Love-Hbo/About/700013157?&tstart=0&mod=1188245672158

Polamalu Princess
11-24-2008, 10:31 PM
So, what do you think of the last show??

lilyoder6
11-25-2008, 11:00 AM
inside the nfl was not canceled... well kinda of at least.. its now on showtime

GutterflowerSteel
11-25-2008, 11:03 AM
inside the nfl was not canceled... well kinda of at least.. its now on showtime
Thanks, I know that - but I don't like it so much anymore because I don't like Sapp or Simms.

Makaveli
11-25-2008, 05:04 PM
So, what do you think of the last show??

I knew Rene was the killer ! He got exactly what he deserved. For the most part i thought they ended the season well. Just enough "closure,...yet with just enough intrigue.(Left me looking forward to the second season.)

I'm curious as to the nature of Jason's growth and or the development of his character. And also,....just how is Bill going to handle things with Sookie in light of his "Child" Jessica ?

And was i trippin,....or was that Tara's cousin's body in the detective's car ?

Dino 6 Rings
11-25-2008, 05:12 PM
My wife loves this show, so much that she's gone out and bought the books.

I have no idea what she's going to watch until the next shows come out next summer. She was so mad that she has to wait til summer.

GutterflowerSteel
11-25-2008, 05:36 PM
I knew Rene was the killer ! He got exactly what he deserved. For the most part i thought they ended the season well. Just enough "closure,...yet with just enough intrigue.(Left me looking forward to the second season.)

I'm curious as to the nature of Jason's growth and or the development of his character. And also,....just how is Bill going to handle things with Sookie in light of his "Child" Jessica ?

And was i trippin,....or was that Tara's cousin's body in the detective's car ?

I agree, Rene got what he deserved - freaak!

Great set up for next season - YES, unfortunately I think that was Lafayette in the trunk of the sheriff's car. Maybe some vampire getting revenge for Eddie? He's one of my favorite characters - I hope he doesn't get killed off, but who else would it be? He's been missing for a couple of weeks - but turns up in the trunk of the car?

... and Mariann, the woman who took Tara in - she and Sam know each other, and it doesn't look too friendly. Seems like Jason may become a holy roller with the Fellowship of the Sun.

Jessica is going to be a handful - she'll probably be trying to feed off of whoever she can find ... at least we only have to wait til summer before the next season. I can't wait! (and I'm not going to cave and read the books yet!)

Makaveli
11-25-2008, 08:29 PM
I agree, Rene got what he deserved - freaak!

Great set up for next season - YES, unfortunately I think that was Lafayette in the trunk of the sheriff's car. Maybe some vampire getting revenge for Eddie? He's one of my favorite characters - I hope he doesn't get killed off, but who else would it be? He's been missing for a couple of weeks - but turns up in the trunk of the car?

... and Mariann, the woman who took Tara in - she and Sam know each other, and it doesn't look too friendly. Seems like Jason may become a holy roller with the Fellowship of the Sun.

Jessica is going to be a handful - she'll probably be trying to feed off of whoever she can find ... at least we only have to wait til summer before the next season. I can't wait! (and I'm not going to cave and read the books yet!)

Yeah,..your right about Lafayette. And though he was "alternative" (:chuckle:) i still got a few laughs out of the character and didn't think they would kill him off. I think it was the crooked senator that had him killed though ?

As far as Mariann your right,...she's gotta be a an absolute villan,...she's too "nice" for no apparent reason. (And ya boy Sam being edgey at the very sight of her also adds to that for me)

Do you think the zealotry will last with Jason ? So many questions right ? But,.....like you i'm going to hold out on the novels. (Even as much as hate surprises):chuckle:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
11-30-2008, 04:38 PM
They will be replaying season one in it's entirety starting December 2nd and running through December 4th HBO Channel 502. Dang wish I can burn the episodes onto a CD.

:applaudit: