PDA

View Full Version : Limas Sweed/ Moore

NV STEELERS 723
11-21-2008, 10:02 PM
SF... Two part thread here...Limas caught some nice balls last night, and he will be a awesome Ben target in the future years to come...whatta ya guys think ?

Also I noticed Melwede Moore when he got a gain , thrushed his head side to side like Jerrome Bettis did like "you can't stop me"...I loved it..it made me think of and missed Jerome..There will never be another Jerome Bettis for us, but as long as Melwede does what he does it still keeps Jerome forever in my STEELERS heart !..................

Keep doing it Melwede !

The Duke
11-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Sweed's catch on the ben scramble was a thing of beauty

Hopefully some catches like that help him get some confidence and experience. A reliable sweed could do marvels for this team in the playoffs

Oh yeah, SWEEEEED!! :chuckle:

fansince'76
11-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Oh yeah, SWEEEEED!! :chuckle:

SWEEEEEEEEEED! :chuckle:

tony hipchest
11-22-2008, 12:04 AM
1st impressions of sweed is he's a bit gaudy and akward. much like plex as a youngster.

i think we got a winner. plex minus the attitude. he may take some refining, but i feel he will pan out.

mewelde does bring that jerome type of pgh. rb attitude to the table. he learned it from willie who learned it from jerome.

i cant wait to see mendenhall sportin it.

Preacher
11-22-2008, 12:35 AM
1st impressions of sweed is he's a bit gaudy and akward. much like plex as a youngster.

i think we got a winner. plex minus the attitude. he may take some refining, but i feel he will pan out.

mewelde does bring that jerome type of pgh. rb attitude to the table. he learned it from willie who learned it from jerome.

i cant wait to see mendenhall sportin it.

I think you're right. ANd making him win his spurs from 4th place in teh depth chart. . . up against the scrappers we have ahead of him will definitely rub off on him. A couple years under Ward is just what we want!

Steelman16
11-22-2008, 12:59 AM
Gauky and awkward come with the rookie territory. But he's proving himself recently and could possibly (hopefully) put a fire under Nate's butt again.

MeMo...what can I say about the guy? I still cannot believe he never was the starter in Minnesota before AD came on the scene. :noidea:

wootawnee
11-22-2008, 04:15 AM
We got to get Sweed the ball and let him have a coming out party.....Its about time

Galax Steeler
11-22-2008, 05:12 AM
It was good to see Sweed get into the mix hopefully we will start getting him the ball more it would be hard for a deffense to cover Ward,Holmes and Sweed.

steel striker
11-22-2008, 07:22 AM
No doubt about it once Sweed learns a little more from Ward & Holmes look out. Also Mo has been huge for use and, he a good all around player. He has filled in nicely for fwp.

Texasteel
11-22-2008, 07:29 AM
It's good to see Sweed starting to do pretty well, but he had to earn it. With Nate playing hot potato with the football again we will need him. I think Holmes will always be the guy. but Sweed will be giving CBs fits for years to come.

Boomerang
11-22-2008, 07:33 AM
it,s great to have the depth of sweed and moore to step up when they are needed.We are in good shape with our O and Ben just keeps getting it done .

GBMelBlount
11-22-2008, 07:40 AM
It's good to see Sweed starting to do pretty well, but he had to earn it. With Nate playing hot potato with the football again we will need him. I think Holmes will always be the guy. but Sweed will be giving CBs fits for years to come.

I couldn't be happier with Holmes' performance and potential but don't discount Sweeeeed! :chuckle: Remember, it's only his first season and once he has a year or two of development and learns the system, I really think he has the potential to do great things.

MJ5150
11-22-2008, 08:24 AM
I'm ready for Sweed to take over for Santonio.

Holmes has had his three strikes in Pittsburgh, so we need to get rid of him. I really do not like him.

-Mike

Texasteel
11-22-2008, 10:23 AM

Holmes has had his three strikes in Pittsburgh, so we need to get rid of him. I really do not like him.

-Mike

Dallas is a long ways from Pittsburgh, and I may have missed something, but has Holmes been a big problem?

steelpride12
11-22-2008, 10:33 AM
SF... Two part thread here...Limas caught some nice balls last night, and he will be a awesome Ben target in the future years to come...whatta ya guys think ?

Also I noticed Melwede Moore when he got a gain , thrushed his head side to side like Jerrome Bettis did like "you can't stop me"...I loved it..it made me think of and missed Jerome..There will never be another Jerome Bettis for us, but as long as Melwede does what he does it still keeps Jerome forever in my STEELERS heart !..................

Keep doing it Melwede !

First off darn you for bringing up Sweed! Second he didn't do that good he made the mistake on the punt return and his catches were mediocre, he still has a long way to go.

MeMo has been doing good all season long for us and has that power and speed to get the yards. I would consider Russell the Jerome Bettis since he has become our short yardage player.

stillers4me
11-22-2008, 12:09 PM
The only thing that's been bugging me since the game is the fact that Willie was getting nowhere, but Moore wasn't given the ball much until Willie went down. Now, don't get me wrong, I love what Willie brings and he brought it against the Chargers. But look how the ball started to finally move once Willie went out and Moore went in. If it ain't workin' Tomlin, mix it up! We've got options now.

Moore's a keeper, and 3 cheers for Tomlin for bringing him to the Burgh.

Oh yeah......Swwwwwweeeeeeddddd!

lilyoder6
11-22-2008, 12:55 PM
i thought sweed did alright.. he will keep improving... what happened to baker i ask???

stillers4me
11-22-2008, 12:57 PM
i thought sweed did alright.. he will keep improving... what happened to baker i ask???

They cut Dallas Baker last week.

MillerMania83
11-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Sweed is really starting to look good out there, that 3rd down catch was AWESOME....A little more time to learn and get a bit more comfortable, I think we'll have a STUD WR in this league for years to come.

As for MeMo, what can ya say, the guy is STEPPING UP BIG TIME....He's done an AWESOME JOB so far.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-22-2008, 02:58 PM
I still love all the fans that posted their disgust that Sweed was #5 on the depth chart in the first few weeks. :chuckle:

Rookies take time to adjust in the majority of cases and Sweed was behind vets like Holmes, Ward, Washington......and he cant tackle on special teams.

3 years ago I thought that Washington-Holmes would be the starting WR of the future. Now I believe its gonna be Holmes-
Sweed.

SunshineMan21
11-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Honestly I think Ward has a few more years left in him.

He was never a speedster, so aging isn't too big a deal.

chucoblack&gold
11-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Get Sweed in there more often, Nate has had his chance and in my eyes has not earned his stripes.

Memo is a great option.

T&B fan
11-22-2008, 05:20 PM
I still love all the fans that posted their disgust that Sweed was #5 on the depth chart in the first few weeks. :chuckle:

Rookies take time to adjust in the majority of cases and Sweed was behind vets like Holmes, Ward, Washington......and he cant tackle on special teams.

[/B]3 years ago I thought that Washington-Holmes would be the starting WR of the future. Now I believe its gonna be Holmes-
Sweed.[/B]

Washington drops to many balls :thud:

Honestly I think Ward has a few more years left in him.

He was never a speedster, so aging isn't too big a deal.

:drink: hell yes long live Ward :danceshout:

Get Sweed in there more often, Nate has had his chance and in my eyes has not earned his stripes.

Memo is a great option.

yes sir:thumbsup:

and I say more of Moore :hatsoff:

Crushzilla
11-22-2008, 05:29 PM
The fact that we have TOO MANY options at WR and RB is a blessing...

I'm alright with letting Sweed ride the pine on offense the rest of the year, but if they get him in there I wish him luck.

The guy reminds me of a baby deer...

... A baby deer that could kick my ass.

Preacher
11-22-2008, 05:48 PM
We were real lucky to find Moore. He should have some type of future with us, as I am really leaning towards running back by committee, with Willie as the head of the committee.

Sweed will be a good player in the future. He just needs to get used to his body and the speed of the game.

steelreserve
11-22-2008, 07:13 PM

-Mike

What the hell? Holmes is about an inch away from being Pro Bowl material, and he'll probably take over for Ward as the #1 guy in a couple years. As far as I know, he hasn't really been a problem with the Steelers except for the one bonehead move. Unless he does something worse than that, we need to keep him around.

Ward is still going to be a good receiver for a few years, but let's face it, age is going to catch up with him someday and he'll wind up as a #2 guy or a slot receiver. Not that he can't continue to make big contributions there, but we've got to hold on to the guys who can eventually take over for him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah, Sweed taking over for Holmes at this point is about as likely as Eric Mangini becoming the Patriots D-coordinator.

Ward, Holmes, Washington, Sweed for now and maybe expect Washington to leave in free agency with Dallas Baker or Martin Nance becoming the #4 and a rookie WR/KR to be on the squad next year.