PDA

View Full Version : Report: Browns courting Bill Cowher

jasonpirkle
11-22-2008, 08:18 AM
Better than seeing him go to the cowboys IMHO.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjIiRgTv9Ip75yTVVL4tYgpDubYF?slug=txbrow nswoocowher&prov=st&type=lgns

slippy
11-22-2008, 08:40 AM
i hope he takes the detroit job so i can root for him and not end up hating him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-22-2008, 08:57 AM
I hope he doesnt come back and tarnish his image. What if he comes back and coaches the same old sorry a$$ Browns and they are as pitiful as ever?

Say goodbye to Canton Bill.

PisnNapalm
11-22-2008, 09:18 AM
I think he's happy as is right now. I doubt he'll be back coaching. It's not about the money for him.

touchdownward
11-22-2008, 09:27 AM
I say as long as he's with Mrs. Chin, he won't be back coaching.

jasonpirkle
11-22-2008, 09:28 AM
When they start talking about 8-9 mil per, it might be about the money.

rbryan
11-22-2008, 09:49 AM
I hope he doesnt come back and tarnish his image. What if he comes back and coaches the same old sorry a$$ Browns and they are as pitiful as ever?

I was thinking the same thing. If he falls on his face somewhere else, it will tarnish his image forever. i think a big part of his success here had to do with the fact that he was a Pittsburgh guy. His attitude fit the Burgh. I'm not so sure that will work the same somewhere else.

I think he really likes the TV gig, It wouldn't surprise me if he never coaches again.

Fire Haley
11-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Jan 29, 2008
"Browns' Crennel signs two-year extension worth $4 million annually"

"We're pleased to get this two-year extension done with Romeo Crennel," Browns general manager Phil Savage said.

Nice to see them waste even more money,

The Browns would be much better off to call up Art Modell to apologize and beg him to lift the curse he left on them.

A QB or head coach change won't even come close to lifting the curse.

The Dawg Pound must bow down on it's knees and admit the True Browns are now in Baltimore.

Edman
11-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Cowher just bought a house in the Carolinas, oh yeah, and there's the meaning with his wife, too. He left Pittsburgh for those very reasons. If he takes the Cleveland job to leave all that, which he used to leave us, no skin off my nose. Best of luck to him.

Bobby Petrino and Nick Saban showed me that no coach is immune to the lure of the flip flop.

Tankus_Maximus
11-22-2008, 01:31 PM

I was a big-fan of Coach Cowher, but I don't really think he was Canton-bound. He lost too many AFCC games. Dude was able to fire up and inspire his players to running through a brick wall for him but far too often he out- "x's & o's"d by that cheating hoodie in NE.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-22-2008, 03:41 PM

Doubt it...Not comparing him to Lombardi..but Lombardi had a pretty forgettable year with the Redskins..George Allen coached in the USFL and wasn't remembered at all for that.

In the college ranks, Lou Holtz SUCKED at South Carolina, so did/is Spurrier, do you see the NCAA not letting them into the Hall because of their failure to make that program into a winning one?

His stock can really only go up if he coaches the Browns, I don't see it going down if he doesn't do well.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-22-2008, 03:46 PM
[I]Jan 29, 2008
The Browns would be much better off to call up Art Modell to apologize and beg him to lift the curse he left on them.

Art can go to hell..seriously..dudes the biggest scumbag..I wish nothing but bad things on that a-hole.

Crushzilla
11-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Doubt it...Not comparing him to Lombardi..but Lombardi had a pretty forgettable year with the Redskins..George Allen coached in the USFL and wasn't remembered at all for that.

In the college ranks, Lou Holtz SUCKED at South Carolina, so did/is Spurrier, do you see the NCAA not letting them into the Hall because of their failure to make that program into a winning one?

His stock can really only go up if he coaches the Browns, I don't see it going down if he doesn't do well.

There is no convincing us...

You can't have our coach!

Call.... Art Shell.... or someone...

T&B fan
11-22-2008, 05:38 PM
He stays on TV till Carolina or Titans job opens up . and then maybe he gos . and it will cost big :dollar: .. as for the Hall hes in to many years a winner over all and 1 SB will put him in :thumbsup:
he will find out that the Rooneys are the only owners to work for :drink:

Preacher
11-22-2008, 05:52 PM
He stays on TV till Carolina or Titans job opens up . and then maybe he gos . and it will cost big :dollar: .. as for the Hall hes in to many years a winner over all and 1 SB will put him in :thumbsup:
he will find out that the Rooneys are the only owners to work for :drink:

I think it will have to be the perfect deal for BIll to come back. That deal would have to include a team that has potential, but needs identity, not too far away from his home, and gives him time with his family.

Not sure how long his daughter is still in school, but when that is completed, is when he may come back to coaching.

Steel Duck
11-22-2008, 06:18 PM
This rumor has been going on since Dec 2006...Don't believe me? Look at these search results..and check the dates when the articles were written.....
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7HPIA_en&q=bill+cowher+browns

I ain't buying it.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-22-2008, 06:33 PM
There is no convincing us...

You can't have our coach!

Call.... Art Shell.... or someone...

HEY! He was ours first! lol. :flap:

I got you though..No to Art Shell..He can coach the raida's for the third time as far as I care.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-22-2008, 06:44 PM
This rumor has been going on since Dec 2006...Don't believe me? Look at these search results..and check the dates when the articles were written.....
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7HPIA_en&q=bill+cowher+browns

I ain't buying it.

Its been specaluated a lot, thats from damn sure...

Mind you....he wanted the gig in 1990, but Moddell gave it to the hoodie, and he went to coach you guys...we're still reeling from that.

In '99, the Browns were desperate for a coach and were willing to try and sign him, fortunately for you guys..the Rooneys extended his contract.

Big Ben has said in an interview before that Cowher if he were to come back, would could back to Cleveland.

Someone else has mentioned that when he went to a Cleveland Auto show, he'd be intrested if the opprotnuity arose.

It's very much possible...but..I really can see him quietly declining it in January.

silver & black
11-22-2008, 07:31 PM
HEY! He was ours first! lol. :flap:

I got you though..No to Art Shell..He can coach the raida's for the third time as far as I care.

No he can't! :banging:

Aussie_steeler
11-22-2008, 08:17 PM
I personally wouldnt mind seeing Cowher go to Cleveland.

Currently I think there are too many coaches that are not up to NFL standard and as a result some teams are just uncompetitive.

Having Cowher coach in the NFL again has to be better than having him out of the game.

Even if he signed with the Lions or Bengals I wouldnt complain. It would only make the standard of football better and ultimately better viewing for the fans.

Yes as a Steeler fan it would be preferrable not to see him in the AFC North but at the end of the day quality opposition and competition can only make a player and a team get better. Six hard nosed divisional games really toughen a playoff bound team.

Meaningless Mickey Mouse games are only useful for padding team and individual stats and for fans gloating on forums.

Get Cowher back into the NFL ASAP.

T&B fan
11-22-2008, 08:31 PM
anyone know what kind of $$ he is getting for the TV gig hes got now ??

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-22-2008, 08:55 PM
anyone know what kind of $$ he is getting for the TV gig hes got now ??

about a million from what I've heard...

WWIIOwheelz
11-22-2008, 09:24 PM
For the money, he'd do it. I'd love to see him coach again, honestly, even if it was with the Browns. I've missed the wonderful rivalry we had with the Browns for so long. It just hasn't been the same with the "new" Browns, IMHO, but it's certainly made the Ravens rivalry stronger than it ever would have been under normal circumstances.

I like Coach Tomlin as the Steelers coach, and I think Cowher going to the Browns would be good for football. It would bring all new meaning to games with the Browns from now on!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-22-2008, 09:45 PM
For the money, he'd do it. I'd love to see him coach again, honestly, even if it was with the Browns. I've missed the wonderful rivalry we had with the Browns for so long. It just hasn't been the same with the "new" Browns, IMHO, but it's certainly made the Ravens rivalry stronger than it ever would have been under normal circumstances.

I like Coach Tomlin as the Steelers coach, and I think Cowher going to the Browns would be good for football. It would bring all new meaning to games with the Browns from now on!

The Rivalry with you guys is one of the best, sort of a Pro-version of OSU-Meatchicken (though I don't think it quite matches that lol.), been waiting a long time for the Browns to really "come back", and beat Pittsburgh, and be competitive year and year out. I don't think Romeo "gets it", to him its another game. Phil "F*** off" Savage may get it a little bit, but he's not in charge of motivating the troops.

The advantage to having Cowher on the Browns sideline, the guy has been on both sides and understand what a Victory means in both Pittsburgh and in Cleveland. It would jack the rivalry back up to unheard of levels. And lets face it, wouldn't you guys rather have a game against the Browns to look forward to and hate on then, and battle for the North Title, than lets say, the Rats or Kitty-Cats.

Even if its not Cowher as the next Coach, the next guy has to understand that.

WWIIOwheelz
11-22-2008, 11:43 PM
And that's just what I mean--- it hasn't been the same since the Browns have been back, and I miss it. It would officially renew the rivalry in our hearts, and that's been the only place it's been lacking. We still hate the Brownies, but it feels much more like just going through the motions than it used to.

It would be good for football in both towns, no doubt about it.

KeiselPower99
11-23-2008, 09:54 AM
I have Sports Time Ohio on my dish and the are throwing every reasonout there why Cowher would come to the Browns. If someone throw themselves at me with 10 million a year I think I would jump myself. If he goes there and dosent win its the same ol story for the Browns and Cowher has egg on his face. Someone even brought up he was in contention for the Browns job that Belicheat got and he "settled" for the Steelers. Yes he played fot the Browns but got to go home with us. Carolina Philly and Kansas City are better fits for the chin.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2008, 09:34 PM
My newest opinion on Cowher

He'll be looked at very hard for the San Diego job.

Norv is going to get booted and then, the GM may also be on the hot seat with some of the bone head power plays he's made lately.

Cowher in SD is a good fit if he can get control of player personel decisions.

jjpro11
12-07-2008, 09:45 PM
My newest opinion on Cowher

He'll be looked at very hard for the San Diego job.

Norv is going to get booted and then, the GM may also be on the hot seat with some of the bone head power plays he's made lately.

Cowher in SD is a good fit if he can get control of player personel decisions.

not sure if he'd go all the way out to the west coast.. i think kansas city is a much more realistic option. thats not to say SD wont pursue him, but if the money is on the table from both cities, he'd go to KC.

revefsreleets
12-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Steelers fans have repeatedly demonstrated that they cannot take a nuetral stance on this subject and simply refuse to believe that Cowher is coming to Cleveland.

He is. And he'll have success there. It's the perfect scenario, and I guarantee if he takes the job it's because he has some kind of decision making/veto power over personel. The Browns will spend big bucks. They are desperate to win. Cowher is the perfect fit. The only other team that is even a remote possibility (money-wise) is Dallas.

I've been saying it, and I will continue to say it: Bill Cowher will be the Browns next coach, and he'll take them to a Super Bowl within his first 3 years.

T&B fan
12-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Steelers fans have repeatedly demonstrated that they cannot take a nuetral stance on this subject and simply refuse to believe that Cowher is coming to Cleveland.

He is. And he'll have success there. It's the perfect scenario, and I guarantee if he takes the job it's because he has some kind of decision making/veto power over personel. The Browns will spend big bucks. They are desperate to win. Cowher is the perfect fit. The only other team that is even a remote possibility (money-wise) is Dallas.

I've been saying it, and I will continue to say it: Bill Cowher will be the Browns next coach, and he'll take them to a Super Bowl within his first 3 years.

good luck with that :wave: I think he is hapy with the TV gig .

revefsreleets
12-08-2008, 12:02 PM
good luck with that :wave: I think he is hapy with the TV gig .

Yup. And he also won't move from Carolina, and he's too loyal to the Rooneys, and yada yada yada...

Bill Cowher is about two things: The money and competition. The Browns will pay, and making them into Champions will test his mettle to the fullest. Taking the Browns to the promised land also secures his legacy and a place in Canton.

Dino 6 Rings
12-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Yup. And he also won't move from Carolina, and he's too loyal to the Rooneys, and yada yada yada...

Bill Cowher is about two things: The money and competition. The Browns will pay, and making them into Champions will test his mettle to the fullest. Taking the Browns to the promised land also secures his legacy and a place in Canton.

I just see other opportunities for him that don't involve the Browns.

If he goes to Cleveland, good for him, how adorable him trying to do what no other man has been ever to do. Take the Browns to a Superbowl. How cute.

Look around the league and look at the other options. Browns are a mess, where is the talent he's going to take to a SB in three years?

Cowher took over the Steelers in 1992. How many of his Starters on the 1995 team did he actually draft?

O'Donnell, drafted in 1990. Ok so he gets Quinn now.
Center Dawson, 1988 draft pick
Kevin Greene, free agent signing.
Greg Lloyd, 1987 Draft pick
Carnell Lake 1989 Draft pick
Rod Woodson 1987 Draft pick
Thigpen 1991 Draft
The Entire O-line minus Searcy, drafted Prior to Cowher taking the job.

He gets credit for Kirland, Bam Mooris and Chad Brown.

However, there was lots of Depth and skill already on the roster.

Now compare it to the Browns. How many studs on their defense? Their Offense?

I see potential for more talent already on the roster in places like Kansas City and San Diego.

revefsreleets
12-08-2008, 12:41 PM
KC and San Diego will NEVER pay him 9 million.

Dallas would. Redskins would. MAYBE the Giants. Are any of those teams looking for a coach?

Cleveland is. This opportunity is NOW....it would be at least another 3 years before they'd be looking again. Need I remind people that Cowher has quite publicly stated that the Cleveland job would be his first choice?

Steelers fans are the only people who can't see this happening, and that should tell you all you need to know.

As far as talent, the Browns still have a good OL. They have skill players in Braylon and Winslow and Stallworth. Lewis is a strong power back. Quinn is their QB of the future. The offense needs tweaking, and they have a base with which to start on D. Next years draft will be ALL D if Cowher goes there. They get healthy, bring in a couple key FA's, draft well and they are definitely a 10 win team next year. Give him a couple more years to draft/build on and they can be just as competitive as any team in the league.

Dino 6 Rings
12-08-2008, 12:52 PM

Dallas would. Redskins would. MAYBE the Giants. Are any of those teams looking for a coach?

Cleveland is. This opportunity is NOW....it would be at least another 3 years before they'd be looking again. Need I remind people that Cowher has quite publicly stated that the Cleveland job would be his first choice?

Steelers fans are the only people who can't see this happening, and that should tell you all you need to know.

As far as talent, the Browns still have a good OL. They have skill players in Braylon and Winslow and Stallworth. Lewis is a strong power back. Quinn is their QB of the future. The offense needs tweaking, and they have a base with which to start on D. Next years draft will be ALL D if Cowher goes there. They get healthy, bring in a couple key FA's, draft well and they are definitely a 10 win team next year. Give him a couple more years to draft/build on and they can be just as competitive as any team in the league.

You're being Goofy.

Lewis is done. He couldn't even run against the Colts yesterday.
What Base on Defense? The Corners? The Safety? One fat slob free agent on the Dline? They have a very good Left Tackle that they drafted in the 1st round. Everyone else on the team is a putz. Their QB Quinn, when exactly is he playing? 1st year and he's already out for the season. I fear not the Quinn.

Winslow is the kind of "talent" that Cowher isn't going to keep around. He hates locker room poison. You say SD would never pay him 9 million. I disagree with that.

10 win team next year? Goofy I say, you're being Goofy.

revefsreleets
12-08-2008, 12:58 PM
The beauty of this is this hiring will happen pretty fast after the Browns season is over, so I won't have to wait a long time to tell you "I told you so".

I'm thinking they fire Crennel Sunday afternoon and hire Cowher that Tuesday.

Dino 6 Rings
12-08-2008, 01:02 PM
The beauty of this is this hiring will happen pretty fast after the Browns season is over, so I won't have to wait a long time to tell you "I told you so".

Hey, if you're right, god bless. I'll root against Cowher and the Browns if that's what it comes down to. It won't bother me to see him in a Browns shirt anymore than it would to see him in a Cowboys shirt, Chargers Shirt or Panthers Shirt. Whatever he decides to do, god bless him. I hope he loses if he isn't wearing Black and Gold.

Besides, he only got me 1 ring. He isn't Chuck Noll (pause for the angelic music)

KeiselPower99
12-08-2008, 02:04 PM
I dont see him anywhere other then Carolina Philly or K.C. Browns fans admit it Marty is your next coach.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-08-2008, 02:40 PM
I dont see him anywhere other then Carolina Philly or K.C. Browns fans admit it Marty is your next coach.

Marty didn't sound all the intrested in coming back, from the sirius radio show he did in the morning from what I've heard.

Said, theres only about a 10% chance of that happening, and said he'd only consider that after the Browns offered him 30 million. He said its nothing against cleveland pretty much, just that he's tired of moving his family around and thinks they need a break.

He doesn't need us, its moreso we that need him.

I can't really fault the guy there, have a nice retirement marty. :), and heres hoping you make the Hall Of Fame in a few years.

I think its really just Cowhers choice at this point whether to take the job or decline it. All loyaltys aside, if someone offers you 50 mil., a chance to call the shots in the franchise, and be high up in the organization, an uncapped year coming up, an owner thats loaded with cash and is willing to give you a blank check to get and keep whomever you wanted talent wise and have a young QB to work with in BQ, All things that he would he would want. I find it difficult that he wouldn't at least entertain the idea. Loyalty is one thing, but everyone has their price in this world,

But again, as I said for Marty, Cowher really doesn't need us at this point, we need him, and we'd be very willing to pay out the wazoo if thats who Randy wants.

KeiselPower99
12-08-2008, 03:48 PM
If Savage gets canned then Cowher is your coach if its only Romeo then its someone else.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Maybe he will come coach at Auburn?

Dino 6 Rings
12-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Maybe Detroit takes a hard look at Cowher, they'd probably let him be the GM and Coach at the same time now that Matt Millan is gone.

Big D
12-08-2008, 06:07 PM
I would lose all respect for cowher if he went to the browns.

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 06:28 PM

If Dallas doesn't at least get to the NFCCG, I would venture to bet that Wade Phillips will be out of a job, and even a NFCCG appearance might not be enough. Jones is not known for his patience. Losing yesterday, and not only that, but the way they lost it - the same way they've lost so many games at this time of the year in previous seasons, didn't help his stock either.

SteelCityKing
12-15-2008, 07:27 PM
i JUST watched a thingy-majigger on ESPN MNF with Chris Berman talking about the Cleveland Browns talking to Bill Cowher about a coaching position!? am i retarded on what i heard or was it actually true!? WTF!?

discuss...

Hapa
12-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Yea it's true. Go to the NFL Football section on the forum theres a thread about it.

SteelCityKing
12-15-2008, 07:32 PM
thanks. i'm dumb. haha!

SteelCityKing
12-15-2008, 07:37 PM
ummm...i can't find it dude. help. me dumb.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-15-2008, 07:48 PM
i JUST watched a thingy-majigger on ESPN MNF with Chris Berman talking about the Cleveland Browns talking to Bill Cowher about a coaching position!? am i retarded on what i heard or was it actually true!? WTF!?

discuss...

Eh..I'm not sold on it yet.

I'd love for it to happen though.

SteelCityKing
12-15-2008, 07:52 PM
oh yeah!? i'd love for you to shut the hell up. stupid face. haha!

i don't see it happening either. i think Bill has too much pride to take a job like that. if anything, Bill should come back to Pittsburgh as offensive coordinator. i think it'd be nice...but i probably wouldn't work.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-15-2008, 07:55 PM
oh yeah!? i'd love for you to shut the hell up. stupid face. haha!

The rivalry speaking again? :flap:

If someone offered you 8 million dollars a year, would you coach the browns? It's not about pride..its about money :)

SteelCityKing
12-15-2008, 07:58 PM
The rivalry speaking again? :flap:

If someone offered you 8 million dollars a year, would you coach the browns? It's not about pride..its about money :)

if it was 8 million guaranteed...i'd coach them into the ground. i mean, they're halfawy there anyways! haha!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-15-2008, 08:02 PM
I suppose it could happen, but do the folks in Cleveland really want a head coach who's loyalties lie in Pittsburgh?
http://www.cowherpower.com/images/cowhertowel.jpg :tt02:

I do...and so does these folks.

http://cowher09.com/

He has cleveland loyalties as well, not as obvious as the Pitt. one, but I think he respects both cities.

HometownGal
12-15-2008, 08:03 PM
I can almost guarantee Bill Cowher will NEVER coach the Browns. He seems quite comfortable as an analyst and besides - Kaye would kick his ass all the way back to the Carolinas if he even thought about it.

SCK - can you PLEASE stop with the brackets in your thread titles? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

SteelCityKing
12-15-2008, 08:06 PM
i just don't think it'll happen. i love seeing Clevelandnites fighting to save their sports figures from a dismal city by the sea of shit. i think Cowher has brains over money. that'd be a dumb move on his part. they should resign Romeo Cornhole and keep the dynasty of the Shitland Browns alive. =)

SteelCityKing
12-15-2008, 08:08 PM
I can almost guarantee Bill Cowher will NEVER coach the Browns. He seems quite comfortable as an analyst and besides - Kaye would kick his ass all the way back to the Carolinas if he even thought about it.

SCK - can you PLEASE stop with the brackets in your thread titles? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

UGGHHH FINE! i forgot that you all hate that. sorry. :chuckle:

Edman
12-15-2008, 08:33 PM
The reasons Cowher left Pittsburgh was because of his Carolina Home, and his wife.

Kaye wouldn't appreciate her husband leaving Sunny Carolina for Shittown.

SteelCityKing
12-15-2008, 08:40 PM
yeah...even someone has great as Cowher has a wife backing him up and making decisions for him. haha!

dude, i didn't even know Cowher's wife's name. maybe i heard it and forgot! haha!

my girlfriend is from Plum. it's about 10 minutes from Pittsburgh and she played softball against Cowhers daughters and soccer against Lamberts daughters. kinda of cool...and random. haha!

BlastFurnace
12-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Don't look now, but Peterson (Kansas City's GM) just resigned in KC. Herm's firing is sure to happen soon. Cowher has roots in KC also. Why wouldn't he go there where he has roots as well.

BlackAndGold4Ever
12-15-2008, 10:45 PM
I don't see Cowher coaching again in 09. He may eventually come back though, and god I hope its not to the clowns :)

jjpro11
12-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Don't look now, but Peterson (Kansas City's GM) just resigned in KC. Herm's firing is sure to happen soon. Cowher has roots in KC also. Why wouldn't he go there where he has roots as well.

i always thought that would be where he would ultimately end up.. that or washington.

bratsinmybelly
12-16-2008, 01:03 AM
Go ahead and get excited Cleveland. BC will probably be your coach.
You too can have 10+ years of getting agonizingly close to greatness, but falling just a bit short. If 11-5 records and playoff losses are your wish, Cowher is your genie.

BlastFurnace
12-16-2008, 01:08 AM
Go ahead and get excited Cleveland. BC will probably be your coach.
You too can have 10+ years of getting agonizingly close to greatness, but falling just a bit short. If 11-5 records and playoff losses are your wish, Cowher is your genie.

Most fan's of other teams would take that deal in a heartbeat. Heck, I like my team to be in the thick of things every single year as well. Cowher did that with us, will do that again with another team. It eventually got us our 5th ring.

Let's face it. We are very fortunate as Steelers fans to be in it nearly every single year. My best friend, who is a lifelong Bengals fan, told me the other day that...although he hates the Steelers...he really envies us as fans because we have (consistency) what he desperately wants.

There is nothing worse than going into season after season knowing your team is going to stink. My favorite baseball team is like that...so much so...that I would consider breaking .500 a rousing success.

HometownGal
12-16-2008, 07:59 AM
I don't see Cowher coaching again in 09. He may eventually come back though, and god I hope its not to the clowns :)

He may eventually return to the sideline as a HC, but it won't be in Cleveland. The Browns are going to want to hire a HC after the season, as I believe Crennel will be shown the door, but it isn't going to be The Chin.

SCK - thank you! :drink:

Fire Haley
12-16-2008, 08:20 AM
ummm...i can't find it dude. help. me dumb.

10 pages

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=29636&page=6

Vincent
12-16-2008, 10:13 AM
I couldn't fault him if he took $8M/yr.

But what makes me wonder is all we hear about the quality of life he has enjoyed since retiring. The TV job suits him and he seems to enjoy it. They are giving him more of a role, so they must like him as well. He's taking piano lessons. Life in NC is really good.

He has enough personality and cachι to build his franchise into something of Madden proportions, if he's so inclined. I don't think Madden goes on forever in the booth. He's seriously old at this point. Cowher would be great in one of the marquee booths.

Madden makes between $15-20M (per Forbes). Cowher has decent management. And I think they're grooming him for bigger things. "Cowher 0-10". Its in the game.

CB1977
12-16-2008, 10:56 AM

Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day!!

If Cowher takes the job in Cleveland, it will sure be a challenge to him but, he is the one that can pull this team up from the basement and give Cleveland some credibility as a real football team. Also, he is the type of coach that some of these players on this team need; someone with discipline and someone that isn't afraid to scream at a player if he screws up. Not like Romeo...pat them on the back and tell them that it's ok if you made a mistake...etc. We need someone with a backbone and a set of balls to run our team.

Bill, please come back to Cleveland!!!!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Most fan's of other teams would take that deal in a heartbeat. Heck, I like my team to be in the thick of things every single year as well. Cowher did that with us, will do that again with another team. It eventually got us our 5th ring.

Include me on the list of wnating to be consistantly at ..500 or above year and year in and year out.

You don't have to be the '85 Bears or '78 Steelers one year to make it now, you simply have to make the playoffs and hope to get hot, thats what happened with the '05 Steelers.

I just want a team that consistantly has a chance to at least make the playoffs and beat the Stillers, and I believe that Cowher or Marty would be able to do it.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-16-2008, 11:28 AM
So according to Clayton.

The Jets, 'skins and KC.

I'm just shocked the Jets would give up on a coach that has improved them from last year, same with the Skins somewhat.

and KC is really going to have the break the bank to match anyone else's offer.

Vincent
12-16-2008, 11:52 AM
I just want a team that consistantly has a chance to at least make the playoffs and beat the Stillers, and I believe that Cowher or Marty would be able to do it.

That is a reasonable hope for any fan.

Frankly, I think a Cowher administration on Lake Eerie would be a good thing. There would be a lot of intrigue in what would certainly be a rivalry between BC and MT. Judging the way MT has comported himself to this point, it would be gentlemanly. While I want us to win every game by 100 points, just beating the hell out of the stains every outing doesn't do much for the thrill of the sport.

The AFCN is us and the rats anymore. Yeah, owning the rats this year was good, but I think the quality of the product suffers when the division has such weak opponents. Harken back to the 70s when we had the Oilers, and decent stains and bunghole teams. Or when we banged heads with the rats, fags and tuxedos. There were some really great games because of the level of competition.

I would like to see how far BC can go in his broadcast career. Wouldn't mind seeing Marty return to Cleveland.

Dino 6 Rings
12-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Didn't Cowher kind of kill this thread when he broke out a terrible towel this weekend during the picks segment of the TV show he does pre-game?

I mean really. You think he'd "stab" the Rooney's like that.

Detroit. That's what I smell in his future. He'd have complete control with a very laid back ownership that is Loyal to Matt Millan of all people.

Sound familiar?

chucoblack&gold
12-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Didn't Cowher kind of kill this thread when he broke out a terrible towel this weekend during the picks segment of the TV show he does pre-game?

I mean really. You think he'd "stab" the Rooney's like that.

Detroit. That's what I smell in his future. He'd have complete control with a very laid back ownership that is Loyal to Matt Millan of all people.

Sound familiar?

When he took out the towel and wiped away the ravens statistics, I got goosebumps!!:applaudit:

Cowher still bleeds black and gold!!

Fire Haley
12-16-2008, 01:04 PM
My new rumor is Cowher will go to the Jags.

Del Rio took over in 2003

2003 Finished 5-11 No divisional title, playoff victory, AFC title, or Super Bowl title

2004 Finished 9-7 No divisional title, playoff victory, AFC title, or Super Bowl title

2005 Finished 12-4 No divisional title, playoff victory, AFC title, or Super Bowl title

2006 Finished 8-8 No divisional title, playoff victory, AFC title, or Super Bowl title

2007 Finished 11-5 No divisional title, AFC title, or Super Bowl title

2008 Finished 4-12 No divisional title, playoff victory, AFC title, or Super Bowl title

----------------------

Cowher

He'll cure all your ills, he's the new messiah, afterall.

Dino 6 Rings
12-16-2008, 01:13 PM
I think Cowher goes NFC first and foremost.

A team that the Steelers won't have to face but maybe once every 3 years or so unless they play in the Superbowl

He gets his pick.

Detroit will pay him enough, cause they'll pay him to be coach and GM if he wants. That's a double salary. Washington, although Cowher may not want to work for a guy like Snyder. Dallas? No freaking way. Jerry Jones is not a good boss at all. Maybe San Fran if Singletary doesn't get loved on by the owndership out there and skips for a new gig. Seattle is possible as well, although the Northwest doesn't seem like a good fit for Cowher.

St Louis, with a Solid Running back, pretty good offensive weapons, and just a real change needed on defense and in the locker room may have him interested.

But the AFC? I just don't see it. Doesn't make sense to go to Cleveland.

Outside shot, The Chargers. That's the only AFC Team I see Cowher coaching for.

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 02:22 PM
I say as long as he's with Mrs. Chin, he won't be back coaching.

dude, why do you have a picture of a gothic Adrien Brody on your post!? haha!

i just don't want Cowher to take a crap on his legacy. i hope he doesn't go. if anything, he should take over Bruce Arians spot next season. *sigh* wishful thinking. haha!

KeiselPower99
12-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Kansas City. Im telling ya.

revefsreleets
12-16-2008, 04:07 PM
LOL...none of the aforementioned teams has anywhere near the pockets too write him the check he's seeking.

KC? Detroit? St. Louis? San Diego? None of those teams will pay more that maybe 3-4 million a year.

xfl2001fan
12-16-2008, 04:08 PM
So according to Clayton.

The Jets, 'skins and KC.

I'm just shocked the Jets would give up on a coach that has improved them from last year, same with the Skins somewhat.

and KC is really going to have the break the bank to match anyone else's offer.

What's funny is that many people forget just how competitive the Jets were two years ago. Playoff team that took it to NE before losing out. Then there was the stinker last year. This year, they're competitive again (although I'm sure schedule as a lot to do with it.)

So the coach has two decent years sandwiching one bad one...and people are ready to oust him? Sad...very sad...

Stlrs4Life
12-17-2008, 04:52 PM

I ain't buying it.

Exactly. Media starts all this BS and people start believing it. If Cowher comes back to coach, it will be to the biggest bidder, and he would also want GM duties also. So that means they would have to get rid of Phil Savage, highly doubt they do that,.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Cleveland fans recruiting Bill Cowher to lead Browns

BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Launched over profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltertails by two fed-up Browns fans, a website calling for Bill Cowher's return to Cleveland has bloomed into a full-blown movement by thousands.

"We knew we had to do something," said Ryan Martz, co-founder of Cowher09.com, designed to "unleash the power of Cowher" and make the iconic chin the Browns next coach. "After years and years of losing and seeing the same bad product, we deserve a winner in Cleveland. Fans have had enough."

Since it's debut in September, Cowher09.com has grown into a home base of support for Cowher, who is believed to be at the top of Cleveland's wish list to replace Romeo Crennel.

Browns owner Randy Lerner is waiting until after the season before deciding on Crennel's future, but it's likely he'll replace the former defensive coordinator who is just 24-38 in four seasons, three of which have ended with double-digit losses and none that have included a playoff appearance.

The Browns have lost at least 10 games seven times since 1999.

Cowher has not indicated whether he's interested in a return to coaching in the NFL. He's content in his job as a pregame studio analyst for CBS, a career he began after leaving the Steelers two years ago.

Attempts to reach Cowher through the network for an interview have been unsuccessful.
He's no doubt keeping a low profile out of his respect for Crennel and other coaches in possible trouble. But Cowher may be keeping his options open since there will be several teams looking for new coaches once the season ends. Cleveland, Detroit, Kansas City, San Francisco, Oakland, St. Louis, Washington, San Diego and maybe even Dallas or the New York Jets could all be in the coaching market depending on how the next few weeks shake out.

Cleveland's situation is complicated by general manager Phil Savage's uncertain status. Savage, who joined the Browns in 2005, one month before Crennel was hired, has come under scrutiny for several mishandled issues this season ranging from his feud with Kellen Winslow over the tight end's hospitalization for a staph infection to Savage sending a profane e-mail to a fan.

Savage's future could hinge on Cleveland's coaching hire or his willingness to accept a lesser role in the organization if Lerner decides to bring in another experienced front-office executive.

Martz has marked his man: Cowher.

"He a tough guy," said Martz, a banking loan officer from Columbus who co-created Cowher09.com with partner Sam Lambert. "He's a coach who knows how to handle players and he could tell Braylon Edwards what to do and keep him in line. And, he knows the AFC North."

While with Pittsburgh, Cowher went 161-99-1, won a Super Bowl and dominated Cleveland's division. The Steelers went 21-5 against the Browns during Cowher's tenure.

Adding to Cowher's allure is his Cleveland connections. He played for the Browns (1980-82) and served as an assistant coach under Marty Schottenheimer (1985-88), another retreaded coach who could be on Lerner's radar to come back in some capacity.

Such is the sad state of the Browns that Martz and other Cleveland fans are ignoring Cowher's Pittsburgh past.

"Hey, at this point, you just swallow your pride," Martz said. "We just want a coach who knows how to win. I'm only 25 and the Browns have been terrible for most of my life. There are people who have been watching this team for 40 or 50 years. I can only imagine how they feel. After all this time, what kind of product are we buying?"

Martz's goal was to get 73,000 signatures — the number of seats at Cleveland Browns Stadium — on a petition to present to Lerner as further proof of fans' desire to get Cowher. He now has more than 11,000 names, and he'll be in the infamous Municipal Lot this Sunday before the Browns play Cincinnati looking for more people to sign while hawking Cowher T-shirts.

Martz understands there is a chance Cowher could end up somewhere other than Cleveland. But as a Browns fan, he has learned how to accept failure. That doesn't mean he can't dream big.

"We're going to do everything possible," he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/browns/2008-12-17-cowher-recruitment_N.htm

revefsreleets
12-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Again, as I have repeatedly stated, this hiring gets the Browns fans off the FO's back for at least two, maybe 3 years. He's a proven commodity, so the fans will be patient with him while he builds his team.

Savage is a bit of a red herring. Does anyone think he's not expendable? He's had more misses than hits, so he's not some ultra-valuable commodity.

This is most likely going to happen, people, so prepare yourselves accordingly...

Blonde Bomber
12-18-2008, 01:40 PM
If it came down to keeping Savage, I would definitely say goodbye to him. I think the Clownies over rated him also, what a surprise lol. A lot of his draft success is first round picks, I don't think it is all that hard to see the talent at that point of the draft.

First Round Draft Success:

(with Baltimore)

1996 OT Jonathan Ogden (4th overall) – 9 Pro Bowls

LB Ray Lewis (26th overall) – 8 Pro Bowls

1997 LB Peter Boulware (4th overall) – 4 Pro Bowls

1998 DB Duane Starks (10th overall)

1999 DB Chris McAlister (10th overall) – 3 Pro Bowls

2000 RB Jamal Lewis (5th overall) – 1 Pro Bowl

WR Travis Taylor (10th overall)

2001 TE Todd Heap (31st overall) – 2 Pro Bowls

2002 S Ed Reed (24th overall) – 3 Pro Bowls

2003 LB Terrell Suggs (10th overall) – 2 Pro Bowls

QB Kyle Boller (19th overall)

2004 No selection (pick traded to New England for 2003 19th overall pick)

(with Cleveland)

2005 WR Braylon Edwards (3rd overall) – 1 Pro Bowl

2006 DE Kamerion Wimbley (13th overall)

2007 OT Joe Thomas (3rd overall) – 1 Pro Bowl

QB Brady Quinn (22nd overall)

2008 No selection (pick traded to Dallas for 2007 22nd overall pick)

Of his Cleveland picks, Edwards wants out, and has fumble fingers this year.

Wimbley production is way down, and has not become the force he would have liked.

Joe Thomas makes Pro Bowl this year based on the lack of left handed QB's I guess.

Quinn could be a great QB, but better toughen up. One hit to a helmet? could be wrong about that, and he is out for the year???

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Quinn could be a great QB, but better toughen up. One hit to a helmet? could be wrong about that, and he is out for the year???

No his finger got hurt BAD.

Believe me he wanted to play, but after checking with the doctor they didn't let him.

I'd gladly say bye-bye to Phil if it meant getting Cowher in exchange, though the chiefs are trying to snag him away from us.

http://content.usatoday.com/topics/post/Organizations/Sports+Leagues/NFL/Kansas+City+Chiefs/60131648.blog/1

Fire Haley
12-18-2008, 02:08 PM
the chiefs are trying to snag him away from us

Chiefs
Jets
Redskins
Cowboys
Iggles
Lions
Browns

Where does the list end?

In a bidding war, I'd say.

KeiselPower99
12-18-2008, 04:28 PM
I say he holds out till Carolina fires Fox.

Fire Haley
12-18-2008, 05:23 PM
...and so it begins...

Chiefs to lead charge for Cowher, Patriots VP?
By Tom Weir, USA TODAY

It's no secret the NFL has a lot of lousy teams this season, and the case easily can be made that the winless Lions are only slightly more hopeless than the Rams, Raiders, Bengals, Seahawks and Chiefs. (We're also accepting nominations for the Browns.)

But the Chiefs appear to be the team that's getting the fastest jump on bringing in a construction crew to exterminate the termites and rebuild.

KC chairman Clark Hunt and his advisors want to get started on finding a new top executive, Edwards said, explaining that: "They wanted to be in position to where they could start the process now . . .

After talking with Hunt, Kansas City Star columnist Jason Whitlock suspects the Chiefs will lead the charge to steal away Bill Belichick's right-hand man in New England -- Patriots VP of player personnel Scott Pioli.

And the next target after that likely would be dormant coach Bill Cowher, whom we all know can't remain happy forever at NFL Today and taking piano lessons.

http://content.usatoday.com/topics/post/Organizati%20ons/Sports+Leagues/NFL/Kansas+City+Chiefs/60131648%20.blog/1

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-18-2008, 08:40 PM
...and so it begins...

Chiefs to lead charge for Cowher, Patriots VP?
By Tom Weir, USA TODAY

It's no secret the NFL has a lot of lousy teams this season, and the case easily can be made that the winless Lions are only slightly more hopeless than the Rams, Raiders, Bengals, Seahawks and Chiefs. (We're also accepting nominations for the Browns.)

But the Chiefs appear to be the team that's getting the fastest jump on bringing in a construction crew to exterminate the termites and rebuild.

KC chairman Clark Hunt and his advisors want to get started on finding a new top executive, Edwards said, explaining that: "They wanted to be in position to where they could start the process now . . .

After talking with Hunt, Kansas City Star columnist Jason Whitlock suspects the Chiefs will lead the charge to steal away Bill Belichick's right-hand man in New England -- Patriots VP of player personnel Scott Pioli.

And the next target after that likely would be dormant coach Bill Cowher, whom we all know can't remain happy forever at NFL Today and taking piano lessons.

http://content.usatoday.com/topics/post/Organizati%20ons/Sports+Leagues/NFL/Kansas+City+Chiefs/60131648%20.blog/1

If the chiefs were to try and sign him, they'd have to wait until the end of the season, just like the Browns. It's been said that if the Browns were serious in hiring Cowher or anybody else they wouldn't fire Romeo until after the season. So they are still very much intrested and in it. From the way Cowher sounded on CBS, he wants the season "to play out".

jjpro11
12-18-2008, 10:24 PM
the chiefs or redskins have been my picks this whole time for where he ends up. browns fans can get their hopes up all they want, but they should just save themselves the heartbreak when he signs somewhere else..

the browns would pay cowher what he wants, but so would pretty much any other team who needs a coach. coach salary generally isnt much of an issue for nfl franchises because it doesnt count against the cap.

warddj86
12-18-2008, 10:30 PM
I say he holds out till Carolina fires Fox.

That could be a LONG time, he is currently putting them in a position to go to the Super Bowl.

43Hitman
12-18-2008, 11:00 PM
I think as Steeler fans , we should at least be prepared for what MIGHT happen. If Cowher signs with the Browns we need to remember what he did for us and wish him all the luck, while we kick his ass!

stlrtruck
12-19-2008, 08:56 AM
I think as Steeler fans , we should at least be prepared for what MIGHT happen. If Cowher signs with the Browns we need to remember what he did for us and wish him all the luck, while we kick his ass!

I'm prepared for what MIGHT happen but I'll never wish him luck in clown town - but I'll relish in making him dream of being retired again!

revefsreleets
12-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Chiefs
Jets
Redskins
Cowboys
Iggles
Lions
Browns

Where does the list end?

In a bidding war, I'd say.

Jets- Maybe
Redskins- They'll pay, but will Cowher coach for this nut? Doubtful. Will this job be open?
Cowboys- Will they even have a vacancy?
Iggles- Is Reid retiring? They MAY pay Cowher money
Lions- WAY too cheap
Browns- Well...

I'll add KC but they are too cheap as well.

Fire Haley
12-19-2008, 01:39 PM
I'll add the Colts to the list too - I got a feeling Dungy is gone next year.

revefsreleets
12-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Really? They may win 12 games this year.

Fire Haley
12-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Didn't you see the interview he gave?

He was hinting the only reason he would be back would be to defend the title if they won the SB.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-19-2008, 02:02 PM

He was hinting the only reason he would be back would be to defend the title if they won the SB.

They'll hire within the organization..

at least thats what I would do at this point...You've got a good thing going in that organization, why mess it up by bringing in a new system?

revefsreleets
12-19-2008, 02:14 PM

Nope.

They won't pay 10 mil for a coach.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-19-2008, 02:40 PM
CERRATO: ZORN’S FUTURE HASN’T BEEN DISCUSSED

Redskins coach Jim Zorn has gone back and forth this week about whether he’s actually the worst coach in America. But while Zorn has engaged in his own discussion about the job he’s doing, the Redskins’ front office says it hasn’t had those discussions.

Redskins Executive VP of Football operations Vinny Cerrato said on his radio show today that there have been no conversations about Zorn’s status for 2009.

According to the Associated Press, Cerrato first answered “yeah,” when asked whether Zorn will be back, but then added that the matter hasn’t been discussed.

“In this building, that question has never even been brought up,” Cerrato said. “It’s never even been discussed.”

Under Zorn, the Redskins started 6-2 but are now 7-7, and that has plenty of people wondering whether owner Dan Snyder will get rid of his first-year coach — especially if he could lure a big name like Bill Cowher.But Cerrato said the front office isn’t thinking about anything beyond Sunday’s game against the Eagles.

If I'm a Redskins fan, I'm not sure if I'd want Cowher right now..I mean, Zorn isn't perfect, but what he's done with only a year under his belt isn't really all that bad, compared to a lot of other rookie coaches. He's only got a year under his belt.

The Duke
12-19-2008, 02:58 PM
When there was a rumor in the offseason that dungy was retiring the colts said they already had his replacement. Someone within the organization, maybe the oline coach or assistant head coach?

Anyway....yeah, no way cowher goes to the colts. Only team I see him going to is the brownies

Would be cool if he can get the rivalry with the steelers back on track

fansince'76
12-19-2008, 04:12 PM
If I'm a Redskins fan, I'm not sure if I'd want Cowher right now..I mean, Zorn isn't perfect, but what he's done with only a year under his belt isn't really all that bad, compared to a lot of other rookie coaches. He's only got a year under his belt.

I agree, I don't think Zorn has done a bad job - certainly not bad enough to warrant a firing. If I'm a Redskins fan, I place more of the blame for the team's slide this season at the feet of Snyder for trying to build a team through FA as opposed to the draft. You're only going to be able to do so much with a few highly-priced veterans that eat up most of the cap surrounded by a bunch of bargain basement scrubs.

Fire Haley
12-19-2008, 06:19 PM
I hope things stay the same.
Romeo and DA are the perfect team.

I miss the days of Billick & Boller, don't you?

MasterOfPuppets
12-19-2008, 10:57 PM
When there was a rumor in the offseason that dungy was retiring the colts said they already had his replacement. Someone within the organization, maybe the oline coach or assistant head coach?

Anyway....yeah, no way cowher goes to the colts. Only team I see him going to is the brownies

Would be cool if he can get the rivalry with the steelers back on trackwhat the hell is it with you guys wanting to see an improved clowns team....personally i like the current arrangement they have with the browns... two checks in the W column :thumbsup: .... the only way to actually " renew" the rivalry , is for the browns to actually beat the steelers a few times..... is that what you really want?:noidea:

jjpro11
12-19-2008, 11:45 PM
what the hell is it with you guys wanting to see an improved clowns team....personally i like the current arrangement they have with the browns... two checks in the W column :thumbsup: .... the only way to actually " renew" the rivalry , is for the browns to actually beat the steelers a few times..... is that what you really want?:noidea:

getting spotted 2 free wins every season is a nice advantage we have.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-20-2008, 08:07 AM
getting spotted 2 free wins every season is a nice advantage we have.

Four when you count that other Ohio (semi) pro team we play every year based in Shitsinnati.

revefsreleets
12-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Speaking of Zorn, I, too think he has done a nice job. If he gets shitcanned that's all the more reason for a coach like Cowher who needs time to build his team NOT to go there.

Snyder is only a tad more mentally stable than that efftard Davis out in Oakland, and Cowher is nobodies fool.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-21-2008, 02:40 PM
BROWNS WANT COWHER, NOT MARTY

FOX’s Jay Glazer reports that the Browns will not be hiring former Browns, Chiefs, Redskins, and Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer to take over for Romeo Crennel, who is sure to be fired as soon as Sunday, December 28.

Schottenheimer’s name has been mentioned as a possible replacement, but his age (65) and his links to days of unfulfilled expectations from the late 1980s likely won’t help his cause.

Glazer says that the Browns would like to land former Steelers coach Bill Cowher. We’ve previously reported that discussions have occurred (presumably through intermediaries), but we believe that Cowher would not destroy his legacy in his hometown of Pittsburgh by taking the reins of the Steelers’ arch rivals.

Instead, we think Cowher is using the Browns’ interest as a way to help keep his name at the top of the “A” list, regardless of whether Cowher is hoping to get back in this year, next year, or at some point thereafter.

If Cowher doesn’t bite on the Browns’ interest, other possibilities (per Glazer) are a package deal of Patriots (Scott Pioli/Josh McDaniels) or Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/21/browns-want-cowher-not-marty/

Isn't Florio from West Virginia so he might carry just a bit of a bias towards the Stillers, or is it just me?

Big D
12-21-2008, 02:48 PM
I promise Cowher isn't going to take over that mess in cleveland. I see him only comming back is if he can go to a team where he can we right away

RoethlisBURGHer
12-22-2008, 03:43 AM
I promise Cowher isn't going to take over that mess in cleveland. I see him only comming back is if he can go to a team where he can we right away

I agree. I don't think he wants to have to completly rebuild a team, and that's just about what needs to happen in Cleveland.

The Browns defense is still one of the worst in the league. They are better suited for a 4-3 than a 3-4. Whatever coach goes to Cleveland would be best off changing the defensive philosophies.

At the begining of the season, I felt they needed a veteran starting corner. While a trade for the Eagles Lito Sheppard can end up happening during the offseason, I think they might have a future at corner with McDonald and Wright. But they need a veteran corner to play the nickel corner spot, and Cousins isn't what they need.

They also need another linebacker or two. If they stay 3-4 they will need another ILB and they need to find an OLB who can rush the passer.

If they go 4-3, they might just draft James Laurinaitus out of Ohio State or Ray Mauga-however-it-is-spelled from USC to play MLB. That would move Jackson to the outside and put Alex Hall on the other side.

On offense, they need to get rid of this whole throw the ball deep all the time garbage they have had with Anderson. The Browns need to focus on a power run game with short and intermediate throws. Quinn fits the bill for that offense to a T. And while he doesn't have the best long ball, he can still throw down the field every once in a while once they get the defense on their heals looking into the backfield with some play-action.

If they do go that route, which is the best route for them, then if they go offense with their first round pick it would have to be the best power back in college football, Ohio State's Chris "Beanie" Wells. He's Jamal Lewis in his prime, only better.

revefsreleets
12-22-2008, 10:25 AM
First it was loyalty to Rooney, now it's the state of the team?

I think we are about 2 weeks from the announcement....

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/02/bill_cowher_is_a_hit_in_clevel.html

Bill Cowher, the long-time coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers, visited enemy territory today as the keynote speaker for the Cleveland Auto Show dealer's breakfast.

Cowher, who played for the Browns and later was an assistant under Marty Schottenheimer, stepped down as Steelers coach a year ago to spend time with his family. He was rumored as a possible candidate for the Browns job at the start of last season when there was speculation that Romeo Crennel might be fired.

In a question-and-answer session following his speech, Cowher was asked if he'd ever want to come back and coach in Cleveland.

"I'd love to come back," Cowher said. "If there's a place I'd like to come back to, this is it."

He quickly added, "Don't get me wrong. I'm not coming back."

Cowher, who worked as a pre-game host on CBS this past season, praised Crennel.

"Romeo has done the hard work and now he's reaping the rewards," Cowher said. "He's a great head coach and you (Browns fans) should support him."

As he finished his speech, Cowher received a standing ovation from the crowd. He was asked if he ever expected that to happen in Cleveland.

"No one would ever believe me if I told them it did," he said.

Fire Haley
12-22-2008, 10:28 AM
http://www.somamind.com/cowher/images/main.jpg
http://www.somamind.com/cowher/images/main-03.jpg

jjpro11
12-22-2008, 02:06 PM
First it was loyalty to Rooney, now it's the state of the team?

I think we are about 2 weeks from the announcement....

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/02/bill_cowher_is_a_hit_in_clevel.html

Bill Cowher, the long-time coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers, visited enemy territory today as the keynote speaker for the Cleveland Auto Show dealer's breakfast.

Cowher, who played for the Browns and later was an assistant under Marty Schottenheimer, stepped down as Steelers coach a year ago to spend time with his family. He was rumored as a possible candidate for the Browns job at the start of last season when there was speculation that Romeo Crennel might be fired.

In a question-and-answer session following his speech, Cowher was asked if he'd ever want to come back and coach in Cleveland.

"I'd love to come back," Cowher said. "If there's a place I'd like to come back to, this is it."

He quickly added, "Don't get me wrong. I'm not coming back."

Cowher, who worked as a pre-game host on CBS this past season, praised Crennel.

"Romeo has done the hard work and now he's reaping the rewards," Cowher said. "He's a great head coach and you (Browns fans) should support him."

As he finished his speech, Cowher received a standing ovation from the crowd. He was asked if he ever expected that to happen in Cleveland.

"No one would ever believe me if I told them it did," he said.

that was a year ago.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-22-2008, 02:38 PM
At this point..I'm not sure what direction the Browns will be going next season.

I think Romeo is gone and from the sounds of it, Phil is the real problem within the organization.

I think we may hit bottom this next coming week, and then from there we got to dig ourselves out and find a coach that gets it and a gm that works well with said coach.

I don't think anyone from Tennessee, The Pats, or the Giants would work. Which is what some of our fans have tossed as ideas the last couple of weeks. I do like McDaniels as a head coach in waiting if we get a Marty or someone like Vermiel. But as a coach off the bat? no.

I do think Marty or Cowher would be great choices but both seem like a long shot at this point.

I think Dick LeBeau might auctually do well in Cleveland with a solid GM in place, the problem is he's probably near retirement.

Holmgren may work, but I think Jerry Jones might want him.

Russ Grim may be good to get, he might carry a bitterness towards Pittsburgh for not hiring him, and could carry great into a rivalry game, but I don't think hiring someone with little head coaching experience will solve things, and its a bit of a gamble.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Some among the 35,000 who speckled the seats chanted, “Cow-her, Cow-her, Cow-her.”

Even before the game, a cluster of roving fans went through a stadium bar chanting “Cow-her, Cow-her, Cow-her.”

Did they want Cowher back as a player or a coach? He’s only 51. Maybe he’d have hit somebody.

http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/x1135114543/Browns-offense-stuck-in-big-freeze

Man, The Chin has to be eating this up right now.

revefsreleets
12-23-2008, 10:50 AM
that was a year ago.

My source was questioned. Just wanted to be clear that I was not making this up.

Fire Haley
12-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Cowher will sit out another year - write that down. (maybe waiting for Colbert to come with him?)

Cowher is NOT 'that guy' if you want him for the F.O./GM role too.

He's a rah-rah coach, a motivator.

His drafting success you can attribute to Kevin Colbert, our director of football operations, who's signed until May 2010.

Cowher is no drafting guru, he was the one wanting to pass on Big Ben - old man Rooney had to step in and overrule him to get Ben.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-23-2008, 12:35 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=3651458

Clayton is reporting the rumor that he doesn't want the Cleveland Job again.

Apparently though, Some Browns fans traced the info. and it was from a Trollish Cowboys fan about the "loyalty to the rooneys" thing.

Salary now up to 9 million. And stupid question, but would Cowher want Quinn as a QB or would he not be all that huge on him?

Fire Haley
12-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Maybe Cowher can bring Kordell back with him.

Everybody who has a coaching opening wants Cowher..why? It's more important to have good players than it is to have good coaching.

Remember how people referred to Mike Shanahan and Mike Holmgren as "geniuses"...but now that they don't have Elway and Favre as their quarterbacks, they don't seem to be geniuses anymore...funny how that works.

Cheater Bill Belichik in Cleveland...dope..in New England with Tom Brady...genius.

revefsreleets
12-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Cowher doesn't want the GM role, he just wants veto power. Not a single coach/GM has had success wearing both hats.

My guess is 5 years at 10 mil per, and he has some kind of veto power in the decision making on draft day.

Oh, and, yeah, he'll dump DA and keep Quinn.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Maybe Cowher can bring Kordell back with him.

Everybody who has a coaching opening wants Cowher..why? It's more important to have good players than it is to have good coaching.

Remember how people referred to Mike Shanahan and Mike Holmgren as "geniuses"...but now that they don't have Elway and Favre as their quarterbacks, they don't seem to be geniuses anymore...funny how that works.

Cheater Bill Belichek in Cleveland...dope..in New England with Tom Brady...genius.

If Cowher wants a Kordell as a QB, he can just use Cribbs :).He's not..uhh..what Kordell was rumored to be, only difference right there. :chuckle:

I'm not a Belichick fan in any way shape or form, but it appeared that by '94 he was molding the team into the way he wanted, our defense looked a lot better, and in '95 we were picked to be a rising team that may have went places....But when your owner announces your moving to Baltimore, the season goes down the drain really quickly. I think that maybe if Moddell would have sold the team in '94, you would have seen the Browns and Steelers battling it for the latter part of the decade.

Fire Haley
12-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Cowher doesn't want the GM role, he just wants veto power. Not a single coach/GM has had success wearing both hats.

My guess is 5 years at 10 mil per, and he has some kind of veto power in the decision making on draft day.

Oh, and, yeah, he'll dump DA and keep Quinn.

from the Watercooler

John Clayton was on Mike & Mike, ironically without either Mike, this morning. Clayton said that the Browns are going to offer Cowher $8 million/year and total control. Cowher will say no and the Browns will then increase their offer to $9 million.

Cowher apparently wants 3 things- a big contract, some control over operations, & a QB. Clayton said he would get all 3 in Cleveland, but he doesn't think his ties to Pittsburgh will let him go to Cleveland. When Stephen A. Smith, who is guest-hosting, learned the money was per year, he said "oh, he's going to Cleveland."

Clayton thinks the Jets will likely fire Eric Mangini & offer a similar package to Cowher. He feels Cowher is far more likely to wind up in New York than Cleveland, if he decides to return to coaching this year.

revefsreleets
12-23-2008, 02:14 PM
The beauty of all this speculation is that it will end soon.

tony hipchest
12-23-2008, 02:34 PM
i can see it now....

cowher goes to browns and his first HUGE free agent signing is LB James Harrison in '10.

as cowher greets james upon arrival to the compound he immediately catches staph and his career is over.

greg lloyd v.II

he wants no part of that shit. he wants to coach a team that can win. cleveland cant win. they are cursed.

cowher may be a fine gm. but i doubt he is automatically be able to assemble better talent and manage the cap better than ozzie newsome in baltimore or the rooneys/colbert in pittsburgh.

its a lose-lose situation for him.

hes smarter than that.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-23-2008, 09:07 PM
League sources say the Browns remain the odds-on choice to land Cowher, 51, who played in Cleveland and began his coaching career there under Marty Schottenheimer. But that was before the Jets' season went into free fall, before they frittered away an 8-3 record.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spglaub1223-col,0,4161245.column

Go Jets! lol.

lilyoder6
12-23-2008, 09:26 PM
but the legacy of brett farve will lure cowher to the jets... shit they alrdy have a great running game within the line rb and fb... just what cowher loves...

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-23-2008, 11:52 PM
but the legacy of brett farve will lure cowher to the jets... shit they alrdy have a great running game within the line rb and fb... just what cowher loves...

Farve is almost done I'd say, He'll be there about the same amount of time that Montana was with the Chiefs back around '93.

If I'm Cowher, I'd question the stability at that position. You know Farve is on the decline and he'd have to draft a new QB in the near future, as Kellen Clemens really hasn't been anything all that special. With the Browns he may be blessed with the luxury of having a guy in Quinn, and a backup (maybe) in Derek Anderson, or Gradkowski, both are very young. I think with the current Jets team that is there, he's really going to have to win it all his first year back, as it'll take a couple of years to recoup and have a new QB flourish in the system.

Plus the Cleveland media is a bunch of blowhards, save for a few and wouldn't be as vicious as the New York media.

Also, if I'm the owner of the Jets, with only one losing season in three years under mangini, I don't understand why you would fire the guy. If Cleveland had similiar results under RAC, I doubt you'd be hearing for his head. If I'm Cowher, I'd also take a look at how impatient the Jets could possibly be with something like that.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Steelers' Rooney: Cowher can take any job, but 'he's very happy' with CBS position

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2008/12/steelers_rooney_cowher_can_tak.html

On a side note, The Rooney's seem to be a class act and are very good at running your organization. The Anti-Art Moddell.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-24-2008, 12:48 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2008/12/steelers_rooney_cowher_can_tak.html

On a side note, The Rooney's seem to be a class act and are very good at running your organization. The Anti-Art Moddell.

A lot of guys are the anti-Art lol.

When I look at the Browns, I think it's a bigger reclemation project than a lot of people think.

One thing has been proven, all HC's need a GM. In Pittsburgh, Cowher had Kevin Colbert. Cowher had a lot of say in decided who came and who went from Pittsburgh. The final 53 man roster what in Cowher's control...unlike right now in Cleveland where Savage has total control over the 53 man roster.

So Randy Lerner would need to make some big desicions. If he keeps Savage as the GM, does he scale down the power Savage has? IMHO, Savage has gone kind of power mad. And if I were a prospective HC being interviewed by the Browns, I would want more control over my 53 man roster and my coaching staff than what Romeo has had in Cleveland. A coach needs his kind of players to be successful.

Then, once a coach is brought in and hopefully given more power in personnel desicions than what Romeo had...he needs to make some choices.

Does he stick with the 3-4 defense, or do you go back to the 4-3? The Browns are better suited for the 4-3 IMHO. It's obvious that Corey Williams has struggled as a defensive end. He flourished inside as a DT in Green Bay. So having Corey Williams and Shaun Rogers (who is a beast in both defensive alignments) both on the inside is going to be better than have Smith at DE.

Once that is decided, you have to look at your linebackers. McGinnest is probally gone after this season, either retirement or he'll play somewhere else. If it's a 3-4, they really need to find some OLB's who can rush the passer. If it's 4-3, then the coach needs to find some guys who can be pash rushers at DE (easier to find than 3-4 OLB's). They would also need a MLB. There are two that should be available in the draft this year, but they have rather different styles of play.

James Laurinaitaus of Ohio State is one of the smartest MLB's I have seen in a long time. He may not deliver a ton of highlight reel hits, but he always wraps up and can diagnose a play quickly. He's going to be a defensive anchor for a long time for whoever drafts him.

Then you have Ray Maualuga of USC. He plays a style like Troy Polamalu, he plays a lot off of instincts. He'll also make those big highlight reel hits. He will also anchor the defense of whoever drafts him, however he will have a good amount of blown tackles due to going for the crushing blow rather than simply wrapping up the other team's player.

Or the Browns can go with current rookie linebacker Beau Bell. He hasn't seen much action though and as a fourth round pick, the new coach might not want to use him as anything other than a backup.

In the defensive backfield, I like McDonald and Wright. I would focus on finding a veteran corner to play nickel CB, one better than Terry Cousins. I would also be in the market for a saftey.

As for the offense, the first thing I would do is give it an identity. Cleveland isn't domed, it doesn't play any of it's divisional games in a dome. Cleveland needs to base it's offense on the run game, a power run game. Throwing long into the winds coming off of Lake Erie won't work when it gets cold out.

The Browns would need another power back, because Lewis' time in Cleveland is almost up. After the 2009 season, he'll have one year left on his contract. With the Browns high draft pick, if I were gonna go offense, I would take Chris Wells from Ohio State. He's Jamal Lewis in his prime, only better. He's the type of back you can build your offense around.

As for QB, there's no keeping Anderson and Quinn. Anderson's forte is throwing the ball long and that wouldn't fit in the offense I'd be putting in. Therefore, I would trade him for the highest pick I can get for him.

I would give Braylon Edwards one more year. If he can get back to the player he was in 2007, then I would give him a new contract if he wanted to stay. If he didn't want to stay or didn't return to his 2007 form, I would then let him walk.

Kellen Winslow would be moved to WR. He's a liability when being asked to block, so sticking him outside as a WR since all he wants to do is catch passes anyhow would be the best way to utilize him. As for the TE position, Steve Heiden would be my starter and Martin Rucker would be my #2.

The offensive line isn't that bad, no major changes would be needed. Getting Tucker back at RG and having a healthy Eric Steinbach all season would do wonders.

tony hipchest
12-24-2008, 01:06 AM
Also, if I'm the owner of the Jets, with only one losing season in three years under mangini, I don't understand why you would fire the guy. If Cleveland had similiar results under RAC, I doubt you'd be hearing for his head. If I'm Cowher, I'd also take a look at how impatient the Jets could possibly be with something like that.one only needs to look as far as RAC, to see why they need to fire mangina. hes a whiny, barney rubble, look alike pu$$.

tomlin, smith, and even downtrodden coaches such as del rio and even marinelli have "leader" written all over them.

mangina has "giant pu$$" written all over him.
herm edwards would probably be 12-4 with this group and brett favre has got to hate playing for a coach who isnt as smart as him....

RoethlisBURGHer
12-24-2008, 02:32 AM
one only needs to look as far as RAC, to see why they need to fire mangina. hes a whiny, barney rubble, look alike pu$$.

tomlin, smith, and even downtrodden coaches such as del rio and even marinelli have "leader" written all over them.

mangina has "giant pu$$" written all over him.
herm edwards would probably be 12-4 with this group and brett favre has got to hate playing for a coach who isnt as smart as him....

Aint that the truth.

I doubt one of those players would run through a brick wall for Mangina.

revefsreleets
12-24-2008, 09:04 AM
i can see it now....

cowher goes to browns and his first HUGE free agent signing is LB James Harrison in '10.

as cowher greets james upon arrival to the compound he immediately catches staph and his career is over.

greg lloyd v.II

he wants no part of that shit. he wants to coach a team that can win. cleveland cant win. they are cursed.

cowher may be a fine gm. but i doubt he is automatically be able to assemble better talent and manage the cap better than ozzie newsome in baltimore or the rooneys/colbert in pittsburgh.

its a lose-lose situation for him.

hes smarter than that.

More denial

xfl2001fan
12-24-2008, 09:08 AM
A lot of guys are the anti-Art lol.
Amen!!!

Does he stick with the 3-4 defense, or do you go back to the 4-3? The Browns are better suited for the 4-3 IMHO. It's obvious that Corey Williams has struggled as a defensive end. He flourished inside as a DT in Green Bay. So having Corey Williams and Shaun Rogers (who is a beast in both defensive alignments) both on the inside is going to be better than have Smith at DE. A lot of Williams struggles could be attributed to him playing through a shoulder injury. I don't remember the full extent of what it was...but it was bad enough to hamper him. Still, I like him in the middle with Shaun Rogers...and possibly at DE in goalline situations (bring in one of our Smith's for the other DT in that situation).

As for linebackers...I think that if we go to a 4-3, our linebackers wouldn't be bad...because they'd have more blockers in front of them. With 4 blockers (and Shaun Rogers taking two of them on most plays) our linebackers would better be able to run free. I think our DB's aren't bad...and going to a 4-3 would "improve their play" because our front-4 should be able to create pressure on it's own. I don't care how good you are, when you give the QB the kind of time our Front-3 has given them (because we rarely blitz it seems like), it makes it real hard to maintain coverage.

The Browns would need another power back, because Lewis' time in Cleveland is almost up. After the 2009 season, he'll have one year left on his contract. With the Browns high draft pick, if I were gonna go offense, I would take Chris Wells from Ohio State. He's Jamal Lewis in his prime, only better. He's the type of back you can build your offense around.
I worry about Chris Wells health. I agree that we need a young power runner though...as J-Lew's time is pretty much up. If Beanie Wells recent injury issue was nothing more than a blip on the radar, then he might be good for us. However, I'm not sure he'll be able to hit the holes quick enough in the NFL after seeing him play this season. He'll have to improve on his initial quickness in order to succeed at the next level.

revefsreleets
12-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Amen!!!

A lot of Williams struggles could be attributed to him playing through a shoulder injury. I don't remember the full extent of what it was...but it was bad enough to hamper him. Still, I like him in the middle with Shaun Rogers...and possibly at DE in goalline situations (bring in one of our Smith's for the other DT in that situation).

As for linebackers...I think that if we go to a 4-3, our linebackers wouldn't be bad...because they'd have more blockers in front of them. With 4 blockers (and Shaun Rogers taking two of them on most plays) our linebackers would better be able to run free. I think our DB's aren't bad...and going to a 4-3 would "improve their play" because our front-4 should be able to create pressure on it's own. I don't care how good you are, when you give the QB the kind of time our Front-3 has given them (because we rarely blitz it seems like), it makes it real hard to maintain coverage.

I worry about Chris Wells health. I agree that we need a young power runner though...as J-Lew's time is pretty much up. If Beanie Wells recent injury issue was nothing more than a blip on the radar, then he might be good for us. However, I'm not sure he'll be able to hit the holes quick enough in the NFL after seeing him play this season. He'll have to improve on his initial quickness in order to succeed at the next level.

Gonna take umbrage with that last bit. He was 100% healthy for all of two games this year. Wells is as explosive of a big man as any back who ever played the game. In fact, he's such a stud, Tressel basically told him he doesn't even need to submit to any tests or evaluation for pro scouts while he considers coming out early, because the NFL guys know exactly what they've got with Wells.

If healthy, he's a 100% lead pipe lock to be a star on Sunday's from day one. IF HEALTHY.

That's definitely a concern.

tony hipchest
12-24-2008, 10:05 AM
More denialseriously revs, this wishful thinking is getting out of control.

and its based on what? an appearance he made to a bunch of used car salesmen? :chuckle:

in that case, id say he sold you and cleveland a lemon.

frankly, id much rather see cowher go to there than dallas.

the steelers legacy has been their lombardis. the first team to win 3 and then 4. nobody has more than our five and hopefully this year we will be the only team with 6.

the only team that is a realistic threat to this legacy is the cowboys (it sure as hell aint the 49ers). with cowher, this threat becomes much more legitimate.

the browns with cowher will just remain the browns, just like the bungles with cowher, would remain the bungles.

revefsreleets
12-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Let me clarify this:

I DO NOT WANT COWHER IN CLEVELAND!!!

But it is inevitable and I'm preparing myself for it.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-24-2008, 01:16 PM
It is reported that Al lerner and his inner circle have been putting together long and short lists of candidates for the Browns coaching position. Whats intriguing about the search is Savage reprtadly ISNT part of the selection group. Former Brownds coach Sam Rutigliano said on WKYC's "The Point After" show Monday night that he's been told Savage, who played a big role in bringing Crennel to town, is not in the loop, which doesnt say much about his chances of returning in a significant role, if at all. Its getting juicy already. It looks like both are gone as I dont see Savage accepting a diminished role. Stay tuned!

per Browns247

So theres another roadblock that would have prevented Bill from taking the job here gone.

They're clearing the way for him or someone else.

Fire Haley
12-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Off with their heads!

Burn the witches!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-24-2008, 03:30 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/24/favre-has-a-dead-arm/

Farve's done from the sound of this article..So Him going to the Jets because of Farve is sounding more and more unlikely

stillers4me
12-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Steelers players don't see Cowher in Cleveland

By ALAN ROBINSON – 10 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Some of his former Steelers players would love watching Bill Cowher spray another team with spittle and swear words. What they don't anticipate seeing is their former boss coaching the rival Cleveland Browns, at least not next season.

The Browns (4-11) may target Cowher to become their next coach shortly after they end their disappointing season Sunday in Pittsburgh. Coach Romeo Crennel is taking most of the blame for the collapse following last season's promising 10-6 record, and there is nothing to suggest he will be brought back.

As much as the Browns are believed to want Cowher — they probably would have displayed him on the team Christmas card if he had asked — it's difficult for some Steelers to envision him wearing orange and brown by next season.

Cowher has told former colleagues in Pittsburgh that being out of coaching is better than he envisioned; he enjoys the less-stressful life of an NFL analyst for CBS; and likes not being stuck in an office for 12 hours-plus a day much of the year.

And if Cowher chooses to coach again, he might want a team better equipped to win in the near future — much like the Steelers he inherited from Chuck Noll in 1992 — than one that's in a messy state such as the Browns.

"That would shock me (if he coached the Browns)," defensive end Brett Keisel said Wednesday. "But it's his decision. If he wants to do it, that would be great. I would get to see him a couple of more times a year, which I would like. It would be cool."

Some of Cowher's former players believe that only competition can satisfy a person as driven as Cowher, so they will never say never to a Cowher return. They have watched too many coaches turn up too many places to say it will never happen.

"If that situation arises (Cowher in Cleveland), we'll have to deal with it," left tackle Max Starks said. "This league has high turnover rates, so it doesn't surprise me when I see coaches in different places than they were before. Coaches switch positions. Our former offensive coordinator (Ken Whisenhunt) went to Arizona as the head coach. You expect to see turnover and you expect to see guys everywhere."

But Cowher, a native Pittsburgher and the jut-jawed symbol of the Steelers for years, in Cleveland? For real?

"I don't even want to think about that," wide receiver Hines Ward said.

Another question is what the Browns would have to dangle before Cowher to lure him out of a cushy job that allows him to spend most of his time in his adopted hometown of Raleigh, N.C.

Perhaps $8-10 million per year? Full control of all player personnel matters? Hiring some of his former Steelers colleagues?

Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert had a close relationship with Cowher and it is likely Cowher would want to bring Colbert with him to any job. But Colbert's contract with Pittsburgh doesn't expire until 2010 and it is uncertain if he would leave a job he likes so much even to be reunited with Cowher.

Cowher's agents have not commented this season about the Cowher-to-Cleveland rumors. The Steelers have said there was no stipulation, or even a gentleman's agreement, that Cowher would never coach the Browns or another AFC North team when he resigned after 15 seasons in early 2007.

If Cowher returns to coach against them at some point, some Steelers players plan to embrace the rivalry — and the man, too.

"I love that guy," Keisel said.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hhN6fGL984Q17Ous6XcX6fOxZnyAD959B8000

Fire Haley
12-25-2008, 11:41 AM

"More denial"

> Suit

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-25-2008, 12:44 PM

"More denial"

> Suit

The weird cop-out argument is that Big Ben said the exact opposite last year.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-26-2008, 03:09 PM
http://www.chroniclet.com/2008/12/26/browns-cowher-no-lock-to-come-to-cleveland_122/

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_604548.html?source=rss&feed=9

The Rumor..that won't die.

I'm looking forward to watching the CBS pregame show. Should be interesting to hear him say "No" to it. (my guess.)

Fire Haley
12-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Breathe deep, the gathering gloom...

Steelers' Rooney: Cowher can take any job, but 'he's very happy' with CBS position

by Tony Grossi/Plain Dealer Reporter

Tuesday December 23, 2008, 6:37 PM

CLEVELAND --- There is no agreement between the Pittsburgh Steelers and former coach Bill Cowher that would preclude Cowher from becoming coach of the Browns, Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney said on Tuesday.

But Rooney believes that Cowher will not return to coaching in 2009, with the Browns or any team.

"We got along and continue to get along, but I have never taken the position that he shouldn't coach," Rooney said in a telephone conversation on Tuesday.

"I will say to you that every time I talk to him and this subject comes up -- and the subject does come up almost every year at this time -- he says that he's very, very happy with what he's doing, where he is.

"It would not surprise me if he said he wasn't going to coach. It would surprise me the other way because he tells me that every time I talk to him and the subject comes up."

Cowher is regarded as the Browns' No. 1 candidate to replace Romeo Crennel if Crennel is released after the season.

Owner Randy Lerner said a month ago that Crennel's job will be reviewed after the season. The Browns conclude their disappointing season in Pittsburgh on Sunday in what many believe will be Crennel's last game as Browns coach.

Crennel is the only full-time coach in Browns history never to win a game against the Steelers. The Browns are 0-7 against their rivals in Crennel's four seasons, and have lost 10 in a row to Pittsburgh.

The Browns do not expect to contact Cowher until their head coaching job officially becomes open.

"I called to tell him I though he was doing a good job," said Dan Rooney, "and he said, 'I'm really liking it. We're having fun.'"

"They've got to do what they think is right for them," Rooney said.

Cowher, 51, stepped down as Steelers coach after his 15th season in 2006. At the time, he termed the departure a resignation, not a retirement.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Word has is it...Billy will meet with Randy Lerner on Wednesday, and Randy will offer him a blank check, and then Cowher will just simply say no..

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 12:42 AM
Browns | Team would like to interview Spagnuolo
Sun, 28 Dec 2008 19:31:08 -0800

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Cleveland Browns would like to interview New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo for their head coaching job after head coach Romeo Crennel is fired. The Browns will be able to interview Spagnuolo this week since the Giants have a bye.

Browns | Team may interview Blache
Sun, 28 Dec 2008 19:29:35 -0800

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Cleveland Browns may interview Washington Redskins defensive coordinator Greg Blache for their head coaching position after head coach Romeo Crennel is fired.

Browns | Team may interview Fewell
Sun, 28 Dec 2008 19:28:03 -0800

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Cleveland Browns may interview Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Perry Fewell for their head coaching position after head coach Romeo Crennel is fired.

tony hipchest
12-29-2008, 12:49 AM
youre wrong. the browns will not interview anyone.

they will hire cowher.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-29-2008, 01:00 AM
youre wrong. the browns will not interview anyone.

they will hire cowher.

I'm starting to really doubt it at this point.

I'm still praying for it, but at this point I'm sort of dim on it.

Though i do find it odd that Cowher hasn't said it himself and its been other people like Clayton and Glazer saying "he doesn't want it".

I think Lerner will maybe the only guy out there other than Al Davis, Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder willing to pay as much for Cowher services, but from the sound of things would be the only guy out of that group to give him the most power within the organization.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Yeah, this Tony Grossi is just putting up a smokescreen.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Yeah, this Tony Grossi is just putting up a smokescreen.

Perhaps..

I remember reading that back in 1990, when Belichick was hired here in Cleveland, Art invited Cowher as well. Belichick was the first to arrive, and sent a private limo for him and escorted him away from the press...Treated him like Royalty and had him avoid the press. Cowher was the exact opposite and he had to ride along with a TV news crew to get to Berea to interview for the job..

Maybe this is a similar situation?

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-29-2008, 02:00 AM
I'm a bit obsessed about this, but here's all that I just heard.

Local news around here pretty confirming that minority candidates this coming monday-tuesday to make sure they fit the Rooney rule, and then Cowher will be brought in on Wednesday, and if he does say "no" like reported, the Browns will hustle over to bring in Pioli and hire him quickly, as to beat everyone else to the punch, and then following that, Pioli would most likely hire McDaniels from New England (who did not make the playoffs ;))

As much as I'm not thrilled with the New England Retread Idea, thats looking like the most likely to happen. And here comes the part at me gasping at Straws. Though it was interesting that since November 30th, when Boomer and the rest were teasing him about it, Cowher has not mentioned his possibility of being a Browns coach. He has never once said anything to confirm or deny his interest in coming back to coach any franchise what-so-ever. And that the talk of him "not being interested" have all come from people like Florio, Glazer, and Clayton, who can be wrong on occasion. But at the same time, their is rumors of him signing a 7 fig. contract with CBS, But there is NOTHING I've found to back that up.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-29-2008, 02:12 AM
Yeah, Peter King also said what you are saying that Cowher is their first choice and expected to say "no thanks". Then Pioli will search out some candidates. King is wrong too. Its all just denial from the media......Cowher will be the choice.

I think McDaniels would be a good fit for a young QB like Quinn, but there is a lot of speculation that where he goes....Cassell goes.

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 08:06 AM
New coaches in Cleveland? It doesn't matter.

I remember the chest-thumping at the beginning of the season when Browns fans were heaping praise on Romeo and Phil as the new saviors for the Browns organization and that they would lead the team to the SB, THIS YEAR.

DA, Romeo, Savage - from heros to zeros in a few short months.

'The Curse' is alive and well in Clowntown, I say.

xfl2001fan
12-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Like most Browns fans, I'm zeroeing in on this one.

I heard a rumor that Crennel may come back as a DC...especially if Pioli gets hired. Personally, I don't care...I just want someone who will be more aggressive than we were these past two seasons for our defense. Too many 3-man rushes...which will never work in the NFL.

At least we still have the Cavaliers. :(

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Like most Browns fans, I'm zeroeing in on this one.

I heard a rumor that Crennel may come back as a DC...especially if Pioli gets hired. Personally, I don't care...I just want someone who will be more aggressive than we were these past two seasons for our defense. Too many 3-man rushes...which will never work in the NFL.

At least we still have the Cavaliers. :(

Yeah, but you still have to deal with the Celtics. :wink:

Honestly, do you really like Anderson Verajo or is it just because he is a Cav that you have to like him. Next to Vujicic in LA he is the player I hate the most.

revefsreleets
12-29-2008, 10:46 AM
If they don't hire Cowher (and again, for all the people who cannot seem to grasp that I DO NOT WANT COWHER IN CLEVELAND but I am preparing for the worst), I think they should take a look at Gruden, since word has it he's about to be shitcanned after going ohfer in December.

Certainly better than hiring yet another unproven coordinator.

xfl2001fan
12-29-2008, 10:51 AM

Honestly, do you really like Anderson Verajo or is it just because he is a Cav that you have to like him. Next to Vujicic in LA he is the player I hate the most.

Honestly, I like the way "Andy" plays. He's high energy...and his offense is steadily improving. I also liked the way that Dennis Rodman played...he had a role with the Bulls and he did it well. Didn't like his personality...but he played a big-man's game.

As for the Celtics, we took em 7 games last season without Mo Williams...I think we have as good a chance at a professional championship as any Cleveland team ever had across any sport.

Why do you hate him so much?

revefsreleets
12-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Honestly, I like the way "Andy" plays. He's high energy...and his offense is steadily improving. I also liked the way that Dennis Rodman played...he had a role with the Bulls and he did it well. Didn't like his personality...but he played a big-man's game.

As for the Celtics, we took em 7 games last season without Mo Williams...I think we have as good a chance at a professional championship as any Cleveland team ever had across any sport.

Why do you hate him so much?

Mo is definitely the difference...he's no Larry Hughes, as he can play defense AND score points. Mo stepping up coupled with LJ's actually playing some D this year are gonna make a world of difference.

tony hipchest
12-29-2008, 11:12 AM
cleveland owner randy lerner has announced that he spoke with cowher and was told that he has no interrest in joining the browns.

-as per sirius radio

well, that didnt take long.

lerner has asked the patriots for permission to speak with scott pioli.

-as per cleveland plains dealer report.

Leftoverhard
12-29-2008, 11:15 AM
If they don't hire Cowher (and again, for all the people who cannot seem to grasp that I DO NOT WANT COWHER IN CLEVELAND but I am preparing for the worst).

Hey, why would you want Cowher to go to Cleveland? Is there something wrong with your brain? :wink02:

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 11:59 AM
How many threads are there going to be on this?

I was right and Suit was wrong.

I am The Football God

revefsreleets
12-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Hey, why would you want Cowher to go to Cleveland? Is there something wrong with your brain? :wink02:

For some reason because I was speculating that it was going to happen and preparing for the worst, it was widely and wrongly attributed to me that i WANTED Cowher in Cleveland.

Why would I want a good solid coach in Cleveland? They've been effing up coaching decisions for YEARS now, and I hope that never changes. I enjoy having the two extra bye weeks every year.

I am ECSTATIC that I was wrong!

CB1977
12-29-2008, 12:51 PM

Any team from the New England area...:rocket::m16::monkey:

BTW...can we put this thread to rest? Mods? Can you lock it for now? It's old news.

Thanks.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-29-2008, 12:52 PM
I dont think people necessarily thought that you WANTED it to happen. It's just statements like this ....

and the dismissal of anybody who thought otherwise as people in "denial", rather than posters who had an opinion based upon an alternate reasonable hypothesis.

I think Steeler nation is happy Cowher isnt taking the job. I could care less, we would have still owned them.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-29-2008, 12:56 PM

BTW...can we put this thread to rest? Mods? Can you lock it for now? It's old news.

Thanks.
Sorry to bring up bad memories :waving: but its got nothing to do with where the team is from. Jordan killed your Cavs repeatedly, Elway owned the Browns ...and the Yankees. :noidea:

Its the mistake on the lake and there must be something in the water. At least you have the buckeyes close by to keep it from being a massive "jonestown".

MasterOfPuppets
12-29-2008, 01:01 PM

Thanks.old news ??? have they hired a coach yet ??? :noidea:

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 01:02 PM
It's great how everybody in Browntown was up Cowher's arse........now on their boards he's not even a worthy head coach.

It's time to laugh at Cleveland fans for the months of drooling over Bill, a guy they hated......then getting smacked down in the ultimate humiliation...

"I don't care how much money you got Lerner, take your job and shove it ,the Browns suck!" - Cowher

BWAhahahahaha!

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 02:07 PM
BTW...can we put this thread to rest? Mods? Can you lock it for now?

"NO!"

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20031026/cowher_57663.jpg

SteelCityMan786
12-29-2008, 02:48 PM
old news ??? have they hired a coach yet ??? :noidea:

I thought they just fired a guy who was the coach??? :noidea:

CB1977
12-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Noooooooooooo you guys....read the threads title: Report: Browns courting Bill Cowher

I wanted Bill as much as the next guy. My point was that it's not gonna happen so, move on. Geeeez, I'm trying to be friendly here and I get beat up. Sure...pick on the resident Browns fan...go ahead....I'm the easy target...I can take it. :banging:

And, while I'm PMSing here...El Gonzo, I dislike all teams and fans from the New England area. That includes your beloved Red Sox, Celtics and Patriots.

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Oh c'mon - after all the months of groveling and worshipping Cowher the minute he spits in your face you want to end the engagement?

Fickle

CB1977
12-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Oh c'mon - after all the months of groveling and worshipping Cowher the minute he spits in your face you want to end the engagement?

Fickle

OMG...I give up. I don't live in the past. I live for the future and he made it clear that Cleveland is not his future so, he's not part of mine as well...for now. Not fickle buddy, just realistic.

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 03:39 PM
What a great season, eh?

I'm having fun.

CB1977
12-29-2008, 03:41 PM
What a great season, eh?

I'm having fun.

I know you are and you should be.

Just do me a favor, I'm not a sore loser so, try not to be a sore winner. K?

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-29-2008, 04:09 PM
I know you are and you should be.

Just do me a favor, I'm not a sore loser so, try not to be a sore winner. K?

I agree with CB.

As for the Brownies and Cowher. I don't think he said what everyone is saying, I think he only wants one job and that's the Panthers, he turned down the 'skins and a whole mess of other teams, I really doubt he goes back unless it's the panthers.

"Hurr...Hurr..The Browns suck...that's whay I'm not taking that job"..doesn't sound like someone in Cowher's position would say. It sounds like something some Yinzer would say while he is wasted off of Arn City. I think it has everything in the world to do with liking the CBS gig and wanting to spend time with his family.

And I think under different circumstances, Cowher would take the job, or the Carlona one. But he's not going to take any job I think.

Moving on, I'm curious as to how Pioli will do with us, as he's pobably the most likely to take the gig.

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Chew on this

Browns | Team likely to contact Mangini
Mon, 29 Dec 2008 13:01:37 -0800

Tom Withers, of The Associated Press, reports Cleveland Browns owner Randy Lerner said he likely will contact former New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini about the team's vacant head coaching position.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Chew on this

Browns | Team likely to contact Mangini
Mon, 29 Dec 2008 13:01:37 -0800

Tom Withers, of The Associated Press, reports Cleveland Browns owner Randy Lerner said he likely will contact former New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini about the team's vacant head coaching position.

Why not? :noidea:.

I'd bring in everybody under the sun at this point. .And then keep narrowing it down, and narrowing it down.

I'd like to see Mangini as a Defensive coordinator here moreso than a head coach.

St33lersguy
12-29-2008, 04:56 PM
I agree with CB.

As for the Brownies and Cowher. I don't think he said what everyone is saying, I think he only wants one job and that's the Panthers, he turned down the 'skins and a whole mess of other teams, I really doubt he goes back unless it's the panthers.

That would be convenient wouldn't it. If that's the case then it will most likely be a while unless Fox retires or the panthers turns into the Detroit Lions fast

Smart move by Cowher. We don't want to play against twice a year + the Browns would tarnish his reputation

Fire Haley
12-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Why not? :noidea:.

I'd bring in everybody under the sun at this point. .And then keep narrowing it down, and narrowing it down..

ah - the shotgun approach

Too bad the Browns picked this year to dump Jelly Donut - suddenly lots of competition for a lot of open coaching jobs around the league. Better hurry up before the fruit tree is picked clean.

Robbinz2121
12-29-2008, 05:21 PM
I think he's content and enjoys his lifestyle to much to at the moment to come back to the stressful postion of being a head coach, for anyone.

T&B fan
12-29-2008, 05:34 PM
its over END THIS THREAD .:coffee:

KeiselPower99
12-29-2008, 08:45 PM
From Steelers Nation to the Browns fans.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA We told ya so!!!!!!!!!

lilyoder6
12-29-2008, 09:17 PM
cowher basically saying.. he doesn't want any of that shit....

CB1977
12-30-2008, 08:48 AM
its over END THIS THREAD .:coffee:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drink:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-30-2008, 10:45 AM
And, while I'm PMSing here...El Gonzo, I dislike all teams and fans from the New England area. That includes your beloved Red Sox, Celtics and Patriots.
Actually I'm just a Celtics fan in hoops. Loved the half court game and defenses of the late 70's and 80's and much like the Steelers, I lived thru the lean decade or so after the death of Len Bias.

So, do you just hate the Bulls with a passion too or all chicago sports towns too. That kind of hate isnt healthy you know. :nurse:

Fire Haley
12-30-2008, 02:06 PM
its over END THIS THREAD

"SNUBBED!"

CB1977
12-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Actually I'm just a Celtics fan in hoops. Loved the half court game and defenses of the late 70's and 80's and much like the Steelers, I lived thru the lean decade or so after the death of Len Bias.

So, do you just hate the Bulls with a passion too or all chicago sports towns too. That kind of hate isnt healthy you know. :nurse:

"Hate" is a very strong word that I don't like to use, so I say "dislike".

Did I say anything about not liking teams from Chicago? No, I didn't think I did. :wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
12-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Lerner is trying to schedule meetings with other coaching candidates, including New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, Tennessee defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, and New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, who played college ball at John Carroll in Cleveland.:noidea:

revefsreleets
12-31-2008, 09:09 AM
Shanahan in da hizzay!

tony hipchest
04-23-2012, 06:33 PM
here el gonzo, i had to bump this when i was tipped off that some PUNK was tossing around their typical rubbish again.

:toofunny:

:rofl:

^^^^^^that was then^^^^^^^

this is now-

.That shows the kind of hubris and revisionist history that is so predominant amongst some members who are just never wrong.

That whole "Cowher to the Browns" thing is a perfect example. Basically, it started because I was told by either you, or a poster who was so much like you that the difference is negligible (Maybe Tony Hipchest?), that "Cowher never said that". Well, he did. And I found the quote, and cited the source. I never said for sure that Cowher was headed to the Browns, but I did provide the quote where he said he'd love to coach there. And, as exposition, I also said Cowher would probably coach anywhere they gave him full control and 9-10 million a year. Obviously the Browns offer wasn't that rich.

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/12740-Hypothetical?p=280519&viewfull=1#post280519

silly delusional brownfans. kinda sad they turn into "revisionists" and pathological liars when proven wrong and clowned about it to this day.

Bayz101
04-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Please, for the love of GOD confront that bastard with this.

MACH1
04-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Bwaaaaahaaaahaaaaaa.............Those damned used car salesmen at it again. :chuckle:

ricardisimo
04-23-2012, 07:54 PM
Wow, this is a gem. Nice bit of archeology. What a tool that guy was.

I'm going to take my cue from Suit and start denying right now that I ever guaranteed that Mike Wallace was as good as gone this year. Damn, it is so freaking easy to be right all the time. All you have to do is claim to be right all the time. Who knew? :noidea:

tony hipchest
04-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Please, for the love of GOD confront that bastard with this.

meh. he is a clinically certifiable sociopath who would continue to lie, divert, and deflect in lieu of sacking up and taking ownership.

he is what ted bundy, charles manson, and adolf hitler been had they lacked the cajones to act upon their impulse and had the internetz to release their pent up, buried aggressions, and insecurities of inadequacy.

lets put it this way... he got into a cyberbattle with the most vile and despicable bungle troll (allegedly) to ever grace these boards, and lost the war of public opinion- to which he quit this board and vowed to never return.

after he welched on his vow, he became mortal cyber-enemies with the patfan turned steelers mod, and again, had more people supporting the patfan rather than himself, to which he again claimed he would never return prior to being banned.

i guess i am stupid. i was pretty much the only one who supported him in both instances that he made a complete assclown out of himself.

but hes a turncoat. i realized this when i didnt support him in a rep padding scheme vs the original mod group SF ever had, and he about went ballistic.

the dude is sick, and im talking carrying around the jack russell terrier in your arms 24-7, 19 pet cats having, mom making ob1 kenobi halloween costumes, for you type of sick.

nobody can confront him more than what he sees in the mirror every day. :thumbsup:

Bayz101
04-24-2012, 01:39 AM
Holy shit. Rep +

Wallace108
04-24-2012, 01:52 AM
Wait, so are the Browns getting Cowher or not? And more importantly, are they going to win the Super Bowl? :wtf:

tony hipchest
04-24-2012, 02:02 AM
well its been past 3 years but they have awesome talent to build on such as brady quinn *snicker* :chuckle: braylon edwards, and kellen winslow jr.

:rofl:

Wallace108
04-24-2012, 02:08 AM
I don't think Quinn is going to cut it. They should try to get that QB from Texas. They'd be nearly unstoppable.

tony hipchest
04-24-2012, 02:14 AM
you mean vince young? if there was ever any player he hated as much as limas sweed, it was vince young. theres no way revfrestardeets would allow that on his favorite team.

Wallace108
04-24-2012, 02:18 AM
you mean vince young? if there was ever any player he hated as much as limas sweed, it was vince young. theres no way revfrestardeets would allow that on his favorite team.

No, Colt McCoy. I read somewhere that he knows how to take a hit. As good as the Steelers D is, no way they'd ever be able to knock him around.

tony hipchest
04-24-2012, 02:21 AM
LMAO!

you are SO correct!

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Nice pull of the hypocritical past. Hey, if you are into digging........try and look up the guru's prediction of where James Laurinatis would be picked.

Buckeye guru was pretty adamant about him being a top 20 pick or something like that. He was equally disgruntled when Brian Cushing won rookie of the year instead of little animal.

vasteeler
04-24-2012, 05:03 PM
meh. he is a clinically certifiable sociopath who would continue to lie, divert, and deflect in lieu of sacking up and taking ownership.

he is what ted bundy, charles manson, and adolf hitler been had they lacked the cajones to act upon their impulse and had the internetz to release their pent up, buried aggressions, and insecurities of inadequacy.

lets put it this way... he got into a cyberbattle with the most vile and despicable bungle troll (allegedly) to ever grace these boards, and lost the war of public opinion- to which he quit this board and vowed to never return.

after he welched on his vow, he became mortal cyber-enemies with the patfan turned steelers mod, and again, had more people supporting the patfan rather than himself, to which he again claimed he would never return prior to being banned.

i guess i am stupid. i was pretty much the only one who supported him in both instances that he made a complete assclown out of himself.

but hes a turncoat. i realized this when i didnt support him in a rep padding scheme vs the original mod group SF ever had, and he about went ballistic.

the dude is sick, and im talking carrying around the jack russell terrier in your arms 24-7, 19 pet cats having, mom making ob1 kenobi halloween costumes, for you type of sick.

nobody can confront him more than what he sees in the mirror every day. :thumbsup:

let it out tony. dont hold back:rofl:

MasterOfPuppets
04-24-2012, 08:32 PM
i may be wrong, but for some reason i'm thinking revtard was really big on brady quinn.

tony hipchest
04-24-2012, 11:32 PM
...still is. :coffee:

cause you know, sweed was a bust, but quinn just caught a raw deal and just needs the right opportunity to shine. :jerkit::

MACH1
04-25-2012, 12:04 AM
i may be wrong, but for some reason i'm thinking revtard was really big on brady quinn.

And the future HOFer Ginn jr.