PDA

View Full Version : Bears starting safties injured

BB2W
12-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Mike Green could wind up starting against the Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday after it looked like he'd been sent back to the bench this week. The Bears' backup safety had lost out to backup Todd Johnson when coach Lovie Smith had to decide upon a reserve to replace starting free safety Chris Harris following last week's knee sprain.

However, starting strong safety Mike Brown suffered a pulled calf muscle in Thursday's practice and was unable to work out Friday. Brown is questionable on the injury report for Sunday's game, so Green may wind up on the field alongside Johnson in a makeshift secondary.

Green hasn't started since the season-opener against the Washington Redskins. He was benched in favor of Harris. After Friday's practice, Green said he would play free safety and Johnson strong safety if Brown is unable to play.

link-----> http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/beaconnews/sports/2_2_AU10_BRIEFS_S1.asp

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2005, 12:20 PM
That Better Be One Of The Bears Key Players. Because Then If We Have To Pass Where ever he plays, We We have Catches By Steelers Every Time. The Bears are gonna be weak.

TasmanianTroy271
12-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Great news! if Ben keeps passing like he did last week, we'll kill 'em!

Andy225
12-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Great news! if Ben keeps passing like he did last week, we'll kill 'em!

Indeed, lets hope he and heath become a wrecking crew this weekend.

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Indeed, lets hope he and heath become a wrecking crew this weekend.

Don't Forget Hines.

BB2W
12-10-2005, 03:05 PM
It willl be big if Mike Brown can't play... he's a playmaker.

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2005, 03:47 PM
I aggree With BB2W If He is in We Might Be in Jeopardy.

melroseplace
12-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Don't Forget Hines.

I completely agree...Ben, Heath and Hines will knock 'em dead :boxing:

Koopa
12-10-2005, 06:03 PM
i hope heath can get into the endzone a couple of times and i hope hines can have another 100 yard game, and i want ARE to score a touchdown whether it be on a punt return or pass from big ben

melroseplace
12-10-2005, 06:06 PM
I agree...Heath is definitely due for a couple TDs. and El needs a punt return for a TD...let's go guys, you can do it :thumbsup:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Dont be surprised to see the Steelers come out throwing again this week and test that secondary, especially in the middle of the field. Heath could have a HUGE game for us !

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Yeah Just Don't Put Ben at Risk For A Season Ending Injury.

clevestinks
12-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Brown ? Green? Whoever? All I know is Black & Gold will win!

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2005, 08:45 PM
I Don't Know How To Play Another Teams Game. I just know How We Play The Game. LET'S GO STEELERS!!!!

BigCat
12-11-2005, 02:05 AM
Not to rain on your parade here. How is Pittsburgh going to stop Chicago's front seven from rushing Ben? They're not. Ben will throw the ball up for grabs just like he did last week against Cincinnati. The only difference is there will be more incomplete passes than he had against the Bengals.

Koopa
12-11-2005, 02:08 AM
Not to rain on your parade here. How is Pittsburgh going to stop Chicago's front seven from rushing Ben? They're not. Ben will throw the ball up for grabs just like he did last week against Cincinnati. The only difference is there will be more incomplete passes than he had against the Bengals.

well it looks like we got god on the board, i guess we better contact the steelers front office and tell them not to even play cause our oline won't be able to stop the bears d and ben will suck, so no point in playing

BigCat
12-11-2005, 02:20 AM
well it looks like we got god on the board, i guess we better contact the steelers front office and tell them not to even play cause our oline won't be able to stop the bears d and ben will suck, so no point in playing
I'm not god, never said I was. But, I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.:rolleyes: And I'm saying the Bears front seven will dominate the game. :duel:

Koopa
12-11-2005, 02:23 AM
I'm not god, never said I was. But, I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.:rolleyes: And I'm saying the Bears front seven will dominate the game. :duel:

lol.........how do you know our o-line isn't gonna step up and have the best game of their lives?????

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2005, 02:33 AM
if I may join in this conversation...the bears front 7 is not invinceable by any means. our OL has been underachieving but that doesnt mean we're just gonna be dominated by you guys.

we have the heart of a champion, and this week we'll respond.. watch it and see.

Koopa
12-11-2005, 02:35 AM
if I may join in this conversation...the bears front 7 is not invinceable by any means. our OL has been underachieving but that doesnt mean we're just gonna be dominated by you guys.

we have the heart of a champion, and this week we'll respond.. watch it and see.

por favor believe it :tt: