PDA

View Full Version : New Punter

Shoes
11-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Does anyone know if we have a new one or are looking?

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-23-2008, 12:30 PM
I turned in my application the other day, I have my first interview on Tuesday.

2009ring2go
11-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Does anyone know if we have a new one or are looking?
yes we are looking. asa:rofl:p

NYC SteelersFan
11-23-2008, 04:34 PM
I turned in my application the other day, I have my first interview on Tuesday.

Can you kick it farther than 30 yards cause if you can I'll fax you a letter of reccomendation.

Preacher
11-23-2008, 04:47 PM
I say we pull a page from the Eagles notebook and hold OPEN TRYOUTS for the position for the rest of this year!!1

fansince'76
11-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Any news on Berger's hammy problem? I am hoping we'll just resign him for the rest of the season if he's good to go.

stillers4me
11-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Any news on Berger's hammy problem? I am hoping we'll just resign him for the rest of the season if he's good to go.

......fingers crossed................... :drink:

jjpro11
11-23-2008, 05:56 PM
we should pick up one of those MLS players.. their season ended today i think.

rbryan
11-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Berger isn't much better even w/o the hammy. I was cussing at him just as much as Ernster when he was in there.

They could take the best punter from yesterday's WPIAL playoffs and do better than either one of those two, hopefully somebody from to FO was scouting that.

dunkuntou
11-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Berger isn't much better even w/o the hammy. I was cussing at him just as much as Ernster when he was in there.

They could take the best punter from yesterday's WPIAL playoffs and do better than either one of those two, hopefully somebody from to FO was scouting that.

Berger doens't have the big leg but there is no way you can compare his performance to that of Paulie Shanks. That was the worst overall performance I have ever seen out of a NFL Punter.

They are going to probably bring in 5-6 guys. I hope they bring in Durant Brooks.

fansince'76
11-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Berger doens't have the big leg but there is no way you can compare his performance to that of Paulie Shanks. That was the worst overall performance I have ever seen out of a NFL Punter.

Agreed - I thought Berger was at least passable. Ernster downright sucks ass.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Can you kick it farther than 30 yards cause if you can I'll fax you a letter of reccomendation.

Maybe we can just "throw off" like in backyard football:noidea:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Why waste the roster spot on a punter.
Ben could punt pretty well.....let him punt it

This also gives up option of fake punt???

Preacher
11-23-2008, 08:23 PM

They are going to probably bring in 5-6 guys. I hope they bring in Durant Brooks.

You're absolutely right.

KeiselPower99
11-23-2008, 10:31 PM
I would bet on that Schmitt kid we was looking at from Shepard.

the_king_from_leon
11-24-2008, 07:29 AM
If only they were holding tryouts last week when I was out there......he looked awful the last couple of games! Nearly worth doing a running play as we will get the same yardage!

BozMan
11-24-2008, 08:38 AM
The one downside to bringing in yet another punter is that it would also be yet another holder for FGs and PATs. Maybe we should just promote whoever the backup holder is now to be the primary holder. That would at least give Reed, Retkofsky (sp), and the holder a little more time together.

SCSTILLER
11-24-2008, 08:43 AM
I say we pull a page from the Eagles notebook and hold OPEN TRYOUTS for the position for the rest of this year!!1

Worked out pretty well for us when we were looking for a kicker a few years back!

lilyoder6
11-24-2008, 09:01 AM
i see that there.. i mean geez those punts on thurs night were horrible, i couldnt stand 2 watch them.... i would see if anyone else on the roster can punt and then like said b4 then we have an open roster spot..

Dino 6 Rings
11-24-2008, 09:40 AM
maybe they can "dress" Pitt's punter in Berger's Jersey. The kid was also a cage fighter and karate expert so he wouldn't take any crap from the special teams units of other teams.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-24-2008, 10:05 AM
If I am not mistaken...only one punter was drafted this last year.

While looking at draft prospects last year I had Mike Dragosavich from North Dakota State ranked as the 2nd best....and Tim Reyer from Kansas State as my #3...both rated out as potential undrafted free agents...I dont believe either of them were drafted and my still be available for a tryout.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-24-2008, 10:32 AM
kdka is reporting that Berger has been re-signed,,and Ernster is gone!!

markymarc
11-25-2008, 01:00 PM
I can live with Berger being resigned only if he is healthy. I do have a complaint about how the punter situation was handled. I don't understand why you would not bring in at least 5-6 punters this time around. Right now we need an open try out and you only get that by bringing in a few punters. May the best punter win. Also, why would we not sign a young guy to the PS and keep him there just in case Berger does not work out again. Makes no sense to me. I will say this though it totally sucked when Sepulveda got injured. Can't wait to get him back healthy.