PDA

View Full Version : Pats O-Line

SFLSteeler
11-23-2008, 04:06 PM
LT Matt Light eas just ejected for getting into a fight with Channing Crowder of the Dolphins. Light threw multiple punches; what are the chances he'll be suspended for our game next week?

2nd on the delpth chart behind him is a 2nd year player. I can see Harrison licking his chops now...

Hapa
11-23-2008, 04:12 PM
I think that Matt Light might get suspended a game. He hit Crowder a few times on the back of the head while Crowder only pushed him once.

Only way I could see Matt Light not getting suspended at least one game is a completely incompetent Commissioner... oh wait, then it probably will happen.

The Duke
11-23-2008, 04:15 PM
He's a patriot, so no

Here's your chance to do something right goodell

Though silverback can take care of Light

fansince'76
11-23-2008, 04:19 PM
He's a patriot, so no

Exactly. Light will play next week. Bank it.

steelpride12
11-23-2008, 04:21 PM
He will play next week so lets see how our D plays against a good OL.

Steel_Bus_24
11-23-2008, 04:25 PM
The intensity of these games are going to heat up real fast starting next week.

The Steelers better have a sense of urgency...They aren't playing crappy teams anymore.

OneForTheToe
11-23-2008, 04:27 PM
I am actually not sure if having Light out of the game is an advantage for the Steelers. From what i have seen Light has a lot of trouble with speed rushers.

SFLSteeler
11-23-2008, 04:46 PM
I am actually not sure if having Light out of the game is an advantage for the Steelers. From what i have seen Light has a lot of trouble with speed rushers.

I agree, but there's something to be said for continuity on the line. Bringing in a backup who doesn't have much experience could be a good thing and disrupt their flow. Either way, watching the Patriots play today, I think that we will roll through them. Their D doesn't seem too impressive to me, and I know that our D will step up. Sure, Cassel can go for 400 yds against the Dolphins and the Jets defenses; let's see how he fares against the best.

rbryan
11-23-2008, 06:55 PM
I just saw the replay. Goodeal has no choice but to suspend him, regardless of how much he swings from Krafts nutsack.

If anything that should get him multiple games suspended rather than none at all.

GridironWarrior
11-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Light handled Harrison pretty well last year. Hopefully he is suspended.

Crushzilla
11-23-2008, 07:55 PM

I doubt that.

After all, Light will have the advantage of being able to literally tackle Silverback and not have to worry about being flagged.

:coffee: ( I've always wanted to use the coffee face! )

tyler289
11-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Like the poster above me said, whoever is at LT will be able to hold Harrison all game long with no flag. Especially since it's in NE.

Who is their RT? Woodley's been kinda quiet since his injury.

Steely McSmash
11-24-2008, 01:14 AM
He must be suspended for that. I saw the game and can't even figure out why they threw out the guy from the Dolphins who got hit. He did next to nothing.

That's how the cookie crumbles vs the patsies I guess.

Galax Steeler
11-24-2008, 04:33 AM
He must be suspended for that. I saw the game and can't even figure out why they threw out the guy from the Dolphins who got hit. He did next to nothing.

That's how the cookie crumbles vs the patsies I guess.

Agreed I don't see why the dolphin got ejected it should have only been light.

vasteeler
11-24-2008, 11:44 AM
knowing what i know aboud goodell he will probably suspend light AFTER our game:doh:

TackleMeBen
11-24-2008, 11:48 AM
knowing what i know aboud goodell he will probably suspend light AFTER our game:doh:
you are probably right. or goodell will suspend him and he will appeal only so he can play in the game this sunday.then afterwards withdrawal his appeal and take his suspension.. i wouldnt put it past a pat:wink02:

TailgateMel
11-24-2008, 11:59 AM
you are probably right. or goodell will suspend him and he will appeal only so he can play in the game this sunday.then afterwards withdrawal his appeal and take his suspension.. i wouldnt put it past a pat:wink02:

I could see that also.. they have Seattle in week 14...

Mel

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Like the poster above me said, whoever is at LT will be able to hold Harrison all game long with no flag. Especially since it's in NE.

Who is their RT? Woodley's been kinda quiet since his injury.

Nick Kaczur is their RT...If Light is suspened I believer that Britt and Levoir are their backup OT's.

SCSTILLER
11-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Matt Light out of the game would be a huge plus for us. Silverback would be able to exploit the inexperience of the LT, and if the guard comes over to help you have Farrior and or Foote coming up the middle.

But, then again, the commish will wait till after next sunday to review the tape, so expect Light to be in there.

DACEB
11-24-2008, 01:24 PM
I like S'backs & Woods chances with the footing on that field...but, I have the feeling they're going to keep us in our Nickel package somewhat negating that duos threat off the edge. The rush needs to come from the inside, IMO, so I'm looking for a big game from Timmons as well.

LVSteelersfan
11-24-2008, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't put it past Gooddeal to hold off on a suspension in the upcoming week. Just seems to be the way he rolls. He will deflect it away from Light by fining Harrison for being a big bully against the Bengals forcing their players to hold him on every play and fine Troy because someone pulled his hair after he intercepted the ball. The guy is a douche bag from the word go.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Didn't the Bungholes have two rookies starting on their O-line? If so we didn't really light them up too much.

markymarc
11-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Since Light works for the Cheatriots organization there is no way he gets suspended especially with Goodell in charge. Don't get me wrong though because he should be suspended for at least 1 game, because you are not allowed to be throwing punches. Can't wait to hear Goodell's latest explanation on why a Cheatriot player is not punished properly.

ts888
11-25-2008, 02:19 PM
wasn't Harrison supposed to be licking his chops last week vs Cincy's backup left side o-line and there were predictions of 3-4 sacks?

this is not meant as a negative AT ALL on Harrison.....just saying that it's too hard to predict who will be the individual statistical beneficiary of a certain lineman being out since they often times will just double up to block since they know it's a possible weakness. Regardless, overall the D benefits somewhere and that's all that matters.

speaking generally too since Light will probably play.

stlrtruck
11-26-2008, 11:09 AM
I've been thinking about this for a few days now. It seems that every time we play the patriots* we do well in the first half and then they go to some form of max protect against our pass rushers. And we never change our defensive scheme.

So I believe that if we change up defensively in the second half to the point that on one side we put Harrison and Timmons (or Woodley) and then put Woodley (or Timmons) on the other side and allow one of the CBs to join the blitz. Overload the front line and play a press coverage not allowing Cassel to throw the short passes.

1stcav02
11-26-2008, 01:25 PM
It seems like Harrison has been getting held alot lately, but not called. Plus he's been getting double teamed. I definetly think we need to get some pressure up the middle, that will then open it up for Woodley and Harrison. Cassel takes alot of sacks.....We'll put some licks on him this week! Also, Kirschke will be filling in for Keisel and he's been a solid backup.

Steeldude
11-26-2008, 01:38 PM
IMO, the steelers are going to have a tough time getting to cassel. the patriots will most likely use 3-step drops and short routes. it's the achilles heel of the steelers' D

#1LambertFan
11-26-2008, 03:48 PM
He's a patriot, so no

Here's your chance to do something right goodell

Not when he holds every down like he did last year.

markymarc
11-27-2008, 12:35 AM
The only reason why we only had 1 sack vs. the bengals the 2nd time is because they were a team that was much hungrier for a win than the 1st time. And plus, part of the Bengals game plan was short passes...

That and they did a lot of max protect.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-27-2008, 01:55 AM
Light, Mankins, Koppen, Kazur are all good linemen. I expect that Cassel will have good protection, but you never know if Woodley, Harrison are gonna go off after sitting for 10 days.

I also hope Kirschke gets some breathers from Eason and Roye. Kirschke seems to collapse the pocket well on the pass rush.

Harrison, Woodley, Smith and Kirschke are a decent 4 to rush the passer.

The Duke
11-27-2008, 02:04 AM
Light, Mankins, Koppen, Kazur are all good linemen. I expect that Cassel will have good protection, but you never know if Woodley, Harrison are gonna go off after sitting for 10 days.

Weird thing is, no QB has been sacked more than Cassel this season (34)

I'm taking a wild guess here, but his game may be similar to ben's. Making plays happen. Taking the highs with the lows

or maybe their line just isn't good :noidea:

ben7
11-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Harrison uis gunna beat down that line

SFLSteeler
11-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Well Light didn't get suspended.

It seems extremely hypocritical to me, that Hines Ward gets fined $20K for saying something Goodell doesn't like, Harrison gets fined $20K for tackling (legally) a QB too hard, but Light gets off with a $15K fine for intentionally and maliciously trying to hurt somebody on the field.

These type of double standards and skewed priorities will be the prevailing negative aspect of the modern NFL. I really think that we will see the league and sport in general fall in popularity directly because of Goodell's decisions.

steelpride12
11-27-2008, 04:18 PM
The line is solid top 5 in the league, what can i say. Gonna be a tough game for the defense and I see one sack if that and that leaves the secondary to shoulder the defense.

The Duke
11-27-2008, 06:11 PM
The line is solid top 5 in the league, what can i say. Gonna be a tough game for the defense and I see one sack if that and that leaves the secondary to shoulder the defense.

Whether or not they have a good line they have been allowing a lot of sacks (34)

I hope the defense gets more than 1 sack. They should get significantly more than that

markymarc
11-28-2008, 11:38 PM
While I don't see a lot of sacks registered by the defense, I just want them to hit Cassel early and often.

DACEB
11-30-2008, 10:58 AM
IMO, the steelers are going to have a tough time getting to cassel. the patriots will most likely use 3-step drops and short routes. it's the achilles heel of the steelers' D

Harrison, Woodley, Smith and Kirschke are a decent 4 to rush the passer.

If the Pats spread us out on D and use the quick routes like 'dude (and I) predict, it will be tough to get to Cassell. The spread O will take us out of the 3-4 and limit the pass rushing oppurtunities for S'back and Wood.

I agree with Gonzo, in that we need to have a 4-man line (against the spread) that can bring pressure. That line should have S'back and Wood at the ends. I say put some speed on the field behind them and dare them to run.