PDA

View Full Version : The Giants

Edman
11-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Is there another team in the league that is looking more dominant than them? They have so many weapons. 24-12 over Arizona right now in the 3rd. The fact that it took an injured long snapper, an untimely holding penalty, and several bad breaks for the Steelers to lose to them by 7 points is mind boggling.

fansince'76
11-23-2008, 05:31 PM
What's more mind-boggling is they got creamed by the Browns by 3 TDs and got taken to OT by the Bungles in NJ.

Fact is, there really are no dominant teams nowadays.

GutterflowerSteel
11-23-2008, 05:44 PM
The Cards just scored on them, making it 24-19 at the end of the 3rd quarter...

missedgehead
11-24-2008, 04:39 PM
My G Men are DOMINANT and the Best Team in the league, despite what the Mediots on BSPN who are on Farve's junk and are so in love with the Cowgirls and the Titans say. We took care of those overhyped Cardinals. The Cards showed why they are the Cards with that questionable onside kick nonsense.

ShutDown24
11-24-2008, 04:42 PM
My G Men are DOMINANT and the Best Team in the league, despite what the Mediots on BSPN who are on Farve's junk and are so in love with the Cowgirls and the Titans say. We took care of those overhyped Cardinals. The Cards showed why they are the Cards with that questionable onside kick nonsense.

In love with the Titans? Lol dude, if almost any other team would have been 10 - 0 ESPN would have had so much more coverage of it than they did for the Titans. They hardly talked about Tennessee enough.

steelreserve
11-24-2008, 04:49 PM
In love with the Titans? Lol dude, if almost any other team would have been 10 - 0 ESPN would have had so much more coverage of it than they did for the Titans. They hardly talked about Tennessee enough.

Yeah, seriously. Last year, all we heard was "OMG THE PATRIOTS ARE GOING 19-0 AND WINNING THE SUPER BOWL!!!!1!!!" and that started after the first GAME.

Dino 6 Rings
11-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Oh yeah, 83 rushing yards was real fcking dominant.

I fear not the Giants.

brick
11-25-2008, 04:03 AM
still, managing to win again without plax and big brendan against a solid cardinals team is impressive. for me theyre the most complete team in the league right now, and were even when the titans were undefeated.

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
11-25-2008, 10:55 AM
the giants are THE dominant team in the NFL this season

the titans are not gonna do jack in the playoffs, they are overrated

SteelMember
11-25-2008, 11:06 AM
My G Men are DOMINANT and the Best Team in the league
:dang:
I like to choose a team from every division, that way it increases my chances of rooting for a winner.* :rolleyes:

NJarhead
11-25-2008, 11:39 AM

God I wish you'd go away. :rolleyes:

Dino 6 Rings
11-25-2008, 12:27 PM
I hope we play those giants again, then we'll see how good they really are.

Havik
11-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Jerry Reese has done a great job with this team. Since their playoff run and Super Bowl victory the Giants have earned my respect. I can see them winning more Super Bowls in the near future. Hey, at least they don't cheat.

NJarhead
11-27-2008, 09:36 AM
I hope we play those giants again, then we'll see how good they really are.

Well, they ARE a damn good team. No question about that. But I do believe that if we meet again (provided our offense continues to progress), we'll beat 'em.

BrandonCarr39
11-28-2008, 12:12 AM
First off-they're the least hated team in my division(from my perspective, that is), and I don't dislike them nearly as much as the Eagles. And for that matter too, to be frank, I never had any bitterness toward them when they upset us in the playoffs last year, and went on to shock the world.

With that being said-there's alot to respect and admire about the Giants. They have alot of heart, passion, perserverence, and you really have to like their blue collar approach. And to boot-they've always been very well coached(Tom Coughlin just got so much flack before they made their run last year-I always thought he's one of the better coaches out there b/c of his old-school approach). When Tiki and Shockey left, you saw how MUCH BETTER they became as a unit chemistry wise. Those guys make TO look like the ultimate team player.

BTW-if anything, it was our own faults that we became the first NFC #1 seeded team to choke away the divisional playoffs in 20 years, which is why I don't harbor any bitterness toward this team.

fansince'76
12-07-2008, 03:04 PM
So much for the "dominance," eh? Getting dumped at home 20-14 by a team that came into the game at 6-5-1 on the season and whose tie was with the Bungles is anything BUT dominant.

The Duke
12-07-2008, 03:07 PM
So much for the "dominance," eh? Getting dumped at home 20-14 by a team that came into the game at 6-5-1 on the season and whose tie was with the Bungles is anything BUT dominant.

and loss to the browns :flap:

But still, if there a better team in the NFC?

panthers, bucs, skins have been more inconsistent than them, but have a very good chance of beating them in he playoffs

BrandonCarr39
12-08-2008, 04:25 AM
I'm wondering if Plaxico Burress' absense is starting to hurt the Giants. B/c now teams can put 8 men in the box(instead of giving safety help over the top) to stop their run game. Sure, Burress is lazy, is a nutcase, hates practices, etc, etc-but like always, when you take the good with the bad, his presence itself is TREMENDOUS.

Dominick Hixon is an excellent receiver for them, but bottom line, their receiving corps will rarely get double teams from now on.

OTOH-the Giants looked very bad all around today(while the Eagles had 10 days to rest, prepare, and were VERY desperate)...so it was probably just a bump in the road for them.