PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Patriots week

VTsteel
11-23-2008, 05:19 PM
It's that time of year - Time to play the Cheats. Since 2001 we've played these guys every year (at least once) except 2003 and 2006. And I think we only won one of those contests (2004 the 15-1 season I think?).

Whose with me in hoping we deal some sweet retribution to the Cheatriots?

:yeehaw:

fansince'76
11-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Wonder how many of their jackass bandwagon trolls we're going to get this year....

SteelersGirlTN7
11-23-2008, 05:56 PM
It's that time of year - Time to play the Cheats. Since 2001 we've played these guys every year (at least once) except 2003 and 2006. And I think we only won one of those contests (2004 the 15-1 season I think?).

Whose with me in hoping we deal some sweet retribution to the Cheatriots?

:yeehaw:

Yep, we beat them on Halloween 34-20.... putting their 21 game win streak to rest w/ a then barely known rookie quarterback! What a game!

I'm all for some sweet revenge on those losses in between!

X-Terminator
11-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Wonder how many of their jackass bandwagon trolls we're going to get this year....

However many we get, they're all going into my bozo bin on sight - just like last year. I'm not interested in what any of those jackasses say. The Patriot is the only Pats* fan who won't be on the list unless he goes into jackass mode himself.

ben7
11-23-2008, 06:00 PM
favourite week of the year

43Hitman
11-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Eff the cheatriots!

stillers4me
11-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah........what Joey said!

Dino 6 Rings
11-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Must win for our playoff standings, especially with the Ravens being able to take care of the Eagles today.

We only have a 1 game lead in the AFC north, can't afford to let down. Tough game up ahead against a team that loves to pass the ball to set up the run. QB gets the ball out quick, those short crossing routes eat up defenses. Then they run those sprint draws and screens that undercut agressive defensive schemes. Its going to be a huge test for our defense.

Its also a must win for the Patriots. With the Jets giving it to the Titans today, they are still one game back in the East, so they can't afford to let down.

If the Patriots lose this week, they are in trouble because even though they beat the Dolphins, Miami is heading into a very week schedule, Rams, Bills, 9ers, Cheifs, Jets.

Pats have it almost as easy after the Steelers, at Seattle, at Oakland, Arizona, at Bills. So they NEED to beat the Steelers to finish the season strong. A loss this week and they fall back into a tie with the Dolphins. Not good for playoff seeding for them.

GridironWarrior
11-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Not looking forward to seeing that front 3 eat the Steelers Oline alive.

fansince'76
11-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Not looking forward to seeing that front 3 eat the Steelers Oline alive.

Their D is soft.

GridironWarrior
11-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Their D is soft.

So was Indy's and look what they did to the Oline. Couldn't even run on them.

fansince'76
11-23-2008, 06:54 PM
So was Indy's and look what they did to the Oline. Couldn't even run on them.

Gee, maybe we should just forfeit now, huh? Don't care about the Indy game at the moment. :coffee:

GridironWarrior
11-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Gee, maybe we should just forfeit now, huh? Don't care about the Indy game at the moment. :coffee:

You should man. I wouldn't count the Pats out. Their Dline is their lone strength on D and teams Dline always seem to get better playing that Oline.

fansince'76
11-23-2008, 07:01 PM
You should man. I wouldn't count the Pats out. Their Dline is their lone strength on D and teams Dline always seem to get better playing that Oline.

Not counting them out. Not about to concede defeat to them a week before the game is played either.

Crushzilla
11-23-2008, 07:11 PM
No sweat.

Let's just cram the Wildcat playbook and run a 90-10 wildcat:spread offense.

In and out the Steelers football way.

steelpride12
11-23-2008, 07:39 PM

Probably a lot. Wow last season with them being un defeated we had about 13 different people smack talking, great times. Should be an interesting week.

Crushzilla
11-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Probably a lot. Wow last season with them being un defeated we had about 13 different people smack talking, great times. Should be an interesting week.

I think we will have less than last year.

It probably became a ritual of sorts for most of them with the undefeated season.

fansince'76
11-23-2008, 07:47 PM
I think we will have less than last year.

It probably became a ritual of sorts for most of them with the undefeated season.

Agreed - I don't expect as many either, due to the giant shit sandwich they were forced to eat at the end of said "undefeated" season. :evil:

Crushzilla
11-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Agreed - I don't expect as many either, due to the giant shit sandwich they were forced to eat at the end of said "undefeated" season. :evil:

I actually just remembered that last year's game fell under my short-lived Mod stint.

I was counting trolls in my sleep...

... Little bandwagon pricks leaping playfully over the moon...

tyler289
11-23-2008, 07:53 PM
I just hope that, if by some miracle, Ben, Willie, Moore, Miller, the o-line, everyone on offense steps up and we get out to a big lead. If/when we do get that lead, I want Arians and Tomlin to run up the score like crazy. Don't make it obvious, but if you're exploiting something all day, keep doing it. Even if you're up by 20 in the 4th.

Crushzilla
11-23-2008, 07:55 PM
I just hope that, if by some miracle, Ben, Willie, Moore, Miller, the o-line, everyone on offense steps up and we get out to a big lead. If/when we do get that lead, I want Arians and Tomlin to run up the score like crazy. Don't make it obvious, but if you're exploiting something all day, keep doing it. Even if you're up by 20 in the 4th.

You mean how the Patriots didn't make it obvious today?

I didn't see the game and stop tracking stats in the third, but judging by the box score...

... looks awfully suspicious to me.

I really want Belicheat to step on a rake.

Hapa
11-23-2008, 08:16 PM
KILL THOSE MOTHERFATHERSSSSSSSSS

43Hitman
11-23-2008, 09:21 PM

I didn't see the game and stop tracking stats in the third, but judging by the box score...

They ran it up. They had the ball on Miami 2 yard line with 40 secs. to go, and ran it in on 4th down rather than kneeling on it.

NYC SteelersFan
11-23-2008, 09:27 PM

A rake? A land mine would be more like it. He glorified running up the score and the media backed him on it and the rest of the league didn't stop him by hurting his players like they should have. But at least he lost to Eli Manning, that will haunt him till the end of time.

Crushzilla
11-23-2008, 09:45 PM
They ran it up. They had the ball on Miami 2 yard line with 40 secs. to go, and ran it in on 4th down rather than kneeling on it.

I figured. Being an asshole is like heroin to this guy. He's still salty because the "greatest coach of all time" got owned two months ago by college formations that no one runs in the pros because they never work.

A rake? A land mine would be more like it. He glorified running up the score and the media backed him on it and the rest of the league didn't stop him by hurting his players like they should have. But at least he lost to Eli Manning, that will haunt him till the end of time.

Well... It can either be a serious rake mishap and he maims his foot and is in a great deal of pain, or he just gets knocked in the skull and I get a good giggle...

...Win/win. I don't want to kill the guy just inconvenience, embarrass, and injure. Why can't guys like him ever get wiped out on the sideline? Has to be Joe Pa or Weis.

Where's the justice!?

Oh ya... in Scotsdale, Arizona and in Foxboro writhing on the ground around the 50 yard line.

siss
11-23-2008, 09:48 PM
The hate I have for the patriots isnt as intense without their wussy arrogant QB under center.

I think I hate Brady more then the Patriots themselves. To bad he's out with a little ACL problem:coffee:....baby!

:tt02::tt02:

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

Crushzilla
11-23-2008, 09:55 PM
The hate I have for the patriots isnt as intense without their wussy arrogant QB under center.

I think I hate Brady more then the Patriots themselves. To bad he's out with a little ACL problem:coffee:....baby!

:tt02::tt02:

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

You know. The Patriot suggested in another thread that I would probably be even more pissed if Cassel won the Super Bowl... but after thinking about it... I don't think I would be.

My real hatred comes from the trifecta: Brady, Harrison, and Belicheat.

Two aren't going to be there, and I can hope the last one "accidentally" gets floored by an errant Silverback.

Preacher
11-23-2008, 10:08 PM
You know. The Patriot suggested in another thread that I would probably be even more pissed if Cassel won the Super Bowl... but after thinking about it... I don't think I would be.

Two aren't going to be there, and I can hope the last one "accidentally" gets floored by an errant Silverback.

My dislike comes from the fact that Brady was able to learn with a flattened learning curve based on Belicheats* cheating. As a result, he didn't have all the ups and downs that a normal starting QB would have.

NYC SteelersFan
11-23-2008, 10:17 PM

It wouldn't bother me if the Patriots win the Superbowl with Cassel. At least then people would wake up to the fact that football teams aren't a product of individual players but rather individual players are a product of football teams and the system in which they play in. People can suck Brady off less and give the majority of praise rightfully to what actually won him those superbowls, a good headcoach that cheated his ass off like a miserable piece of #$%^

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-24-2008, 12:07 AM
Hopefully Keisel, Parker, Woodley, Townsend, McFadden, Miller are healthy and ready to go.

Gonna be a tough place to win on the road, but would love to see the Pats held to 13 points and the Stillers throw up a minimum of 24 with a physical pounding of them for good measure.

Steely McSmash
11-24-2008, 12:39 AM
I think the Steelers will be able to contain the pats offense pretty well. They have a poor running game and will likely have a starting left tackle suspended. Should be able to make them one dimensional.

fred
11-24-2008, 01:06 AM
Ben's just gotta "dink and dunk" the short passes like he did the last 2 games to set up the run........and let our 2 monster LB's
pressure their QB!

Galax Steeler
11-24-2008, 03:43 AM
The key to the game is to contain Moss if we can keep him in front of us and put pressure on Cassell then we should have a good shot at this game.

The Duke
11-24-2008, 06:23 AM
The key to the game is to contain Moss if we can keep him in front of us and put pressure on Cassell then we should have a good shot at this game.

Have to disagree here

Key is containing welker. stop him from moving the chains

Wih all the blitzing he could easily get 10+ catches

At least bmac and deshea are back!!

steelpride12
11-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Obviously this will be a good week for Ben to make a big offensive statement against the Pats like the Fins did to keep the lead in the game while our secondary does their best to contain Welker and Moss.
Ike will most likely be on Moss when shuts him down, and the only main threat is the screen and quick passes to Welker.

Dino 6 Rings
11-24-2008, 07:30 AM
To Quote Belichick from last year

"we've played against better safeties"

anyone else remember that line.

anyone else remember that Troy wasn't playing and that's how Smith got the start at safety. Anyone else want to see Troy make him eat those words?

Dino 6 Rings
11-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Defense

#1 in Rushing yards per game
#1 in Passing yards per game
#1 in Scoring in season
#1 in ponts allowed per Game

Time for our Defense to Do what it does.

DOMINATE!

BozMan
11-24-2008, 08:48 AM
I wonder what the disparity in penalty flags thrown against the 2 teams will be.

lilyoder6
11-24-2008, 08:55 AM
this will be a good game.. cassel is coming off of 2 straight weeks of throwing 4 over 400 yrds and mult tds

Dino 6 Rings
11-24-2008, 09:48 AM
I wonder where Cassell will be playing next season.

It would be hilarious if the Bills made a move for him.

TailgateMel
11-24-2008, 09:49 AM
I feel that this is going to be the week that defines the Steelers for the rest of this year. If the Steelers step up & play a solid game and get a W vs. the Patriots at Foxboro.. they are true contenders. They need to demonstrate that they have their act together & the ups & downs are behind them & they are ready for the long stretch through the rest of the season & the playoffs.

We had a terrible game vs. the Colts, then a decent (would have been better if not for all the penalties) win vs.the Chargers... and a good (but could have been heavier) win vs. the Bengals. A win against a resurgent Patriots in Foxboro will be HUGE and will give us good momentum going into the game @ home vs. the cowboys.

Everyone (barring those with long-term injuries) *should* be rested & ready to go.. so hopefully there will not be any excuses (or distractions..)

We can't afford to "limp" into the playoffs... we did that last year & it got us no where.

Mel

Dino 6 Rings
11-24-2008, 09:56 AM
The most important thing about this game is a win gets us to 9-3. That's it. We must maintain the 1 game lead over the Ravens.

Where I was a little nervous about a possible let down last week vs the Bengals, I think our guys will be ready to roll this weekend. I watched the tackles for the Pats do a good job of blocking the linebackers of the Dolphins and giving Cassell enough time to make the throws he needed to make.

They ran the Shotgun the entire game, that in itself helps with the quick slants and what not. Keeps the pressure off.

Our D-backs must play tight on Welker and keep him from getting those 4 yard catches to move the chains. Randy will be one on one with Taylor often with Clark over the top, that'll mean Troy or someone needs to cut off the slant routes.

TackleMeBen
11-24-2008, 10:29 AM
maybe cassel can become real familiar with harrison and woodley:wink02::chuckle:

i would love to see those two get about 4 or 5 sacks on cassel, although i would be more happy if it were brady we were trying to get on his back...but i guess brady already got his karma this season :wink02:

Dino 6 Rings
11-24-2008, 11:28 AM
I really don't care who is QB for the other team, I want to see them broken by the end of the game. This week is no different.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-24-2008, 11:35 AM
maybe cassel can become real familiar with harrison and woodley:wink02::chuckle:

i would love to see those two get about 4 or 5 sacks on cassel, although i would be more happy if it were brady we were trying to get on his back...but i guess brady already got his karma this season :wink02:

Better than average chance that OT Light will be suspended for the game due to his fight yesterday...

...That will have our LBers foaming at the mouth!!

Dino 6 Rings
11-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Pretty sure the same thing was said last week about the Rookie starting for the Bengals and I don't remember seeing a huge difference in the pressure put on by our defense.

This is a quick strike offense, we need to attack up the middle, quickest way to the QB. Wanna bet Dick LeBeau calls some serious inside stunt bliztes that have Woodley and Harrison attacking outside-in while Farrior and Foote drop into slant coverage.

T.Richardson
11-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Im pretty worried about Cassel. I think he will have a good game against the defense. He has been throwing the ball well lately and is on fire. I think this game will go down to the wire in a high scoring game.

I hope the defense plays well, but Cassel is doing great, remember, last year Brady played very well, and I believe Cassel could too.

I think the Key is to blitz Cassel and try and rattle him up to scare him a bit into throwing possibly ints. And Ben needs to play mistake free football.

fansince'76
11-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Im pretty worried about Cassel. I think he will have a good game against the defense.

Based on what? The fact that he lit up the 26th and 28th-ranked defenses in the league against the pass (Jets and Dolphins, respectively) in successive weeks? For the purpose of comparison, the Bungles' D is ranked 15th in the league against the pass.

Hammer Of The GODS
11-24-2008, 02:33 PM
This game will be won or lost based on the Steelers offense and thier ability to score TDs on long time consuming drives.

The defense can win this game if they can properly rest after stopping the cheats offense. If the Steelers O can't sustain drives and eat clock while putting points up then the cheats will make this a long game for the Steelers D.

Oh yea.......... I hope Bill Belicheat gets the drippy dick and has to get his bore punched!

T.Richardson
11-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Based on what? The fact that he lit up the 26th and 28th-ranked defenses in the league against the pass (Jets and Dolphins, respectively) in successive weeks? For the purpose of comparison, the Bungles' D is ranked 15th in the league against the pass.

Im not saying he is going to pass for 400+ yards. I think he will get between 200-250 yards passing, and high completion percentage on short passes. Thats what worries me. This Defense does well, but if we cant get rush the passer effectively, he could possibly find recievers down or across the field. Against the Bungles, the defense only had like 2 sacks.

Preacher
11-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Im not saying he is going to pass for 400+ yards. I think he will get between 200-250 yards passing, and high completion percentage on short passes. Thats what worries me. This Defense does well, but if we cant get rush the passer effectively, he could possibly find recievers down or across the field. Against the Bungles, the defense only had like 2 sacks.

Yes, but we had quite a few pressures, which are almost as good as a sack because they make the ball be thrown prematurely.

T.Richardson
11-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Yes, but we had quite a few pressures, which are almost as good as a sack because they make the ball be thrown prematurely.

Thats true. Although, last year the defense was ranked number 1 entering the Pats game, and they put up 30 points, and Brady threw for almost 400 yards. Against the Jets, Brady threw for a season low of 140 yards against an average defense. Statistically The steelers defense is great, but sometimes they have bad games. Im not saying Cassel could mimic Bradys performance, but he could manage to play well.

fansince'76
11-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Thats true. Although, last year the defense was ranked number 1 entering the Pats game, and they put up 30 points, and Brady threw for almost 400 yards.

With half our starting secondary out and Anthony Smith getting burnt all over the place. Troy > Anthony Smith - by quite a long shot, and Brady > Cassel - again, by quite a long shot.

Edman
11-24-2008, 03:58 PM
We owe the Patsies a long, long overdue beatdown. Several in fact.Brady was able to pick on Anthony Smith last game, but Brady is not here and Polamalu and Clark are healthy and playing very good. Oh yeah, and we don't have a one man wrecking crew at OLB, now we have two.

But even without Brady, this game won't be easy. The Patriots are a heavier editon of our problem with Jacksonville, something always seems to go wrong for the Steelers against them, and we haven't won in Gilette...yet, and the game is at 4:15. Yeah, that dreaded time slot.

If the offense plays smart and patient, we'll be okay. Remember, the Steelers kept the game close at Halftime last year before the floodgates opened in the second. Play 60 minutes this time.

eafratitpm3
11-24-2008, 04:08 PM
I think the key to this game will be Welker, if we can stop the YAC and limit his yards the Pats will not be able to move the ball that well.

missedgehead
11-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Well, on Sunday, I wll be wearing my Eli Manning jersey and just remain neutral on this game and not root for either the Pats or the Steelers because I love both of these teams, and just root hard for a good game and root for the G Men to beat the Skins.

Dino 6 Rings
11-24-2008, 04:41 PM
[SIZE="2"]This game will be won or lost based on the Steelers offense and thier ability to score TDs on long time consuming drives.

The defense can win this game if they can properly rest after stopping the cheats offense. If the Steelers O can't sustain drives and eat clock while putting points up then the cheats will make this a long game for the Steelers D.

I agree. We need TDs early in this one and long drives. We can't allow it to get into a quick strike style game either. Get the ball, drive10 plays for 65 yards and a TD. Kick off, force a 3 and out or a 5 and out and get the ball back. Drive again, 9 plays 60 yards and a TD. Be up early and take away their running game completely and then force the passes to come faster with a full out blitz pressure, and then get the Turnovers that allow us to run the ball and eat clock and keep their Offense off the field. Then have our Fresh angry defense take the field with a good lead and a desperate offense.

Sounds like the plan to me.

"we've played against better safeties"

The Duke
11-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Well, on Sunday, I wll be wearing my Eli Manning jersey and just remain neutral on this game and not root for either the Pats or the Steelers because I love both of these teams, and just root hard for a good game and root for the G Men to beat the Skins.

Cool, so you root for the team with the best record :thumbsup:

I believe there's a word for that

:coffee:

VTsteel
11-24-2008, 05:40 PM
We owe the Patsies a long, long overdue beatdown. Several in fact.Brady was able to pick on Anthony Smith last game, but Brady is not here and Polamalu and Clark are healthy and playing very good. Oh yeah, and we don't have a one man wrecking crew at OLB, now we have two.

But even without Brady, this game won't be easy. The Patriots are a heavier editon of our problem with Jacksonville, something always seems to go wrong for the Steelers against them, and we haven't won in Gilette...yet, and the game is at 4:15. Yeah, that dreaded time slot.

If the offense plays smart and patient, we'll be okay. Remember, the Steelers kept the game close at Halftime last year before the floodgates opened in the second. Play 60 minutes this time.

I agree wid ya. We owe them BIG-TIME. The reason things seemed to always go awry was because they were cheating. Plain and Simple. On a level playing field I believe we would have won 1/2 of the games we lost to these asshats. I got a real good feeling going into this game . . . we are gonna beat 'em down.

Glace
11-24-2008, 06:08 PM
Cassel needs to get knocked on his butt a few times by the #1 defense in the league...then we'll see what he's made of.

All that aside, I feel like we're going to need another 30-something points out of the offense just to be safe....I'm hoping for the Pats to not even score, but they have the talent to test our defense.

stillers4me
11-24-2008, 06:32 PM

What does Eli Manning have to do with the Pats*/Steelers game? :noidea:

So now there's 3 teams you "love"? :coffee:

The Duke
11-24-2008, 06:38 PM
What does Eli Manning have to do with the Pats*/Steelers game? :noidea:

So now there's 3 teams you "love"? :coffee:

With the titans sitting at 10-1 it wouldn't surprise me if there was a 4th :coffee:

GridironWarrior
11-24-2008, 07:37 PM
This game depends on how well the Oline can handle Seymour and company.

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
11-24-2008, 10:53 PM
This game depends on how well the Oline can handle Seymour and company.

this game depends if the pats still have tape of us...

maybe we should run the wildcat offense to throw them off

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
11-24-2008, 11:47 PM
I wonder where Cassell will be playing next season.

It would be hilarious if the Bills made a move for him.

It would be even more hilarious if he landed with the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets, didn't Farve only sign a 1 year contract?

sackmaster56
11-24-2008, 11:54 PM
5 rings and we didnt have to cheat to get any of them!!

Steelman16
11-24-2008, 11:56 PM
maybe we should run the wildcat offense to throw them off

:toofunny:

markymarc
11-25-2008, 01:22 PM
There are only 2 things that concern me with the Cheatriots. That is Wes Welker and Kevin Faulk. I think Ike Taylor can easily handle Randy Moss all day. Also, I really hope McFadden goes in this game because that can only help our secondary. I really believe Ben keeps his good roll going and we score at will on this very weak Cheatriots defense. The big question will be if we can stop the Cheatriots from scoring a bunch of points. With our defense I believe we can.

Dino 6 Rings
11-25-2008, 04:11 PM
In order to keep this game from getting out of hand, Ben can NOT turn the ball over.

Our defense can not face a short field over and over again in this matchup. We need to control the ball, and score at every chance we have and force them into a bad situation and force Cassell into mistakes.

43Hitman
11-25-2008, 04:19 PM

You're a disgrace to all STEELER fans:banging: BOO on you!!!:tt03::tt::tt02::sign11:

rich4eagle
11-25-2008, 04:32 PM
This is real big win this week and we are legit.......lose and well it is a scramble

The Patriot
11-25-2008, 05:05 PM

Your wearing an Eli jersey because you like the Pats? :uhh:

MACH1
11-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Your wearing an Eli jersey because you like the Pats? :uhh:

I think they got confused on which bandwagon they were hopping on.

steelpride12
11-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Will be a tough challenge i feel this week. The Pats are a pass first offense and the receivers and quick and make the deep ball easy giving Cassell these last 2 games with over 400+ passing yards.

The Steelers secondary is roughed up which hurts with Townsend as Doubtful and pretty sure B-Mac Still out and i think Gay will get ripped apart by Welker.

Troy and Clark need to play extremely solid and Troy can't be playing the run and let anyone one on one down the field. With the steelers secondary playing the no deep ball which we haven't let one go, there shouldn't be any deep balls to Moss which all we truly have to worry about is the screens and short dump off to Welker.

If the Steelers contain the pass and Big Ben controls the offense with no mistakes and scores points the Steeler can wrap up another W, but it will be another hard fought game the Pats will come ready.

Dino 6 Rings
11-25-2008, 09:19 PM
"The safety play at that position was pretty inviting," said Belichick.

XxKnightxX
11-25-2008, 09:35 PM
And i seriously hope Matt Im a wiener Light gets suspended for this game, but chances of that happening, none, since they play for the Patrioturds. Really Amazes me what goodell does in fining players for clean hits and not doing a damn thing for fighting, which is breaking nfl rules of conduct and sportsmanship, as well as being unproffesional

#1LambertFan
11-26-2008, 03:10 PM
And old and slow!