PDA

View Full Version : AFC West

fansince'76
11-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Is there any team that wants to win that division? The Chargers still have a legit shot at winning it with a 4-6 record, especially if they beat Indy tonight - I think it's safe to say the Broncos are going to fall to 6-5 as they're trailing 31-10 in the 4th quarter at home to the Raiders. :doh:

X-Terminator
11-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Worst division in the NFL, hands down.

Edman
11-23-2008, 07:57 PM
The NFC West would like to vouch for that, though Arizona gives it a little edge.

Both West divisions are terrible could have a 9-7 (or worse) division winner. Forget the Wildcard. The leader wins the division

SunshineMan21
11-23-2008, 08:22 PM
No team in the AFC West would even make second in any of the other AFC divisions . . .

Galax Steeler
11-24-2008, 05:05 AM
That division is a joke I don't see them repesenting the afc in the superbowl.

steelreserve
11-24-2008, 01:48 PM
The NFC West would like to vouch for that, though Arizona gives it a little edge.

Both West divisions are terrible could have a 9-7 (or worse) division winner. Forget the Wildcard. The leader wins the division

I don't know ... the AFC West at least has two teams that would be legitimate playoff contenders if they got their shit together. The NFC West has three teams that are a complete joke, and I don't even know if Arizona would be much better than .500 if they played in a different division.

Edman
11-24-2008, 02:26 PM
All that needs to be said though is that it doesn't matter who wins the AFC West.

They will be a sacraficial lamb for the 5th seeded team. With at this point looks like the hot Colts.

silver & black
11-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Funny how things change. The AFC West used to be the toughest division in the league. Even the two strongest teams in the division are showing signs of a slow down. I knew this would happen to the Chargers... Norv workin' his magic. I love it!

fansince'76
11-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Funny how things change. The AFC West used to be the toughest division in the league. Even the two strongest teams in the division are showing signs of a slow down. I knew this would happen to the Chargers... Norv workin' his magic. I love it!

Yep - I'll bet they don't mind "Martyball" so much in SD now.

Edman
11-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Even after losing to Indy, the Chargers still have a shot. There's still another Broncos-Chargers meeting in San Diego. Anyway, the Chargers are reaping what they have sewn for letting Marty go. Firing him after a 14-2 season reeks of nothing but arrogance from the front office.

Ironically, that's what Charger teams have been full of for the past years. Arrogance. Despite doing absolutely nothing of note except lose in the playoffs. They're a team so full of talent that underachieves mightily.

fansince'76
11-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Even after losing to Indy, the Chargers still have a shot. There's still another Broncos-Chargers meeting in San Diego. Anyway, the Chargers are reaping what they have sewn for letting Marty go. Firing him after a 14-2 season reeks of nothing but arrogance from the front office.

Ironically, that's what Charger teams have been full of for the past years. Arrogance. Despite doing absolutely nothing of note except lose in the playoffs. They're a team so full of talent that underachieves mightily.

Norv Turner needs to go back to being an OC - he was a great OC. He's simply not HC material - it's been proven time and time again.

silver & black
11-24-2008, 08:28 PM

Yep... and Raider fans never let them forget it! :sofunny:

silver & black
11-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Norv Turner needs to go back to being an OC - he was a great OC. He's simply not HC material - it's been proven time and time again.

Well, I think he's doing a great job in SD. Heres to many years of Coach Norv at the helm! :drink:.......... :toofunny:

Edman
11-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Speaking of divisions that suck, let's throw a little love out for the NFC North. After all the crap they went through, the Vikings still have a shot.

Bears 6-5
Packers 6-5
Vikings 5-6
Lions 0-11

The Duke
11-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Speaking of divisions that suck, let's throw a little love out for the NFC North. After all the crap they went through, the Vikings still have a shot.

Bears 6-5
Packers 6-5
Vikings 5-6
Lions 0-11

You got it wrong

Vikings are 6-5, packers are 5-6

any of those teams can make the playoffs, except the lions obviously :flap:

They all have easy schedule the last quarter of the season

beSteelmyheart
11-25-2008, 06:05 PM

The Chargers will squeak it into the playoffs & once again we'll have to hear the hopeful media drooling all over them once again-it's becoming a yearly ritual..:jerkit:
And then when they choke it off once again we all get to hear them cry

silver & black
11-26-2008, 07:36 PM
The Chargers will squeak it into the playoffs & once again we'll have to hear the hopeful media drooling all over them once again-it's becoming a yearly ritual..:jerkit:
And then when they choke it off once again we all get to hear them cry

Isn't it great!? :sofunny: