PDA

View Full Version : Hot dang, those darn Ravens are creeping up

GridironWarrior
11-23-2008, 06:50 PM
I was hoping Philly would beat them. Only 1 game behind. I'm still worried about that team.

Hapa
11-23-2008, 06:58 PM
If the Ravens even tie the Steelers I will:

1. Go to Baltimore
2. Find Joe Flacco
3. Get naked and sit on his facemask
4. Poop into his helmet
5. Smear the poop all around his face and stuff it down his throat

Crushzilla
11-23-2008, 07:17 PM

1. Go to Baltimore
2. Find Joe Flacco
4. :poop: into his helmet
5. Smear the :poop: all around his face and stuff it down his throat

:Hollywood's gradually-accepting then encouraging "slow clap":

Wouldn't slow him down or probably even phase him...

... How do you think he gets those eyebrows to look so thick...

:yuck:

SunshineMan21
11-23-2008, 07:25 PM
We'll see . . . remember they got trashed by the Giants.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-23-2008, 07:27 PM
They worry me too. They have a much easier remaining schedule than we do.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-23-2008, 07:33 PM

1. Go to Baltimore
2. Find Joe Flacco
4. Poop into his helmet

WOW

steelpride12
11-23-2008, 07:37 PM

1. Go to Baltimore
2. Find Joe Flacco
4. Poop into his helmet

Hey man seriously not cool. Stay on topic and have a "serious answer" please.

We need the win against them in December so if it comes down to a tie the Steelers can have the tie breaker.

tyler289
11-23-2008, 07:38 PM
If the Eagles weren't such a mess, the Ravens wouldn't have won that game. McNabb and Kolb single-handedly lost the game. Flacco was under pressure all game long and their running game wasn't really working.

Though the Ravens are still a good team and we should be worried.

GBMelBlount
11-23-2008, 07:43 PM

1. Go to Baltimore
2. Find Joe Flacco
4. Poop into his helmet

I'm not sure I'd wanna get naked and sit on another guys face mask, but that's just me... :chuckle:

Probably better to outsource that job...... Dookie perhaps?

The Duke
11-23-2008, 07:46 PM

1. Go to Baltimore
2. Find Joe Flacco
4. Poop into his helmet

lol

you mention poop in a lot of your posts

You sure you're not davenport? :flap:

stillers4me
I'm not sure I'd wanna get naked and sit on another guys face mask, but that's just me... :chuckle:

I knew we shouldn't have let the dookster go.

Crushzilla

:laughing:

I think this is an occasion where I'm alright with sending one overseas.

Ricco Suavez
11-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Ravens have inside track............................................. . Plus Tomlin sucks.... Ben sucks...... The offensive line sucks................. Our punter sucks..................Arians sucks and is dumb...........We can't run the ball................... Oh, Willie sucks also.................. We can't beat a good team......................... We haven't played anybody....................Have i forgot anything. Oh, yeah, right we are only 8-3. We should just mail in the rest of the season and position ourselves for the draft. If you can't tell( This is written heavy in sarcasm)

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Just gotta take care of our business. They still have the Redskins, Cowboys and Steelers to play.

Got a feeling that if we beat the Patriots, and then beat the Ravens 2 weeks later we will have the north locked up.

Gotta win in Foxboro this week for starters.

Preacher
11-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Just gotta take care of our business. They still have the Redskins, Cowboys and Steelers to play.

Got a feeling that if we beat the Patriots, and then beat the Ravens 2 weeks later we will have the north locked up.

Gotta win in Foxboro this week for starters.

Those aren't easy games for them.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-23-2008, 08:30 PM
I agree our punter does suck

Preacher
11-23-2008, 08:35 PM
I agree our punter does suck

Well, I don't think anyone will be disagreeing there!

However, I don't know if we will get a different punter. . . IF we do, I have to wonder why we didn't bring the other punter in first?

HereWeGoSteelers219
11-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Fat Andy Reid completely gave up on his team when he yanked McNabb for Kevin freaking Kolb. The Eagles were only down 3 until that joke decided to put in a rookie QB on the road against one of the top defenses. Talk about making a decision without thinking about it. I'd still take McNabb over most NFL QB's.

Baltimore did nothing to win that game. Ed Reed singlehandedly won it for them. Why couldn't we play Philly when they had Kevin Kolb at QB? (He only played like 1 possession against us).

NYC SteelersFan
11-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Ravens have inside track............................................. . Plus Tomlin sucks.... Ben sucks...... The offensive line sucks................. Our punter sucks..................Arians sucks and is dumb...........We can't run the ball................... Oh, Willie sucks also.................. We can't beat a good team......................... We haven't played anybody....................Have i forgot anything. Oh, yeah, right we are only 8-3. We should just mail in the rest of the season and position ourselves for the draft. If you can't tell( This is written heavy in sarcasm)

Unfortunately you're mostly right. Fortunately we're still 8-3 despite everything and we just have to go 3-2 to finish up the season.

NYC SteelersFan
11-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Fat Andy Reid completely gave up on his team when he yanked McNabb for Kevin freaking Kolb. The Eagles were only down 3 until that joke decided to put in a rookie QB on the road against one of the top defenses. Talk about making a decision without thinking about it. I'd still take McNabb over most NFL QB's.

Baltimore did nothing to win that game. Ed Reed singlehandedly won it for them. Why couldn't we play Philly when they had Kevin Kolb at QB? (He only played like 1 possession against us).

It was the right move for the fat man, he'll probably get fired after this year but now i'll remember him as finally standing up and telling McNabb that it's the Philadelphia Eagles, not the McNabb Eagles. McNabb is one of the final remaining of ESPN's prodical "great black hype quarterbacks." After him and all that's left is 4-7 Garrard and Jason Campbell. It took balls for Reid as a white guy to do it cause he's definitely going to get torn up for it.

devilsdancefloor
11-23-2008, 11:43 PM
It was the right move for the fat man, he'll probably get fired after this year but now i'll remember him as finally standing up and telling McNabb that it's the Philadelphia Eagles, not the McNabb Eagles. McNabb is one of the final remaining of ESPN's prodical "great black hype quarterbacks." After him and all that's left is 4-7 Garrard and Jason Campbell. It took balls for Reid as a white guy to do it cause he's definitely going to get torn up for it.

Wow i guess i never really associate skln color on a QB or any one else that matter.It almost sounds like you are jumping up and down because he was benched today. And mcnubs resume doesnt look all that bad 4 nfc championship games 1 super bowl appearance & plus pro bowls all the while NOT having a WR to throw to. I personally think race has nothing to do with it! why even bring it up??:noidea:
anyway i think that the ratbirds wil end up several games behind us in the division because they have to play so many games in a row with a aging defense.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Well, I don't think anyone will be disagreeing there!

However, I don't know if we will get a different punter. . . IF we do, I have to wonder why we didn't bring the other punter in first?

I think Ed Bouchette is the only guy that doesnt think the punter sucks. He hates to admitt that drafting Sepulveda was a good idea.

Blitzburgh_Fever
11-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Wow i guess i never really associate skln color on a QB or any one else that matter.It almost sounds like you are jumping up and down because he was benched today. And mcnubs resume doesnt look all that bad 4 nfc championship games 1 super bowl appearance & plus pro bowls all the while NOT having a WR to throw to. I personally think race has nothing to do with it! why even bring it up??:noidea:
anyway i think that the ratbirds wil end up several games behind us in the division because they have to play so many games in a row with a aging defense.

Admittedly the post came across dripping with racism, bigotry, and general uneducated opinion, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he was referring to back in '98-'02 or so when ESPN and others (SI was a big one) prophesized the QB position would completely change over to a more mobile, Vick-style QB, the big name ones being McNabb and Vick, then later Campbell (others as well, and not just black QBs,but they fizzled out faster).

Unfortunately for our prophets, McNabb is actually a good QB that has become pass-first, Campbell never really fit the profile anyways, and it's too early to say on Young (the last, best hope for ESPN's predictions). By and large they were horrifically wrong (shocking, I know) and the QB position has become more cerebral and deliberate if anything.

But that's just me being hopeful. It's much more likely just an ignorant comment.

SunshineMan21
11-24-2008, 12:07 AM
I agree . . . that post pretty much came across as a white supremacist tone.

I wonder what this guy thinks about Lefty, Batch, and Dixon?

Hopefully we took that the wrong way.

Steely McSmash
11-24-2008, 12:16 AM
lol

you mention poop in a lot of your posts

You sure you're not davenport? :flap:

Maybe he's German... :doh:

Steely McSmash
11-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Admittedly the post came across dripping with racism, bigotry, and general uneducated opinion, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he was referring to back in '98-'02 or so when ESPN and others (SI was a big one) prophesized the QB position would completely change over to a more mobile, Vick-style QB,

and the notion that mobile, less cerebral quarterbacks are black quarterbacks is somehow not racist?

Galax Steeler
11-24-2008, 03:51 AM

Me neither.:toofunny:

BozMan
11-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Hopefully we have better coverage on Derrick Mason for our rematch against Baltimore.

klick81
11-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Hey man seriously not cool. Stay on topic and have a "serious answer" please.

We need the win against them in December so if it comes down to a tie the Steelers can have the tie breaker.

Excuse me, but did anyone make you thooper trooper moderator? Because this is not the first time I see you telling other posters what they can and can't do, even though their posts are not against forum rules.

If you have a problem with what other people are posting, I suggest you start hitting the "report post" button, and stop giving other people a hard time.

Let the moderators do the moderating.

steelpride12
11-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Excuse me, but did anyone make you thooper trooper moderator? Because this is not the first time I see you telling other posters what they can and can't do, even though their posts are not against forum rules.

If you have a problem with what other people are posting, I suggest you start hitting the "report post" button, and stop giving other people a hard time.

Let the moderators do the moderating.

Hey man just trying to keep this place clean without being a mod man. Just trying to help out.

klick81
11-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey man just trying to keep this place clean without being a mod man. Just trying to help out.

It's all good, we all want a clean place to come and post on.

Some of us do like to post silly things though, and if they're not necessarily against forum rules, no one besides the mods should be able tell them what to and what NOT to post on a regular basis.

Anyway, if you do see someone getting out of hand, maybe pressing the "report post" button can help. Just my :twocents:.

NYC SteelersFan
11-24-2008, 10:42 AM

Admittedly the post came across dripping with racism, bigotry, and general uneducated opinion, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he was referring to back in '98-'02 or so when ESPN and others (SI was a big one) prophesized the QB position would completely change over to a more mobile, Vick-style QB, the big name ones being McNabb and Vick, then later Campbell (others as well, and not just black QBs,but they fizzled out faster).

Unfortunately for our prophets, McNabb is actually a good QB that has become pass-first, Campbell never really fit the profile anyways, and it's too early to say on Young (the last, best hope for ESPN's predictions). By and large they were horrifically wrong (shocking, I know) and the QB position has become more cerebral and deliberate if anything.

But that's just me being hopeful. It's much more likely just an ignorant comment.

I agree . . . that post pretty much came across as a white supremacist tone.

I wonder what this guy thinks about Lefty, Batch, and Dixon?

Hopefully we took that the wrong way.

You all definitely took it the wrong way and the fact that mentioning skin color automatically makes me a possible racist is as ignorant as racists themselves. Anyone who doesn't notice the over-rating of black quarterbacks because they are black is either not paying attention or they dont want to admit it. It started with Akili Smith and Mcnabb, followed by Vick, then Leftwich, then Vince Young, David Garrard momentarily and last was Jemarcus Russel. Most of these guys were over hyped before they even hit the draft and all of them continue to be over-rated until the ESPN analysts just start looking like idiots by continuing to make #$%^ up like saying the guy is good but he just hasn't figured it out yet, or the system is wrong for him, or his teammates suck (Vick).

Akili Smith we'll never know, kid got burried in Cincinati. Sadly Mcnabb has been the best from the bunch but has always definitely been over-rated. Over-rated doesn't mean someone sucks and people say he's good. It can also mean he's good and people say he's great, which had been the case with McNabb. Vick, Young and Russel were/are just awful and the media swore they were good. I'm not the racist, ESPN and the rest of the media/corporations, thinking they need to over-hype/rate any black quarterback that they can get they're hands on just to reel in more black fans/viewers and sell more merchandise are the racist ones.

Leftwich and Batch? What do I think? I think they suck, not because they are black, but for the same reason other backup quarterbacks suck, cause they just aren't good enough to be starters and thats USUALLY why they are backups. Dixon, I have no idea, he may be better than The Berger for all I know, if he is, put him in.

I don't care if my quarterback is black, white, blue or green, as long as he plays well. If you all knew how big of a fan I was (and still am) of Kordell Stewart, you would all make fun of me. I hated all the Pittsburgh fans who booed that guy just cause he lost his #1 reciever and they kept changing offensive coordinators on him every year. And I didn't mention him in the over-hyped-rated list for biased reasons.

The_WARDen
11-24-2008, 11:06 AM
So, McNabb is overrated but Kordella wasn't?

:crazy01:

NYC SteelersFan
11-24-2008, 11:10 AM
So, McNabb is overrated but Kordella wasn't?

:crazy01:

lol...no comment

lilyoder6
11-24-2008, 12:47 PM
well 1 of the nfccg and sb that mcnabb has is b/c he had t.o

also vick was a good player 4 the falcons.. they made it 2 the playoffs and 2 the nfccg.. u always had 2 wry bout him running b/c he was actually good at it.... ask crump if he misses vick, crump had his best yrs w/ vick..

NYC SteelersFan
11-24-2008, 12:50 PM
well 1 of the nfccg and sb that mcnabb has is b/c he had t.o

also vick was a good player 4 the falcons.. they made it 2 the playoffs and 2 the nfccg.. u always had 2 wry bout him running b/c he was actually good at it.... ask crump if he misses vick, crump had his best yrs w/ vick..

You say he was good, I say he was absolutely horrible, but the fact remains, nearly 100% of the media claimed he was absolutey GREAT. We can both agree that he was never even close to what the media claimed he was.

fansince'76
11-24-2008, 01:07 PM
You say he was good, I say he was absolutely horrible, but the fact remains, nearly 100% of the media claimed he was absolutey GREAT. We can both agree that he was never even close to what the media claimed he was.

I always thought Vick was a great athlete who sucked as a QB. Sorry, but a 53.8% completion rate and a 75.7 QB rating for his career pretty much indicates a mediocre-at-best passer.

NYC SteelersFan
11-24-2008, 01:13 PM
I always thought Vick was a great athlete who sucked as a QB. Sorry, but a 53.8% completion rate and a 75.7 QB rating for his career pretty much indicates a mediocre-at-best passer.

Thank you

LVSteelersfan
11-24-2008, 02:19 PM
You all are talking about the heartless, dog killing SOB who never played QB worth a crap in this league. I always hated that overrated jerk. Not because I am racist but because I can't stand the media slobbering over players who are really not that good. The media acted like he was God when he was one of the worst QBs in the league year after year; not because he was black but because he was AWFUL and couldn't throw the ball in the ocean. At least McNabb has had his moments.

NYC SteelersFan
11-24-2008, 07:55 PM
You all are talking about the heartless, dog killing SOB who never played QB worth a crap in this league. I always hated that overrated jerk. Not because I am racist but because I can't stand the media slobbering over players who are really not that good. The media acted like he was God when he was one of the worst QBs in the league year after year; not because he was black but because he was AWFUL and couldn't throw the ball in the ocean. At least McNabb has had his moments.

Absolutely. And why did the media slobber on him? Cause he was black and played quarterback and they hoped they could reel in black fans and sell more merchandise if they continued to claim he was great even though he was a disaster.

markymarc
11-25-2008, 01:16 PM
I obviously hate the Ravens with a passion, but IMO they are overrated. Joe Flacco is still a rookie QB and this point only reads half the field. You take away their rushing attack and Mason and they have nothing offensively. The Rats defense is good, but nothing special. If McNabb plays a decent game the Eagles easily win. No question we win the division by beating the Rats next time around.

rich4eagle
11-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Ravens are a big threat...........looks like the schedule is not going be about wild cards......so beating the Ravens out heads up is huge

Hines0wnz
11-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Soft schedule doesnt mean they are a good team.

BrandonCarr39
11-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Beh-I HATE the Eagles with a passion, so was glad to see their tails getting pounded by the Ravens. At least with the Skins and Giants, those are 2 rivals where alot of respect is given and returned.

markymarc
11-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Soft schedule doesnt mean they are a good team.

Exactly. I still think we will take care of business against the Rats in 2 weeks.