PDA

View Full Version : Marvin blames Heinz Field for 2 Bungal injuries

stillers4me
11-24-2008, 08:07 PM
ENDS AT ENDS: The injury assault keeps mowing down the Bengals. On Monday, defensive ends Robert Geathers (knee) and Frostee Rucker became the fifth and sixth Opening Day starters to go on season-ending injured reserve and the 12th and 13th players to go on the list since the first week of practice for the regular season.

The Bengals now have five Opening Day starters on defense out for the year, as well as fullback Jeremi Johnson, scheduled to start the opener before he got hurt the week before.

Head coach Marvin Lewis said Monday that they suffered the injuries when they slipped on the Heinz Field surface Thursday night.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7316

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Blinkies/wahhhhhh.gif

lilyoder6
11-24-2008, 08:12 PM
wow.. that sucks they lost 2 more players.. i can see how the field could assist in the injury and what not.. it happened 2 willie

devilsdancefloor
11-24-2008, 08:53 PM
CROCKER FINDS HOLMES: Bengals safety Chris Crocker was looking for Hines Ward, but he ended up giving up a concussion to another Steelers receiver Thursday night. Crocker's shot that drove Santonio Holmes from the game at the Cincinnati 20 got ripped in Pittsburgh as a helmet-to-helmet violation of the rules, but in Cincinnati it was another example of well Crocker has fit in the Bengals secondary in just two games.

Crocker, signed Oct. 30, 10 days after being cut in Atlanta, came up with a pick and a sack in the 13-13 game against the Eagles Nov. 16 and then followed that up with eight tackles among his big shot that the Steelers think should get him fined.

But even though Crocker wasn't here when Ward broke Bengals linebacker Keith Rivers' jaw Oct. 19, his three years with the Cleveland Browns had him ready.

"Yeah, he's a dirty player," Crocker said Monday. "I think there are a lot of times guys are out of the play. That's what I mean by cheap shot. If I'm in the play and he cracks-back on me, OK, that's fine. But over my six-year career I've seen him many times take out guys that weren't in the play and that's unnecessary. It's easier for offensive players to get cheap shots on the defense because we're worried about the ball, we're not worried about people.
"You always have to be looking for him because he's going to take a shot at you if he can," Crocker said.

Crocker said he not only feels comfortable in the defense he ran with Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer in Atlanta last season, but he also feels comfortable "in the locker room where the guys have made me feel welcome and helped me get acclimated."

Crocker, working on a one-year deal, would like to return but he knows things are way up in the air. He only got the chance with Dexter Jackson on injured reserve and Chinedum Ndukwe nursing some torn foot tendons. For now, he'll get a kick out of playing his old foes from the AFC North this Sunday in the Ravens and the reunion with his old friends in Cleveland Dec. 21.

"This is a special division," he said. "This game (against Baltimore) will be like the last game (against Pittsburgh). It will be scrap and fight to the end against two similar teams. Both have great defenses, but Baltimore probably likes to pound it more on offense."

that was close to the end of the page.

Steelman16
11-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Crocker better shut it, or it's his head that will be spun next time. (haveta 'convienently' wait for next year though. :chuckle: )

Galax Steeler
11-25-2008, 04:56 AM
Crocker better shut it, or it's his head that will be spun next time. (haveta 'convienently' wait for next year though. :chuckle: )

That would be so funny to see that happen.

SteelMember
11-25-2008, 08:09 AM
What? Did they trip and fall over the painted white lines. :doh:

Besides, how many years have they played there now.... They should blame their equipment manager for not fitting them with the proper length spikes.

HometownGal
11-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Is Uncle Marv going to blame Heinz Field when he gets canned at the end of the season? :chuckle:

SteelersMongol
11-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Oh sure. Blame it on the field. Might as well blame it on the weather. Better yet, global warming should be blamed as well.

devilsdancefloor
11-25-2008, 12:51 PM

crocker will be sitting at home watching the game like you and i next year:drink::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stlrs4Life
11-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Crocker gets cut by Cleve. and then Atlanta, and he wants to talk smack? LMAO!