PDA

View Full Version : Three former steelers are among 25 semifinalist named for Hall of Fame

fordfan485
11-25-2008, 10:47 PM
http://www.nfl.com/halloffame/story?id=09000d5d80ccde18&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Dermontti Dawson, C - 1988-2000 Pittsburgh Steelers

Kevin Greene, LB/DE - 1985-1992 Los Angeles Rams, 1993-95 Pittsburgh Steelers, 1996, 1998-99 Carolina Panthers, 1997 San Francisco 49ers

Rod Woodson, CB/S - 1987-1996 Pittsburgh Steelers, 1997 San Francisco 49ers, 1998-2001 Baltimore Ravens, 2002-03 Oakland Raiders

Crushzilla
11-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Rod is first ballot.

A guy named to the NFL 75th anniversary ALL-TIME team in the prime of his career HAS to go first ballot.

I would like to see Dirt get in this year, but will have to keep my fingers crossed.

Good luck to KG... but he won't go in as a Steeler anyway! :chuckle:

Tankus_Maximus
11-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Woodson is a lock.

Dirt & KG....50/50 could go either way.

fordfan485
11-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Rod is first ballot.

Good luck to KG... but he won't go in as a Steeler anyway! :chuckle:

in the nfl hall of fame players do not go in as a steeler or (insert other team name). It is not like baseball where they go in as a member of a certain team, they go in as a player , coach or contributor

Galax Steeler
11-26-2008, 03:52 AM
Woodson will defenitly make it in on the first ballot and hopefully Dawson will get in as well.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-26-2008, 04:12 AM
in the nfl hall of fame players do not go in as a steeler or (insert other team name). It is not like baseball where they go in as a member of a certain team, they go in as a player , coach or contributor

Yes and no...all teams are listed..but the Primary team is listed in Bold caps

A Hall of Famer is named under all clubs on which he made his primary contribution to professional football - (i.e. - Chuck Noll is listed under Pittsburgh as a coach - but not under Cleveland as a player). Hall of Famers who made the major part of their primary contribution for any one club are listed in BOLD CAPS. In cases where a player contributed about equally and in a major way to two or more clubs - he is listed in BOLD CAPS under both clubs (ie. Nick Buoniconti is listed with both the Patriots and Dolphins as his primary teams). Hall of Famers who spent only a minor portion of their career with any club are listed under that club in lower case

SteelersMongol
11-26-2008, 05:42 AM

Contributors go in 2 the HOF as well? How do they do that?

xfl2001fan
11-26-2008, 07:17 AM
If Rod doesn't get in, it will be second largest gaffe by the HoF committe (behind only Ray Guy).

D.D. was a beast at Center. I remember playing various Madden games and always trying to work out a trade to get the best Center in football on my team (and away from the detested Steelers.)

He should also be a shoe in...but he's an offensive lineman...which means he's automatically overlooked.

The HoF is a joke.

KeiselPower99
11-26-2008, 08:29 AM
All 3 deserve to get in. KG when he retired was 2nd in ALL TIME sacks. I have said since Strahan retied that he dont go ntil KG does. As for Dirt he belongs. Rod is as good as in.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Rod Woodson is one of the best cornerbacks of all time. IMHO, he's better than Sanders. If he's nor first ballot, then there's going to be a problem.

I can see Kevin Greene getting in, because he has that "sexy" stat with sacks, though sacking the QB was about the only thing he was really good at. He wasn't that great of an all-around LB, IMHO.

As for Dawson, he should already be in. But he'll have to wait another year if Woodson gets in...no way the HoF is going to put two major contributors to the Steelers in on the same year.

markymarc
11-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Rod Woodson should be a first time ballot entry into the HOF. One of the best CBs to ever play the game. It really is sad to see that Dawson is still not in. He deserves a bust. I also think Greene should be a first ballot HOF entry. Guy was a demon rushing the QB. Actually I would love to see Greene become an NFL coach. I think he would be really good at helping develop the younger NFL LBs.

Hammer Of The GODS
11-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Peter King says there are too many Steelers in th HoF.

He is just itchin to put Marsha and Belicheat in !

If I ever meet Peter King I will fart in my hand and give him an old fashioned fart blossom! :poop:

43Hitman
11-26-2008, 07:03 PM
If Rod doesn't get in, it will be second largest gaffe by the HoF committe (behind only Ray Guy).

D.D. was a beast at Center. I remember playing various Madden games and always trying to work out a trade to get the best Center in football on my team (and away from the detested Steelers.)

He should also be a shoe in...but he's an offensive lineman...which means he's automatically overlooked.

The HoF is a joke.

I agree with you..It's an old mans version of the Pro Bowl. Just another popularity contest. Prime example is Art Monk, no way in hell Micheal Irvin should have gotten in before him. Having said that, Rod should be a first ballot HoF'er.