PDA

View Full Version : Dallas fan here-I know it's early, but...

BrandonCarr39
11-27-2008, 11:51 PM
1) Obviously, we just finished our wk13 game tonight, and 2) It's Thanksgiving, a rare opportunity to come post over on another team's MB with not much else to do this weekend.:)

Anyhow-first off, congrats to Mike Thomlin for continuining and thriving in the system Bill Cowher layed the groundwork for-he's done an outstanding job in his 2 years in Pitt.(FWIW too, having lived in New Orleans for almost 20 years, my dad and I are also Colts and Giants fans b/c of the Manning connection in The Big Easy, so we like Tony Dungy alot too...which is where we also like his former assistants like Lovie and Thomlin) How old is he? Like 36?(I'm in my 30's too) This is remarkable for a young guy to thrive in a 24/7 high stress job like this.

Second-definitely looking forward to our 12/07 meeting. 2 very good Super Bowl contending teams, albeit former outer-conference rivals going at it in prime time(afternoon).

Like I said-it's still early as you guys still have your wk13 game to prepare, so will be back next week with my analysis. I WILL say that the big monkey on our backs is our Dec doldroms since the Parcells-era started in '03.

ShutDown24
11-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Welcome back to SF

Looking forward to a good game in a couple weeks, but you're right - as does the team I'll take the season one game at a time. Therefore, all Patriots this week.

paw-n-maul-u
11-28-2008, 02:15 AM
... you spelled TOMLIN wrong

Preacher
11-28-2008, 02:21 AM
... you spelled TOMLIN wrong

Yeah, he did.

But thank goodness, it seems he would probably misspell troll as well.

I'll take a misspelling of our coach over a troll any day.

Nice post Tnew.. .welcome back. We have a VERY tough road ahead of us, so I don't think you'll find many fans looking at the Dallas game until Sunday is over.

Hope you enjoy today's win by South America's team.

Snooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooort.

:chuckle:

markymarc
11-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Great post TNewman41. Big game next Sunday. And it looks like the injury bug struck the Cowgirls again with Ware and Barber going down yesterday.

BrandonCarr39
11-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Great post TNewman41. Big game next Sunday. And it looks like the injury bug struck the Cowgirls again with Ware and Barber going down yesterday.

MRIs came out negative on both of them today(Barber's injury is on his pinky toe, so it looks like he'll be good to go).

But injuries or no aside, our fan base's biggest concern is playing well in the final sprint. Since Parcells came(and left, handing it over to Wade), no matter how healthy we've been, we would just fall flat on our faces come Dec(and then Jan). We had a pretty weak Dec schedule last year, but played poorly nonetheless.(You guys have no idea how much Bill Cowher talk comes up on our boards every time we crash and burn at the end)

So we'll see how everything turns out after Christmas. Aside from that-best of luck against NE on Sun. I've always liked the Pats(even despite all their cheating allegations), but I'll admit I'll be rooting for you guys b/c if you lose, the team will be angry and fired up come our meeting the week after!

STEELAMANIA
11-28-2008, 04:12 PM
The new turf at Hines looked great today.......it will be covered with snow by the time the Cowbores arrive ....lol

MACH1
11-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Their always angry and fired up. :helmet:

TeeJay
11-28-2008, 05:29 PM
(You guys have no idea how much Bill Cowher talk comes up on our boards every time we crash and burn at the end)

I was just wondering who would The Cowboys like to see take over in Dallas.
BC is the man, proven record.....sh*t, his record goes before him. Just that would really blow and suck to see Cowher coaching someone else (but at least that'd mean it wouldn't be The Browns....*chokes*)

HometownGal
11-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Hey TNewman - good to see ya! :drink:

No matter how you slice it, the Steelers/Cowboys game is going to be a good one. These two franchises still dislike each other from their rivalry in the 70's. We have a slight advantage in that we are playing at HF, but I never take the Cowboys for granted.

I'm going to send Jessica Simpson a personal invite! :thumbsup::chuckle:

BrandonCarr39
11-28-2008, 06:20 PM
I was just wondering who would The Cowboys like to see take over in Dallas.
BC is the man, proven record.....sh*t, his record goes before him. Just that would really blow and suck to see Cowher coaching someone else (but at least that'd mean it wouldn't be The Browns....*chokes*)

Regardless of the outcome at season's end, Wade will likely be gone(i.e. We win the Super Bowl, he'll retire in the sunset. We come up short, he'll likely be fired).

Jason Garrett is all but a lock to replace him. He didn't get that extension AND a raise for nothing after last year. I don't have a problem with it at all-I prefer a young coach who has alot of longetivity to maintain continuity.

As for others, I wouldn't mind getting Steve Spagnuola(the Giants' defensive wizard) either.

As for Cowher-I've always really admired and respected the guy, but he WILL be 52. Pt being that this isn't the Cowher of 1992 that was in his 30's, had tons of energy, and had the whole horizon ahead of him to stay with one team and maintain continuity. I just can't imagine him doing the same wherever he goes next year-after 4 years, I can see him getting burned out and jumping ship...alot like Parcells when he reached his 50's and was coaching other teams.

Like I said above, I really like Cowher, but as we've seen with older coaches like Parcells and Vermiel, the longevity just isn't there anymore.

Hey TNewman - good to see ya! :drink:

No matter how you slice it, the Steelers/Cowboys game is going to be a good one. These two franchises still dislike each other from their rivalry in the 70's. We have a slight advantage in that we are playing at HF, but I never take the Cowboys for granted.

Honestly-didn't become a football fan until '85, so didn't grow up during those Cowboys/Steelers rivalries in the 70's, so never really hated the Steelers. So ended up liking Terry Bradshaw alot, for some reason(my mom, who HATES football, thinks he's cute).

The only team I REALLY hate with a passion is the Eagles b/c of 1) Bounty Bowl in '89, 2) the batteries in the snowballs incident on Jimmy Johnson later that year, 3) the Mike Irvin incident at The Vet in '99, and 4) of course, their hateful, albeit delusional fans-whenever this team comes up short at season's end, at least our fan base can have some satisfaction.

I'll admit-I got a good laugh out of Jessica Simpon when our season last year ended on a thud.

TeeJay
11-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Regardless of the outcome at season's end, Wade will likely be gone(i.e. We win the Super Bowl, he'll retire in the sunset. We come up short, he'll likely be fired).

Harsh....but expected :wink02:

Jason Garrett is all but a lock to replace him. He didn't get that extension AND a raise for nothing after last year. I don't have a problem with it at all-I prefer a young coach who has alot of longetivity to maintain continuity.

As for others, I wouldn't mind getting Steve Spagnuola(the Giants' defensive wizard) either.

Sean Payton?

As for Cowher-I've always really admired and respected the guy, but he WILL be 52. Pt being that this isn't the Cowher of 1992 that was in his 30's, had tons of energy, and had the whole horizon ahead of him to stay with one team and maintain continuity. I just can't imagine him doing the same wherever he goes next year-after 4 years, I can see him getting burned out and jumping ship...alot like Parcells when he reached his 50's and was coaching other teams.

Like I said above, I really like Cowher, but as we've seen with older coaches like Parcells and Vermiel, the longevity just isn't there anymore.

Thank f**k for that!! :thumbsup: :wink02: To be honest, it just wouldn't be right to see BC on 'the otherside' of the field, coaching someone else!

Get a 'young' one, and stick with 'em, regardless of the first few years results. (Which is why, if I was the owner of The Cowboys, I'd poach Sean Payton now :wink02:....I like his approach, and I'm sure New Orleans wouldn't mind!! :wink02: And that may explain why I'm a Civil Engineer and not a Football Coach! :thumbsup: :chuckle:)

PisnNapalm
11-28-2008, 09:35 PM
The new turf at Hines looked great today.......it will be covered with snow by the time the Cowbores arrive ....lol

The new turf is at Heinz Field, not Hines' house. :flap:

Stlrs4Life
11-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Some great points newman. Should be a fun game to watch. We need to pressure Romo.

STEELAMANIA
11-29-2008, 04:41 PM
The new turf is at Heinz Field, not Hines' house. :flap:

:blah:

BrandonCarr39
11-29-2008, 08:00 PM
What makes you so sure Wade will be fired? Overall, good success in Dallas, no playoff wins yes, but a good share of great coaches have had that type of problem.

The contract he signed from '07 is for 3 years.

When Parcells bolted unexpectedly last year, Jerry's window to find a new HC was pretty short b/c he bolted a bit too late. We had no chance to hire a young guy(like you guys with Cowher in '92) with the little time left to learn the ropes in terms of scouting for talent in the draft, FA, etc.(even though Chicago's DC Ron Rivera and Peyton Manning's QB coach Jim Caldwell were interviewed)

Anyhow, it left Jerry no choice but to get a vet coach-that left us Norv Turner and Wade Phillips(although Mike Singletary WOWED Jerry in his interview to the point he [briefly] came onto his short list).

To be frank-at the time, I wasn't thrilled with either one, ESPECIALLY Norv. Even though Norv was our OC in the 90's under Jimmy when we won 2 of those Super Bowls, he's a notoriously horrific HC.(see Chargers now) At least Wade has had decent success.

Anyways, didn't mean to ramble on-pt being that we're not exactly a rebuilding team. A young team, yes-but one with Super Bowl aspirations. If anything, not only the reasons given above, but Wade is more or less a 1-stop gap. If he takes us over the top, he deserves all the accolades in the world. If not, then it didn't work out.

Plus Jason Garrett was hired as OC *before* Wade was hired. So if anything, Jerry was also making long-term plans for Garrett to become HC somewhere down the line.(i.e. I'm not a fan of Jerry b/c at times, he gets impulses to meddle with decisions that coaches should have control over-but I thought he made the right decision here)

As for my opinions on Wade-I kinda feel bad for the guy at times. No-he's not a Parcells/Cowher busting-balls/in your face type of head coach...he's more of a nice, players coach, leave it up to his assistants and team leaders when it comes to accountability et al kind of guy...but he IS a pretty good coach IMHO who had some dumb luck in the playoffs.(i.e. Ralph Wilson forcing him to bench Flutie for Rob Johnson for that Music City Miracle game put a fork in that team for years)

BTW-I just hope we can avoid the post-Parcells curse. When Parcells bolted his previous teams, the Giants, Pats, and Jets unexpectedly AND late, he left them in situations where management for those teams were given short notice to hire vet coaches...you saw how Ray Handley, Pete Carroll, and Al Grogh/Herman Edwards turned out for those teams over the long haul.

verks36
11-29-2008, 08:10 PM
1) Obviously, we just finished our wk13 game tonight, and 2) It's Thanksgiving, a rare opportunity to come post over on another team's MB with not much else to do this weekend.:)

Anyhow-first off, congrats to Mike Thomlin for continuining and thriving in the system Bill Cowher layed the groundwork for-he's done an outstanding job in his 2 years in Pitt.(FWIW too, having lived in New Orleans for almost 20 years, my dad and I are also Colts and Giants fans b/c of the Manning connection in The Big Easy, so we like Tony Dungy alot too...which is where we also like his former assistants like Lovie and Thomlin) How old is he? Like 36?(I'm in my 30's too) This is remarkable for a young guy to thrive in a 24/7 high stress job like this.

Second-definitely looking forward to our 12/07 meeting. 2 very good Super Bowl contending teams, albeit former outer-conference rivals going at it in prime time(afternoon).

Like I said-it's still early as you guys still have your wk13 game to prepare, so will be back next week with my analysis. I WILL say that the big monkey on our backs is our Dec doldroms since the Parcells-era started in '03.

*Tee Oh EM EL IE EN
Tomlin

cowboykilla
11-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Uh,why are dollars floating around your head? Welcome to Steelers Fever i guess. On the other hand being a ''true'' cowboys hater i wish your team nothing but bad luck and some of this:fingers: and a little of :helmet:. Go STEELERS:tt03:

Dino 6 Rings
11-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Up next, Romo gets destroyed.

Hines0wnz
11-30-2008, 06:37 PM

EL 0H EL

:laughing:

Steeler in Carolina
11-30-2008, 06:38 PM
I bet Owens will be as gun shy as Moss was today. Moss dropped at least 3 passes today.

Preacher
11-30-2008, 06:40 PM
it's going to be a fun game. It really shlud be a game that is played on a Sunday night.

lilyoder6
11-30-2008, 09:21 PM
this game should of been a prime-time game 2 start off with... and like i said in another thread... this dal off could be the 1st team this yr 2 get at least 300 yrds... or at least they have a rly good chance of doing it

Godfather
11-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Good to see you TNewman. I lived in NOLA for 12 years.

BrandonCarr39
12-01-2008, 01:16 AM
First off-Mucho Congrats on your impressive win today! They broadcasted this game in the DFW area, so I got to watch it. I was really impressed with the way the Steelers handled the Pats, especially physically. All good teams have players that step up and make plays at critical times of the games(i.e. Hines Ward on that TD against 2 defenders).

Anyhow-it's late, and I'll be back with some more thoughts on our meeting next week tomorrow. I WILL say though that I would have rather played you guys EARLY in the season b/c of the physical style the Steelers play, I've seen opposing players getting carted off the field almost every game. Too bad we also have to play the Ravens, another physical team that inflicts pain on the opposition, 13 days later.

BrandonCarr39
12-01-2008, 01:58 AM
While I'm back, I'll say a few things...

1) Since that humiliating Rams loss last month(it appeared Wade lost control of his team, TO was at the boiling point, the distractions from Pacman et al got too much, Romo's/Newman's injuries taking their tolls, etc, etc), Wade stripped the playcalling duties from our DC Brian Stewart. At first, I didn't think much of it b/c Wade's blueprints are all over the defense anyways, Stewart's really more of a bus driver. But somehow, it's worked. Since then, our schemes, tackling, etc have been much improved.

2) Our ST, which has been our achilles heel since Wade hired Bruce Reid last year, has also been much improved over the last month.

3) While I try not to make excuses about injuries, to be fair, during our slump where we lost 3/4(and started hitting ESPN 24/7 with tons of negative headlines), we had a ton of guys on the injured list. Most of them are healthy now.

4) During this 5 game stretch, where our only loss was to the defending Super Bowl Champs @The Meadowlands, I thought this team played with alot more heart and enthusiasm, at least for the first time in awhile.

Anyhow-I prolly sound like a homer, but on the flip side of the coin, it prolly means nothing, why? B/c we were in the same situation in '03, '05, and '06...started off the season kinda mediocrely, hit our stride a month prior going into Thanksgiving, everyone saying how "We're peaking at the right time", "We're the team to beat as we're getting stronger", blah, blah, blah...only for TSTHTF when all was said and done.

Pt being that none of this means anything UNLESS we finish the final sprint playing lights out. At least now compared to the other year's, Wade has our pass rush going, while Parcells was too stubborn to stay put with a bend-but-don't-break defense. Plus Romo is healthy and we know he's our best chance to win.

And besides, to put more things into perspective, we really didn't play anyone...the Bucs don't have much of an offense, the Skins' QB is terrible, and, of course, the Niners and Hawks are the laughing stocks of the league. So even with stout defensive efforts, honestly, it's hard to make a gauge on how good we really are.

If anything, my BIG gripe with this team is when they lose, there's no accountability among anyone. No, it's not just Owens-it's been like this for quite some time now even BEFORE Owens came here, FWIW.

Look at the Pats, for example-after they lost yesterday's game to you guys, almost immediately, all of their players took accountability, INCLUDING Randy Moss of all people.

Anyhow-that's enough of my rave and rant for now. Will be back tomorrow.

stlrtruck
12-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Welcome to the board and now that the beating of the patriots* and cassell have been complete it's time to turn our attention to romo, to, and giving them another beat back to reality!

I have much respect for romo and for barber, but to is jut a cry baby and he's about to implode this coming Sunday when he's covered thicker than my son's pancakes in syrup!!!

As for injuries, we've had our fair share and we've come out of a few games using second string players. So that's not an excuse for poor performance and L's!

The cowboys defense seems formidable but I think they will eventually wear down. I also don't think the dallas o-line can handle the multiple blitz packages that LeBeau has designed.

But that's why they play the game.

steelpride12
12-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Steelers play their best game the later the season gets. The 5 rings are due to the maximum output during December, January and even February.

Your cowboys are a much better, tougher opponent than the Pats right now, but your coming to our house during our prime months and the Steelers won't lay down and take it. Its gonna be one physical game with two tough roudy defenses going at it.

revefsreleets
12-01-2008, 10:47 AM
To the Cowboys fan, in the words of the immortal Ivan Drago:

"You will lose"

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-01-2008, 10:51 AM

"You will lose"
I thought you were gonna go with "I must break you". :noidea:

its gonna be a good game. I hope it snows.

revefsreleets
12-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Actually, this is better:

"To crush the Cowgirls, to see them driven before the Steelers, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Steel_Bus_24
12-01-2008, 10:56 AM
I thought you were gonna go with "I must break you". :noidea:

its gonna be a good game. I hope it snows.

http://www.retroclobber.co.uk/movie-t-shirts/images/tshirts/rocky-i-must-break-you-t-shirt-logo.gif

Love Rocky IV

TackleMeBen
12-01-2008, 10:58 AM
welcome newman to the boards..

it will be a very good game. i am hoping that harrison and woodley roll out the welcome mat for romo..:thumbsup:

harrison: hey tony, i would like for you to meet my best friend.. the turf..:wink02:

BrandonCarr39
12-01-2008, 10:58 AM

"You will lose"

We all know how that turned out in the end.:flap:

Really though-I was looking at the stat sheets of opponents that played you guys, and one thing I noticed that it's awfully hard to run against your D. For example, Indy, a team that's usually patient with the run, abandoned it a good one. One of Jason Garrett's weaknesses is that if the run game isn't work, he'll abandon it completely. But if does so in this game, I'll understand.

I pretty much realize that if we beat you guys, it has to be through the air-which makes me nervous b/c despite our arsenal attack, our OL is a bit vulnerable to picking up blitzes. I DO like our matchups against your secondary, but again, it all starts up front.

BTW-here's a bit of news from our front...Wade said in his press conference that both Ware and Barber will only participate in walk-throughs today. If they can practice later in the week, then they'll play. I hope they DO play, especially Ware.

Mike Jenkins(one of our subpackage corners drafted in the 1st round this year) and Miles Austin are likely out for this game, although Wade said he's not ready to rule them out yet. Pacman WILL come back, but he'll only play in the subpackages.

If I have to make an early prediction now, I think it'll go either way with either team winning by 3-4. However-if Ware and/or Barber don't play, then the dynamics will change for us by quite a bit.

BrandonCarr39
12-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Are there rules in this forum that we have to post the actual link? Here's a DMN blog someone posted on the CMB-thought I'd drop it by here. Pretty much sums up what I said above.

DMN Blog

Thoughts on the news conference

10:35 AM Mon, Dec 01, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

Wade Phillips said the team still has to make one more roster move to get Pacman Jones to the active roster.

Phillips said Pacman Jones will play Sunday in Pittsburgh.

Does the team cut Quincy Butler?

Miles Austin (knee) is at least a week away from practicing.

DeMarcus Ware will practice with a knee brace on Wednesday, if he practices, and might use it in Sunday's game.

Marion Barber, from listening to Phillips, won't practice this week. Expect Tashard Choice and Alonzo Coleman to get plenty of reps in practice.

Montrae Holland gets another start and Phillips said he did a good job against Seattle.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry
The entry "Thoughts on the news conference" is tagged: DeMarcus Ware , Marion Barber , Pacman Jones , Wade Phillips

Categories: Adam Jones, DeMarcus Ware, Pacman Jones

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Actually, this is better:

"To crush the Cowgirls, to see them driven before the Steelers, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Sorry, but every time I hear that Conan clip, I think of a young Arnie in "Hercules of New York" You are right, a much better line, but I just cant shake the Herc movie.

Great thing about this game is both teams can be so Jeckyl and Hyde. Both can look like SB contenders one week and pretenders the next. I'm hoping B-Mac and Townsend are back healthy. Gettin my popcorn ready!! :popcorn:

Steel_Bus_24
12-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Im most worried about Witten....Sometimes I still see Crumpler catching passes against us in 06 when I shut my Eyes

Romo has a quick release and loves the TE

Our pass rush needs to stay tall an bat those quick passes down when we blitz

BrandonCarr39
12-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Here's a couple of more DMN blog, FWIW...

Pacman Jones will play in sub packages, return punts

10:31 AM Mon, Dec 01, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Adam "Pacman" Jones will basically jump right back into the roles he played before getting booted for six games.

Wade Phillips said he expects Pacman to play in sub (nickel and dime) packages and return punts. Phillips didn't rule out Pacman returning kickoffs, too.

"He's ready to go," Phillips said. "He wants to play. He's attentive. He's at the meetings early. He's asking questions."

Defensive coordinator Brian Stewart and secondary coach Dave Campo expressed concerns about Pacman's conditioning after he spent a month in a Boston rehab. But Phillips isn't worried about what kind of shape Pacman is in, even though the Cowboys haven't put him through any kind of conditioning tests since he's returned to Valley Ranch. Phillips noted that a guy Pacman's size doesn't get out of shape easily.

Fifth-round pick Orlando Scandrick's playing time will be reduced significantly with Pacman's return. Scandrick has far exceeded expectations as a slot corner, but he struggled against the Seahawks, who threw for a season-high 287 yards on Thanksgiving.

We'd love to talk to Pacman about his return (among other things), but he's not expected to chat with the media until after he plays a game.

Comments (1) Leave comment | E-mail entry
The entry "Pacman Jones will play in sub packages, return punts" is tagged: Brian Stewart , Dave Campo , Orlando Scandrick

Categories: Pacman Jones, Wade Phillips

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Injury updates: DeMarcus Ware, Marion Barber probably won't practice today

10:18 AM Mon, Dec 01, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

RB Marion Barber (dislocated right pinkie toe) and OLB DeMarcus Ware (hyperextended left knee) remain day-to-day.

"We'll see how they are," Wade Phillips said. "I don't foresee them practicing much today."

Phillips said Barber might not practice all week. He does expect to see Ware on the practice field, wearing a knee brace, at some point this week.

CB Mike Jenkins (hamstring) is doubtful for Sunday's game in Pittsburgh. WR Miles Austin (knee) is "still about a week away" from returning, according to Dr. Wade.

Kvnfaber
12-01-2008, 03:13 PM
TNewman41, thanks for your input. This is really a quality thread and a great read for some well informed information from both sides.

Personally, I have a co-worker that is a die-hard Cowboys fan and he's heading to the game. I'm hoping I can give him a little crap when he comes back due to a big Steelers win, but honestly I see a smashmouth football game coming with some highlight reel defense.

I hope The Quarterbacks stay healthy as I never wish injury on anyone, but Harrison and Woodley will hopefully be harrassing Romo all game!

Here's to a good game!

BrandonCarr39
12-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Speaking of Cowher, ASSUMING he comes back to coach wherever next year, does this ever prop up in your mind...that he could very well bring back some of his former, albeit older players like Neil O'Donnell, Kordell/Bettis out of retirement, Chad Scott, Mike Vrabel, etc?

When Parcells was here in Dallas, he did the same thing-he got Vinny T to start at QB one year, then Bledsoe the next year, traded for Terry Glenn and Keyshawn, had his former Jet Ritchie Anderson for a couple of years, among others-which was partially his undoing here. Bum Phillips also did the same thing when he went to coach another team, New Orleans, years later(acquired his former, albeit over-the-hill QB Ken Stabler).

Anyhow-not trying to knock on Cowher or anything, but the backdraw on older coaches is that they're a bit impatient and start relying on vets too much.

BrandonCarr39
12-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Here's another news item. Our LG, Kyle Kosier, was placed on IR recently-he's been battling a sprained foot since late preseason, but has managed to play a couple of games for us.

We got Holland in a trade with Denver in August, while it's taken him time to pick up the playbook, he got his first start in Seattle and has played VERY well. Proctor, OTOH, has just sucked wind all year.

Whatever Montrae Holland did in his first start of the season for the Cowboys in the game against the Seahawks was apparently better than Cory Procter, so the guard will start again against the Steelers.

Procter proved to be a good backup, but he hit a ceiling early after he replaced Kyle Kosier.

Holland, who was a starter for the Broncos last season, may not be the second coming of Steve Hutchinson but he appears to be an upgrade over Procter.

- Mac Engel

NYC SteelersFan
12-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Speaking of Cowher, ASSUMING he comes back to coach wherever next year, does this ever prop up in your mind...that he could very well bring back some of his former, albeit older players like Neil O'Donnell, Kordell/Bettis out of retirement, Chad Scott, Mike Vrabel, etc?

When Parcells was here in Dallas, he did the same thing-he got Vinny T to start at QB one year, then Bledsoe the next year, traded for Terry Glenn and Keyshawn, had his former Jet Ritchie Anderson for a couple of years, among others-which was partially his undoing here. Bum Phillips also did the same thing when he went to coach another team, New Orleans, years later(acquired his former, albeit over-the-hill QB Ken Stabler).

Anyhow-not trying to knock on Cowher or anything, but the backdraw on older coaches is that they're a bit impatient and start relying on vets too much.

If he gets the job at Cleveland, I would be happy if he brought some of those guys back...lol

Bettis is not coming back to play for anyone, he has serious health issues. That magical bus is parked for good.

What would concern me is how much of the current playbook belongs to Cowher and what would happen if became the coach of Cleveland, though I doubt he would.

jjpro11
12-01-2008, 10:31 PM

i hope he brings back o'donnell so i can see harrison and woodley smack the sh*t out of him all game.

stillers4me
12-01-2008, 10:33 PM
If he gets the job at Cleveland, I would be happy if he brought some of those guys back...lol

Bettis is not coming back to play for anyone, he has serious health issues. That magical bus is parked for good.

What would concern me is how much of the current playbook belongs to Cowher and what would happen if became the coach of Cleveland, though I doubt he would.

Somehow, I can't see the wife moving to Cleveland. And I can't see Cowher making a commute farther than he did in Pittsburgh.

NYC SteelersFan
12-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Somehow, I can't see the wife moving to Cleveland. And I can't see Cowher making a commute farther than he did in Pittsburgh.

I doubt it also, especially since it was reported on ESPN, but stranger things have happened so I won't completely count it out.

BrandonCarr39
12-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Here's a piece about our 2nd round rookie(Martellus Bennett out of TX A&M)...he's not a very bright guy, and he also lived in his own world, but alot of the things he says IS pretty funny nonetheless.

Ask Cowboys rookie tight end Martellus Bennett a question and....you never know what the answer might be.

What makes Pittsburgh's defense so good?

"I know they have a lot of greats players on there. A lot of good players on Madden (video game) I like to play with, like (Troy) Polamalu, and um, is (James) Farrior still there? They are pretty good on Madden, so I just imagine they are good in real life. I like to blitz with him. It will be an honor to play against Polamalu."

- Rick Herrin

MACH1
12-02-2008, 11:12 AM
I doubt it also, especially since it was reported on ESPN, but stranger things have happened so I won't completely count it out.

Money talks. If they give him some astronomical of money he'd go there. :noidea:

BrandonCarr39
12-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Here's Kevin Burnett's(our nickel LB and ST stud) weekly blog on the game, FWIW...

http://kevinburnettblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/12/buckle-up.html

Buckle Up
9:42 AM Tue, Dec 02, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Kevin Burnett E-mail News tips
After watching tape on the Steelers I would say we are in for a monster football game. I have not watched their game from Sunday yet but I saw the score. Anybody care to give me some perspective before I watch their last game? I'll be watching tape on them for a bit today, just wanted some insight.

What is going to happen to Buress? Do you think he will get much wiggle room? Stats show that carrying a gun or having a gun in the home, your likely to injure yourself or a loved one before you use it to protect yourself.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Here's another news item. Our LG, Kyle Kosier, was placed on IR recently-he's been battling a sprained foot since late preseason, but has managed to play a couple of games for us.

We got Holland in a trade with Denver in August, while it's taken him time to pick up the playbook, he got his first start in Seattle and has played VERY well. Proctor, OTOH, has just sucked wind all year.

That is the only real hole in your O line. The other 4 are solid and I think Adams might have trouble with the speed of Harrison, but otherwise, I expect Columbo to be OK handling Woodley in the pass rush.

The challenge will be if our D-line can plug things up to stop Barber, Jones and my personal favorite sleeper draft pick.....Tashard Choice.

BrandonCarr39
12-02-2008, 11:50 AM
That is the only real hole in your O line. The other 4 are solid and I think Adams might have trouble with the speed of Harrison, but otherwise, I expect Columbo to be OK handling Woodley in the pass rush.

The challenge will be if our D-line can plug things up to stop Barber, Jones and my personal favorite sleeper draft pick.....Tashard Choice.

If anything, we got lucky in this year's draft. It wasn't so much we had Cleveland's #1, but the entire draft was rich in talent to the point where we got depth at BOTH the RB and CB positions(like Choice, Scandreck(sp) was also a 2nd day steal). While Felix is a big loss for us, we're confidence Choice will step in nicely.

Like I said in another thread-if our OL has a weakness, it's picking up the blitz. Both SF and Seattle had some success against us last week. I'm not sure if it's b/c members of the OL, especially Gurode, lacks intelligence, or if it's a lack of athleticism in terms of the matchups, but it's been a bit of a problem, but thankfully, Romo is a Houdini who can just elude defenders all over the place.

lilyoder6
12-02-2008, 11:57 AM
jones is on the IR and that sucks for the cowboys... they lose that home run hit from him in the running game and esp the passing game..

i bet we'll have some qb spys going on to make sure romo doesn't cont a play like he can

revefsreleets
12-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Wait til you get a load of our blitz.

I think this will be similar to the Pats game. The Cowboys will hang around for a half and then we will wear them down. I'm sure the conditions will not be good, which will favor the Steelers as well. The colder the better!

BrandonCarr39
12-02-2008, 12:00 PM
jones is on the IR and that sucks for the cowboys... they lose that home run hit from him in the running game and esp the passing game..

i bet we'll have some qb spys going on to make sure romo doesn't cont a play like he can

On kick returns as well-we were spoiled with great field positions b/c of his returns. I believe our other KR, Miles Austin, may be out too, although Wade said don't be surprised if he does play.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Like I said in another thread-if our OL has a weakness, it's picking up the blitz. Both SF and Seattle had some success against us last week. I'm not sure if it's b/c members of the OL, especially Gurode, lacks intelligence, or if it's a lack of athleticism in terms of the matchups, but it's been a bit of a problem, but thankfully, Romo is a Houdini who can just elude defenders all over the place.

Yeah, I think you guys have the kind of line like back in the 90's. Big mammoths that arent that agile to get out on screen passes, but are like trying to go around a '79 Cadillac to get to the QB.

Davis, Adams, Columbo arent guys with light feet, so maybe the quicker blitzers might give them trouble. If Gurode is the pass blocking weak point, I expect to see a lot of double go's from our ILB's.

BrandonCarr39
12-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I think you guys have the kind of line like back in the 90's. Big mammoths that arent that agile to get out on screen passes, but are like trying to go around a '79 Cadillac to get to the QB.

Davis, Adams, Columbo arent guys with light feet, so maybe the quicker blitzers might give them trouble. If Gurode is the pass blocking weak point, I expect to see a lot of double go's from our ILB's.

LOL-you guys probably have seen Gurode's wild shotgun snaps at least 100 X's on ESPN. When Parcells was here, he would rotate him with Corey Procter in our shotgun plays-at least Wade does his best to trust him. He's been a very, very good center for us, and I really like his blocking, but his natural position is at Guard, FWIW.

Leonard Davis has been a HUGE upgrade to our OL. He was the #2 overall pick by Arizona in '01(I think), and word was that he was overweight, lazy, and unmotivated in AZ...but IMHO, he's been our best OL.(Our previous guy in his spot was Marco Rivera-who Parcells got as an UFA from GB, but ultimately injured his back lifting weights which all but had a negative impact on him) And surprisingly, his pass blocking, which supposedly was his weakness, has been outstanding.

Marc Columbo was a former 1st round injury bust from Chicago-Parcells obviously saw something we didn't and made a trade for him in the '05 midseason. He too has exceeded my expectations, and has provided alot of leadership on the front. He's had his fair share of shutting down the elite pass rushers in this league(i.e. last year, he shut down GB's Aaron Kampmann on ONE ankle), and he's also done a very good job against the Eagles' speed rushers.

As for screen passes-yes, I find it dissapointing our OL, as massive as it is, isn't athletic enough to block those. Garrett doesn't even call screens to Owens(of course, he's the best WR in terms of breaking screen passes), which isn't surprising considering.

Overall, yes, sometimes I scratch my head why they're all over the place, from great to bad throughout the course of the season.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Marc Columbo was a former 1st round injury bust from Chicago-Parcells obviously saw something we didn't and made a trade for him in the '05 midseason.

As for screen passes-yes, I find it dissapointing our OL, as massive as it is, isn't athletic enough to block those. Garrett doesn't even call screens .

Columbo will be a FA again this offseason and unless Dallas extends him, I expect him to draw some good $$ as a solid RT. Wouldnt mind seeing him in the Burgh, but doubt we pay for him.

As for no screen passes, you dont have the line for it. I remember Jimmy Johnson saying he never had them in his playbook at Dallas in the 90's, because his massive O linemen (Erik Williams, Nate Newton, Larry Allen, etc) couldnt get downfield to block on screens. Similar thing here.

tony hipchest
12-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Wait til you get a load of our blitz.

I think this will be similar to the Pats game. The Cowboys will hang around for a half and then we will wear them down. I'm sure the conditions will not be good, which will favor the Steelers as well. The colder the better!i just listened to woodley on sirius. he said the patriots hadnt seen nobody like the steelers all year. said they played a few 3-4's but nobody does it how they do it.

-the hit by clark was worth it bacause it was "put on film and the rest of the league saw it", and know if they try crossing the middle they may get "their head knocked off". "nobody else went in the middle the rest of the game". said moss was dropping balls cause he was worried about getting hit.

-romo may wanna think twice about trying to get outside the pocket, because instead of getting hit by 1 or 2 defenders, he will have "all 11 after him".

oh, and he said they gotta come play up in the cold (wont be 70-80 degrees).

early forecast is 30 degrees with snow showers. :tt03:

OneForTheToe
12-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Not sure if this has been posted, but i thought it was funny. It is Cowboys' TE Martellus Bennetts' take on the Steelers D. I at least have to give him credit for not giving the usual canned answer:

Ask Cowboys rookie tight end Martellus Bennett a question and....you never know what the answer might be.

What makes Pittsburgh's defense so good?

"I know they have a lot of greats players on there. A lot of good players on Madden (video game) I like to play with, like (Troy) Polamalu, and um, is (James) Farrior still there? They are pretty good on Madden, so I just imagine they are good in real life. I like to blitz with him. It will be an honor to play against Polamalu."

- Rick Herrin

http://startelegramsports.typepad.com/cowboys/2008/12/this-is-how-bennett-knows-steelers-defense-is-good.html

BrandonCarr39
12-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Not sure if this has been posted, but i thought it was funny. It is Cowboys' TE Martellus Bennetts' take on the Steelers D. I at least have to give him credit for not giving the usual canned answer:

http://startelegramsports.typepad.com/cowboys/2008/12/this-is-how-bennett-knows-steelers-defense-is-good.html

Bennett has been quite a story for us-the minute he was drafted, both the CMB *and* the DFW media went into near meltdown. We were like, "We have Jason Witten and his backup Tony Curtis is very good, why the [expletives] do we need ANOTHER Tight End?!?".

Then throughout mini-camp and TC, reports about his progress weren't so rosey, even by the likes of our homers like Mickey Spagnola. Word was that he was lazy, unmotivated, was too slow to pick up the playbook, and supposedly our TE coach(John Garrett) had headaches with him.

Ultimately, he has been a pleasant surprise for us this year. His blocking has been very, very good(his first eyepopping one was on Brian Dawkins in wk2), he's shown great hands and quickness(he caught the game winner for us in the 2nd Skins game), and ultimately now, we feel that 1) We can use more 2 TE sets, which Garrett loves, and 2) If Witten were to miss any time, we have some nice depth at this position.

Overall-turned out great for us as well b/c the Witten's previous backup we drafted 2 years ago(Anthony Fasano) didn't work out for us, and ended up trading him to Miami.

Like I said earlier-he's not very bright, and he lives in his own world(he's always talking about comic books, superhero movies, and everything 10 year old kids crave over), but he's a trip to listen to.

BrandonCarr39
12-02-2008, 03:07 PM
A local radio station here just reported SS Pat Watkins(Roy Williams' backup) has just been put on IR-no surprise here b/c he's been hobbled by that neck injury since the 1st Skins game in Sept.

Not sure who'll fill this slot(I believe either Keith Davis or Darren Stone will)-will be back later on it.

BrandonCarr39
12-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Just read that 3 key New Orleans Saints players got suspended for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy(Deuce McCalister, Will Smith, and Charles Grant), and Kevin/Pat Williams(the Vikings 2 monster DTs) got suspended for the same reason too.

Pt being that we're in a dog fight with the Falcons and Panthers for the WC spots, and both play the Saints and/or the Vikings in their remaining schedule.

Looks like our backs now are REALLY against the wall now:popcorn:!

The Duke
12-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Just read that 3 key New Orleans Saints players got suspended for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy(Deuce McCalister, Will Smith, and Charles Grant), and Kevin/Pat Williams(the Vikings 2 monster DTs) got suspended for the same reason too.

Pt being that we're in a dog fight with the Falcons and Panthers for the WC spots, and both play the Saints and/or the Vikings in their remaining schedule.

Looks like our backs now are REALLY against the wall now:popcorn:!

That really hurts the vikes playoffs chances

and the saints....well, can their defense actually get any worse? :flap:

A local radio station here just reported SS Pat Watkins(Roy Williams' backup) has just been put on IR-no surprise here b/c he's been hobbled by that neck injury since the 1st Skins game in Sept.

Not sure who'll fill this slot(I believe either Keith Davis or Darren Stone will)-will be back later on it.

Btw. what's your opinion on williams? He's been awful the past few seasons, you think they keep him?

I'd certainly love to see a team like the browns fall for him

steel striker
12-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Welcome TN41 this has been a very good thread and, it is nice to a fan of another team talk respectful of both teams. I think it is going to be a great game. Good luck to your guys but not too much luck. lol I'm really looking foward to this game. My one brother is a huge cowboy fan and, well I'm a longtime steeler guy. Where I bowl at the cowboys fans there having giving it to me and I have talk smack to them as well so this as been a fun week.

BrandonCarr39
12-02-2008, 08:35 PM
That really hurts the vikes playoffs chances

and the saints....well, can their defense actually get any worse? :flap:

The Vikes should win their division though b/c they're in the NFCN.

Smith and Grant are also VERY good against the run-opposing offenses can now run the ball, control the clock AND the tempo of the game, hence keeping Brees, Bush, and co off the field. Yeah-their offense will take a hit, indirectly, as well.

Btw. what's your opinion on williams? He's been awful the past few seasons, you think they keep him?

I'd certainly love to see a team like the browns fall for him

Obviously, he's one of the worst coverage safeties in the NFL. His coverage skills aren't just bad, they're BBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDD. Even though SS's don't have great coverage skills, Roy can't even do the basic things(i.e. give safety help to the corner).

However...I mentioned in another thread that he DOES give us excellent run support, which is where he's been sorely missed. After he went down in wk2 against the Eagles, it started to show. Clinton Portis started breaking off runs a couple of weeks later where Roy WOULD have been to make the stop, lead the support, etc.

Granted-our run D improved dramatically after Phillips took over the playcalling duties after Steven Jackson ran wild over us over a month ago-we shut down Portis, Frank Gore, and the Bucs' RBs during this stretch, although Brandon Jacobs had a big game against us. However-we really haven't faced a great offense in this stretch(i.e. Skins don't even have a good passing game with Campbell under center).

Anyhow-I'm not sure what Roy's future will be like. It's not so much his coverage skills are bad, but after he got a big contract extension in '05, he just got complacent. It's been forever since we've seen him being a feared force in the middle of the field, he's not much of a leader, and since the horse-collar rule got banned, his tackling techniques have gotten exposed.

Like I said-despite his shortcomings, he's been excellent in run support for us. But OTOH-if we can get a decent SS in the draft next year, then I won't shed a tear if we move on w/o him. Yah-let Cleveland have him and Ward, Holmes, Miller, and your other receivers will enjoy their shares of long pass plays 2 X's a year.

BrandonCarr39
12-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Welcome TN41 this has been a very good thread and, it is nice to a fan of another team talk respectful of both teams. I think it is going to be a great game. Good luck to your guys but not too much luck. lol I'm really looking foward to this game. My one brother is a huge cowboy fan and, well I'm a longtime steeler guy. Where I bowl at the cowboys fans there having giving it to me and I have talk smack to them as well so this as been a fun week.

Hey thanks!

I moved back to North Texas after mother nature hit the Big Easy 2 years ago. Up here, I'm surprised there's a variety of fans from most of the NFL teams. I've even seen a few Steelers fans here.

tony hipchest
12-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Like I said-despite his shortcomings, he's been excellent in run support for us. But OTOH-if we can get a decent SS in the draft next year, then I won't shed a tear if we move on w/o him. Yah-let Cleveland have him and Ward, Holmes, Miller, and your other receivers will enjoy their shares of long pass plays 2 X's a year.

anthony smith would be a star in dallas.

BrandonCarr39
12-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Good afternoon gentlemen...thought I'd drop by some news items today. Looks like Ware and Barber will play, but how effective they'll be? I don't know.

Posted by mickshot at 12/3/2008 11:02 AM CST on truebluefanclub.com

Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips sounded pretty skeptical on Monday about the chances of DeMarcus Ware (knee) and Marion Barber (toe) being ready to play in Sunday's game against Pittsburgh. But by Wednesday morning he sounded a little more optimistic his two Pro Bowl players would be available to play at Heinz Field.

Phillips, on his Wednesday morning segment on TheTicket (1310-AM), said he thought both guys "would play," but wasn't sure how much they will be able to practice this week or if they would practice Wednesday afternoon. Neither participated in the light workout on Monday. Ware is trying to recover from the hyper-extended left knee he suffered on Thanksgiving Day and Barber is trying to see what he can do on the dislocated right little toe that knocked him out of the Seattle game.

To me, if the Cowboys don't sign another running back to the 53-man roster by the end of the week then that's a pretty good indication Barber should be able to at least share the running back responsibilities with Tashard Choice. The Cowboys did not work out any running backs on Tuesday, traditionally a workout day for most teams in the NFL looking to fill a roster spot.

Mickey Spagnola

Comments (14) | Permanent Link

MySA Blog

Jerry says Ware, Barber will play Sunday
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones expects both linebacker DeMarcus Ware and running back Marion Barber to play Sunday in Pittsburgh.

Speaking Tuesday on his weekly radio show in Dallas, Jones said the fact neither player sustained structural damage when they got injured on Thanksgiving Day is a good sign.

Ware hyperextended his left knee against the Seahawks. Barber dislocated his right pinkie toe.

MRIs for both were negative.

"You have to be relieved that structurally nothing was there with ligament damage with Ware," Jones said. "And he'll be sore this week, but it's a bone bruise there in the knee, and he can play through that and should be ready to go."

Ware will wear a brace on his knee. Barber is expected to be fitted with a shoe that has a plate.

"Barber, it's a support thing underneath that small toe on his foot, and visiting with doctors, they've told me that should be very doable, to support that underneath," Jones said. "With just the type of player he is, he should be able to really get out there and execute with that support."

Comments [0 Posted]: Read - Post

MasterOfPuppets
12-03-2008, 01:56 PM
crap......:doh:

revefsreleets
12-03-2008, 02:38 PM
I, for one, want to beat the Girls when they are healthy and playing with their best talent. It removes any possible post-game excuses...

BrandonCarr39
12-03-2008, 05:07 PM
For anyone who cares, here's a transcript of Wade's PC for today someone posted on our board:

Hope Ware and Barber will play. Both didn't practice. Rested some veterans today. They went to all themeetings, walkthroughs, film after the walkthrough. THey just didn't do the regular practice itself. It's the time of year that some of these guys need to rest, get them off their feet. We need to keep them fresher for this last part of the season. I noticed Pitt did the same thing with a few guys. Had a good practice. Looking forward to the game -- Pitt is one of the best teams in the league. THey're playing well -- their defense has dismantled every offense they've played. It's pretty close to those Steel Curtain teams. Their offense is efficient. THey take advantage of what their defense does.

[Some question about keeping guys off their feet]
Our walkthrough, we go through all of the the plays we practice. And we film that. And we go through that. They're not going to miss a whole lot as far as those things are concerned. As for their techniques, they're veterans.

Was it a recommendation from the training staff?
No, it was something I felt like we needed to do.

Flo's hand?
He's medically okay.

Will you give him any help with Harrison?
Certainly we will in certain cases. We have a lot of confidence in Flozell. Harrison is a good player. Both their outside backers are good players. But we'll double him some.

Expectations for DeMarcus?
Hoping he'll play. We've had nothing but positive thigns from our doctors and training staff as far as thinking they're going to play. But until you practice or do something you don't know for sure.

Does that field factor into it?
I think it's just whether they're ready to play. I don't think the field's going to be too much of a factor. They say they've resodded the field.

Will either practice tomorrow?
I don't know. I doubt it. I think Friday is key -- see how they're moving on Friday.

COuld they go a whole week without practice?
They should be able to. Most guys could at this point in the season. They've had I don't know how many practices since training camp and they've played a lot of games. Guys should be able to come in and play at this point in the season.

How's Choice been?
Tashard works hard and he's ready to go. He was ready last game. He's been ready. We feel comfortable with him.

What will Pacman do?
Uhm....returns and defense. We'll work him into subpackages. That's how you work in any player that hasn't been in for awhile.

Does it affect Scandrick?
No, he plays in the slot.

Scandrick playing well?
We like what he's done. He's going to be a very good player for us. In some ways he's still a rookie, but we've played pretty good pass defense since he's been playing. He plays really well in the slot. That's usually the toughest thing to cover. We haven't given him a lot of help either, and he's done a good job.

Is Ward their slot guy?
THey move him around some. They play a lot of bunch stuff -- 3 guys that scatter.

How you feel about Ward on Scandrick?
I feel fine, but we'll give him some help. We play zone, we play blitz, we play man, and we play man with some help. Just depends on what they're trying to do.

Can you get back to moving Henry inside on the subpackages like earlier in the season?
Possibly. I wouldn't tell Pittsburgh that.

How does Romo look without the splint?
Good. He's throwing the ball well. He threw the ball well with a splint on -- I hope he plays better. Otherwise we'll put the splint back on.

Witten says he's playing as well as he has in the last 3 years, would you agree?
He's played awfully well. He's won a lot of games. I think he's playing real well. Pittsburgh has dismantled teams. New England had 500+ yards two weeks in a row and they demolished them. So it'll be a tough test for us.

Is it hard for the QB to identify who is coming? Is that what separates them from other defenses?
Some of it. That's why we play that way. They get a lot of sacks and we get a lot of sacks.

Is Troy Polamalu freelancing much?
No, he plays within the scheme. They give him a lot of latitude, because he's very instinctive, but it's just a combination of both. He has things he's assigned to do, people he's responsible for. Or they can just let him blitz. Last week he just jumped over the entire team. He's a special player.

What jumps out at you about Harrison?
Passrush ability. Quickness off the ball. He gets around the corner really quick. It's like DeMarcus in some ways. Except DeMarcus is a little more powerful and a little bit quicker.

How is he against the run?
Good. They're killing against the run -- #1 in the league. Overall, I think their inside 'backers do a great job against the run.

Why not practice outside?
The wind was blowing about 300 mph.

Does the weather during the game not play into the decision of where to practice?
It does, but you can't practice throwing the football in 300 mph. If it's 300 mph in the game, then it's going to change the game no matter what. It's not going to help us throwing into that wind out here. If it's cold tomorrow and not windy, we'll go outside. You make all those decisions as a coach and that's what I did.

With your second safety on injured reserve, do you have to get any more creative back there?
We did pick up Tra Battle, who is a safety. That was part of the reason we picked him up. We're working some other people back there -- Alan Ball. You have to go with the players you have. I think we have some guys that can do it.

Henry getting reps at safety?
No.

Bradie James?
I've said all along he's a realy good player. We play him more and more because he makes plays. We've played him on 3rd downs the last 5 or 6 games. He's a real smart player that is very active, he anticipates well and plays well. Has a nose for the football and he doesn't make many mistakes. He's having an outstanding year. I don't know how many tackles he has, but he should have more tackles than any other person in the league, I would think.

How has Zach's presence impacted Bradie?
I think it's helped both of them. They're playing off each other really well -- which wasn't the case early in the season. Now they know where each other will be. Bradie can play more cutbacks because he knows where Zach's gonna be.

How much does being in his 2nd year in your defense help?
I think it helps with anybody. Any team that keeps the same scheme -- you know I'm all for keeping the same coaches and scheme because it gives you that consistency.

The teams that have beat Pitt, what have they done?
Well, division games, they know each other. They won and lost close games. Nothing particular, because nobody has moved the ball on them. Pittsburgh turned the ball over more, is what made the difference in the losses.

Pat Watkins?
It's just one of the chronic things, where if you rest him and then put him back it, it'll happen again. He'll be fine at some point, but it'll be after the season.

If Barber doesn't go, will have you to call up a RB?
Possibly. If we don't feel like Barber can go, you look at maybe another RB. If you only have one healthy back, you better look at another one.

Would you rather not mess with the roster?
It's not not wanting to do it. I don't want to get into a situation where we don't have anyone to run the ball. It's just if Barber is close, then we won't have to do it.

ShutDown24
12-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Why not practice outside?
The wind was blowing about 300 mph.

I really agree with the follow up question for this. I despise teams that have to practice indoors because of any kind of condition. They all do it though to some extent, so.

How's Choice been?
Tashard works hard and he's ready to go. He was ready last game. He's been ready. We feel comfortable with him.

I'm really interested to see this play out as well if Barber can't contribute much.

BrandonCarr39
12-03-2008, 06:45 PM
I really agree with the follow up question for this. I despise teams that have to practice indoors because of any kind of condition. They all do it though to some extent, so.

Yeah-the media guys here like Nate Newton and Randy Galloway were wondering too, as well as some of the fans on our board.

It's also pretty windy here this week in the DFW area, so it could have been a great opportunity to practice outdoors.

Oh well-we'll see how it turns out on Sun.

Texasteel
12-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah-the media guys here like Nate Newton and Randy Galloway were wondering too, as well as some of the fans on our board.

It's also pretty windy here this week in the DFW area, so it could have been a great opportunity to practice outdoors.

Oh well-we'll see how it turns out on Sun.

Nate also proclaimed that the cowboys QB, and WRs were much better than Pittsburgh's. Interesting.

BrandonCarr39
12-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Was just reading on our board that guess who's birthday is on Sun...

TO! He'll turn 35! :coffee: Will it be the birthday of a lifetime for him? If so, who'll give him the best presents? Jason Garrett? Or Troy P? Only inquiring minds will want to know...:tt03:

ShutDown24
12-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Was just reading on our board that guess who's birthday is on Sun...

TO! He'll turn 35! :coffee: Will it be the birthday of a lifetime for him? If so, who'll give him the best presents? Jason Garrett? Or Troy P? Only inquiring minds will want to know...:tt03:

Hey speaking of... This is a little off topic here, and I'm not sure if you're much of a fantasy guy... But just in general, in your opinion (Being located closer to the Cowboys and following the team closer than me obviously) what kind of game do you think Owens is going to have? I'm being tortured over the decision of whether to start him or not this week. I never start people against the Steelers defense, but I'm thin at wideout.

lilyoder6
12-03-2008, 08:44 PM
i think that if barber can't play it will hurt the off a lot... barber does so many things for them and is one of those backs that actually like to be physical and block...

BrandonCarr39
12-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey speaking of... This is a little off topic here, and I'm not sure if you're much of a fantasy guy... But just in general, in your opinion (Being located closer to the Cowboys and following the team closer than me obviously) what kind of game do you think Owens is going to have? I'm being tortured over the decision of whether to start him or not this week. I never start people against the Steelers defense, but I'm thin at wideout.

That's a pretty good question-honestly, while I'm confident both Owens AND Roy11 will put up good numbers this weekend, I'm not sure they'll be good enough for alot of fantasy points, to be honest, especially going up against your D. I think our WRs match up very well against your DBs, but it's not like they're going to go wild on them...especially with the crazy blitz schemes thrown by LeBeau and your safeties manning the middle.

Owens finally got on track last week after going for almost a year without a 100+ yard game(I know-the Niners and Hawks suck wind...but still...give the guy credit for finally getting back in rhythm), and I feel he and Roy11 will be valuable assets down the stretch. But ultimately, especially with how good both defenses are, I just can't see any offensive player getting unleashed.

A safer bet would be to put either D on your fantasy team.

Just my 2 cents.

ShutDown24
12-03-2008, 09:03 PM
That's a pretty good question-honestly, while I'm confident both Owens AND Roy11 will put up good numbers this weekend, I'm not sure they'll be good enough for alot of fantasy points, to be honest, especially going up against your D. I think our WRs match up very well against your DBs, but it's not like they're going to go wild on them...especially with the crazy blitz schemes thrown by LeBeau and your safeties manning the middle.

Owens finally got on track last week after going for almost a year without a 100+ yard game(I know-the Niners and Hawks suck wind...but still...give the guy credit for finally getting back in rhythm), and I feel he and Roy11 will be valuable assets down the stretch. But ultimately, especially with how good both defenses are, I just can't see any offensive player getting unleashed.

A safer bet would be to put either D on your fantasy team.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, I have Dallas's D as well as the Jets and Pack on my team... Haven't made my final decision on which to start this week.

I just wondered if you knew anything Owens wise being local that I might not have been privy too, thanks. Ike is going to be on him the whole game (I think) so I really didn't want to start him. That's a matchup I am really looking forward to watching.

devilsdancefloor
12-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Well i would just like to say even though you are a boys fan i can appreciate some of the things you have said. you didnt come here with the intent to bash the steelers!:drink:

markymarc
12-04-2008, 06:07 AM
TNewman41, you have been very classy. I give you major kudos for that. Great to see other football fans come here and talk good smart football.

BrandonCarr39
12-04-2008, 01:20 PM
TNewman41, you have been very classy. I give you major kudos for that. Great to see other football fans come here and talk good smart football.

Thanks! I've enjoyed my time here too this week. Especially after spending most of my time on the Cowboys board, as well as Extreme Skins and Giants.com, it can get boring reading and posting the same things over and over again, so coming to an AFC team's board, where we only play once every 4 years, is a nice change of pace!

BTW-just a couple of early tidbits-while I've heard Ware and Barber will likely play, just read in the paper now that it looks like they may not. *ugh* Good for you guys, but just the contrary for us. If they don't, Spencer will start, and someone(I think Coleman) will be called up from the PS w/ Choice starting.

Will be back later with some more updates.

The Duke
12-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks! I've enjoyed my time here too this week. Especially after spending most of my time on the Cowboys board, as well as Extreme Skins and Giants.com, it can get boring reading and posting the same things over and over again, so coming to an AFC team's board, where we only play once every 4 years, is a nice change of pace!

BTW-just a couple of early tidbits-while I've heard Ware and Barber will likely play, just read in the paper now that it looks like they may not. *ugh* Good for you guys, but just the contrary for us. If they don't, Spencer will start, and someone(I think Coleman) will be called up from the PS w/ Choice starting.

Will be back later with some more updates.

You know, I actually hope Ware and Barber play

This game is being called the biggest challenge yet this season for the steelers. Then by all means I want that challenge to be a complete one. Get their best players on the field, the steelers will find a way to win :tt02:

Thanks for this updates TNewman. and thanks for not being a troll, lol

DACEB
12-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks for this updates TNewman. and thanks for not being a troll, lol

Must say, TNewman, you've been a great guest!:drink:

:tt02:

Hapa
12-04-2008, 02:06 PM
I hope neither Barber nor Ware play. I feel bad for injured players, it's the worst feeling in the world, but I care about the Steelers winning more.

BrandonCarr39
12-04-2008, 02:15 PM
It looks like Ware will play, Barber not sure. Frankly-they ARE our franchise players. I know the final sprint is the biggest for both of our teams, but at the same time, you would HATE to RISK long-term injuries.

B/c you guys play alot of 5 wide, I would prefer Jenkins(our other #1 pick this year) in there, but looks like he's out.

Practice update
1:46 PM Thu, Dec 04, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips
Linebacker DeMarcus Ware is practicing but Marion Barber is the only player missing. Cornerback Mike Jenkins and wide receiver Miles Austin are doing rehab.

Ware said he will wear a brace in Sunday's game. I wouldn't expect Barber to practice this week, but he should play Sunday.

Among the other things we noticed:

** Yes, they are outdoors.

** Tony Romo was the only player wearing pads. He likes to wear his shoulder pads in practice to stay used to the feeling of throwing with them on.

** Terrell Owens was in shorts. Normally Owens is wearing his tights, but he was in a pair of shorts. Looked funny.

** In addition to Owens, Greg Ellis, Zach Thomas, Marc Colombo and Flozell Adams were back to practice Thursday.

ShutDown24
12-04-2008, 02:56 PM

Best visitor we've ever had in my book.

Preacher
12-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Best visitor we've ever had in my book.

The raiders guy is right up there too... but I have enjoyed Tnewman's posts.

I have to admit... I like how the coach of the Cowboys answered the questions. With Belicheat, you can tell he is purposefully playing up the other team. Wade's answers just looked honest.

:thumbsup:

Well, as honest as one can be for coaching South America's team! :chuckle:

ShutDown24
12-04-2008, 03:33 PM

I have to admit... I like how the coach of the Cowboys answered the questions. With Belicheat, you can tell he is purposefully playing up the other team. Wade's answers just looked honest.

Yeah, SIlver&Black is good too.

I rather like it when we get really nice non-Steeler posters. It adds a cool perspective to the boards.

Is Newman back in the lineup yet by the way? I've kind of lost track with what has been going on with him in Dallas.

STEELAMANIA
12-04-2008, 03:37 PM
We should'nt be nice to Cowbore fans no matter how nice they are to us.

hahahahha just playin...my brother is a Cowbore fan and its war coming Sunday

BrandonCarr39
12-04-2008, 04:30 PM

Yeah-one of the things I DO like about Wade is that he's an honest guy for the most part. I think that's why the media here doesn't like him that much-his honesty and down to earth nature just make him look "soft". When Parcells was here, he knew how to play and manipulate the media, alot like he did in NY and NE.

BTW-remember Belichick was a long-time student of Parcells.

BrandonCarr39
12-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Yeah, SIlver&Black is good too.

I rather like it when we get really nice non-Steeler posters. It adds a cool perspective to the boards.

Is Newman back in the lineup yet by the way? I've kind of lost track with what has been going on with him in Dallas.

Same with our boards as well-whenever we have teams' fans outside of our division come, it's a nice change of pace...especially after putting up with Eagles, Skins, and Giants fans throughout the year.

Newman-after a sports hernia operation he had in mid-Oct, he's been back since the bye week last month. I'm not sure if it's FULLY healed, but nonetheless, he IS back to his normal self, IMHO. The guy is truely an underrated corner. When we had safety issues during Parcells' tenure, we had alot of secondary breakdowns, but he went end up getting alot of flack.

BTW-good news and bad news. Good news is that Ware practiced today and actually did fine.:thumbsup: Bad news is that Barber likely won't play b/c his toe didn't improve over the week.:mad:

Marion Barber 'a little more doubtful' to play in Pittsburgh

3:53 PM Thu, Dec 04, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

OLB DeMarcus Ware (hyperextended left knee) did almost everything at today's practice without a problem. The news about RB Marion Barber isn't as good.

Barber's dislocated right pinkie toe hasn't recovered as well as anticipated. He stayed off his feet during today's practice, with the hope that rest instead of rehab would help get him ready to go Sunday in Pittsburgh.

"We were assuming that Marion would play, but it's a little more doubtful right now," Phillips said. "We'll see tomorrow."

Barber's status probably won't be known until hours before kickoff. The Cowboys will probably promote RB Alonzo Coleman from the practice squad to provide some depth, even though Phillips didn't exactly rave about the back earlier this week.

Saints snatch LB off Cowboys' practice squad

4:04 PM Thu, Dec 04, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

LB Tearrius George said his good-byes at Valley Ranch today. The Saints signed him off the Cowboys' practice squad.

Dino 6 Rings
12-04-2008, 04:37 PM
I hope all the Cowboys that can play do play. I enjoy playing the best of the best more than the 2nd stringers.

Its a must win game for the Cowboys, as well as they need the Saints to show up against the Falcons to keep pace in the WC Race. The Steelers also must win this game since the Ravens are actually making a race out of it in the NFC North...which for the record, I did call in August, that the Ravens would be a Wild Card team.

BrandonCarr39
12-04-2008, 04:46 PM
I hope all the Cowboys that can play do play. I enjoy playing the best of the best more than the 2nd stringers.

Its a must win game for the Cowboys, as well as they need the Saints to show up against the Falcons to keep pace in the WC Race. The Steelers also must win this game since the Ravens are actually making a race out of it in the NFC North...which for the record, I did call in August, that the Ravens would be a Wild Card team.

I think the Skins/Ravens game will be a close one. The Skins are a run-first team, and they have a good defense to boot, so Zorn will prolly come out with a conservative game plan.

Another thing I forgot to mention-with Barber likely out, I'm GUESSING we might employ alot of 2 TE sets with Witten/Bennett to counter the blitzes et. Just thinking out loud...

BrandonCarr39
12-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Looks like our '07 2nd day pick(Stanback) will return kicks, and Pacman will return punts. If anything, our ST return game could be a weakness tomorrow(Jones still hasn't shaken off rust in this area, and Stanback hasn't turned out as hoped for us).

3:52 PM Thu, Dec 04, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

Adam "Pacman" Jones will be back on the field for the Dallas Cowboys Sunday in Pittsburgh and coach Wade Phillips says Jones could do something we haven't seen him do as a Cowboy.

No, not avoid Downtown Dallas hot spots, but return kickoffs.

"I think Pacman may be back there some," Phillips said.

Isaiah Stanback will also return kicks; the Cowboys use two deep return men in most situations.

Jones has returned punts and played cornerback for the Cowboys, but has not been back on kickoffs this season. Of course earlier in the year both Felix Jones and Miles Austin were healthy and returning kicks.

Pacman Jones returned 63 kicks for 1,648 yards (26.2 yards a return) in his two years with the Tennessee Titans.

lilyoder6
12-04-2008, 05:15 PM
oh boy... i hope pacman messes up and loses the ball

BrandonCarr39
12-04-2008, 07:44 PM
LOL - Emmitt had no problems trashing his own team!:coffee:

Really though-alot of what he said has been a concern among our media and fan base over the last 5 years...

Emmitt Smith: Current Cowboys are just 'mediocre'
7:17 PM Thu, Dec 04, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

Emmitt Smith has one word for the current Cowboys.

"Mediocre."

The NFL's all-time leading rusher and three-time Super Bowl winner said Thursday he was disappointed in the team's 8-4 record. And he questions whether the current players have the fight in them to win in December and reach the playoffs.

"[I'm] disappointed because I saw this team being a lot better than it is," Smith said. "Chemistry has a lot to do with it. And for some reason, the chemistry of the Cowboys this year has been thrown off a little bit.

"Either there's too much salt in the gumbo or not enough meat in the gumbo. Something's wrong. Whatever it is, they need to get it corrected. It's just been a blah kind of season for me."

Smith gave his thoughts while attending an event at the new Cowboys stadium in Arlington. During a 10-minute interview, Smith questioned the team's toughness and their desire to win Super Bowls all while mixing in a Jimmy Johnson-style pep talk.

"When they beat San Francisco and the Seattle Seahawks, they were supposed to beat them," Smith said. "That's like beating the St. Louis Rams, who they lost to. I can't get excited. So now, this week is the litmus test for me to see how they handle the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"My last memory of the Cowboys being absolutely physical was when they got hit in the mouth by the Washington Redskins last year. Then they turned around and got hit in the mouth again by the New York Giants [in the playoffs]. That's not a good memory."

Smith believes the offensive line hasn't played well this season even though the offense ranks eighth in yards per game. The players in the trenches "have not been there for us," Smith said.

"I'm talking about the side that got our main guy [Tony Romo] hurt," he added. "I'm talking about the side that allowed the Arizona Cardinals to break a guy's foot. That stuff bugs me."

Smith said he sees 53 individuals, not one team.

"Are you just going to show up and think people are going to lay over for you," Smith said. "Are you reading all your press clippings that talk about how you're supposed to go to the Super Bowl and you forgot how to play the game? You forgot your love and your passion. You've got to bring all those things to the table.

"The money comes when you go places. I'm looking for guys that are hungry to make their mark in history. And that's by winning Super Bowls. That's making a defining moment."

tony hipchest
12-04-2008, 08:11 PM
actually emmit (in yet another infamous "emmittism") called them meaty okra. :chuckle:

BrandonCarr39
12-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Good morning ladies and gentlemen...looks like the whole Barber plays vs. won't is still up in the air. My guess is that if they don't activate Coleman, then Wade is pulling what the Skins have been doing with Portis and his knee injury in recent weeks. If they do, then I guess this means Barber's out.:popcorn:

Alonzo Coleman ready

9:27 AM Fri, Dec 05, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

The Cowboys have to make a decision on whether to call up running back Alonzo Coleman from the practice squad by 3 p.m. Saturday in order for him to be able to play Sunday.

They almost have to do this, don't they? I think Marion Barber plays despite the toe injury, but I don't know how effective he will be. I don't know if he will last one carry, like he did in the second half vs. Seattle, or if he will last 30 carries with the help of modern medicine, I'm sure.

If the Cowboys lose Barber, they would be down to one tailback, Tashard Choice, if they don't make the Coleman move. Coleman has been getting work with the regulars this week in addition to his scout-team work.

"Whenever they want to call me to go, I'll be ready," said Coleman, who has been on the practice squad the last two years.

Coleman had only 6 yards on seven carries in the preseason and had one catch for 13 yards, but he is a Jerry Jones' favorite. He left Hampton as the school's all-time leading rusher with 4,707 yards and 62 touchdowns. At 5-9, 210, he's more quick than fast. And he's pretty sturdy.

BrandonCarr39
12-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Looks like Barber won't play. I guess at least good news for us, Choice(and Coleman, I think) got all the reps in practice this week, so they should be ready and OK with the game plan come Sun!:popcorn:

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/12/marion-barber-doesnt-practice-again.html

Marion Barber doesn't practice again
11:27 AM Fri, Dec 05, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Just like the rest of the week, Marion Barber (dislocated pinkie toe) isn't practicing today. He wasn't working out on the side field, either.

We won't know Barber's status until hours before kickoff Sunday. The team's athletic training staff and equipment crew continue to try to come up with the best possible way to protect his toe.

OLB DeMarcus Ware (hypextended left knee) looked fine at practice for the second consecutive day.

MasterOfPuppets
12-05-2008, 03:45 PM
DAMN........kinda hopin Ware , would be the one to miss the game. wasn't to worried about barber.the steelers have already shut down some of the better backs in the game, so barber wasn't a huge concern. Ware on the other hand should hand starks his jock all day , and have Ben lookin over his shoulder and running for his life.if arians is smart he'll throw in a lot of plays rolling Ben away from wares side, and throw some "better disigned" screens into the mix to slow em down.

BrandonCarr39
12-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Roy11 has a foot injury, and sat out of practice today. He injured it last week against Seattle, but it looks like he'll be fine, and they're resting him today as a precaution(I think).

Cowboys receiver Roy Williams has been added to the team's injury report. Williams is probable for the game on Sunday with a right foot injury. He did not practice on Friday.

On Thursday during practice, Williams was having trouble with his foot and sat out briefly to change his set of cleats. The foot was slightly injured in the game against Seattle but had not kept him out of practice until Friday.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 02:43 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

BrandonCarr39
12-05-2008, 03:57 PM
DAMN........kinda hopin Ware , would be the one to miss the game. wasn't to worried about barber.the steelers have already shut down some of the better backs in the game, so barber wasn't a huge concern. Ware on the other hand should hand starks his jock all day , and have Ben lookin over his shoulder and running for his life.if arians is smart he'll throw in a lot of plays rolling Ben away from wares side, and throw some "better disigned" screens into the mix to slow em down.

Ware is the LAST person we can lose on this team, IMHO.

steelerbackr4life
12-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Ware is the LAST person we can lose on this team, IMHO.

Curious as to how much a brace would limit his mobility on that slop we call a field.

BrandonCarr39
12-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Curious as to how much a brace would limit his mobility on that slop we call a field.

That's a pretty good question. I guess we'll find out on Sun. If he doesn't get any sacks(and we lose, of course), then you can bet dozens of "Is Ware 100%?!?" threads will pop up on our boards.

BrandonCarr39
12-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Here's a Tashard Choice article. Looks like he's excited over the opportunity, but he won't be playing on ST. Dunno if that'll out a dent on our return/coverage units.

2:15 PM Fri, Dec 05, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

Tashard Choice knew his role when he arrived at Valley Ranch after being drafted in the fourth round. Marion Barber was the starting running back. First-rounder Felix Jones was the change of pace. Choice's job was to play special teams and be ready to fill in at running back just in case.

Just in case is here, as Choice has to prepare as if he'll start Sunday in Pittsburgh with Barber a gametime decision and Jones on injured reserve.

"You never want to see anybody get hurt," said Choice, who has rushed for 147 yards on 30 carries. "That's not how you want to get a starting position or get a chance to play a lot. But if it comes, that's how you make your place in the league, that's how you stay around. You've got to take advantage of those. That's what I've got to do."

The Cowboys have reduced Choice's responsibilities on special teams this week to allow him to focus on studying the offensive game plan. He said he would go to Barber's house tonight to study with the regular starter.

If Choice ends up in the starting lineup, don't count on the confident rookie to be intimidated. He actually made his first college start in somewhat similar circumstances, rushing for 84 yards in Georgia Tech's upset win over third-ranked Miami, which had the nation's No. 1 defense entering the game.

BrandonCarr39
12-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Do you guys mind me bunching up all these articles at once here? I know I've done too many of them, but thought they would be for good discussion.

Here's an article on MB3 and his status for this game.

MySa Blog

Making the shoe fit
One of the reasons the Cowboys are hesitant to say for certain what Marion Barber's status will be for Sunday's game is that they still don't have his special shoe ready.

The training staff is preparing a shoe to accomodate Barber's dislocated right pinkie toe.

"They're still working on the shoe and how to shape it or splint it or cast it or whatever they are going to do with it," Phillips said this morning.

Like I said-while I admire these players gutting it out and playing through the pain, at the same time, it would be a better idea to rest their injuries completely so that they don't have to re-injure them further.

steelerbackr4life
12-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Oh the what if questions will definitely happen. A brace will definitely stabilize the leg but the loss of mobility initialy is often a major complaint. Throw in the poor field he most likely will be trying to pivot and get traction on. Could be a factor. Do you know if he has been practicing during the week with the brace?

steelerbackr4life
12-05-2008, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=Like I said-while I admire these players gutting it out and playing through the pain, at the same time, it would be a better idea to rest their injuries completely so that they don't have to re-injure them further.[/QUOTE]

Well said. Definitely a side note to my previous post regarding Ware and the brace.

BrandonCarr39
12-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Oh the what if questions will definitely happen. A brace will definitely stabilize the leg but the loss of mobility initialy is often a major complaint. Throw in the poor field he most likely will be trying to pivot and get traction on. Could be a factor. Do you know if he has been practicing during the week with the brace?

He missed on Wed, but practiced yesterday and today.