PDA

View Full Version : Parker Back to Practice

Blonde Bomber
11-28-2008, 07:51 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_600495.html

the_king_from_leon
11-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Insane! Speedy Willie Parker is like the a machine this season!

steelreserve
11-28-2008, 11:43 AM
I cannot tell you how much I'm hoping to hear the words "limited action" or "Tomlin says he'll be used only if needed" during the pregame show on Sunday. A healthy Parker has enough trouble gaining any yards against good teams. A banged-up Parker seems to only be good for 30 yards a game plus another injury.

T&B fan
11-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Insane! Speedy Willie Parker is like the a machine this season!

Machine are you sure .. missed 1/2 the games do to injurys , and when he been in limited yards , .. he wasgood at the start of the yr but after he went down . I think he need time to get back to the fast willie we all love . till then More of Moore:tt03:

NYC SteelersFan
11-28-2008, 03:59 PM
I really hope they keep him out until Moore and Russell both prove worthless cause that is pretty much what Parker has proved himself this season. It's time to give someone else a non-half-a$$ed shot at being the #1 RB.

Preacher
11-28-2008, 04:54 PM
I really hope they keep him out until Moore and Russell both prove worthless cause that is pretty much what Parker has proved himself this season. It's time to give someone else a non-half-a$$ed shot at being the #1 RB.

I'm not sure where your willie-hatred has come from but it sure has blinded you to him. Willie was the top back last year IN THE NFL before he broke his leg. He has done EVERYTHING this team has asked of him. When he DID come in that first game, you could see a MARKED difference between him and MeMo (whom I seriously like and want to keep on this team).

Willie has had the same problem EVERY BACK has had who ran for as many yards as Willie did last year. They said they were going to run him till the wheels fell off, and that is exactly what they did.

So give it a rest, let Willie get rested, and you will find that come playoff time, it is Willie on first and second down that gives us the best shot to win the game. I like MeMo on third down and Russel on short yardage. No one gets all the pounding and they all stay fresh.

LVSteelersfan
11-28-2008, 05:05 PM
I don't think Willie should play if he is not close to 100%. He is just hurting the team. Moore has proven he is more than capable of filling in until Willie gets back to normal. We really need Willie for the playoffs (I know we have to get there first) but he has historically not done well against the Patsies and their pass defense is weak. Therefore Moore taking passes out of the backfield is very important this week. I don't hate Willie. I just don't think he is really ready to go.

STEELAMANIA
11-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Willie, do the team a favor and sit this one out. We all know what you can do but be smart and don't hurt the team by going in 70 percent.

HometownGal
11-28-2008, 05:45 PM
I don't think Willie should play if he is not close to 100%. He is just hurting the team. Moore has proven he is more than capable of filling in until Willie gets back to normal. We really need Willie for the playoffs (I know we have to get there first) but he has historically not done well against the Patsies and their pass defense is weak. Therefore Moore taking passes out of the backfield is very important this week. I don't hate Willie. I just don't think he is really ready to go.

I'm with you LV. :thumbsup: We're going to need FWP in the last weeks of the season and on our playoff journey. It makes no sense whatsoever to rush him back before he is 100% healthy. Memo, Russell and now Pooper can carry the load until then.

.24lockdown
11-28-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm not sure where your willie-hatred has come from but it sure has blinded you to him. Willie was the top back last year IN THE NFL before he broke his leg. He has done EVERYTHING this team has asked of him. When he DID come in that first game, you could see a MARKED difference between him and MeMo (whom I seriously like and want to keep on this team).

Willie has had the same problem EVERY BACK has had who ran for as many yards as Willie did last year. They said they were going to run him till the wheels fell off, and that is exactly what they did.

So give it a rest, let Willie get rested, and you will find that come playoff time, it is Willie on first and second down that gives us the best shot to win the game. I like MeMo on third down and Russel on short yardage. No one gets all the pounding and they all stay fresh.
^nothin but the truth.

and to whoever said he doesnt do well against the pats must have not seen last seasons game then. 21 carries, 124 yds, 5.9 ypc..............

Preacher
11-28-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm with you LV. :thumbsup: We're going to need FWP in the last weeks of the season and on our playoff journey. It makes no sense whatsoever to rush him back before he is 100% healthy. Memo, Russell and now Pooper can carry the load until then.

LV and HTG are exactly right.

Let him sit and heal. Parker's number 1 attribute is speed. His number 2 attribute is quickness (yes, they are different).

It isn't like a QB or a receiver that needs to work on timing. As long as he can do some work to keep himself in shape (a pool, a bike, etc. does pretty good), he will be fine. So sit, heal, I'd rather go into the playoffs in 6th place with a fresh fast willie then 2nd place with no willie at all.

NYC SteelersFan
11-28-2008, 07:35 PM

He has done EVERYTHING this team has asked of him.

I would do everything the team asked of me also, but that doesn't mean I would do the Pittsburgh Steelers a shread of good during an NFL football game.

It's not a hatred. I don't love or hate any individual player. However I am a big fan of the team and I do want what is best for the team regardless of how it may or may not effect an individual player. Telling me how good he WAS last year and why he ISN'T good this year does not change the fact that he ISN'T good this year.

I'm supposed to care or feel bad cause they ran him until his wheels came off? He has a superbowl ring and he's already gotten paid more than you, I or anyone on this forum will make in their life time. Either he fixes the wheels or he parks himself in the junkyard. If you really are "that injured" then wait until you're 100% so that way when you come back, if you still suck, you, Tomlin, Preacher or anyone else can't use injuries as an excuse and the team can move on.

TeeJay
11-28-2008, 07:36 PM

There can be only one............and his name is 'Fast' Willie Parker.

I pity the fool that says Fast Willie is done!

NYC SteelersFan
11-28-2008, 07:47 PM
There can be only one............and his name is 'Fast' Willie Parker.

I pity the fool that says Fast Willie is done!

Mr. T pittied Rocky also but we all saw what happened to Mr. T at the end of Rocky 3

TeeJay
11-28-2008, 08:09 PM
I stopped watching after Rocky II....boxing was just....never quite the same.... :thumbsup:

markymarc
11-29-2008, 12:16 AM
I am amazed that FWP has been practicing this week with the bum knee. I love FWP to death, but really think if he is not 100% then he should sit this one out. I would rather have a 100% FWP down the stretch and in the playoffs. I really think Moore and Russell could do a good job against the Cheaters rush defense.

STEELtownHAVOX
11-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Willie, get healthy buddy! I want you to get out there and prove all your critics wrong!! I do love the way MeMo is playing, but FWP is our guy if healthy.

NYC SteelersFan
11-29-2008, 04:24 PM
That's just great. A gimpy Parker is now starting. If he does horrible, they'll just say cause he wasn't 100% again. This is becoming a broken and annoying record and the sound form that record is killing our team.

markymarc
11-29-2008, 11:57 PM
That's just great. A gimpy Parker is now starting. If he does horrible, they'll just say cause he wasn't 100% again. This is becoming a broken and annoying record and the sound form that record is killing our team.

Who says FWP is starting. Even if he practiced the past 2 days, FWP is still listed as questionable. IMO Moore will get the start and they will let FWP heal another week.