PDA

View Full Version : Yet another 4:15 game added to the schedule

jjpro11
11-28-2008, 12:33 PM
NBC KEEPING GIANTS-COWBOYS ON DECEMBER 14
Posted by Mike Florio on November 28, 2008, 11:07 a.m.

In a move that will surprise no one, NBC has opted to keep the Giants-Cowboys game that previously was scheduled for 8:15 p.m. EST on Sunday night, December 14.

So far this year, only one game has been flexed out of the NBC Sunday night slot; next Sundayís Patriots-Seahawks game will be replaced by Redskins-Ravens.

Speaking of the Ravens, their December 14 game against the Steelers has been moved from 1:00 p.m. EST to 4:15 p.m. EST. The Broncos-Panthers game also has been shifted from early afternoon to late afternoon that same day.

man.. this whole season has been primetime or 4:15.. its nice for those of us who live out of state, but i know some people prefer the 1:00 start.

BozMan
11-28-2008, 12:48 PM
The 4:15 EST starts are nice for people on the west coast. No waking up at 8:00 am to get to the Steelers bar by 9:00. (Got to get there at least an hour early to get a seat!)

RoethlisBURGHer
11-28-2008, 12:49 PM
It's nice for me living in Cleveland.

HometownGal
11-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Personally, I don't mind the 4:15 PM starts, though I think the Steelers have had way too many of them this season. As Sunday is my normal trip to the grocery store, It gives me a chance to fight the beefalos in the isles, get my stuff, get it all put away (I'm an organization freak - LOL!), have time to check out my FF players for the week and get ready for my Steelers! :tt03:

XxKnightxX
11-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Yeah not good also regarding the horrible record we have at those times, but it should knock on the steelers door that we are basically playing semi primetime games this whole season, aka 4:15, Since I live in Jersey, I love this move because I have yet to miss a steelers game since except the one against houston, every other game since then has been broadcasted in my area, CBS must know the amount of steelers fans in the tri state area haha.

The Duke
11-28-2008, 01:33 PM
they won their first 4:15 game with tomlin 2 weeks ago

Time to build another streak :tt03:

steelreserve
11-28-2008, 01:39 PM
This may be good news for Bay Area fans. Moving it from the morning to the afternoon means it's no longer in the blackout slot opposite the awful 49ers game.

However, it's now scheduled for the same time as the awful Raiders game, so you normally wouldn't see it.

But it's also a Raiders home game, and those usually don't sell out anymore -- so if that happens, it'll probably be the only other AFC game at that time, so they'll show it.

See all the dumb crap you have to go through just to see a real football game if you live here? Sometimes I hate this stupid state.

stillers4me
11-28-2008, 03:49 PM
I don't mind the 4:15's. It gives us time to get all our crap done to get ready for the next week and get home early enough to get a full nights sleep. No more 8:15 OT's, ok guys?

OneForTheToe
11-28-2008, 04:05 PM
I like the 4:15 games, except for the fact that when the games are on FOX Johnstown FOX 8 isn't apparently considered the Pittsburgh market, so if the 1:00 game runs over, we sometimes miss the beginning of the game.:banging:

nojobny
11-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Yeah, the 4:15 are fine for away games but they $uck!!!! if you're coming in from out of town, esp if you're flying.

This season has been a nightmare for me as far as travel expenses. You can not get a flight out of Pittsburgh after 8:30pm on Sunday. I"m not just talking to NY, to A N Y W H E R E!!! :mad: That means I have to pay for a flight AND hotel for each game.

I got lucky once and Southwest had a flight from PIT to PHL leaving at 9:00. When I got to the airport there were only 5 flights schedule to leave for the rest of the evening... and the last one was mine. What the deuce is that about??

rant off/

STEELAMANIA
11-28-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't mind the 4:15 games because they love showing the Steelers here in Michigan hahahahahahaha

fordfan485
11-28-2008, 07:50 PM
This schedule this year has been great for me I have only had to watch a game online via stream once this whole season and that was last Thursdays game( Cox cable puts NFL network on their sports tier which i refuse to pay for). Last year I think it was only like 9 or 10 games I actually got to watch on TV.

The only game this season that probably wont be shown in my area is the game I'm going to which is the last game of the season vs the stains.

Steeler in Carolina
11-28-2008, 07:58 PM
I wonder about the game with Tennessee. That game may be moved to Sunday night.

markymarc
11-29-2008, 12:13 AM
I actually love the 4:15 games. While I would love to see us play on Sunday night against the Rats, hard to argue about taking the Cowgirls and Giants game over.

St33lersguy
11-29-2008, 09:27 PM
no more, I am 4:15 PM gamed out.
Theory behind this: Goodell has found out Tomlin's record in 4:15 games and is only moving them and hoping the Steelers lose. Hense the Tennessee game will get move, I guarantee it plus the Cleveland game will get moved

Preacher
11-29-2008, 09:34 PM

If it was possible, I think they would have moved that game to the Monday night slot. However, If I remember right, no games can be moved there.

If we can just win our next couple of games... and the Titans lose one more, that game will mean a WHOLE lot.

steveironcity
11-29-2008, 10:19 PM
It's nice for me living in Cleveland.

No its not. People who are unfornunate enough to be trapped where you are should be Consoled, not lauded

OneForTheToe
11-30-2008, 12:07 AM
If it was possible, I think they would have moved that game to the Monday night slot. However, If I remember right, no games can be moved there.

If we can just win our next couple of games... and the Titans lose one more, that game will mean a WHOLE lot.

You are correct Preacher, there is no flex scheduling on MNF. I think an all out fan revolt would occur if it was the case. It is an inconvienence to fans to change the start time of a game, but it would be truly difficult for fans, who plan trips months in advance, to switch days. Add to that use problems with certain stadiums and, thankfully, I don't think we will see that kind of "day of the week flex scheduling."

As for out record in 4:15 games, don't forgrt those games are usually against quality opponents. Let's wait a few more years before making a judgement about Tomlin on this issue.

markymarc
11-30-2008, 12:53 PM

I would love to see that. Also, I believe that if the Giants and Cowgirls weren't playing on Sunday night when we play the Rats, then that would have been moved to Sunday night.