PDA

View Full Version : Offensive line, game of their lives

Sharkissle29
12-11-2005, 04:08 PM
give it up to the offensive line in this one. protected ben like he should be. 0 sacks, 2 knockdowns. the offensive line also opened up holes for the run game. if we keep playing like this, we WILL win out. doesnt mean we'll get in the wildcard, but the odds favor us. this game was the exact definition of - Steelers Football.

keep in mind, that was the #1 defense in the NFL.
Keep it up steelers!!!

St33lers

Dook
12-11-2005, 04:18 PM
You're right, they haven't played well in so long I almost forgot it was possible.

Willie did good as well, special teams also. Jerome blew it up with over 100 yards. Ben couldn't throw downfield but didn't make any mistakes.

The secondary did well, should have had an interception on that Bears TD play but oh well.

Also, good coaching, good team prep, and good play calling.

SalukiSteelers
12-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Strong performance from the line. Kudos to a group that has taken a ton of well-deserved criticism. Now it we could just have the Steelers backs and receivers hold on to the ball, we'd be okay.

SteelCityMan786
12-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Offensive Line Impressed Me. Everyone Did.

clevestinks
12-11-2005, 05:42 PM
give it up to the offensive line in this one. protected ben like he should be. 0 sacks, 2 knockdowns. the offensive line also opened up holes for the run game. if we keep playing like this, we WILL win out. doesnt mean we'll get in the wildcard, but the odds favor us. this game was the exact definition of - Steelers Football.

Keep it up steelers!!!

St33lers
Rep points!

Damn straight. We have a damn good football team when healthy, and the O-line plays well. This team can do some damage in the postseason.
YES in the post season! We will be in the postseason!

SteelCityMan786
12-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Rep points!

Damn straight. We have a damn good football team when healthy, and the O-line plays well. This team can do some damage in the postseason.
YES in the post season! We will be in the postseason!

Can You Say You Got Points. We Do Play Well When We're Healthy. We Need To Be Healthy The Rest Of The Year To be an 11-5 Team And Be Possibly In THe Playoffs.

clevestinks
12-11-2005, 05:52 PM
:grin: Can You Say You Got Points. We Do Play Well When We're Healthy. We Need To Be Healthy The Rest Of The Year To be an 11-5 Team And Be Possibly In THe Playoffs.
I meant I was giving rep points for the quote! :grin: \
It kinda sounded as if I was asking for poits? My bad

Prosdo
12-11-2005, 06:13 PM
I was very impressed with the offensive line as well. They stepped up and performed well.

BigSteelThrill
12-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Now how well did Max Starks do against Ogunleye?

Sharkissle29
12-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Now how well did Max Starks do against Ogunleye?
i was EXTREMELY impressed with him and essex. sry to the person who said starks over ogunleye. i was 100% wrong about that, forget who it was that said it, but props to whoever it was on that call.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2005, 08:42 PM
rep points to you also 33..u hit it right there..the OL was challenged 2 weeks ago and they responded the last 2 games..today was phenomenal !! We live and die by the OL and today we lived !

TexaSteeler
12-11-2005, 10:05 PM

Keep it up steelers!!!

St33lers

#1 is a little deceptive isn't it? Based on scoring and they are playing a last place schedule? I wouldn't put them over the Colts defense and they looked bad against them. Chicago is not as good as their record.

BB2W
12-11-2005, 11:06 PM
The O-line played great today!... They held their own against one of the best front seven in football. Not to take anything away from them, but the sloppy field and bad footing certainly works to thier advantage. Hopefully they can do just as well on the turf next week in Minnesota...

Koopa
12-12-2005, 01:56 AM

Keep it up steelers!!!

St33lers

mayne if our o plays like it did today that means we are a lock for that wildcard spot. damn i was so proud of them, they stepped up when it was needed the most, and now they got some much much needed confidence in themselves