PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Cowboys and Dolphins

AvoidLLoyd95
12-11-2005, 07:39 PM
You just helped the Steelers move into the 6th wildcard spot. Thanks!

Sharkissle29
12-11-2005, 07:40 PM
they said on CBS we made the 6th spot....but im pretty sure KC has the tiebreaker to us. am i wrong?

stand undefeated
12-11-2005, 07:42 PM
they said on CBS we made the 6th spot....but im pretty sure KC has the tiebreaker to us. am i wrong?

Yeah, can anyone confirm what spot we're in exactly?!?!?

Atlanta Dan
12-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Today was a GOOD day. Too soon to worry about tiebreakers.

AvoidLLoyd95
12-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Three weeks to go. It puts us in over the Chargers today, but there are three weeks to go. Today put us back into the hunt. Now they need to focus on the Vikings, take care of their own destiny. They have their swagger back and look awful good today. Let's hope they carry it along the next three weeks.
On another note, just how clutch is Bettis! I will shed tears when he retires and I am proud to admit it. He is the heart and soul of that team.

Sharkissle29
12-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Yeah, can anyone confirm what spot we're in exactly?!?!?
alright i kind of know whats up now......they take the two best teams from each division, Steelers and either the chiefs and chargers. SD has the head to head tiebreaker on KC, so they're the best in the West. We therefor, have the tie-breaker to SD giving us the 6th seed. but that can all change, ex. say for instance next week SD loses, KC wins, then KC gets the 6th spot even if we were to win.

hopefully didnt confuse anyone lol

CantStop85
12-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Argh...won't you guys just die already? lol

Good job today, though...you guys dismantled the bears.

AvoidLLoyd95
12-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Don't forget a win next week and a loss for the Jags would be nice as well. Even though they own the tiebreaker, there momentum would be diminished for the last two games.

AvoidLLoyd95
12-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Argh...won't you guys just die already? lol

Good job today, though...you guys dismantled the bears.
Stains almost got ya! Can't you guys just lose already.:grin:
Nice photoshop btw. Pretty clever, made me chuckle.

Sharkissle29
12-11-2005, 08:10 PM
explains how they have fans this year :bouncy: :bouncy:
hehe good game to both, brownies almost pulled it off

Dook
12-11-2005, 08:14 PM
As long as KC and SD are tied, SD has the tie-breaker in their division.

Then we have the tie-breaker over SD but there are games still to play.

After the head to head the next thing is win percentage in conference.

KC now .7 with two more conference games-Chargers, Bengals
Pitt now .6 with one more conference game-Browns

CantStop85
12-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Photoshop, what photoshop? It's a picture I found of KingKoopa. :grin:

AvoidLLoyd95
12-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Don't mess with the Koop. Oh boy, your opening up a can of whoopass on yourself!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Yep we're on step closer today..we did our part and the chiefs and chargers lost.. all we can do is keep on winning...

BB2W
12-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Props to the Dolphins, and Cowboys... too bad the Brownies couldn't pull it off against the Bengals.

clevestinks
12-12-2005, 12:38 AM
Yeah Thanks, now we need to get on this roll. We have the team, and we are getting healthy

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2005, 12:54 AM
Props to the Dolphins, and Cowboys... too bad the Brownies couldn't pull it off against the Bengals.

yeah the damn clowns had the bungals right where they wanted them.. a relatively low scoring game, they shut down palmer and chad johnson, they really stiffened up in the second half but just couldnt pull it off.

Koopa
12-12-2005, 12:59 AM
Photoshop, what photoshop? It's a picture I found of KingKoopa. :grin:

yo ass lucky i'm in a good mood fool :grin:....but i'll say f' yo bandwagon and f' that gold teeth wearin fool. here in the dirty dirty we wear ice in our mouth not that shit, well not me but the famous ppl do

Atlanta Dan
12-12-2005, 12:44 PM
As long as KC and SD are tied, SD has the tie-breaker in their division.

Then we have the tie-breaker over SD but there are games still to play.

After the head to head the next thing is win percentage in conference.

KC now .7 with two more conference games-Chargers, Bengals
Pitt now .6 with one more conference game-Browns

Peter King at SI.com has the Steelers losing a tiebreaker to the Chiefs. One of the many variables apparently is whether you are breaking a 2 team tie or a multi-team tie. Thus, the Falcons smashed the Vikings but would lose the playoff tiebreaker to Minn because multiple NFC teams have the same records and head to head does not come into play in the case of Falcons/Minn.

Bottom line is that working through tiebreaker scenarios at this point achieves little more than aggravation - Steelers need to win out & Chiefs need to lose once more. The Giants apparently are banged up, so it may come down to hoping Chiefs lose in Arrowhead to the Chargers or Bengals. When the Steelers lost to Jax a lot of folks said that loss would come back to haunt us, and it is looking that way for a game Cowher lost by not pulling Maddox and/or running Bettis in OT.

GO GIANTS! GO ELI! - If only for this Saturday :)

clevestinks
12-12-2005, 01:42 PM
yo ass lucky i'm in a good mood fool :grin:....but i'll say f' yo bandwagon and f' that gold teeth wearin fool. here in the dirty dirty we wear ice in our mouth not that shit, well not me but the famous ppl do
You tell him King! Let him know not to bring a knife to a gun fight!:boxing:

Steel - X
12-12-2005, 01:45 PM
yeah the damn clowns had the bungals right where they wanted them.. a relatively low scoring game, they shut down palmer and chad johnson, they really stiffened up in the second half but just couldnt pull it off.

No Bodden is a fool and made to stupid plays in the final 2 minutes that cost the clowns the win.

KC_Steeler
12-12-2005, 02:28 PM
we are in the 7th spot KC has the Tie breaker on us because of AFC Losses we have 5 they have 3...we need to win out and KC loose 1...

Prosdo
12-14-2005, 04:17 PM
Big thanks to the Cowboys and Dolphins. You helped us out nicely :smile:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2005, 04:19 PM
KC can definately lose atleast 1 more w/ this tough stretch they have.but either way we gotta win out if we want to be on any kinda roll heading in.. backing into the playoffs is not the best way to go.

SteelCityMan786
12-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Good To See The Cowboys And The Dolphins Won. Now We Have our own destiny to worry about we win out and we can 1 more loss by both for a little breathing Room. The Road To Detroit Begins For Us WILD CARD WEEKEND!