PDA

View Full Version : Grading the Steelers

warddj86
11-30-2008, 02:33 PM
OFFENSE:

Ben- B (would defintitely be an A if he didn't hold on too long and collect sacks)
Willie-C (injuries, so yeah)
Hines-A-
Santonio-B+
Limas-C+
O LIne- Start of Season-D, Now C- because Ben truly is holding on too long
Heath-A
Spaeth-B+
McHugh-C

DEFENSE:
Hampton- C (He's looking like Chipotle's bitch)
Hoke-B+ ( coming through when called on)
LaMarr-A+ (probably has more sacks than the whole Bengals D)
Farrior- B+ ( he's consistent)
Harrison- A- ( Has only two types of games, above average games and beastly games)
Foote- B- (glad to see he's consistant as well, Detroit Pershing do Boys lol)
Aaron Smith- B+ ( seems to be tipping 6 passes a game)
Keisel the deisel- B (great compliment to this defense)
Timmons- B (starting to come into his own)
Ike Taylor- C- (still gets burned)
Ryan Clark- B (he's alright)
Troy- A+ (unbelieveable, our defense is good w/o him, but with him, we're spectacular)
Deshea Townsend- B- (alright)
McFadden- B- (the same as last year)

ST:

Berger/Ernster- F (20 yrd punts won't cut it for a Super Bowl calibur team ,man)
Reed- A (he's money)
Warren/ Retkofsky- B ( Warren getting hurt cost us the Giants game, but Retkofsky is doing well)
PRs'- C (Moore, Holmes, and Davenport (I'm being generous here, Cowher didn't really care about Special Teams, neither does Tomlin apparently, or else he'll draft or pick up a Josh Cribbs, Devin Hester, or Antonio Cromartie)

The Duke
11-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Ike Taylor- C- (still gets burned)

When?

He's an A++ to me

X-Terminator
11-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I'd like to know when Ike has been burned this season. He's bottled up just about every "elite" receiver he's played against.

ben7
11-30-2008, 02:57 PM
I agree with most of that but just the TE's. Heath I dont think he has been an A, more like a B+, Spaeth yes a B+. But McHugh. we havent really seen him play much so I wouldnt give him lower than a B

X-Terminator
11-30-2008, 02:58 PM
I'd also give Ben a C due to the sacks and having just 11 TD passes against 11 INTs.

tyler289
11-30-2008, 03:06 PM
The only grade I strongly disagree with is Ike. He's been our best corner all season long and shuts down top WRs every week.

The Duke
11-30-2008, 03:59 PM
A bit harsh on the 2ndary id say. Deshea has been solid at the least, and Bryant has been phenomenal in only limited playing time. Ike has done nothing over his years in Pittsburgh but improve, improve, and improve. Ryan Clark has played at a very high level when healthy. Cant gauge a 2ndary by the ## of interceptions they have.

Cannot agree more with you

Unfortunately many people just see the stats and make their opinions

Ike's one of the best in the league. Still the only steelers player I'm voting for the pro bowl

GridironWarrior
11-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Oline is an F and Ben should be a B-.

markymarc
11-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Sorry but all of the following players deserve A's in my opinion:

Ike - He has been our best CB this season
McFadden - He is now starting and giving us a very good 2nd CB
Clark - This guy has made a huge difference in the secondary. He does not allow the big play and that is what a FS should be doing.
Aaron Smith - This guy is the best 3-4 DL in the league and does his job every single week.
Timmons - This kid may not start but when he gets on the field he makes plenty of splash plays.

Mots
12-01-2008, 04:44 AM
If you give Woodley and Troy an A+, how can you give James Harrison an A-? If anything, he plays better than those two, so he should definitely get the best grade in the whole defense. He is incredible.

But I like how with this defense one can discuss the finer nuances of an A ;)

warddj86
12-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Sorry but all of the following players deserve A's in my opinion:

Ike - He has been our best CB this season
McFadden - He is now starting and giving us a very good 2nd CB
Clark - This guy has made a huge difference in the secondary. He does not allow the big play and that is what a FS should be doing.
Aaron Smith - This guy is the best 3-4 DL in the league and does his job every single week.
Timmons - This kid may not start but when he gets on the field he makes plenty of splash plays.

There you go he just gave up on the play and Randy Moss had two unnessecary big plays.

Steeldude
12-01-2008, 07:44 AM
QB - B-

RB - B

WR - C

OL - D+

DL - B

LB - B+

DB - C

ST - C+

fansince'76
12-01-2008, 09:17 AM
There you go he just gave up on the play and Randy Moss had two unnessecary big plays.

Moss only had 4 catches for 45 yards. I can live with that.

DACEB
12-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Moss only had 4 catches for 45 yards. I can live with that.

And we disrespected him all day by having Taylor pretty much solo on him. How could we disrespect Randy like that. BTW, Ike you suck!

The Duke
12-01-2008, 10:58 AM

Moss makes plays on any CB in the league, even Asomugha

He is just THAT good

Ike held his own against him, just what we needed

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-01-2008, 11:24 AM
The only grade I strongly disagree with is Ike. He's been our best corner all season long and shuts down top WRs every week.

True. But, how do you give a C+ to Limas Sweed?? I think for the most part he gets a N/A because he has hardly been a factor yet.

The Duke
12-01-2008, 11:34 AM
True. But, how do you give a C+ to Limas Sweed?? I think for the most part he gets a N/A because he has hardly been a factor yet.

That's another thing I was thinking

and where's nate?

revefsreleets
12-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Hampton does his job. He had a sack. I give him a B

WAY too hard on Ike. A performance. He was on an isalnd against arguably the best WR in the league and for the most part held him in check.

fansince'76
12-01-2008, 11:39 AM
True. But, how do you give a C+ to Limas Sweed??

Because he's SWEEEEEEEEEED! :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-01-2008, 11:40 AM
That's another thing I was thinking

and where's nate?

Maybe he gets the C+. He had a couple nice catches in traffic and one great catch he leaped for...........but most here will just remember the TD catch he dropped and start hatin' on him.

On the other hand, everybody will give Santonio a pass on the one he dropped in the first quarter. :chuckle:

stlrtruck
12-01-2008, 01:20 PM
The only passes I give on dropped balls are the ones like Heath had that were diving backwards and trying to catch a fleeting duck.

The others were more than catchable and there is no excuse for that type of action from the corp of WRs we have on the roster (except maybe, MAYBE, Sweed)

TheManOfSteel
12-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Sorry guys... Nate Washington has been are second best WR all year!! Holmes has to step it up!!

ricksteelers55
12-01-2008, 07:10 PM
If you give Woodley and Troy an A+, how can you give James Harrison an A-? If anything, he plays better than those two, so he should definitely get the best grade in the whole defense. He is incredible.

But I like how with this defense one can discuss the finer nuances of an A ;)

There is no way that silverback has been playing better football than Troy.I agree that he should be better than Woodley on the rating Id say Silverback A and Woodley A- but Troy is the only A+ in the team.

in fact if the season was over today Id give him the Defensive Player of the year.Make no mistake about it,I really ADORE James,but I just think that Troy is our best player this year.He always save the plays when needed,gets turnovers,never gets burned this guy is really AWESOME.

I think that Troy is having his best season in the NFL

Go Steelers

Oh and yeah....Ike should be nothing less than B+

steelerallstar
12-01-2008, 08:35 PM
steeldude:
I agree with your grade scale....Ben has improved but is still inconsistent...the O line has made progress but I want to wait until next week in our meeting with the Cowboys before I start handing out A's....Let's see if Parker can play a whole game injury free and if Nate can hold onto the ball....our secondary has, at times outplayed the starters....we will see ...special teams have always been the weak link from year to year...and our D Line has always played as if they are the "steelmen from HeII"..Harrison, Timmons and Troy look good, but Hampton needs to be read his last "rites".. ..Hines and Heath are always playing at top grade...as for the PUNTERS...well, what can I say...next!

LVSteelersfan
12-01-2008, 10:24 PM
[quote=warddj86;483984]OFFENSE:

Ben- B (would defintitely be an A if he didn't hold on too long and collect sacks)
Willie-C (injuries, so yeah)
Hines-A-
Santonio-B+
Limas-C+
O LIne- Start of Season-D, Now C- because Ben truly is holding on too long
Heath-A
Spaeth-B+
McHugh-C

What the heck do you have a problem with Moore for? You didn't even mention him as a running back. He has saved our butt in several games this year and deserves at least an A- or B+ as a RUNNING BACK. And not mentioning Washington who has had some HUGE plays for us this year. Ben is NOT holding onto the ball too long any more. Give him a break. The last few games he has gotten the ball out fast on most plays. I think a B is not bad for him though because of the stupid INTs every once in a while.