PDA

View Full Version : Browns lose their 2nd QB in as many weeks

nojobny
11-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Browns QB Anderson sprains left MCL, likely will be done for season
By James Walker
ESPN.com

CLEVELAND -- It appears the Browns have lost their second quarterback in two weeks.

Just several days after losing Brady Quinn to a broken finger, Cleveland also lost Derek Anderson to a left MCL injury in the waning moments of Sunday's 10-6 defeat to the Indianapolis Colts. The recovery time for MCL injuries is usually 3-4 weeks, which likely means Anderson is out for the remainder of the 2008 season.
Anderson was hurt Sunday when Browns right tackle Kevin Shaffer landed on Anderson's leg on the final drive.

"It didn't look good with him coming off,'' Browns coach Romeo Crennel said after the game. "I'm not encouraged by the way he came off the field."

Ken Dorsey, who entered the year as the third-string quarterback, will start next week against the Tennessee Titans and probably for the rest of the year. He didn't throw a pass all season until Anderson went down in the fourth quarter. He finished the game 0 for 3.

"It's always hard to see any guy come off the field like that,'' Dorsey said of Anderson. "Injuries are part of the NFL, but you hate to see it anytime it happens."

Anderson, coming off a Pro Bowl season in 2007, struggled this year and finished with nine touchdowns and eight interceptions. With Brady Quinn penciled in as Cleveland's starter next year, the Browns likely will try to trade Anderson in the offseason.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3735466

Steeler in Carolina
11-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Both of their QB's stink anyway.

Edman
11-30-2008, 07:55 PM
All three of their QB's stink anyway.

So much for the future AFC North Champions.

Crushzilla
11-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Oh brother...

Vinny, Vinny, Vinny, Vinny, Vinny

:toofunny:

stillers4me
11-30-2008, 08:13 PM
:chuckle:

Ok 'nuff of those thoughts.......karma can bite ya in the butt.

But still......

lilyoder6
11-30-2008, 10:20 PM
this sucks 4 the browns.. and i personally think brady quinn is a good qb... but damn this sucks... crennel is most def gonna be out by the end of the yr since his eggs were all on DA saving his job..

Steelman16
12-01-2008, 01:52 AM
Hey Ken, good luck against the Titans next week! You'll need it brother. :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
12-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Lol, at this point i wouldnt be surprised if our starters dont play a down against the Browns in our last regular season game.

I think that will depend on what can be clinched. If something is on the line, they will play, but if nothing is other then get a win against the Browns, they will get at least a few series to make sure they're in good shape for the playoffs.

Galax Steeler
12-02-2008, 04:57 AM
That is a shame cause we can't play them next week they bring in a quarterback who hasn't played much this year against our deffense that would be fun to watch.

xfl2001fan
12-02-2008, 06:39 AM
That is a shame cause we can't play them next week they bring in a quarterback who hasn't played much this year against our deffense that would be fun to watch.I disagree with each portion of the statement...literally and on principle alone.

I just thought you should know. :wink02:

revefsreleets
12-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Ken Dorsey is awful....but he's really no worse than DA. Anderson's #'s for '08 were pretty shabby...50.2% completions, 9 TD's to 8 picks, a very Kordell like QBR of 66.5. How could Dorsey be worse?

In fact, they may be better off with Cribbs and trying to run the option offense.

lilyoder6
12-02-2008, 11:12 AM
go dorsey!!!!!!!!!!! woooo...

they could just run the wildcat formation all game

Big D
12-02-2008, 08:16 PM
since the browns are going after cowher.. maybe they should sign tommy maddox