PDA

View Full Version : Have we finally wised up with Jerome ?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Has Bill Cowher and the Steelers FINALLY now realized how much this team needs Jerome? Have we finally realized we are a better team w/ him in the regular rotation of the game ?

I think its evident today so much that even Cowher has to realize that this team needs Jerome to be the starter and run that bus till the wheels fall off the rest of way !

TasmanianTroy271
12-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Hey man, Did you see the story on Fox that had Jay Glazer with him on a Monday after a game and how much pain he's in? Geeze, I had no idea it was that bad. I've seriously changed my ideas about him staying on another year. This guy's legs are about to give out. I mean, I'd rather loose the Bus and see him every Sunday on NFL Countdown or something than have him another year and only see him twice a year with a cane...

desertsteel
12-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Stick with the BUS!!!!! Let him wear them down and let Willie come in and get his 50 a game so he can reach 1,000. Next year we can draft a bruiser to carry on the tradition.

Dook
12-11-2005, 08:59 PM
The Bus can't and won't start for us. I seriously doubt that we see him get 17 carries again, playoffs maybe.

It's really Duce that we need but he really let the team down.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Yeah, the man cant last another year..w/ the injuries he's had he's still given it his all. He's willing to put it on the line every week for us in what is most likely his last year. Run him till he says he cant go anymore and spell him w/ Willie.

Jerome is the toughest RB around and the no matter what anybody says, THE heart and soul of this team.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2005, 09:02 PM
The Bus can't and won't start for us. I seriously doubt that we see him get 17 carries again, playoffs maybe.

It's really Duce that we need but he really let the team down.

Why cant he ?

I agree the optimal situation was to have Duce take over the smash mouth duties..but Jerome proved today and all of last year that he still can pick this team up and carry us. IMO if we dont use Jerome in a similar manner, maybe not quite as much but still; we wont win out the last 3 games.

We are a team trying to get our identity back and Jerome is the one to help us regain it.

Ambridge
12-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Has Bill Cowher and the Steelers FINALLY now realized how much this team needs Jerome? Have we finally realized we are a better team w/ him in the regular rotation of the game ?

I think its evident today so much that even Cowher has to realize that this team needs Jerome to be the starter and run that bus till the wheels fall off the rest of way !

Amen!!

The Steelers are a different team confidence wise when the Bus is running well and he makes more out of nothing than Willie can.

Dook
12-11-2005, 09:07 PM
I guess you didn't see the FOX pre-game show. They had a story on Bettis. They spent last monday with him, he couldn't move without pain. His knees are done. I couldn't believe it.

Bettis 17+ carries for each game the rest of the season? No way.

Ambridge
12-11-2005, 09:14 PM
I guess you didn't see the FOX pre-game show. They had a story on Bettis. They spent last monday with him, he couldn't move without pain. His knees are done. I couldn't believe it.

Bettis 17+ carries for each game the rest of the season? No way.

I'm sure it's not the first painful day after a game for JB.
Something tells me that with his career practically over he'll find whatever it takes inside himself to be a heavy contributor these last few games and hopefully into the playoffs.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Yeah Ive seen the specials and interviews w/ Jerome. I know he's got next to nothing left in the tank and his knees are pretty much jello., but this is a 4 game season we have here. Since midway thru the season we've proved we cant do anything, and then low and behold he steps out onto the field in a dominant role in the game plan and we win. He inspires this team, every player on it, and the fans...the guy is the heartbeat of this team. He will take every cortizone shot, every pain reliever and every treatment known to man to be ready for next week, and the week after and the week after.

We dont have to give him 17 carries a game, but as many as he can physically stand.. you're damn right !! The guy knows this is his last chance and he knows we need him, I dont doubt jeromes heart one bit, and at this point this team needs all the heart we can get. He makes everybody better.

bigbensgirl7
12-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Bettis is a tough guy. This will probably be his last year wearing the black and gold...but I have faith that when called upon he will perform like he did today!!! Come on Bettis, keep those wheels turning for just a little longer! We love ya!

TexaSteeler
12-11-2005, 09:55 PM
I'm sure it's not the first painful day after a game for JB.
Something tells me that with his career practically over he'll find whatever it takes inside himself to be a heavy contributor these last few games and hopefully into the playoffs.

The key to the interview is he said that his painful Mondays were spilling into Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Also this is the first year that he hasn't felt ready to play on a Sunday.

I felt bad for him and see why he's not as good as last year. And he earned even more respect from me.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2005, 10:43 PM
The way the bus was talking tonite on FSN, he knows we need him and he'll be ready.

melroseplace
12-11-2005, 11:33 PM
We are a team trying to get our identity back and Jerome is the one to help us regain it.
very very true...gotta love the guy

clevestinks
12-12-2005, 12:22 AM
It was nice to see the Bus play well and often. Also there was plenty to go around for Willie!

Koopa
12-12-2005, 01:35 AM

i surely hope so cause damn that was awesome watching him carry the "best d in the league" on his back all day. i think he or duce should start, beat the d up a little and then send in that boy willie parker to run right past all them tired beat up fools. that's the way it should've been when bettis got healthy earlier in the season

Prosdo
12-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Was nice to see the Bus show everyone he's still got it. Got to love the guy.

SteelCityMan786
12-14-2005, 04:15 PM
They have realized we NEED Jerome to help us. Jerome is a Heck Of a RB. I hope at least 1 more year he will be with us. or if not I hope he enjoys retirement.

Koopa
12-14-2005, 05:13 PM
i don't think he should come back 1 more year, mainly for his health. and no point in coming back cause his last game is gonna be in detriot celebrating

RoethlisBURGHer
12-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Hey man, Did you see the story on Fox that had Jay Glazer with him on a Monday after a game and how much pain he's in? Geeze, I had no idea it was that bad. I've seriously changed my ideas about him staying on another year. This guy's legs are about to give out. I mean, I'd rather loose the Bus and see him every Sunday on NFL Countdown or something than have him another year and only see him twice a year with a cane...

I agree 100%

Sharkissle29
12-14-2005, 06:32 PM

i dont know how many 100 yard games were gonna be seeing out of him. dont let last game fool you. next week i cant see him getting the ball, other than his usual goal-line sitruations. the bus took a pounding, and his body probably wont be at a 100% this sunday

clevestinks
12-14-2005, 07:31 PM
The Bus will be just Good against certain defenses!