PDA

View Full Version : flex....

PalmerSteel
11-30-2008, 07:46 PM
how can our game against the cowgirls NOT be on sunday night? is the sunday night schedule already set, or cant we play any more night games? even the ratbirds or titans game should be a sunday night.

Sith Lord
11-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Cowboys @ Steelers locked in at 4:15
Ravens @ Steelers locked in at 4:15
Steelers @ Titans can still be moved

Not sure if week 17 applies for flex scheduling or not, but I dont see them moving the Browns game to 8:15, dont even see them moving it to 4pm.

fansince'76
11-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Just dawned on me - we won another 4:15 game! :tt:

PalmerSteel
11-30-2008, 07:51 PM
ok. well, i guess so much for the "4:15 curse". unless cbs can protect it, i dont see how nbc wouldnt pick the titans game.

stillers4me
11-30-2008, 07:54 PM
ok. well, i guess so much for the "4:15 curse". unless cbs can protect it, i dont see how nbc wouldnt pick the titans game.

Bah....... a curse on curses! :chuckle:

HereWeGoSteelers219
11-30-2008, 07:57 PM
It would be pretty dumb for NBC not to take the Pitt-Tenn game. The Steelers market alone brings a ton of ratings.

nojobny
11-30-2008, 08:01 PM
NFL Flexible Scheduling 101

In effect during Weeks 11-17

Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.

The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.

The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.

No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.

The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET.

Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.

The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.

NFL schedules all games.

Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible

MACH1
11-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Man..I hate these afternoon games. Morning games start at 11am here. Just when I'm finishing my coffee. :coffee: :laughing: Now I have to wait till 2.

SteelCityMan786
11-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Cowboys @ Steelers locked in at 4:15
Ravens @ Steelers locked in at 4:15
Steelers @ Titans can still be moved

Not sure if week 17 applies for flex scheduling or not, but I dont see them moving the Browns game to 8:15, dont even see them moving it to 4pm.

Week 17 can, but it depends on playoff implications. I doubt they would move it unless the Clowns have a shot at winning a wild card. That won't be known until the monday after the Tennessee game.

Sith Lord
11-30-2008, 08:15 PM
NFL Flexible Scheduling 101

In effect during Weeks 11-17

Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.

The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.

The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.

No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.

The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET.

Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.

The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.

NFL schedules all games.

Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible

I believe FOX and CBS can protect a certain number of games as well, therefore they will most likely protect Pitt @ Tenn and move it to 4:15 for the national audience.

fansince'76
11-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Week 17 can, but it depends on playoff implications. I doubt they would move it unless the Clowns have a shot at winning a wild card. That won't be known until the monday after the Tennessee game.

At 4-8, and due to the fact that the best they can do at this point is an 8-8 record and 3rd place in the AFCN (as they've already dropped both of their games against the Ratbirds who can now do no worse than 8-8), I think it's safe to say that the Browns don't have a shot at a WC spot.

markymarc
11-30-2008, 10:44 PM
There is no way Fox is going to give up the Cowgirls and Steelers game. They know better. While it would be nice for Sunday night, I will take another 4:15 game.

The Duke
12-01-2008, 12:37 AM
At 4-8, and due to the fact that the best they can do at this point is an 8-8 record and 3rd place in the AFCN (as they've already dropped both of their games against the Ratbirds who can now do no worse than 8-8), I think it's safe to say that the Browns don't have a shot at a WC spot.

Who knows, Ken Dorsey might become Brady for a day :toofunny:

SteelCityMan786
12-01-2008, 11:05 AM

No Doubt about that.

PalmerSteel
12-01-2008, 03:00 PM
There is no way Fox is going to give up the Cowgirls and Steelers game. They know better. While it would be nice for Sunday night, I will take another 4:15 game.

read the first page. the next 2 games are already locked. talking about titans and brownies game. nbc will not want anything to do with the brownies for sure.

The_WARDen
12-01-2008, 03:05 PM

especially since they've won their last 2 in that time spot and are rolling at 4:15.

:helmet:

beSteelmyheart
12-01-2008, 07:16 PM
I hope it snows like crazy in Pittsburgh when the dome queens come to town!:tt03: