PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' two-back attack pays off

BozMan
12-01-2008, 02:11 AM
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — Wonders never cease. The Steelers played their top two running backs for the majority of Sunday's game against the New England Patriots. A real, live two-back attack for the tradition-bound one-back Steelers. Imagine that.

Not because Willie Parker was injured during the contest - he wasn't. And not because Mewelde Moore is a superior pass receiver- which he is.

Just because.

Full article (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_600866.html)

Nice to see the Steelers deploy a 1-2 punch at RB. I'm still curious to see the dual RB "Pony" formation.

BrandonCarr39
12-01-2008, 02:22 AM
Proud to say-Mewelde Moore went to my alma mater, as did Matt Forte for that matter. I graduated a few years before they did though.

While the Tulane Green Wave football team may look BAD, record-wise that is, their HC(Chris Selfo) is actually a VERY good recruiter.

Rich Rodriguez was Tommy Bowden's OC at the time-when Bowden left for Clemson in '98, RR seemed like a lock for the job...but Selfo's brother is a booster to the university which made him the frontrunner out of nowhere. He's gotten like upteen extensions(latest being until '10) since he got hired.

Anyhow-back to Moore-Tulane has surprisingly brought out numerous talents from their athletic program. Moore and Forte being 2, and even though Patrick Ramsey and JP Losman didn't work out for their respective teams, they nonetheless were drafted in the 1st round.

With that being said-I'm happy for Moore's success in this league.

Hines0wnz
12-01-2008, 02:49 AM
Harrison, Troy and Woodley are having great years but MeMo has been the MVP of this team this season. Maybe its good that teams cant just plan to stop Willie now.

Galax Steeler
12-01-2008, 03:33 AM
Without Moore where would this team be right now he is one the best pickups I can remember in a long time he fits right in with the Steelers.