PDA

View Full Version : Clark's vicious hit on Welker part of the game

mesaSteeler
12-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Clark's vicious hit on Welker part of the game
http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/for_the_record/posts/27821-clarks-vicious-hit-on-welker-part-of-the-game?eref=fromSI
For the Record
Dave Heuschkel Si.com

Ryan Clark's hit on Wes Welker may draw the NFL office's ire.
AP

Anybody catch that fur coat that Randy Moss wore as he addressed the media after the Patriots lost to the Steelers? It looked like something from Snoop Dogg's dressing room during a video shoot.

I kept trying to picture Bill Belichick wearing it, but he's not a warm and fuzzy guy.

Just checked out the transcript of Belichick's postgame press conference. I doesn't sound like he appreciated the vicious hit Steelers safety Ryan Clark delivered on Wes Welker. Clark received an unnecessary roughness penalty.

"I don't have anything to say about that right now,"Belichick said.

He'll probably have plenty to say if Clark isn't assessed a hefty fine by the league. Fortunately for Welker, it wasn't a helmet-to-helmet hit. But Clark blasted Welker with his shoulder. Hines Ward's block on Bengals rookie linebacker Keith Rivers -- which broke the rookie's jaw -- wasnít this bad.

Amazingly, Welker was back on his feet just 10 seconds after getting smoked by Clark. Pound for pound, Welker is as tough as the come. Still, getting drilled like that has to make him think the next time he goes across the middle. It may have caused some people to recall Jack Tatum's hit that paralyzed Darryl Stingley in a 1978 preseason game.

Just because Clark drew a penalty doesn't mean his Welker hit was dirty or a cheap shot. Clark appears to have left his feet, but he didnít launch himself into Welker. Any receiver going across the middle knows there's a chance he can get creamed. That's what happened to Welker.

LambertIsGod58
12-01-2008, 08:08 AM
I've seen that play about 10 times and I don't see it as dirty at all. The ball was in the air and was tipped. It was fair game IMO.

Steel_Bus_24
12-01-2008, 08:18 AM
For all Ryan knew....that ball was on a rope to Welker's hands

He hit him with his shoulder and really didn't leave his feet all that much

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
12-01-2008, 10:46 AM
yeah that pass is comin it at like 50mph... it wasnt helmet to helmet...

i dont see wtf the problem was, maybe he just hit him too hard?

bahahaha

LambertIsGod58
12-01-2008, 10:48 AM
The Steelers are easily the most physical defense in the league...they will be under a microscope. Especially after some of the commentary from Polamalu.

steelers2685
12-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Has anyone been able to locate an image of these two showing right as they collided, or should I say the point at which Welker hit a brick wall? :tt02: I wanna put this in my file of other Steeler annihilating hits lol....

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
12-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Has anyone been able to locate an image of these two showing right as they collided, or should I say the point at which Welker hit a brick wall? :tt02: I wanna put this in my file of other Steeler annihilating hits lol....

the best i could find was people videotaping their tv's with cell phones...

so no, haha

Steel_Bus_24
12-01-2008, 11:03 AM

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr175/gosteelers4life/steelers/welkerowned.gif

:tt03:

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
12-01-2008, 11:08 AM
bahahaha there it is

kmsteelerwr15
12-01-2008, 11:08 AM
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr175/gosteelers4life/steelers/welkerowned.gif

haha poetry in motion

Hines0wnz
12-01-2008, 07:09 PM
I cannot stop watching that excerpt.

I almost feel bad for doing so...................................but not enough to stop. :laughing:

bradness113
12-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Wes Welker got

JACKED UP

steel striker
12-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Wow what a hit that was and, it was a legal clean shot. I hope Clark does not get suspended for that. Also I would like for Clark to light up Owens this sunday just like that.

NYC SteelersFan
12-01-2008, 11:39 PM

They should play that over and over on the jumbotron before the Cowboys game so Romo can #$%^ himself.

WWIIOwheelz
12-01-2008, 11:43 PM
You know, if you look at it a certain way, he almost looks like a Cowboy

BrandonCarr39
12-02-2008, 12:30 AM
The Steelers are easily the most physical defense in the league...they will be under a microscope. Especially after some of the commentary from Polamalu.

Like I mentioned on other threads, I wished we played you guys earlier in the season b/c of the physical nature you guys bring. When I saw the Steelers play the Ravens(another very physical team), I thought I was watching a slasher horror flick. And guess what-we play the Ravens 13 days later!

Steelman16
12-02-2008, 12:39 AM
It seems to me (after watching it a hundred times :laughing: ) ....

Clark's feet don't leave the ground until after he hits Welker. How can Clark even control that? I mean, he slams full throttle into Welker, and it's not like he can do much to keep his feet on the ground.

If Welker had been off his feet, Clark would have forced him into a full backflip. :chuckle:

It's just sooo beautiful.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-02-2008, 12:43 AM
Clark's vicious hit on Welker part of the game
Just checked out the transcript of Belichick's postgame press conference. I doesn't sound like he appreciated the vicious hit Steelers safety Ryan Clark delivered on Wes Welker. Clark received an unnecessary roughness penalty.

"I don't have anything to say about that right now,"Belichick said.

He'll probably have plenty to say if Clark isn't assessed a hefty fine by the league. Fortunately for Welker, it wasn't a helmet-to-helmet hit. But Clark blasted Welker with his shoulder. Hines Ward's block on Bengals rookie linebacker Keith Rivers -- which broke the rookie's jaw -- wasnít this bad.

Maybe Billiprick should be more concerned with the hit Pierre Woods put on Miller and hope HE doesn't get a fine. I would think the Steelers will submit that bit of film to the league for "review" just like everyone else does.