PDA

View Full Version : Lowly Browns fans cheer Anderson injury

SteelersMongol
12-01-2008, 09:37 PM
In what could be an unceremonious ending to his Browns career, Derek Anderson heard Browns fans cheering when the quarterback went down in the fourth quarter with a damaged left knee ligament that will probably end his season. "They were cheering the fact that I was hurt," said Anderson after the 10-6 loss to the Colts. "They don't like me. That's well known." The cheering was not lost on his teammates, who were upset by it. One said it was his lowest point in Cleveland Browns Stadium.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/79550-browns-qb-anderson-heard-jeers-after-injury?eref=fromSI

Wow. :thmbdown: :sign03:

xfl2001fan
12-01-2008, 09:44 PM
It's a sad sad thing when you cheer the injury of a guy who wasn't an asshat.

SteelCityMan786
12-01-2008, 09:45 PM
It's a sad sad thing when you cheer the injury of a guy who wasn't an asshat.

:thumbsup:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-01-2008, 09:49 PM
FYI

It was only a minority of Browns fans who did that, and part of them were just wanting Dorsey in for some strange..weird reason.

The rest of us (probably around 95%), think that such behavior is unacceptable.

tony hipchest
12-01-2008, 10:00 PM
any word if anderson cried like tim couch?

BrandonCarr39
12-01-2008, 10:06 PM
In our opener against the Browns, when Romo went down for a few moments, I was shocked by how much the fans cheered over it. But cheering over your OWN player?

I thought it was ONLY the Eagles fans that do this.

iloveben7
12-01-2008, 10:59 PM
wow???

LambertIsGod58
12-01-2008, 11:02 PM
The sick thing is that back in the 70's the same thing happened to Bradshaw. He said it scarred him for the rest of his career.

MasterOfPuppets
12-01-2008, 11:11 PM
The cheering was not lost on his teammates, who were upset by it. One said it was his lowest point in Cleveland Browns Stadium.now its official......EVERYONE...hates cleveland.....:toofunny:

XxKnightxX
12-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Thats just despicable

klick81
12-02-2008, 01:01 AM
The sick thing is that back in the 70's the same thing happened to Bradshaw. He said it scarred him for the rest of his career.

You can't tell that man that Steelers fans are the best fans!

CB1977
12-02-2008, 07:20 AM
I knew there would be a thread about this here and, rightfully so.

It wasn't everyone in the stadium that cheered Anderson's injury, but it was enough to give Cleveland yet another blow to the Browns fans. I am not a big fan of DA and I'm sure there are many Browns fans that share that same thought but, he is one of our players and he is a human being. For those of you in the stadium that cheered DA as he layed on the field injured, I hope each and every one of you suffers the same way he did...1000 times worse.

Thanks for letting me vent. I feel much better.

Good luck to your team this year. :drink:

revefsreleets
12-02-2008, 10:08 AM
News out of Cleveland is that this could very well be the end of DA's career.
Think what could have been:
-Quinn is named the starter in February. DA is put on the trading block.
-DA is traded to Detroit for Shawn Rodgers instead of Leigh Bodden (Cleveland's best DB) and a 2nd rd pick.
-Browns pick Brandon Flowers, CB with 2nd rd pick. Flowers adds much needed depth in the secondary.
-With some depth at CB, the Browns are able to blitz mpre due to coverage ability. With added pressure, the defense is much more effective.
-Quinn gets considerable playing time in preseason, and takes his lumps there. After a slow start, he begins to play solidly, and develops a great repoire with Edwards and Winslow.
-Instead of being 4-8, the Browns are now 7-5 and still in the hunt.

steelreserve
12-02-2008, 11:26 AM
News out of Cleveland is that this could very well be the end of DA's career.

Naw, dude. He'll resurface with the Lions. Everyone who used to be a starting QB gets one last chance there before his career ends. It's a league bylaw.

steelpride12
12-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Where's Charlie Frye when you need him? The Steelers could use another 41-0 blowout.

lilyoder6
12-02-2008, 12:02 PM
i agree with u rev.. i was shocked that they re-sign D.A while having another starter in quinn... if they would of left him as a RFA they even could of gotten a 1st and a 3rd for him and that could of helped out even more

jjpro11
12-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Where's Charlie Frye when you need him? The Steelers could use another 41-0 blowout.

i think dorsey gives us just as good a chance.

Steeler in Carolina
12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
The funny thing is that next year when Brady Quinn leads them to a 5-11 record they will wish they had Andersen back.

steelergirl07
12-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Sad. I didn't even cheer when Brady went down. And I hate the guy.

revefsreleets
12-03-2008, 08:07 AM
If Dorsey is still in one piece by the Steelers game, we will eat him alive. He's just awful...

xfl2001fan
12-03-2008, 08:34 AM
If Dorsey is still in one piece by the Steelers game, we will eat him alive. He's just awful...

I think you're giving him way too much credit Rev. He's not bad as a coaches assistant...but knowing the game and playing the game can be two different things.

Tankus_Maximus
12-03-2008, 09:56 AM
But wait, wasn't Cleveland touting Anderson as the next coming of Joe Montana at the beginning of the season?

Wow, funny how a losing season can suddenly cause the band-wagon to topple over.

xfl2001fan
12-03-2008, 10:01 AM
But wait, wasn't Cleveland touting Anderson as the next coming of Joe Montana at the beginning of the season?

Wow, funny how a losing season can suddenly cause the band-wagon to topple over.

Band Wagon? I hope you aren't referring to this Browns fan.

revefsreleets
12-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Many, if not most, were under the mass delusion that Anderson was the real deal. One need look no further than his rapid late-season deterioration in '07 to see that that clearly isn't the case.

He's a nice back-up. Pay him a mil a year to carry the clipboard, and he's servicable for a game or two off the bench.

SteelCurtain7
12-06-2008, 03:22 PM
It would be good football karma if DA came back with another team and kicked the Browns' behinds. This despicable, retarded Clowns behavior is way beyond the pale. :rolleyes:

Havik
12-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Hearing about this doesn't surprise me. A lot of Browns fans are classless, rude, and arrogant. I live around a lot of them, and most of them are assholes. I guess they don't have much to cheer for other than injuries, cause they sure can't win football games.