PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 Pittsburgh connection????

Hammer67
12-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Looks like some forthcoming downloadable missions take place in the good old Burgh:

The Pitt
The second pack, titled The Pitt and available for the PC and Xbox 360 versions of the game, sees the player journey to the industrial raider town located in the remains of Pittsburgh, and is scheduled for release in February 2009.

(from the Wikipedia entry on Fallout 3)

lilyoder6
12-02-2008, 11:21 AM
that would be sick,,, fallout is a good game

Hammer67
12-02-2008, 02:36 PM
I wonder if they will put Burgh locations and/or easter eggs for locals. Maybe a terrible towel in a drawer somewhere. LOL.

Godfather
12-02-2008, 03:31 PM
I wonder if they will put Burgh locations and/or easter eggs for locals. Maybe a terrible towel in a drawer somewhere. LOL.

That would rock. Games should allow customization and user-generated content...ie someone can write a modpack that puts that stuff in the Pittsburgh version of the game.

The Civ series keeps getting better at that.

Hammer67
12-03-2008, 11:17 AM
That would rock. Games should allow customization and user-generated content...ie someone can write a modpack that puts that stuff in the Pittsburgh version of the game.

The Civ series keeps getting better at that.

Actually Fallout does...it's made by Bethesda who made Oblivion...and there was a strong mod community for that game. Fallout 3 is based on the same game engine and already has a built in mod integration piece as well as a forthcoming mod tool you can download.

So...don't be suprised.

KeiselPower99
12-08-2008, 09:14 AM
I rented fallout over the weekend and damn I was amazed. Saturday I played it for well over 12 hours. Itll be on my list of games to buy.

T.Richardson
12-08-2008, 02:07 PM
hmm. Whats Fallout 3? I never heard of it.

Hammer67
12-09-2008, 10:18 AM
hmm. Whats Fallout 3? I never heard of it.

Google, wikipedia....all friends of yours! :flap:

Hammer67
12-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Speaking of Fallout...did anyone ever play Wasteland??? Old Apple and PC game from late 80's early 90's. Started the whole Fallout genre...

Stillers33
12-13-2008, 10:42 PM
lol i bet they have Kechup field instead of heinz and bank park instead of Pnc it would be funny if they had a Steeler fan in the stadium in the seats with a plastice cup beside him and a terrible towel in the other hand and he was a skelton but his jersey was still intact, now that would be alsome!!:tt02::tt02::helmet::tt::tt03:

Hammer67
03-31-2009, 11:17 AM
So I played through the Fallout 3 expansion entitled "The Pitt". It takes pace in Pittsburgh and the bridges are there as well as Mt Washington with the inclines.

No Heinz field or other landmarks other then the Monongahela river and the bridges. Keep in mind that the Fallout 3 universe is an alternate world that assumed nuclear war in the 1950's...so, anything after that was altered. So, if anything, there would be Forbes field...but it isn't in the game as you are pretty much limited to the Station Square area, what appears to be the 10th street bridge and downtown.

You do go in a working Steel mill, though.