PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys' Adams will have his hands full with Steelers' LB Harrison

mesaSteeler
12-03-2008, 06:47 AM
Dallas Cowboys' Adams will have his hands full with Steelers' LB Harrison

10:56 PM CST on Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Flozell Adams went to the Pro Bowl last season. So did Matt Light. But Pro Bowl stripes don't seem to impress Pittsburgh Steelers weakside linebacker James Harrison.

Harrison is the best player on the best defense in the NFL. It'll be Adams' job to block him Sunday, when the Cowboys visit the Steelers. Tony Romo can only hope Adams puts up a better fight than Light did last Sunday for the New England Patriots.

Harrison was a one-man wrecking crew, stalking Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel into his worst performance of the season. Harrison made nine tackles and sacked Cassel twice, both times causing a fumble that was recovered by the Steelers. Cassel finished the day 19-of-39 for 169 yards and two interceptions in a 33-10 loss to Pittsburgh.

That kind of effort has become the norm for Harrison, who went to his first Pro Bowl in 2007, when he led the AFC with seven forced fumbles and led his team with 8 sacks. He's playing even better this season. Harrison leads the NFL with six forced fumbles and ranks third in the league with 14 sacks.

Undrafted out of Kent State in 2002, Harrison was cut twice by the Steelers and spent the bulk of two seasons on the club's practice roster before earning a roster spot in 2004 covering kicks on special teams.

Harrison spent three seasons learning how to play linebacker the Steeler way in the 3-4 scheme, showing flashes with a fumble return for a touchdown in 2004, an interception of Drew Brees in 2005 and three tackles against Cincinnati in his only start in 2006.

The Steelers were convinced Harrison was ready in 2007 and cut Pro Bowler Joey Porter to create a starting spot for him. A blend of power and speed, Harrison was team MVP of the AFC North champions.

Adams runs hot and cold as a pass protector. Sunday had better be one of his hot days for the Cowboys to have a chance against the 9-3 Steelers and NFL's best defense.

aburdell
12-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Adams is over rated. They haven't faced a good 3-4 defense all year. He doesn't stand a chance against Harrison. The best defense they have faced was the Giants and they gave up 4 sacks i think. Also I really hope Clark gives T.O. a good shot so he starts crying and dropping balls.

TackleMeBen
12-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Adams is over rated. They haven't faced a good 3-4 defense all year. He doesn't stand a chance against Harrison. The best defense they have faced was the Giants and they gave up 4 sacks i think. Also I really hope Clark gives T.O. a good shot so he starts crying and dropping balls.
i am all for a good after game press conference with T.O. crying..lol:sofunny:

LambertIsGod58
12-03-2008, 09:54 AM

Dallas better pack a lunch....it's gonna be a LOOOONGGGG day!:tt:

Edman
12-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Damn Right he'll have his hands full.

It seems the only way you can stop Silverback is holding him. He's been held and clotheslined too many times to count this season.

lotas
12-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Damn Right he'll have his hands full.

It seems the only way you can stop Silverback is holding him. He's been held and clotheslined too many times to count this season.

It blows my mind. And like you said, it's not always a "hold" as it is a clothesline/full-nelson/assault :sofunny:

Then again, 6ft 240lbs of pure 570lb squatting, 420lb benching power? Scary...

Steely McSmash
12-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Don't we read this article about the speedbump of the week before every game?

As for the pro-bowl, Adams may be riding on reputation since he's been in the league for 11 years.

He's 33, long day for an old Football player coming up this week.

Perhaps we'll see if Jason Witten can do some decent blocking as a TE since blocking help will be needed.

lilyoder6
12-03-2008, 12:01 PM
i think that adams has lost a step at his age and hopefully harrison can expliot that... but i can see barber being the last line of def for romo

FCBarca
12-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Adams and Holland will make the left side a source of weakness for the Boys, IMHO

Dynasty
12-03-2008, 06:38 PM
i am all for a good after game press conference with T.O. crying..lol:sofunny:

like this lol?

http://www.atlnightspots.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/519.jpg

Steelman16
12-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Don't we read this article about the speedbump of the week before every game?

:toofunny:

That's hilarious. And you're right, it never ceases to amaze me how Harrison schools "premiere" LT's ever week.

:tt02:

To see TO crying after a Steelers win would be the media highlight of the season for me! :popcorn:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-04-2008, 12:27 AM
I havent read this much optimism since Harrison was supposed to abuse the Bengals rookie LT, Anthony Collins.

Adams will probably be fine. The Cowboys do a good job of protecting Romo. Its up to the CB's to create some "coverage sacks". The big O line of the Cowboys cant handle the relentless pass rush, but can block for 2-3 seconds.

Galax Steeler
12-04-2008, 03:39 AM
They might be giving Harrison so much attention that Woodley might have a monster game I would like to see both of them in the backfield all game long.

stillers4me
12-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Harrison was a one-man wrecking crew

I thought that was Troy's job description. :chuckle:

Burghfan58
12-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Slow feet =Fast start......That is fast start penalties as Flozell jumps trying to get the edge on Harrison. Romo is scrambling all day. Coverage downfield needs to be sharp. Barber gets nothing. Steelers 27-14 :helmet:

southmofan
12-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Bunch of hopeful homers I see. You're invited to tell us otherwise at AbsoluteCowboys.Com

We always invite guys from the other side during game week.

Adams ALWAYS gets a False Start, usually 1-2 a game. He plays up to his competition though, and he can play very well. Don't get too giddy just yet.

Burghfan58
12-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Bunch of hopeful homers I see. You're invited to tell us otherwise at AbsoluteCowboys.Com

Adams ALWAYS gets a False Start, usually 1-2 a game. He plays up to his competition though, and he can play very well. Don't get too giddy just yet.

Not hopeful, just realistic. Tell me why Dallas will win. Finesse team in bad conditions with few yards on the ground. Steeler win.

#1LambertFan
12-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Pittsburgh 17-13. I like me some some Defense.

southmofan
12-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Not hopeful, just realistic. Tell me why Dallas will win. Finesse team in bad conditions with few yards on the ground. Steeler win.

Too easy. (although the Steelers are plenty good and could win)

Dallas is a vertical team with a scrambling quarterback who buys time for his receivers. Over the past three weeks against two duds and one good team, they have played much more disciplined, and put up numbers similar to the first three weeks of the season. In other words, the offense has gotten healthy, is clicking right now and has a multitude of weapons. They WILL score.

The Steelers have to limit that, because the Steelers offense -if they get one-dimensional, would be in trouble. If EITHER offense gets one-dimensional they are in for a long day because these are the best pass rushing teams in the NFL.

I simply don't think the Steelers can contain the Cowboys offense enough for the entire game, and because of the Dallas pass rush, the Steelers offense is going to struggle in the 4th quarter.

It'll be close.

Burghfan58
12-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Too easy. (although the Steelers are plenty good and could win)

Dallas is a vertical team with a scrambling quarterback who buys time for his receivers. Over the past three weeks against two duds and one good team, they have played much more disciplined, and put up numbers similar to the first three weeks of the season. In other words, the offense has gotten healthy, is clicking right now and has a multitude of weapons. They WILL score.

The Steelers have to limit that, because the Steelers offense -if they get one-dimensional, would be in trouble. If EITHER offense gets one-dimensional they are in for a long day because these are the best pass rushing teams in the NFL.

I simply don't think the Steelers can contain the Cowboys offense enough for the entire game, and because of the Dallas pass rush, the Steelers offense is going to struggle in the 4th quarter.

It'll be close.

Cowboys will score, but how much. Steelers lead the league in fewest points allowed and the conditions will put a premium on the run game. Oh by the way they also lead the league in fewest rushing yards allowed. Barber will not beat them. The last time T.O. was in Pittsburgh with the Eagles he imploded. If Steelers don't turn it over they win handily. :helmet:

lilyoder6
12-05-2008, 12:09 PM
if the weather is going to be bad as evryone is saying it is going to be.. i think dallas off may stall out of the gate 2 get used 2 the weather conditions.. it's going to be a good game that has many mnay pro-bowlers in it and 3 players that are in the sack leading race

southmofan
12-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Cowboys will score, but how much. Steelers lead the league in fewest points allowed and the conditions will put a premium on the run game. Oh by the way they also lead the league in fewest rushing yards allowed. Barber will not beat them. The last time T.O. was in Pittsburgh with the Eagles he imploded. If Steelers don't turn it over they win handily. :helmet:

...only if Dallas DOES turn it over. Cowboys set up the run with the pass, so Barber rarely beats anyone. Romo beats people. They've managed to be one of the best offenses in the league (with Romo) despite struggling in the running game at times. We'll see how they do against Pitt.

Wouldn't surprise me either way. A BIG win by the Steelers however, shouldn't happen. If it does, heads should roll.

southmofan
12-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Dallas will start slow. They almost always do.

Fordy
12-05-2008, 01:20 PM

Flozell Adams struggles with speed rushers. You are going to need to give him help blocking which gives you one less recieving target and or opens up room for other Steelers players to wreak havoc on Romo. It's gonna be a long day for your Boy's so get yourself ready for a long afternoon.:tt02:

southmofan
12-05-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm getting ready for a long first quarter. I think the afternoon will turn out just fine though.

markymarc
12-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Dallas will start slow. They almost always do.

Well a lot of times the Steelers do was well on the offensive side.