PDA

View Full Version : Ben hurts knee.

Edman
12-03-2008, 04:05 PM
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08338/932488-66.stm

:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging:

BrandonCarr39
12-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Don't sweat it-he'll play and do fine. The guy is one tough SOB.

The Duke
12-03-2008, 04:11 PM
If anything, this should take away his movility for the next few weeks. Meaning the oline HAS to protect him

Worse case scenario, Leftwich steps in and should do a fine job

No need to panic

Don't sweat it-he'll play and do fine. The guy is one tough SOB.

that too

klick81
12-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Greeeeeeat.

The_WARDen
12-03-2008, 04:12 PM
doesn't sound serious and it's still attached so I think he'll be okay for Sunday.

:doh:

Preacher
12-03-2008, 04:17 PM
hey...

hasn't anyone here every gone out and played around, and tweaked their knee? Next day it is fine... or the day after?

I ain't worried about it.

fansince'76
12-03-2008, 04:18 PM
They doing a MRI on it? No? It's nothing, then.

The_WARDen
12-03-2008, 04:19 PM
they need to keep Parker off that field!

Hapa
12-03-2008, 04:19 PM
If anything, this should take away his movility for the next few weeks. Meaning the oline HAS to protect him

Worse case scenario, Leftwich steps in and should do a fine job

No need to panic

that too

DENNIS DIXON :D

MACH1
12-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Great...A one armed one legged QB.

I hope the MRI is just a precautionary thing.

SteelMember
12-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Interesting that Mike has the team practicing outdoors, when I've heard the cowboys are practicing indoors. It's calling to be pretty cold and rainy/snowy Sunday, so I hope they pack their winter coats. Personally, I'd unplug the heated bench and helmet warmers. Let's go old school. :chuckle:

MACH1
12-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Interesting that Mike has the team practicing outdoors, when I've heard the cowboys are practicing indoors. It's calling to be pretty cold and rainy/snowy Sunday, so I hope they pack their winter coats. Personally, I'd unplug the heated bench and helmet warmers. Let's go old school. :chuckle:

There ya go. Should also flood the cowgirls sideline the night before too. :wink02:

BrandonCarr39
12-03-2008, 04:37 PM

When the Saints played the Bears in the NFCCG 2 years ago, Sean Payton may have made a big mistake in practicing indoors instead(the Bears, OTOH, practiced in their horrible weather conditions all week in pads). He did so b/c when he was OC for the Giants in '06, Jim Fassell decided to practice indoors before the NFCCG against the Vikings, and results were gangbusters for them.

Throughout that game, Saints receivers were having butterfingers, slipping on routes, etc, while defenders were losing their footing and tackling bad. The Bears, OTOH, looked incredibly sharp.

I guess we'll see what happens-but the knock on Wade here in Dallas is preparing his team in practice.

fansince'76
12-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Throughout that game, Saints receivers were having butterfingers, slipping on routes, etc, while defenders were losing their footing and tackling bad. The Bears, OTOH, looked incredibly sharp.

I guess we'll see what happens-but the knock on Wade here in Dallas is preparing his team in practice.

That's just it - the footing at HF always seems to work to our opponents' advantage, for whatever reason - it's always our guys slipping and sliding while our opponents have no trouble. :hunch:

lilyoder6
12-03-2008, 05:13 PM
i think ben will be fine.. he just slipped... i think that his shoulder is prob still worse than this knee problem

devilsdancefloor
12-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Great...A one armed one legged QB.

I hope the MRI is just a precautionary thing.

Are you starting rumors to throw off our new cowboy fan??

steelpride12
12-03-2008, 05:27 PM

There gonna be in some hostile weather. Low thirties with chances of high winds and snow showers. Lets see how the dome kitties play in Steeler weather!

MACH1
12-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Are you starting rumors to throw off our new cowboy fan??

:wink02:

XxKnightxX
12-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Doesnt sound as bad as when I first read it, hoepfully hell be back in practice tomorrow, like the fact that the steelers are practicing outside.

STEELAMANIA
12-03-2008, 06:07 PM
I wish it was sunny and 80 degrees so the Cowbores won't use weather as an excuse after getting beatdown!!!!

19ward86
12-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Hope he can return to practice this week. Stats have shown that when he practices for a full week the steelers show up big.

hindes204
12-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Big Ben is always banged up, there is a difference between playng hurt and playing injured...Ben can play hurt all day long

iloveben7
12-03-2008, 10:04 PM
it's just a minor thing and Hines said don't worry about ben, he'll be fine.

i've tweaked my knee numerous times before and it usually goes away within a day. they just put leftwich in for precaution.

Steelman16
12-04-2008, 12:57 AM
If nothing else, consider it a wake-up call to the O-line to keep Ben alive against the Cowboys.

jjpro11
12-04-2008, 02:12 AM
what is with out practice fields?? willie steps in a hole and derails his entire season.. ben slips in mud and who knows now.

anyways.. the cowboys have been a terrible december team.. i cant seem to recall their last game in the snow.. after looking over their schedule over the previous few years, it looks like they have only played 3 or 4 games on the road in cold weather stadiums during december. i dont know what the weather conditions were exactly, but they didnt fare too well in those particular games.

Galax Steeler
12-04-2008, 04:34 AM
Sounds like Ben will be fine he should be ready to go sunday hopefully it won't bother his performance against the cowboys.

Fire Haley
12-04-2008, 06:14 AM
God killed untold billions and billions and billions of lifeforms and turned them into petrochemicals just so we could have FieldTurf.

Denying FieldTurf is like turning your back on God.

Looks Like Grass... Feels Like Grass... Plays Like Grass
Dramatically Different From All Other Turf
FieldTurf is dramatically different from traditional synthetic turf. The most striking difference is immediately obvious. Instead of a dense, abrasive rug, FieldTurf's fiber surface is soft, silky - like new blades of grass in a spring meadow. Players can slide, tackle and tumble on FieldTurf's unique blend of specially treated polyethylene fibers without fear of abrasions. Rug burns are a thing of the past. The old hatred of «turf» - voiced so loudly by players, trainers, coaches, the media, even parents and doctors - simply vanishes, a distant memory from the rough «carpet age».

But FieldTurf is much more than just the absence of abrasions. Unlike traditional turf, FieldTurf does not rely on an underlying shock pad for safety, resilience and player comfort. Rather, like its natural grass cousin, FieldTurf's grass fibers are surrounded and stabilized by a special blend of «synthetic earth» - FieldTurf's patented mixture of smooth, rounded silica sand and rubber granules.

The design of the FieldTurf fabric is radically different. FieldTurf is the original wide gauge, tall pile fabric, and this design is also patented. The distance between the rows of fibers tufted into the backing is very wide, and related directly to the height of the pile fibers.

The taller the pile, the wider the distance between the fibers. This patented formula means the special filling or «synthetic earth» that is layered into the pile fibers is carefully controlled in terms of weight, density and thickness. There are approximately ten pounds of infill per square foot compared to less than half of that for any other infilled turf company in the industry. Why is this so important? The designers at FieldTurf discovered that the only way to truly emulate natural grass is to combine all these elements into an integrated system. The tall pile, wide gauge design, and increased infill mass allows cleated shoes to penetrate the fibers, plant into the special sand/rubber infill, twist easily and release (with minimal torsional resistance).

Bio-Mechanical Properties for Safety and Performance
This design accounts for the documented reduction in lower extremity injuries and significantly reduced neural injuries of players who compete on FieldTurf, even compared to natural grass!

The rubber granules are a key component. Tire rubber is cryogenically frozen, shattered into smooth, clean, rounded particles, sized and shaped to stay «in suspension» with the sand, which is of a similar size, shape and weight. The sand and rubber are precision layered to guarantee uniformity, with an installation process that is also patented.

The result: A stable, resilient, uniform, shock-absorbing surface. FieldTurf is the original and only system emulating natural grass.

No weather can stop FieldTurf.
Not rainstorms. Not snowstorms. Our fields are made to be plowed without any damage. From Minneapolis to Moscow, our fields perform in the most extreme conditions.

stillers4me
12-04-2008, 06:27 AM
God is Steelers fan. That's why he created grass.

GeneralRobinson
12-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Full Participation in practice for Ben today.:thumbsup:

STEELERS

Practice Report
Did Not Participate In Practice
Wednesday DE Brett Keisel (knee), DE Travis Kirschke (back), RB Willie Parker (knee, shoulder), S Troy Polamalu (calf), DE Aaron Smith (knee), T Marvel Smith (back), CB Deshea Townsend (not injury related), WR Hines Ward (not injury related)
Thursday DE Brett Keisel (knee), S Troy Polamalu (calf), T Marvel Smith (back)

Limited Participation in Practice
Wednesday QB Ben Roethlisberger (knee)

Full Participation in Practice
Wednesday CB Bryant McFadden (forearm)
Thursday DE Travis Kirschke (back), CB Bryant McFadden (forearm), RB Willie Parker (knee, shoulder), QB Ben Roethlisberger (knee), DE Aaron Smith (knee)

COWBOYS
Practice Report
Did Not Participate In Practice
Wednesday T Flozell Adams (not injury related), WR Miles Austin (knee), RB Marion Barber (toe), T Marc Colombo (not injury related), LB Greg Ellis (not injury related), CB Mike Jenkins (hamstring), WR Terrell Owens (not injury related), LB Zach Thomas (not injury related), LB DeMarcus Ware (knee)
Thursday WR Miles Austin (knee), RB Marion Barber (toe), CB Mike Jenkins (hamstring)

Limited Participation in Practice
Thursday LB DeMarcus Ware (knee)

Full Participation in Practice
Wednesday WR Isaiah Stanback (shoulder)
Thursday WR Isaiah Stanback (shoulder)

http://news.steelers.com/article/98866/

Dino 6 Rings
12-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Um...folks this is actually a good thing. I mean seriously, he's just trying to be like...(pause for angelic music) Terry Bradshaw...Terry always played better "hurt" and that is exactly what Ben does...

His knee is hurt? Fantastic, I smell 280 yards passing with 3 Passing tds as our Redzone Offense gets to that extra level.

Awesome, just Awesome.