PDA

View Full Version : After Dallas gets beatdown Sunday.....

STEELAMANIA
12-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Here are the excuses you will hear from the "experts":

1) The weather factor

2) Barber and Ware were playing hurt

3) :blah:

It won't matter if the Steeler beat the Cowbores 100 - 0, the media will still hate the Steelers and they will say that the Cowbores beat themselves. Watch it happen.

.24lockdown
12-04-2008, 03:37 PM
dont forget about how we're overrated and that our o-line will prevent us from doing anyhing in the playoffs.......................................... ..........lol

MACH1
12-04-2008, 03:37 PM
SWEEEEED :chuckle:

STEELAMANIA
12-04-2008, 03:40 PM
SWEEEEED :chuckle:

LOL man, I'm never gonna get any letup from that Philly gameday discussion hahahahahahahhahahaa

stillers4me
12-04-2008, 03:59 PM
It will be blamed on our crappy field.

There's no place like home. :chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
12-04-2008, 04:24 PM
speaking of our field have they let the cows out to graze yet ??? :tt03::tt03::tt03:

Dino 6 Rings
12-04-2008, 04:39 PM
It will be blamed on our crappy field.

There's no place like home. :chuckle:

Actually, now I'm hearing talking heads say that it would be better if the Steelers played Road games in the playoffs because our defense is so fast it is hurt by playing at home on the bad field.

Seriously....

All that needs to be said...after every single win is the following:

#1 Defense

That's it. It says it all.

BrandonCarr39
12-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Just a little warning about ESPN and the national sports media...

Whenever my team loses, the ESPN crew will spend hours upon hours over "Doom and Gloom" stories in Dallas.

You saw their coverage when the Skins beat us in Sept-all it was was "Wade is too soft", "The TO implosion is happening now", "The Dallas D is overrated", :blah: But, en yet, they DIDN'T say ONE word about the Skins' impressive effort over us. And for that matter, both the Titans and Bills had 4-0 starts, and not one peep about them either.

Dino 6 Rings
12-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Actually, I listen to every ESPN Podcast and the Bills are the laughing stock of the league right now when people are giggling about the Lions.

They keep calling them the Toronto Bills since they have stunk it up so bad lately.

Preacher
12-04-2008, 04:45 PM

Whenever my team loses, the ESPN crew will spend hours upon hours over "Doom and Gloom" stories in Dallas.

You saw their coverage when the Skins beat us in Sept-all it was was "Wade is too soft", "The TO implosion is happening now", "The Dallas D is overrated", :blah: But, en yet, they DIDN'T say ONE word about the Skins' impressive effort over us. And for that matter, both the Titans and Bills had 4-0 starts, and not one peep about them either.

In the end, it is about rating. The owner makes South America's team a soap opera, as it draws in money for him. ESPN eats it up, because it draws in viewers and money for them. The Pats have a head coach that is a, well, most of the appropriate descriptive terms a pastor can't use. However, it brings in ratings. Steelers are a low-key, plod and do our thing type team. Thus, not much coverage because there's not many ratings in it.

This isn't a knock on Dallas, it is just the way the owners differ on how to run their teams. . . different business practices.

iloveben7
12-04-2008, 04:48 PM
some other excuses: Romo's pinkie is still bothering him and Jessica Simpson

steelreserve
12-04-2008, 04:57 PM
I think if Dallas loses, the media will blame it on global warming.

lilyoder6
12-04-2008, 05:10 PM
or the will say that they had too many distractions w/ pacman coming back or some shit like that

vasteeler
12-04-2008, 05:31 PM
I think you are all wrong it will obviously be Willies fault:chuckle:

revefsreleets
12-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Just out of curiosity, what is Skip Bayless saying? He is, without a doubt, the biggest Cowboy nuthugger of all time, and he HAAAAAATES the Steelers with a passion. I'd be curious to see his take so I can adopt the opposite (and almost certainly correct) position.

BrandonCarr39
12-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Just out of curiosity, what is Skip Bayless saying? He is, without a doubt, the biggest Cowboy nuthugger of all time, and he HAAAAAATES the Steelers with a passion. I'd be curious to see his take so I can adopt the opposite (and almost certainly correct) position.

A couple of days ago, he said the Steelers will win it b/c of their #1 defense, Ware/Barber being hobbled will have an effect, and Pitt has the 2nd hardest schedule to their credit. Rod Parker(I think Rod is his first name) thinks Dallas will win, and he sounded confident.

Obviously, I HATE Skip b/c of his constant anti-Cowboys spewing every single day(it's to the point where he's completely obsessed with this team). However, when his head is out of his ***, he's actually a very gifted and knowledgeable sports analyst. Aside from his hatred and "Look at me!" attitude, alot of what he says is very in-depth.

revefsreleets
12-04-2008, 07:37 PM
"Anti-Cowboys"?

Skip Bayless?

Huh?

SunshineMan21
12-04-2008, 07:51 PM
I think you are all wrong it will obviously be Willies fault:chuckle:

Well-played, well-played.:applaudit:

Steelers Since '75
12-04-2008, 09:08 PM
In the end, it is about rating. The owner makes South America's team a soap opera, as it draws in money for him. ESPN eats it up, because it draws in viewers and money for them. The Pats have a head coach that is a, well, most of the appropriate descriptive terms a pastor can't use. However, it brings in ratings. Steelers are a low-key, plod and do our thing type team. Thus, not much coverage because there's not many ratings in it.

This isn't a knock on Dallas, it is just the way the owners differ on how to run their teams. . . different business practices.

Dallas and New England are Hollywood types while Pittsburgh is an indie film... lucky for us this year a Sundance masterpiece wins the Oscar for best film. :tt03::tt::tt02:

southmofan
12-05-2008, 10:36 AM

That's because ESPN loves to gloat over the Cowboys demise and Brett Favre's latest completed pass.

southmofan
12-05-2008, 10:40 AM

What planet are you from? If you take Skip Bayless' predictions for the year, he probably has the Cowboys going 0-16.

If he has said ANYTHING positive about the Cowboys in the past 10 years, no one in Dallas knows anything about it. He's hated in Cowboy-land. And I disagree with TNew41... if Skip said anything intelligent in the last 10 years, it would be plagiarized and completely accidental.

Oh by the way, he predicted a Steeler win. Here's what Cowboy fans think of skipless (http://absolutecowboys.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=76985&highlight=#76985)

This thread is irrelevant because it ain't gonna happen.

And yes, the field stinks. It's a landfill with bleachers.

lilyoder6
12-05-2008, 10:49 AM
well that landfield is one of the top stadiums in the league and one of the best teams...

and skip hates on evryone depending on how they did the previous game.. he tells it as it is

DACEB
12-05-2008, 11:16 AM
You say it like its an easy win..... :coffee:

Last week many were worried about losing to a depleted Pats team helmed by a 1st yr QB. And this week we are going to beat Dallas down. :doh:

While I believe we will win, this is a talented Dallas team that has had ten days to prepare for us.

Dino 6 Rings
12-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Last week many were worried about losing to a depleted Pats team helmed by a 1st yr QB. And this week we are going to beat Dallas down. :doh:

While I believe we will win, this is a talented Dallas team that has had ten days to prepare for us.

They are a very good team, these Cowboys. I don't take them lightly at all. However, I am of the belief that our offense is getting better each week. Better execution and play calling, and that our defense is so good, we can stop any other offense in the league. I like that this game is at home, in the "elements" of Pittsburgh in December and that the Cowboys aren't taking the "must win" mentality that they really should be taking. This is a must win for them, we have to come out and play Lights Out in all 3 aspects of the game. We should be able to beat this Cowboys team however, and I won't believe otherwise.

southmofan
12-05-2008, 11:31 AM
well that landfield is one of the top stadiums in the league and one of the best teams...

You're half right. The part about the stadium is ludicrous. It WILL be once they replace the field maybe. Again.

and skip hates on evryone depending on how they did the previous game.. he tells it as it is

So Troy Aikman must be a homosexual then, because that's what Skip said...

southmofan
12-05-2008, 11:35 AM
They are a very good team, these Cowboys. I don't take them lightly at all. However, I am of the belief that our offense is getting better each week. Better execution and play calling, and that our defense is so good, we can stop any other offense in the league. I like that this game is at home, in the "elements" of Pittsburgh in December and that the Cowboys aren't taking the "must win" mentality that they really should be taking. This is a must win for them, we have to come out and play Lights Out in all 3 aspects of the game. We should be able to beat this Cowboys team however, and I won't believe otherwise.

The best defenses or not, Steelers need to score some points because by the end of the game, the Cowboys will.

Overall though, I can't argue with your analysis. I think the Cowboys are playing better too. Should be a good game.

Steeldude
12-05-2008, 12:18 PM
here are the two things that bother me on the upcoming game vs. the cowboys.

1. the cowboys' O-line could very well negate the steelers' pass-rush. (romo sacked only 8 times out of 308 pass atts)

2. the steelers' secondary could bite on romo's pump fakes. (romo 1st in NFL with 8.53 yards per pass att. also #1 QB rating)

this is probably the best offense the steelers' defense has faced this year.

i also noticed the cowboys are ranked 3rd in the NFL on 3rd conversions at 46.2%. the steelers will need to force the cowboys into 3rd and long situations.

this looks like another game where the steelers' defense will have to win it. all remains to be seen :smile:

southmofan
12-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Steeldude, the Cowboys O-line has been helped out by Romo's scrambling ability. You get some mud on the field, (99% chance) and it'll be tougher for my QB to get away from your pass rush.

Cowboys fans are worried about the Steeler pass rush.

As far as #2 goes, that's the Cowboys fan's hope. Romo will go over the top to those big receivers. IF IF IF Romo gets time to throw, the Cowboys will have a good chance to hit on big plays.

NYC SteelersFan
12-05-2008, 02:16 PM

Sorry, I just have to disagree with this. I actually stopped watching "Cold Pizza" cause the show just started making me sick as it literally became the equivalent of a reality show brodcast with sports highlights thrown in. Woody Paige is literally near-senile and it amazes me he still has a writing job. I don't think he knows what he is saying half the time and the other half of the time he just plays ball with whatever is cool and polular at that current time (Vick is good, the NBA is definitely not fixed, Lebron James is th ebest, the Yankees are going to win every year etc etc.). He has no real creative opinion of his own and it was great when he left.

Dana Jacobson swears that Lebron James is the greatest basketball player of all time and she was getting into heated arguments (literally turn red with anger) when a lot of guests said that Phelps breaking all those records isn't a big deal cause swimming is not a real competitive sport and it is isolated to a priveleged minority in the country, which is completely true. I mean how many people actually had a pool in there high school? My pathetic NYC high school didn't even have enough chairs/desks per classroom let a lone an F'ing pool.

That other meatball Crawford swears even more that Lebron James is the greatest thing that ever lived.

And my favorite is Skip Bayless. Anyone ever watch MTV's real world back in the day? (I know, I know, I was a teenager!) You remember how they would purposely put a flamboyant, loud, strong opinionative and just annoying gay guy or racist spanish/black woman inside the house to cause drama to make the show more interesting? Well that is Skip Bayless. He'll just purposely say whatever is not popular to appear as the "villain" of the show. It's so obvious that it just disgusts you. At least you didn't know that MTV purposely put an annoying homosexual or racist on the show to fabricate drama until the third season and that is when you realized it was no coincidence.

If you're a Steelers fan, just do yourself a favor and don't watch ESPN.

hindes204
12-05-2008, 02:33 PM
I agree with steeldude...somewhat. Our secondary scares me sometimes, they seem vulnerable to the big pass play, which the cowboys are more than capable of producing...if moss didnt dropp those passes last week then he would have had two huge plays...as far as getting to the quarterback, i dont think it will be as hard as you think, dick lebeau is a mastermind at picking offensive lines apart

fansince'76
12-05-2008, 03:01 PM
If you're a Steelers fan, just do yourself a favor and don't watch ESPN.

Trust me, I don't (with the exception of a Steelers game being broadcast on it, and even then I mute the sound). Their "coverage" of SB XL is the straw that finally broke the camel's back for me, but that network had been steadily going downhill for years before that as well - it became an absolute joke after Disney took it over.

revefsreleets
12-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Seriously, I have not listened to a single word Bayless has said in at least ten years, and it was totally from his absolute sold out for the Cowboys take on everything.

When did that stop? I mean he got his start as a Cowboys beat writer...

MACH1
12-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I just hope we don't play down to their level.

Hapa
12-05-2008, 05:52 PM
AND I'LL GET TO WEAR MY NEW THROWBACK POLAMALU JERSEY! YAYYYYYYYYYY :D

southmofan
12-06-2008, 06:39 PM
When did that stop? I mean he got his start as a Cowboys beat writer...

Evidently when Troy Aikman turned down his advances. He's the most hated sports writer in all of Texas. It's funny to hear that he's worked his charm elsewhere. lol

By the way, except for tomorrows game, good luck on the rest of the season. Most of the Cowboy fans at absolutecowboys really respect your team.

Heck, a bunch of us are campaigning for Jerry to fire Wade and hire Cowher.

At any rate, good luck!

GBMelBlount
12-06-2008, 06:51 PM
here are the two things that bother me on the upcoming game vs. the cowboys.

1. the cowboys' O-line could very well negate the steelers' pass-rush. (romo sacked only 8 times out of 308 pass atts)

2. the steelers' secondary could bite on romo's pump fakes. (romo 1st in NFL with 8.53 yards per pass att. also #1 QB rating)

this is probably the best offense the steelers' defense has faced this year.

i also noticed the cowboys are ranked 3rd in the NFL on 3rd conversions at 46.2%. the steelers will need to force the cowboys into 3rd and long situations.

this looks like another game where the steelers' defense will have to win it. all remains to be seen :smile:

Yep, I think this could be a great game. Sure, we're 9-3, but often times the defense has kept it close and fortunately we've usually found ways to win.

HughC
12-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Bayless simply plays the role of the contrarian. It's not a case of him loving or hating any team. Open your eyes, it's just as scripted as any so-called reality show.

BSPN is all about ratings and profits. They crave controversy because it generates interest. Just look at how they over analyzed and followed the whole Brett Favre un-retirement story. Look at that network as a football fan rather than as a Steeler fan and you'll quickly see how transparent they are, and anything they say - good or bad - needs to be taken with a very large grain of salt.