PDA

View Full Version : Will Offensive Line Put Harrison #1 in Sacks

eafratitpm3
12-04-2008, 04:10 PM
I was wondering how many fans think that James Harrison could lead the NFL in sacks after this week. I think the Offensive line will have as much to say about this as James will because if they can shut down Ware and Harrison can get a couple sacks he will vault over Under-Ware.

iloveben7
12-04-2008, 04:46 PM
i will try to fire the crowd up. i've been counting down the days to this game ever since the schedule came out!!

I think James will be #1 as long as Joey doesn't get too many this week.

lilyoder6
12-04-2008, 05:12 PM
i think it's possible... since we like 2 use our te's 4 blocking and what not ware will have a hard time sacking ben... i would like 4 harrison and woodly gain some ground here

eafratitpm3
12-04-2008, 05:23 PM
If the Heinz Field crowd isn't up for this game I don't know what it will take.

steelersfanman92
12-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I dont know if he will be able to but I would love to see Romo get smashed by him and Woodley all game

steelreserve
12-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Of course the crowd will be up to it! We h8 the cowboys more than any other NFC team!

It's hard to get fired up for that, though. Hating NFC teams is kind of like picking on the retarded kid.

randy06
12-04-2008, 06:12 PM
It's hard to get fired up for that, though. Hating NFC teams is kind of like picking on the retarded kid.

That was the most Retarded thing ive ever heard.:noidea:

19ward86
12-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Harrison is a beast and i dont know his limits so anything is possible.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-04-2008, 09:26 PM
My bet is Harrison only gets 1 sack this sunday, but I have a feeling that LeBeau sends both Farrior and Timmons up the A gap and Timmons hammers Romo hard.

Preacher
12-04-2008, 09:29 PM
My bet is Harrison only gets 1 sack this sunday, but I have a feeling that LeBeau sends both Farrior and Timmons up the A gap and Timmons hammers Romo hard.

Yep, that is actually part of another question.

Do we come out and stick with our base, or do we play in our nickle with Timmons for a lot of the game.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Yep, that is actually part of another question.

Do we come out and stick with our base, or do we play in our nickle with Timmons for a lot of the game.

If Dallas doesnt have a healthy Barber, I still expect them to run Tashard Choice, but might just go to a lot of passing formations anyway.

I was thinking I havent seen them send both ILB's on that blitz in a while, so maybe time to bring it out in the 2nd quarter. Timmons should see a lot more field this sunday. The mammoth O line cant handle speed that well.

tony hipchest
12-04-2008, 10:04 PM
If Dallas doesnt have a healthy Barber, I still expect them to run Tashard Choice, but might just go to a lot of passing formations anyway.

I was thinking I havent seen them send both ILB's on that blitz in a while, so maybe time to bring it out in the 2nd quarter. Timmons should see a lot more field this sunday. The mammoth O line cant handle speed that well.sounds good to me.

timmons- 40 tkl 4 sack
foote- 44 tkl 1.5 sack

for splitting time theyre shoring up the ilb position pretty well. slightly off topic, but timmons is listed at 6'1" and 234 lbs (pretty sure this was his weight out of college at 20 yrs old). doesnt he look like he's about 6'3" and 250 on the field? i swear he's bigger than harrison!

BrandonCarr39
12-04-2008, 10:21 PM
FWIW-Michael Strahan's 22.5 sack record is there for the taking.

We have-@Pitt, Giants, Baltimore, and @Philly

You guys have-Dal, @Balt, Cleveland, and @TN

Neither Balt's, Cleve's, nor Philly's OLs are great, and TN has a 50 year old QB. I can also see both of our teams get sacks this weekend in a potentially big slugfest.

Honestly-I can see either Harrison and/or Ware having a good shot at this record.

tony hipchest
12-04-2008, 10:52 PM
FWIW-Michael Strahan's 22.5 sack record is there for the taking.

We have-@Pitt, Giants, Baltimore, and @Philly

You guys have-Dal, @Balt, Cleveland, and @TN

Neither Balt's, Cleve's, nor Philly's OLs are great, and TN has a 50 year old QB. I can also see both of our teams get sacks this weekend in a potentially big slugfest.

Honestly-I can see either Harrison and/or Ware having a good shot at this record.i really dont thin anyone is gonna get it this year. remember, strahan had favre lay down in order to get it.

one thing in harrisons favor is the browns in the final game. hell harrison even sacks their fans! (though i doubt joe thomas would make it easy on him even if the rest of the brownies were ready to lie down on their rug).

i do think the final game will be an important one and tomlin will have all starters playing if healthy. i think the same goes for the cowboys.

as if this rivalry needs any more hype this game within the gam of who gets the sack lead makes this game even more exciting. i just have a feeling though, both teams will gameplan to not let the other teams "monster" attack them. they may both get shut out.

and i hate to brag, because youve been so respectfull and appreciative of the steelers talent, but that leaves woodley open to cause some damage and possibly catch ground on both of them.

hey, did you know there were a TON of steelerfans who wanted them to draft bobby carpenter and paul posluzny in recent years? :huh:

BrandonCarr39
12-04-2008, 10:59 PM
i really dont thin anyone is gonna get it this year. remember, strahan had favre lay down in order to get it.

one thing in harrisons favor is the browns in the final game. hell harrison even sacks their fans! (though i doubt joe thomas would make it easy on him even if the rest of the brownies were ready to lie down on their rug).

i do think the final game will be an important one and tomlin will have all starters playing if healthy. i think the same goes for the cowboys.

as if this rivalry needs any more hype this game within the gam of who gets the sack lead makes this game even more exciting. i just have a feeling though, both teams will gameplan to not let the other teams "monster" attack them. they may both get shut out.

and i hate to brag, because youve been so respectfull and appreciative of the steelers talent, but that leaves woodley open to cause some damage and possibly catch ground on both of them.

hey, did you know there were a TON of steelerfans who wanted them to draft bobby carpenter and paul posluzny in recent years? :huh:

Really? If memory serves, most of the CMB did NOT want Carpenter even before the draft started.(Most of us wanted Cromartie, that SD gem) When Parcells picked him, we were just floored.

Carpenter doesn't even like contact-he succeeded at Ohio St largely b/c AJ Hawk was getting all the respect from opposing offenses, which were opening up opportunities for his teammates. I think he was the apple of Tuna's eye largely b/c he coached his dad in NY.

As for the pass rush on our game-that's the beauty of the 3-4, you do not know which LB will come from which edge.

Steelman16
12-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Harrison has a legimate shot at breaking Strahan's record, but I don't think it will happen.

However, we seem to be gaining momentum instead of falling off like last year, so maybe he'll have some monster games against Baltimore and Tennessee.

Galax Steeler
12-05-2008, 03:37 AM
I would love to see Harrison lead the league in sacks and break the record but breaking the record is going to be a big chore for him but you never know.

markymarc
12-05-2008, 07:36 PM
I really believe Harrison can get another 2 sacks on Sunday. Although the real question is how well will Starks and the TE, RB do to protect Ben from Ware. I also think Woodley could register another sack. Considering all of the Cowgirls weapons I would be very surprised if Timmons is not on the field a lot.