PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Ellis (Jets) busted for pot

Fire Haley
12-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Jets | Ellis arrested for marijuana possession
Fri, 05 Dec 2008 04:37:25 -0800

The Associated Press reports New York Jets DE Shaun Ellis was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana, speeding and driving without insurance after getting pulled over Saturday, Nov. 29. Ellis was stopped in Hanover, N.J., according to the Daily Record of Morris County. This is believed to be Ellis' first offense, which means he will not be suspended but will be enrolled in the league's substance abuse program. Ellis will still play in the team's Week 14 game.

Holmes got shafted.

fansince'76
12-05-2008, 09:13 AM
How did Holmes get shafted? It was Tomlin's decision to suspend him for the Giants game, not the NFL front office's. Mangini made the decision to let Ellis play. Not surprising, considering who Mangini's "mentor" is.

TackleMeBen
12-05-2008, 09:15 AM
How did Holmes get shafted? It was Tomlin's decision to suspend him for the Giants game, not the NFL front office's. Mangini made the decision to let Ellis play. Not surprising, considering who Mangini's "mentor" is.
so true '76. but wasnt mangini the one that was crying about the hoodie stealing signs??? it seems to me that mangini has double standards

fansince'76
12-05-2008, 09:17 AM
so true '76. but wasnt mangini the one that was crying about the hoodie stealing signs???

Good point - I guess I can't badmouth Mangini too much as he was the one who finally exposed the cheating fraud for what he was .

vasteeler
12-05-2008, 10:22 AM
what gets me is how can an nfl player not afford insurance:noidea:

Fire Haley
12-05-2008, 10:33 AM
How did Holmes get shafted? It was Tomlin's decision to suspend him for the Giants game.

Exactly. He got skaroooood.

Winning is more important than appearances.
We could sure have used a win against the Gints right about now.

fansince'76
12-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Exactly. He got skaroooood.

Winning is more important than appearances.
We could sure have used a win against the Gints right about now.

We would have lost anyway, considering the way things went. Seems to me the long TD pass that would have comfortably put us up 21-9 would have been called back whether Holmes caught it or not. I don't think Holmes playing in that game would have spared Warren from blowing his knee out either, which led directly to Harrison long snapping the ball out of the back of the end zone for a safety.

Winning is more important than "appearances?" Seems to me that is the kind of rationale that led to Spygate.

Fire Haley
12-05-2008, 10:42 AM
It was just a theory.

lilyoder6
12-05-2008, 10:46 AM
that is shocking that he has no insurance... what a lazy ass... but w/ the jets fighting 4 the 2nd seed they wouldn't dare 2 suspend anyone now

Dino 6 Rings
12-05-2008, 11:25 AM
I'd rather suspend our guy because its the right thing to do as opposed to dictate our coaches behavior based on anything that comes out of the Jets organization.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-05-2008, 12:36 PM
what gets me is how can an nfl player not afford insurance:noidea:

That, and how many of these dopes (no pun intended) carry marijuana on them.

vasteeler
12-05-2008, 01:00 PM
That, and how many of these dopes (no pun intended) carry marijuana on them.

really, as much money as these guys make you would think they could have it delivered