PDA

View Full Version : It's a Sweep: Coach T & Silverback Winners for Week 13

GutterflowerSteel
12-06-2008, 08:51 AM
CONGRATS to the Men of Steel!! :tt02:

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=coaches

Head coach Mike Tomlin of the Pittsburgh Steelers is the Motorola NFL Coach of the Week for games played on Nov. 27–Dec. 1, the NFL announced Friday.

Tomlin led the Steelers to a 33-10 road victory over the New England Patriots. The Steelers offense controlled possession for more than 35 minutes. Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger passed for 179 yards and two touchdowns and the Steelers gained an additional 161 yards rushing. Pittsburgh limited New England to 267 total yards on offense and recorded five sacks and five turnovers on defense, holding New England to only one-of-13 (eight percent) on third downs.

Tomlin was selected as Motorola NFL Coach of the Week from among three finalists by voters on NFL.com. The other finalists were head coaches Brad Childress of the Minnesota Vikings and Mike Shanahan of the Denver Broncos.

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-defense

He beat out DeWare :tt02:

Linebacker James Harrison of the Pittsburgh Steelers is the GMC Sierra Defensive Player of the Week for games played on Nov. 27 - Dec. 1.

Harrison was selected from among five finalists by voters on NFL.com/gmc. The other finalists were defensive end Jared Allen of the Minnesota Vikings, defensive end Robert Mathis of the Indianapolis Colts, defensive end Justin Tuck of the New York Giants and linebacker DeMarcus Ware of the Dallas Cowboys.

DACEB
12-06-2008, 10:16 AM
It really was no contest, for either.

Silverback should be a sure thing for DPOY, I'd like to see MVP.

Once we win the SB, Coach T will be COY!!

markymarc
12-06-2008, 03:24 PM
They both deserved the award this week. Congrats to Tomlin and Harrison. Now let's work on getting another one next week!

steelergirl07
12-06-2008, 04:18 PM
It's cool seeing how much they won. For Tomlin, it's his third win. Which is the most for any coach this season. And I think it was the fifth time a Steeler won this season. Which is more than any other team.

If they don't win DPOY or COY, it would be a shame.

TackleMeBen
12-06-2008, 04:27 PM
It really was no contest, for either.

Silverback should be a sure thing for DPOY, I'd like to see MVP.

Once we win the SB, Coach T will be COY!!
even with a SB win, i dont think coach tomlin will win COY, i think it will be one of the rookie coaches either the guy from atlanta or baltimore.

markymarc
12-07-2008, 12:57 PM
While Tomlin should be in the conversation for COY, unfortunately others like Coughlin, Fisher, Smith and Harbaugh will be front runners. Not right because Tomlin has done an amazing job in 2008, but that's the way it is.