PDA

View Full Version : THE BOWLS

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm going to start a Thread about the NCAA Bowls.

Talking Bowls, Talking predicting who's going where, then predicting who wins what games and what bowls seem like the best match ups.

First Bowls Dec 20th
EagleBank Bowl. Washington DC. EagleBank Bowl. Wake Forest (7-5) vs Navy (8-4)
New Mexico Bowl, Albuquerque U. Colorado State (6-6) vs Fresno State (7-5)
Magic Bowl? St Petersburgh Fla. South Florida (7-5) vs Memphis (6-6)
Las Vegas Bowl. BYU (10-2) vs Arizona (7-5)

Dec 21st
R+L Carriers Bowl, NO Superdome. Southern Miss (6-6) vs Troy (8-4)

Dec 23rd Poinsetta Bowl.San Diego Ca. TCU (10-2) vs Boise State (12-0)

Dec 24th
Hawaii Bowl. Honolulu. Hawaii (7-6) vs Notre Dame (6-6)

Dec 26th
Motor City Bowl. Detroit Mi. Florida Atlantic (6-6) vs Central Michigan (8-4)

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Dec 27
Meineke Car Care Bowl. Charlotte NC. North Carolina (8-4) vs West Virginia (8-4)
Champs Sports Bowl Orlando Fla. Florida State (8-4) vs Wisconsin (7-5)
Emerald Bowl. San Fran Ca. California (8-4) vs Miami Fla (7-5)

Dec 28
Independence Bowl Shreveport La. Northern Illinois (6-6) vs Louisiana Tech (7-5)

Dec 29
Papajohns Bowl Birmingham Al. NC State (6-6) vs Rutgers (7-5)
Alamo Bowl San Antonio Tx. Missouri (9-4) vs Northwestern (9-3)

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Dec 30th
Humanitarian Bowl Boise Id. Maryland (7-5) vs Nevada (7-5)
Texas Bowl. Houston. Western Michigan (9-3) vs Rice (9-3)
Holiday Bowl. San Diego Ca. Oregon (9-3) vs Oklahoma State (9-3)

Dec 31st
Armed Forces Bowl. Fort Worth Tx. Houston (7-5) vs Air Force (8-4)
Sun Bowl. El Paso Tx. Oregon State (8-4) vs Pitt (9-3)
Music City Bowl Nashville Tn. Boston College (9-4) vs Vanderbilt (6-6)
Insight Bowl. Tempe Az. Kansas (7-5) vs Minnesota (7-5)
Chick-fil-A Bowl Atlanta Ga. LSU (7-5) vs Georgia Tech (9-3)

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Jan 1st
Outback Bowl. Tampa Fla. Iowa (8-4) vs South Carolina (7-5)
Capitol One Bowl. Orlando Fla. Georgia (9-3) vs Michigan State (9-3)
Gator Bowl. Jacksonville Fla. Clemson (7-5) vs Nebraska (8-4)
Rose Bowl. Pasadena Ca. Penn State (11-1) vs USC (11-1)
Orange Bowl Miami Fla. Virginia Tech (9-4) Cincinnati (11-2)

Jan 2nd
Cotton Bowl. Dallas Tx. Texas Tech (11-1) vs Ole Miss (8-4)
Liberty Bowl. Memphis Tn. East Carolina (9-4) vs Kentucky (6-6)
Sugar Bowl New Orleans La. Utah (12-0) vs Alabama (12-1)

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Jan 3rd
International Bowl. Toronto. Connecticut (7-5) vs Buffalo (8-5)
Jan 5th
Fiesta Bowl Glendal Az. Ohio State (10-2) vs Texas (11-1)

Jan 6th
GMAC Bowl. Mobile Al. Ball State (12-1) vs Tulsa (10-3)

Jan 8th National Championship Game. Miami Fl. Florida (12-1) vs Oklahoma (12-1)

revefsreleets
12-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Alabama will DESTROY Utah. The Utes may score 10 points.

Thanks Christ my Bucks got love and play Texas. Texas absolutely is the 2nd-3rd best team in the country. An OSU and PSU win re-established B10 cred.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2008, 07:31 PM

Thanks Christ my Bucks got love and play Texas. Texas absolutely is the 2nd-3rd best team in the country. An OSU and PSU win re-established B10 cred.

This is what I'm talking about!

OSU vs Texas, that'll be a heck of a game.

I think Bama may come out flat, and the Utes will get that "win" over an unmotivated team. We'll see.

But I think USC's defense is going to eat PSU's offense for breakfast.

touchdownward
12-07-2008, 08:20 PM

LOL! That's what I thinking before I scrolled down and read your post. They'll be this year's Hawaii.

OSU/TEX is a great matchup. That one is too close to call for me. Penn St. will wax the floor with USC, bank on it.

They are a lot of great matchups from the lightweight Bowl games on up to the Championship game. The selection committee did their jobs this year.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2008, 08:26 PM
TCU at 10-2 vs Boise State 12-0

That game should be something else.

SteelCityMan786
12-07-2008, 08:28 PM
LOL! That's what I thinking before I scrolled down and read your post. They'll be this year's Hawaii.

OSU/TEX is a great matchup. That one is too close to call for me. Penn St. will wax the floor with USC, bank on it.

They are a lot of great matchups from the lightweight Bowl games on up to the Championship game. The selection committee did their jobs this year.

The only screw up was sending Oklahoma to the Big XII title game. But that win over OK State I guess carried more weight. They showed why they were chosen for the Big XII title game, and got rewarded for it.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2008, 08:41 PM
The only screw up was sending Oklahoma to the Big XII title game. But that win over OK State I guess carried more weight. They showed why they were chosen for the Big XII title game, and got rewarded for it.

Oklahoma got stronger as the Season went on. They are freaking good. It was a 3 way tie in the Big 12, you have to count that. Would Texas vs Florida be a better game than Oklahoma vs Florida? I can't say, but I think the best Big 12 team is actually going to the NT Game.

McCoy is the pretty much a one man show on Texas, Bradford has a ton of talent around him and that is why I think Oklahoma is really the better over all team.

SteelCityMan786
12-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Oklahoma got stronger as the Season went on. They are freaking good. It was a 3 way tie in the Big 12, you have to count that. Would Texas vs Florida be a better game than Oklahoma vs Florida? I can't say, but I think the best Big 12 team is actually going to the NT Game.

McCoy is the pretty much a one man show on Texas, Bradford has a ton of talent around him and that is why I think Oklahoma is really the better over all team.

Either way, the BCS Committee was right in awarding them both BCS Bowls.

Oklahoma is the Big XII's version of Florida on offense. However, they have not faced a Defense as dominant as Florida. The D down there is one of the most dominant that I have seen. Oklahoma will have their hands full.

Florida though hasn't seen a Offense that can dominate as well as Oklahoma's. It will be an interesting game indeed.

kmsteelerwr15
12-07-2008, 11:34 PM
cant wait for the Rose Bowl

im gonna try and get some tickets to the Meinke Car Care Bowl

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
12-08-2008, 12:54 AM
The bowl matchups are very interesting from my perspective. I'll be making two trips to New Orleans - on December 21st for the TROY v. USM game in the New Orleans Bowl and then again in January for Alabama v. Utah in the Sugar Bowl.

I like that Hawai'i v. Notre Dame matchup. GO WARRIORS!!!

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Jesus Christ How the hell does Notre Dame at 6-6 go to a bowl?:mad::banging:

Godfather
12-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Jesus Christ How the hell does Notre Dame at 6-6 go to a bowl?:mad::banging:

Too many bowls. I'm pretty sure 6-6 teams are ineligible until all 7-win teams have bids.

revefsreleets
12-08-2008, 09:58 AM
I gotta admire the confidence of the guy who said that PSU will mop the floor with USC. I'll believe that when I see it.

Notre Dame is Notre Dame...that's why they get the bowl. And they definitely reached deep for bowl eligible teams. 6-6 Northern Illinois? Really? How about Texas Tech (11-1 in the toughest conference in football) drawing a bowl bye in Ole Miss?

Crushzilla
12-08-2008, 10:15 AM
I find that I generally have the hardest time after a large lunch. I think its because I have plenty of "digestion time" at my desk afterwards.

Its only really a problem when I have to leave the office in the afternoon and sometimes can't find a bathroom quickly.

EDIT: OH! BOWLS! The BCS...

Disregard my post...

Dino 6 Rings
12-08-2008, 02:57 PM
BCS pulled a fast one on us all.

By not putting Bama vs Texas it doesn't allow for any of us to bark about a plus one game.

If they had Bama vs Texas in the Sugar bowl, and Texas won, they would be screaming about a plus one game vs the winner of the OU vs Florida game.

Instead, Texas gets Ohio State, so if they win, good job. And Bama gets Utah, a team they are expected to defeat.

They cheated us. Again.

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2008, 03:52 PM
BCS pulled a fast one on us all.

By not putting Bama vs Texas it doesn't allow for any of us to bark about a plus one game.

If they had Bama vs Texas in the Sugar bowl, and Texas won, they would be screaming about a plus one game vs the winner of the OU vs Florida game.

Instead, Texas gets Ohio State, so if they win, good job. And Bama gets Utah, a team they are expected to defeat.

They cheated us. Again.

They hate when everyone can debate it. lol.

Godfather
12-08-2008, 08:50 PM
They hate when everyone can debate it. lol.

Except when someone brings up a playoff...then the "debate" is "fun" and a reason to keep the crappy system we have.

Dino 6 Rings
12-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Except when someone brings up a playoff...then the "debate" is "fun" and a reason to keep the crappy system we have.

I know, but could you imagine the argument put forth by Texas if they got to play Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. And Won?

I mean, they'd have beaten Bama and Oklahoma, and if Florida wins, they can say, "So, we beat both the teams that got you #1 too" and if Oklahoma wins, Texas can say "So, we beat you already, and beat Bama, and would beat you again."

Plus one game argument would be all the rave the entire off season. But now, Texas is expected to beat a 2 loss Ohio State, and Bama is expected to beat a mid major Utah.

revefsreleets
12-09-2008, 12:08 PM
I see your point, and, too a degree, you are right. I also want to reiterate that Texas Tech got royally EFFED. Ole Miss? At 8-4? C'mon! I know they couldn't get a BCS bowl because of the "two teams max per conference rule", but Ole Miss?

I guess, in all fairness, OSU should be playing Utah. I think they are ranked about the same, and it's probably considered a better "level game" to have Texas and Bama in one and OSU/Utes in another BCS Bowl.

But whooping up on Utah is NOT what the Buckeyes program needs right now, so I have to confess that I'm happy with the way things played out. If we beat #3 Texas the season is, to a degree, saved, because it springboards us into '09 in the top 5.

I DO NOT think Texas is overrated. In my book, they are definitely the 3rd best team in the country, and I think they are the only team left besides Oklahoam that could beat Florida. I DO think that this Buckeye team underachieved this year, and when they played USC they were without Wells and Pryor. Those two players comprise probably 75% of the Buckeyes offense.

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Ohio State is lucky they aren't having to play Utah because its a huge TRAP game for whoever goes into that bowl. You can't lose that game and earn respect. OSU can lose to Texas and as long as its close, people will nod and say, Good Job Buckeyes. If they'd have drawn Utah and lost...never live it down.

Bama is in a must win situation. Of coarse if they lose people will say, "they didn't want to be there". But still its a lot to ask to get up and beat a team that hasn't lost yet all year when you are looking at the TV and see a team that you barely lost to playing for that Crystal Trophy.

revefsreleets
12-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Disagree about the Utes and the Bucks. OSU has a HUGE chip on their shoulder, and Utah's best win of the year was beating Michigan by a few points.

Tress would pour it on.

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Disagree about the Utes and the Bucks. OSU has a HUGE chip on their shoulder, and Utah's best win of the year was beating Michigan by a few points.

Tress would pour it on.

Its a good point, if OSU can bet the win over Texas it catapults them into a very strong off season.

Dino 6 Rings
12-29-2008, 04:30 PM
struggling watching this Rutgers vs NC State game...its hard to stay interested.

Dino 6 Rings
12-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Blocked Punt...that's fun.

lilyoder6
12-29-2008, 08:37 PM
some of these bowls pointless...

like dino said.. the nc state and rutgers game was boring..

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2008, 10:37 AM
I need the Sun Bowl already...want to see my Panthers one last time this season!

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2008, 10:59 AM
I need the Sun Bowl already...want to see my Panthers one last time this season!

I guess Bowl Game Fever is running rabid across Panther Land??? :chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2008, 11:10 AM
I guess Bowl Game Fever is running rabid across Panther Land??? :chuckle:

It is in my house. LETS GO PITT!

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Oh god...This Maryland Nevada game is killing me...I want the Oregon Oklahoma State game I need some fast atheletes already...geesh.

not to mention the Blue Turf...gawds awful.

revefsreleets
12-31-2008, 08:04 AM
Oh god...This Maryland Nevada game is killing me...I want the Oregon Oklahoma State game I need some fast atheletes already...geesh.

not to mention the Blue Turf...gawds awful.

I'm sure it's every college football players dream to play a bowl game in Boise in December...

touchdownward
01-02-2009, 10:02 AM
]I gotta admire the confidence of the guy who said that PSU will mop the floor with USC. I'll believe that when I see it.[/B]
Notre Dame is Notre Dame...that's why they get the bowl. And they definitely reached deep for bowl eligible teams. 6-6 Northern Illinois? Really? How about Texas Tech (11-1 in the toughest conference in football) drawing a bowl bye in Ole Miss?

That would have been me, crow tastes awful. :doh:
The game was quite the contrary.

Dino 6 Rings
01-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Best game so far, Nebraska vs Clemson with the TCU vs Boise State game a close 2nd.

lilyoder6
01-02-2009, 02:16 PM
i think the west virginia game was pretty good

OneForTheToe
01-02-2009, 11:29 PM
This was easily the best game so far. I kept thinking if Alabama gets the lead they are going to win. But they never got the lead. Go Utah.

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2009, 08:23 PM
i think the west virginia game was pretty good

I almost forgot about that game...it was a classic.