PDA

View Full Version : Let's Hear from all you Ben Lovers Now

eafratitpm3
12-07-2008, 06:08 PM
He will never get the concept of throwing the ball away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a shame that this Defense as GREAT as is will never get a shot at the Super Bowl with this PATHETIC, yes PATHETIC excuse we have called an Offense. As good as this Defense is can you imagine the numbers if they weren't on the field 75% of the time.

Edman
12-07-2008, 06:12 PM
While I agree with this, I think we get it already. We don't need another thread.

revefsreleets
12-07-2008, 06:13 PM
We knew that when we drafted him. Sorry you don't understand.

LambertIsGod58
12-07-2008, 06:13 PM
He will never get the concept of throwing the ball away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a shame that this Defense as GREAT as is will never get a shot at the Super Bowl with this PATHETIC, yes PATHETIC excuse we have called an Offense. As good as this Defense is can you imagine the numbers if they weren't on the field 75% of the time.

I'm glad someone can see the truth.....

fansince'76
12-07-2008, 06:20 PM
I just saw a game-tying 67-yard drive engineered by him.

Brandon
12-07-2008, 06:21 PM
It'd nice if he had a damn line.

The Duke
12-07-2008, 06:22 PM

he was carried by the defense :rolleyes:

LambertIsGod58
12-07-2008, 06:23 PM
something goes right it's all Ben....it goes bad, someone else's fault. How pathetic!

LambertIsGod58
12-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Defense as always is carrying this team....get over it jacko.

The Duke
12-07-2008, 06:26 PM
something goes right it's all Ben....it goes bad, someone else's fault. How pathetic!

not true. who do most people blame the giants game on? ben

colts game? ben

Mcgee
12-07-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm fairly certain I watched Ben win us a football game tonight.

Burghfan58
12-07-2008, 06:37 PM
No problem with Ben. Arians is the one that drives me crazy. The playcalling on the stalled goal line drive was awful.

lukas
12-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Mcgee, I am wondering if we are watching the same game. Because the game I was watching, the defense won us a football game.

I will hand it to Ben though, I trust him in the clutch completely. He can be pants-on-head retarded during a first half, but when the game is on the line, he gets it together and usually pulls out a W.

steelpride12
12-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Who won the game?

cubanstogie
12-07-2008, 06:41 PM
No problem with Ben. Arians is the one that drives me crazy. The playcalling on the stalled goal line drive was awful.

sure Arians to blame for their D-line in our backfield on day. He called run they stuffed it, he called pass they stuffed it. It is the O-line. They controlled the line of scrimmage. Our line is barely getting us by, thanks to our great D that keeps us in the game.

SteelCurtain7
12-07-2008, 06:47 PM
I've always admired Ben--but my admiration went to full-fledged respect after his performance against the Jags earlier this year. He's like one of those Weebles...he wobbles, but doesn't fall down!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricco Suavez
12-07-2008, 06:48 PM
I will tell you who won this game THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS THATS WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ben does not win or lose games per se, The defense does not win or lose games per se. they win with team effort. Now are there areas that need work, yes, but to say that the defense won this game by their lonesome is crazy. The last i saw the defense gave up 13 points and scored the last 7, the offense had to have scored somewhere to help..

SteelCurtain7
12-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Who won the game?

The whole team did. The defense loomed large, and Ben was efficient. Except for the fumble, he played a very good game. :helmet:

T.Richardson
12-07-2008, 06:52 PM
so...who threw the TD to tie the game?

skinart82
12-07-2008, 06:52 PM
So what I guess you all can play better than Ben, no I know maybe we should get matt cassel or better yet anderson from cleveland! This Ben sucks stuff is really getting old!!!! Get Over IT!!!

ShutDown24
12-07-2008, 06:53 PM
If we have any other QB in the league, we might not win that game.

Ben frustrates me as much as he does anyone, but he wins.

revefsreleets
12-07-2008, 06:54 PM
If I had my choice between Romo and Ben in this game, I take Ben 100 times out of 100 times.

Romo being injured is a garbage argument, too...Ben is injured all game every game.

LVSteelersfan
12-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Romo the Homo showed his true colors in crunch time once again. He will never amount to anything no matter how much the Dallas fans and the media talk about how good he is. He was pathetic out there today for the most part. Ben was having a bad time thanks to a TERRIBLE O-line and extremely questionable playcalling by Arians once again. Anyone who keeps defending him I just don't know about. He is pathetic. Ben is a winner from the word go but he has no help from the line or the coaching staff.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Oh no, time for all the naysayers to jump ship. Go slob on Favre's knob as he throws yet another game loosing interception at crunch time.

brick
12-07-2008, 07:07 PM
ben's just been too inconsistent for me this season, he can show up and put up a great performance (like against the pats for example), or he can be really frustrating and not do anything with the ball (like against the colts). when he's on his game he's great, its just the inconsistency that annoys me. he'll go from throwing a great downfield pass to nate to hitting a cowboys linemen in the helmet on a screen..its just really frustrating when you know how good he is capable of being. granted the o-line isnt nearly good enough, but still. i know he had a great drive to tie the game up, but a lot of the reason that we were still in the game in the first place was down to the d keeping us in the game.

ShutDown24
12-07-2008, 07:07 PM

Where'd ya go?

eafratitpm3
12-07-2008, 07:24 PM
WOW!! I didn't think this would stir up so much attention. Yes we won the game but when you have 5 turnovers and you're losing by 10 pts you can't tell me you as a die hard Steeler fan are happy with that. The frustrating thing is the field position we had the whole 1st half and come away with 3 pts.

T.Richardson
12-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Ben didnt throw an int all game. He only turned the ball over once. He didnt cost the Steelers the game, he helped win the game.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2008, 07:26 PM
He lead us on the game tying drive.

I'm a fan.

Would you rather have, Kordel, Neil, Tommy, or Bubby?

SteelCityMan786
12-07-2008, 07:27 PM

Yep, I remember watching that drive.

Bad Night at times. But it didn't kill them.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Did Ben have a lights out 41/41, 5 TD, 0 INT, 158.8 (perfect) QB Rating game?

No. But he had an efficent game. He threw the game-tying TD pass, didn't throw an interception, had one fumble on a QB sneak.

The offense has problems. The ENTIRE offense has problems, not just the quarterback. We have a damn good quarterback IMHO.

Hell, who else would survive behind the crap offensive line he's had the past three seasons? Maybe Romo, but a broken pinkie kept him out of four games. Favre? Probally not. Either Manning? Doubtful. Rivers? Nope. Cutler? Uh-uh.

T.Richardson
12-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Did Ben have a lights out 41/41, 5 TD, 0 INT, 158.8 (perfect) QB Rating game?
No. But he had an efficent game. He threw the game-tying TD pass, didn't throw an interception, had one fumble on a QB sneak.

The offense has problems. The ENTIRE offense has problems, not just the quarterback. We have a damn good quarterback IMHO.

Hell, who else would survive behind the crap offensive line he's had the past three seasons? Maybe Romo, but a broken pinkie kept him out of four games. Favre? Probally not. Either Manning? Doubtful. Rivers? Nope. Cutler? Uh-uh.

Thats what these people want. They want Ben to have a perfect game ALL the time.

VTsteel
12-07-2008, 07:34 PM

O.K., I'll take the bait . . .

Who, in that game today (With that offensive line) (against that team) - Who would you have rather had at quarterback?

Brees?
Manning (1 or 2)?
Favre?
Rivers?

Who? Who would've been sacked less? Had less turnovers? Thrown more TD's? Completed more? Who's your guy?

Ben's my guy and under the circumstances he still delivered in crunch time - I don't have that same faith in anybody else. Most QB's would have pulled a Romo and folded after the third quarter. Not Ben.

Mettle my friend . . .

RoethlisBURGHer
12-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Thats what these people want. They want Ben to have a perfect game ALL the time.

I realize that, I have been a member and regular poster here for years. Some people just aren't happy unless they are bitching about something.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Ben drops back, throws to Miller

TOUCHDOWN! Game is Tied!

WOOHOO!

Now lets see...Romo Drops back...Interception return for TD!

Yeah...I'll Take Ben...thanks.

steelergirl07
12-07-2008, 07:38 PM
WOO HOO!! GO BIG BEN!!!

You wanted to hear from the Big Ben lovers right? :)

On a more serious note...yeah Ben isn't perfect. But he is the only QB I want on this team. No other QB is right for Steeler football.

SteelerFanInTX210
12-07-2008, 07:40 PM
if you ask me the line is doing a hundred times better now and the offense is still shitty, i think that its a lack of variety, a lack of gameplanning, a lack of exposing weakness, am i far off or do i have a point?

Preacher
12-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Ben Lover?

Nope.

Trust the QB because he seems to pull through in the end?

Yep.

fansince'76
12-07-2008, 07:44 PM

Yep, and anything less is unacceptable. All I know is he didn't throw a pick-six to lose that game today and two other INTs besides it.

eafratitpm3
12-07-2008, 07:45 PM
You guys just don't get it, we shouldn't have need a game tying TD. Over half of the Dallas Secondary was injured and this thing we call Offense couldn't genarate JACK until the 4th quarter. Maybe they should play like their behind when the game first starts, how about a little sense of urgency at the beginning of the game. I feel so bad for the D, they have so much pressure on them every game that they can't enjoy Wins untill the last few seconds of the game. All I want for Christmas is a consistent Offense to take advantage of turnovers, is that too much to ask. They don't even need a long sustaining drive, just a TD to thank the D for getting you the ball in the opposing teams side of the field!

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2008, 07:46 PM
WOOHOO!

I love how Ben lulls us to sleep and makes us think he stinks...then says "Just Kidding" and leads us on the drive that ties the game and then lets our defense go out and win it for us.

He's so funny the way he does that.

GO BEN GO!

RoethlisBURGHer
12-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Why the hell don't we run the no huddle more? We move the ball when running the no huddle. When we huddle, we have a lot of bad drives.

Also, you know who calls most of the plays when we run the no huddle? Ben Roethlisberger, that's who.

I am starting to think along with some of the people here that our biggest problem is the playcalling of Arians.

Sharkissle29
12-07-2008, 07:48 PM
if you ask me the line is doing a hundred times better now and the offense is still shitty, i think that its a lack of variety, a lack of gameplanning, a lack of exposing weakness, am i far off or do i have a point?

Yea this is what i am trying to figure out. The line is playing a lot better, so why isnt our offense working? Its gotta be Arians and his playcalling/plays. Are his plays just not affective???

cubanstogie
12-07-2008, 07:53 PM
You guys just don't get it, we shouldn't have need a game tying TD. Over half of the Dallas Secondary was injured and this thing we call Offense couldn't genarate JACK until the 4th quarter. Maybe they should play like their behind when the game first starts, how about a little sense of urgency at the beginning of the game. I feel so bad for the D, they have so much pressure on them every game that they can't enjoy Wins untill the last few seconds of the game. All I want for Christmas is a consistent Offense to take advantage of turnovers, is that too much to ask. They don't even need a long sustaining drive, just a TD to thank the D for getting you the ball in the opposing teams side of the field!

That football, they couldn't stop us when it counted. Was I frustrated early?yes like everybody but Dallas' D-line dominated line of scrimmage plain and simple. Ben and Miller have fumbles, only 2 to 3 dropped passes today which is good. Weather was a factor. Ben threw the ball much better than Romo. Face it they stuffed us on the goal line. We didn't block. On the pass play it was executed well they had it covered and Davis couldn't make the TD. Hats off to Dallas D. I do think we should go to no huddle earlier and start throwing early to open up run late. We are not a dominate running team this year. We need to face the facts. We need to throw and use moore out of backfield to win this year. If we stick to old Steeler football we will continue to struggle. I admitt last week there were big holes, this week I didn't see any holes. You have to adapt, thank god we did it just took a little longer than we wanted.

eafratitpm3
12-07-2008, 07:53 PM
You think this week our O looked bad wait until they meet the Ravens D. This Offense better figure something out this week or it's going to be a long day next week.

mesaSteeler
12-07-2008, 07:55 PM
You think this week our O looked bad wait until they meet the Ravens D. This Offense better figure something out this week or it's going to be a long day next week.

No Worries. After all how good do you think the Raven's Offense look against our superior Defense?

RoethlisBURGHer
12-07-2008, 07:55 PM

And that Ravens O has to face the best defense in the NFL.

We've seen the Ravens defense before, it's nothing new to us. They don't scare me.

meelanova
12-07-2008, 07:56 PM
This is why I dont post much.

Steelers fans are IMO the only fans that will complain about something after a huge win. Outstanding.

ShutDown24
12-07-2008, 07:57 PM
All I want for Christmas is a consistent Offense to take advantage of turnovers, is that too much to ask. They don't even need a long sustaining drive, just a TD to thank the D for getting you the ball in the opposing teams side of the field!

Chad Pennington. That's basically what you're asking for.

Chad Pennington, Kerry Collins, etc... Consistent quarterbacks who routinely score off of their defensive team's turnovers. The great ones, all of them, take chances and make mistakes. I'll take Ben’s ring (And gutsy/spectacular plays) over a consistently 'OKAY' game manager any day.

If you have a different opinion, then go ahead and enjoy it.

eafratitpm3
12-07-2008, 07:57 PM
A couple of plays that really standout is the fumble by Ben, he never even got hit and he fumbled. The two sacks that I believe were his fault was the corner coming off of the edge in his face, before the play even started I told my wife he was coming. When Ben comes to the line of scrimmage it seems he does a poor job of pre snap reads. The second sack was when he tried throwing it away after his Knee was down, STUPID, his first pump fake when the guy was draped all over him was when he should have let go of the ball. Week 13 and he's still not getting it!

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Per ESPN

"Roethlisberger was 17-of-33 for 204 yards in his 48th career victory, the most by a quarterback in his first five seasons."

That does say the MOST by any QB in his first 5 years right? I mean...MOST WINS in his first 5 years....that's what it says right?

It Is What It Is.

T.Richardson
12-07-2008, 07:59 PM
A couple of plays that really standout is the fumble by Ben, he never even got hit and he fumbled. The two sacks that I believe were his fault was the corner coming off of the edge in his face, before the play even started I told my wife he was coming. When Ben comes to the line of scrimmage it seems he does a poor job of pre snap reads. The second sack was when he tried throwing it away after his Knee was down, STUPID, his first pump fake when the guy was draped all over him was when he should have let go of the ball. Week 13 and he's still not getting it!

so according to you, he was never touched in that pile.:coffee:

ShutDown24
12-07-2008, 08:00 PM

You do know DeMarcus Ware leads the league in sacks right? Greg Ellis and Anthony Spencer are excellent pass rushers as well. And Canty and Spears on the end with Ratliff who has SEVEN sacks on the year from DT? Yeah, the Ravens are definitely scary after what the line faced tonight...

Good job.

eafratitpm3
12-07-2008, 08:00 PM
After all is said and done I don't think there is any team in the AFC that can beat the Steelers this year, even though our O is horrific. So when we make it to the SB with our Defense, yeah I said Defense we can pull out another win in todays fashion.

eafratitpm3
12-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Actually my fault, he was touched when he ran into his own linemans leg and the ball came out. Yeah, most QB's would have fumbled that.

so according to you, he was never touched in that pile.:coffee:

fansince'76
12-07-2008, 08:03 PM

Two words: no huddle. There is a night-and-day difference between the way this offense performs when it runs it and when it doesn't.

cubanstogie
12-07-2008, 08:04 PM

He is trying to make plays. Hines didn't get open and when he did dropped the ball. If Ben doesn't make plays we don't win.He is not perfect, but we have to take the good with the bad. Zero pics on a tough weather day with a struggling offense shows me maturity. Not trying to change anyones opinion but the guy is a winner. Thats what I want. I don't care about passer rating, or how we get the TD's.

NV STEELERS 723
12-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Ben no huddle/ Ben wins all the time/ Defense is #1 / need I say more... STEELERS are #1 !

RoethlisBURGHer
12-07-2008, 08:10 PM
(1.)A couple of plays that really standout is the fumble by Ben, he never even got hit and he fumbled. (2.)The two sacks that I believe were his fault was the corner coming off of the edge in his face, before the play even started I told my wife he was coming. When Ben comes to the line of scrimmage it seems he does a poor job of pre snap reads. (3.)The second sack was when he tried throwing it away after his Knee was down, STUPID, his first pump fake when the guy was draped all over him was when he should have let go of the ball. (4.) Week 13 and he's still not getting it!

1. Someone hit him. You don't come out of a pile nursing your elbow without being hit by someone, be it a Cowboy or a fellow Steeler.

2. How do you know exactly what he read? Maybe he knew it was coming and expected it to be picked up. It isn't his fault if his blockers can't pick up someone on the blitz.

3. I think he was trying to throw it away, without getting flagged for intentional grounding on it. When he finally did have a chance to do so, his knee was down but he was in to motion of throwing when it went down. To not get called for IG, the ball must he beyond the line of scrimmage.

4. Did he hang onto the ball to long on the throw to Holmes to set up the field goal that got us within a touchdown....or was that a great play? More often than not, Ben makes a good play downfield.

I have said it many times this season, our offensive line is still bad. They have been playing better these past few weeks, but it doesn't take much for it to be considered playing better for this offensive line. They are one of the least phyisical offensive lines in the league. Hell, there are offensive lines in college that are better than what we have right now.

Ben having 3-4 seconds to throw without a defender in the backfield means nothing when he can't step up to throw because his offensive line got completley blown off the ball at the snap.

TackleMeBen
12-07-2008, 08:11 PM
i got so mad at the game that i turned the tv off for a few.

i am a huge ben fan, but i was wanting to hit him upside the head with a few of the plays tonight. but he is what he is.. and you have to take the good with the bad. and at least when he is bad, we still have a chance to win a game.

eafratitpm3
12-07-2008, 08:17 PM
1. Someone hit him. You don't come out of a pile nursing your elbow without being hit by someone, be it a Cowboy or a fellow Steeler.

2. How do you know exactly what he read? Maybe he knew it was coming and expected it to be picked up. It isn't his fault if his blockers can't pick up someone on the blitz.

3. I think he was trying to throw it away, without getting flagged for intentional grounding on it. When he finally did have a chance to do so, his knee was down but he was in to motion of throwing when it went down. To not get called for IG, the ball must he beyond the line of scrimmage.

4. Did he hang onto the ball to long on the throw to Holmes to set up the field goal that got us within a touchdown....or was that a great play? More often than not, Ben makes a good play downfield.

I have said it many times this season, our offensive line is still bad. They have been playing better these past few weeks, but it doesn't take much for it to be considered playing better for this offensive line. They are one of the least phyisical offensive lines in the league. Hell, there are offensive lines in college that are better than what we have right now.

Ben having 3-4 seconds to throw without a defender in the backfield means nothing when he can't step up to throw because his offensive line got completley blown off the ball at the snap.

1. You come out of a pile nursing your elbow when you just fumbled the ball, if he was so hurt how did he come back right away after the three and out.
2. If an NFL QB knows a corner blitz is coming he normally throws the hot read to that side, that's PEEWEE league common sense.
3. He was about 15 tds outside of the pocket as he was pump faking.
4. Okay I'll give you that one. Don't get me wrong I think Ben makes great plays, there's no denying that it the Bone headed plays that is so frustrating!

TackleMeBen
12-07-2008, 08:19 PM
1. You come out of a pile nursing your elbow when you just fumbled the ball, if he was so hurt how did he come back right away after the three and out.

you dont know???????????? i thought everyone knew that ben is really a mutant...:chuckle:

stillers4me
12-07-2008, 08:24 PM

'Coz he's not a puss like certain other QB's.

GBMelBlount
12-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Two words: no huddle. There is a night-and-day difference between the way this offense performs when it runs it and when it doesn't.

If they are smart, they will be working the no huddle A LOT the next few games. They are going to have a tough time against top shelf defenses in the playoffs unless they get the no huddle down pat imo.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-07-2008, 08:27 PM
2. If an NFL QB knows a corner blitz is coming he normally throws the hot read to that side, that's PEEWEE league common sense.
3. He was about 15 tds outside of the pocket as he was pump faking.
4. Okay I'll give you that one. Don't get me wrong I think Ben makes great plays, there's no denying that it the Bone headed plays that is so frustrating!

1. Maybe you've never been hit on the "funny bone", but it hurts like a bitch, but after a few minutes it goes away.

2. If the receiver doesn't run the right route there is nowhere to throw it.

3. I saw the pump fake. He throws the ball there it's not going anywhere. Intentional grounding call or a pick is thrown.

4. I understand the frustration, I get frustrated to. I yell at the television. But I know that's the way Ben is, he's going to look for the big play downfield. He has gotten better at throwing the ball away though. He doesn't do it all the time, but he has been better at it.

Also, some of the times people are screaming for him to throw it away there is just no opportunity to. Sometimes taking the sack is better than rearing back to throw, getting hit, and fumbling.

markymarc
12-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Did I miss something? Because I swear Ben just won another game. Bust on him all you want, but he made plays when it mattered most in the 4th quarter. It's all good because he got another win under his belt.

Steelers Since '75
12-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Stop bad-mouthing Ben... 48 wins in his first 5 years... better than ANYONE... and a SB ring... what do you whiners want?! I need 35 points a game that is what Goodeal promised us :sofunny: You bandwagoners better realize that the Steelers are a smash mouth team... that means controlling the clock and slowing the game (nothing the commish hates more)... I have watched more games than I can count where it came down to 4th quarter heroics. In my humble opinion, Arians and his game plan is pretty bad... this game reminded me of Philly... ugly! Props to a really good Dallas D who played very good... Romo killed them just as I hoped he would. :tt03:

markymarc
12-07-2008, 09:09 PM
If anything the Romo lovers should be called out. Ben played a lot better than Romo and didn't throw an interception. Ben wins and Romo loses. Seems pretty simple to me.

shovelnose
12-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Ben=Intangible asset

Intangible assets are defined as identifiable non-monetary assets that cannot be seen, touched or physically measured, which are created through time and/or effort and that are identifiable as a separate asset.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intangible_asset

Ok, he is a monetary asset but other than that a pretty accurate description.

Yes he makes mistakes. But he finds a way to win the game when it's on the line more often than not. Yes are games are often nail bitters. But that's what makes victory so sweet!

Curious, which quarterback are we supposed to have?

PS: I am a Ben tree hugging hippie lol. Not really but I appreciate what he has accomplished. He generally makes the plays when needed. I can't ask for much more.

Go Steelers!:tt02:(weird spell check comes up with steelers spelling)

TackleMeBen
12-07-2008, 09:21 PM
If anything the Romo lovers should be called out. Ben played a lot better than Romo and didn't throw an interception. Ben wins and Romo loses. Seems pretty simple to me.
but romo is dating the hot high profile jessica simpson:chuckle:

lilyoder6
12-07-2008, 09:21 PM
ben justs needs a high-profile girl-friend then he'll get the attention like romo

thebus36idf
12-07-2008, 09:27 PM
IT's becoming a jinxs our Quaterbacks are lights out until we sign them to multi million dollar contracts, then Lo and Behold they stink, and were stuck. I'm not ready to give up on Ben, but it doesn't look good.

cubanstogie
12-07-2008, 09:36 PM
IT's becoming a jinxs our Quaterbacks are lights out until we sign them to multi million dollar contracts, then Lo and Behold they stink, and were stuck. I'm not ready to give up on Ben, but it doesn't look good.

S T F U

fansince'76
12-07-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm not ready to give up on Ben, but it doesn't look good.

Why not? A whole boatload of others have.

MACH1
12-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Don't cha just love all the newb's that come here just to complain.

Steeldude
12-07-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm fairly certain I watched Ben win us a football game tonight.

i saw the defense win it.

X-Terminator
12-07-2008, 10:03 PM

It's become a fact of life around here. I just ignore it anymore, otherwise I'll drive myself bananas.

Steely McSmash
12-07-2008, 10:07 PM
... what do you whiners want?! I need 35 points a game that is what Goodeal promised us :sofunny: You bandwagoners better realize that the Steelers are a smash mouth team... that means controlling the clock and slowing the game (nothing the commish hates more)...

What do the whiners want? -- less open forums I guess.

I think the production out of the offense could be a lot better. How many times did we settle for FG last week? We had a lot of trouble moving the chains this week as well. That;s what the FANS want. We have a high standard of expectation as Tomlin would say. DO you think Ben and BA are happy with the offensive production?

You're the one whining as far as I can see.

To control the clock and slow the game you need to run the ball. In case you haven't noticed, the Steelers are not so good at that this year.

In my opnion Ben get's a B- for the week. He protected the ball for the most part. I think maybe 2 times he took sacks that he didn't need to. 2 long balls were underthrown.

I'm obviously happy that we won but there's a lot of room for improvement. This team would be lights out if the offense was even average instead of 24th.

Go Steelers:tt:

steelwall
12-07-2008, 10:09 PM

Gotta love it. All the negativity. I guess some people may not know the stat that Big Ben has just now passed ALL QB's that are and have ever been, in winning the most games in their first five starting seasons. Period.

Not to mention giving up on Ben you might as well just give up on the Steelers he IS our franchise QB and he ain't going anywhere, as he shouldn't.

lardlad
12-08-2008, 02:46 AM
Per ESPN

"Roethlisberger was 17-of-33 for 204 yards in his 48th career victory, the most by a quarterback in his first five seasons."

That does say the MOST by any QB in his first 5 years right? I mean...MOST WINS in his first 5 years....that's what it says right?

It Is What It Is.

I am glad someone said it. He isn't perfect, and he was definitely part of the problem for most of the game. But he had tons of pressure and no run game to support him. If nothing else in this game you had to like their guts, including Ben. He also turned out to be a big part of the reason they tied it up. I wouldn't call myself a Ben lover, but I love his toughness in tough games.

BTW is anyone else going to credit Dallas for a good defensive game? The Steelers offense wasn't the only ones on the field, you might say they weren't on the field at all, but I was really surprised how tough they played us.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-08-2008, 02:54 AM
I think if we had a decent line and we could get something going as far as a running game Ben would look a lot better than he does now. Put Ben behind a good offensive line and he is one of the best QBs in the league. Hell, he is still a premier quarterback with a line like this :http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1532/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1532R-5038.jpg

Put Romo, Favre, either Manning, or whoever you like behind our line, but I would pick Ben over them all hands down! No one has his ability to make something out of nothing and it has saved our asses too many times to count!:tt03:

NYC SteelersFan
12-08-2008, 03:30 AM
Put Roethlisberger on the Giants with the career he has had and he would have a MVP trophy and would be on the cover of Madden. The only bad thing I can say about him is that he knows he has no real "deep threat" receiver. He knows the o-line is horrible. He probably knows Arian's is an idiot and he knows we have practically abandoned the rush. So he tries to do to much sometimes and gives reasons to the Media and haters to call him average or a "game manager who lacks consistency and makes mistakes that cost his team." Meanwhile the guy is the 3rd or 4th best QB in the league (I don't know if Brees is better or not).

But I know this, his intentions behind trying to do too much are to try and carry the team cause he knows the offense is pretty useless. His mistakes aren't "dumb" or "lack of skill" mistakes. They are "I have to win this game by myself" mistakes. I rather have a guy who makes those kinds of mistakes than have a guy who doesn't make any mistakes because he doesn't do much of anything cause he just doesn't really care. I hope someone from the defense has gone to him and said, "trust us Benjamin, you don't have to carry the team, we will, you just make sure we're walking straight while we carry it."

225 completions 376 attempts
59.8 Cmp%
14 TD's and 12 INT's
80.1 QB rating

Take away the INT that popped out of Washington's chest and into the Giants defenders hands and that's only 11 INT's and 14 TD's

pretty damn good with this offense.

Watch Eli closely the next few games LambertIsGod58 you wild man, watch what happens to him with Burress gone.

KeiselPower99
12-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Here is my opinion. When he gets sacked he is the goat of everyone, when he does good as in the pass to Holmes he is tremendous. Lets face it folks, we have the new Brett Favre. He will make great plays along with some dumb ones.

steel striker
12-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Ben is a gamer pure and, simple end of story. He makes enough plays for us to win when we need it most of the time. Sure we still have issues on the offense but, who does not? Still with our oline Ben is the guy I want at the helm because, he gives us the best chance to win.

The_WARDen
12-08-2008, 08:34 AM
They could have Romo cause he delivers in the clutch...no wait....

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-08-2008, 09:44 AM
I think if we had a decent line and we could get something going as far as a running game Ben would look a lot better than he does now.

I was in the camp that we let our O line coach work thru it this season, but think it should be his last season here. Even with the injuries and backups like Starks, Stapleton, there is not a consistent effort in the run game. I just dont think Coach Z has their full attention and their confidence in him.

There were many times where Ben had good protection and held the ball long, eventually getting sacked or throwing it away. Some of those fall on the receivers not getting open or the play design. I mean, 3rd and 2....you call a pass play with a 5 step drop that results in a sack??? :noidea: The old Steelers would run it, otherwise just look to throw a quick pass instead of a longer developing play.

Better, younger talent is needed on the O line. Something that resembles a running game is also a QB's best friend and quicker decision making by the QB helps the offense out too.

tony hipchest
12-08-2008, 10:05 AM
He will never get the concept of throwing the ball away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a shame that this Defense as GREAT as is will never get a shot at the Super Bowl with this PATHETIC, yes PATHETIC excuse we have called an Offense. As good as this Defense is can you imagine the numbers if they weren't on the field 75% of the time.we just about lead the league in time of possession. :noidea:

vasteeler
12-08-2008, 10:33 AM
i cant beleive i just read all 9 pages of this crap a lot of you get it but there are quite a few who are just retarted so when Ben wins another super bowl I want to hear what you retards have to say then!!!

TackleMeBen
12-08-2008, 10:36 AM
i cant beleive i just read all 9 pages of this crap a lot of you get it but there are quite a few who are just retarted so when Ben wins another super bowl I want to hear what you retards have to say then!!!
they will find something to critize him about. like he should have ran with the ball instead of throwing it... you cant please everyone and i think our qb knows that.. and he probably really doesnt care, as long as the team wins.

XxKnightxX
12-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Bens banged up, the whole o line is banged up with 3 new starters, willies hurt, mendys hurt....yeah.
From getting a birds eye view at the game, Theres definitely work that has to be done, the o line coach is a must go, and arians goes TOO VERTICAL on passing plays. All I ever see on passing plays are the receivers running 10 yards deep without making a single cut, and at that time the O line is already getting beat on the rush, that definitely has to be worked on.

As far as the pathetic and bladdi blah bitching, STFU, stop acting like spoiled philly fans, we have a quartergack who wants to win no matter the circumstances, and Ill take that over any other QB who would of gave up by the third quarter.

The_WARDen
12-08-2008, 10:53 AM
I've having deja-vu...I've seen this thread before.

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 10:57 AM
we just about lead the league in time of possession. :noidea:

If we're not putting up 50 points a game, people will bitch about it. You know the drill.

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 10:58 AM

They'll say we won it because of the D and the running game, just like the last one.

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 11:00 AM
They'll say we won it because of the D and the running game, just like the last one.

Look at the stats Fan....show me that the defense and running game weren't ranked in the top 5 the year we won XL. And the passing game was ranked now higher than 18. That shows the game was being managed by our QB. Overall. I know he played well in the playoffs.....but you need to look at the big picture.

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Look at the stats Fan....show me that the defense and running game weren't ranked in the top 5 the year we won XL. And the passing game was ranked now higher than 18. That shows the game was being managed by our QB. Overall. I know he played well in the playoffs.....but you need to look at the big picture.

And I can make the argument that the Pats* "won" their 3 SBs on Vinatieri's foot. Gotta look at the big picture here.

TackleMeBen
12-08-2008, 11:04 AM
on a side note.. did any of you know that Coach Tomlin is the first steeler coach to win 10 games in his first two seasons:tt02::tt02:

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 11:06 AM
And I can make the argument that the Pats* "won" their 3 SBs on Vinatieri's foot. Gotta look at the big picture here.

No...b/c you are referring to a couple of kicks and not an entire season. But keep your head buried. You've proven to be pretty good at it.

The_WARDen
12-08-2008, 11:06 AM
on a side note.. did any of you know that Coach Tomlin is the first steeler coach to win 10 games in his first two seasons:tt02::tt02:

The defense & running game won those games, Tomlin just managed the games.

TackleMeBen
12-08-2008, 11:07 AM
The defense & running game won those games, Tomlin just managed the games.
you smartbutt..lol.. maybe tomlin is learning how to manage the game from ben:chuckle:

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 11:09 AM
No...b/c you are referring to a couple of kicks and not an entire season. But keep your head buried. You've proven to be pretty good at it.

Why not? I'm only using your debating "strategy." You've been given statistic after statistic after statistic only to come back with "look how bad Ben did in XL. He sucks!"

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Why not? I'm only using your debating "strategy." You've been given statistic after statistic after statistic only to come back with "look how bad Ben did in XL. He sucks!"

Please show me this thread....where I said "he sucks". If you can't produce it, then your credibility is shot. Not that you had much to begin with.

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 11:12 AM
If you can't produce it, then your credibility is shot. Not that you had much to begin with.

About as much as you. Have a nice day. :coffee:

decleater
12-08-2008, 11:12 AM
It wasn't pretty but a W is a W. Now let's b-slap some upstart Ravens with their rookie QB! :helmet:

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 11:14 AM
About as much as you. Have a nice day. :coffee:

Didn't think so.....this is all you got? You're a fraud.

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Didn't think so.....this is all you got? You're a fraud.

No, I actually have a job to tend to at the moment. You might want to get off the foodstamps and get one yourself.

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 11:31 AM
No, I actually have a job to tend to at the moment. You might want to get off the foodstamps and get one yourself.

I do pretty well....I work 12 hour shifts and only 14 days a month. I defend a nuclear power plant. What do you do? Anything in that scope? I highly doubt it.....

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 11:33 AM

It's too bad this website had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get you.

T.Richardson
12-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Lambert fan, what is your problem with Ben? He led this team 67 yards for a score for the tie. isnt that what you want or do you want Ben to throw 5 TDs every game?

GBMelBlount
12-08-2008, 11:36 AM
C'mon Lambert, I don't know how things got to this point but this just doesn't sound like you in any way.

tony hipchest
12-08-2008, 11:39 AM
It's too bad this website had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get you.and this website is graced with your presence, or what?

this thread sucks. :yawn: ive shat better threads. good thing i only read the 1st and last page. :coffee:

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 11:42 AM
C'mon Lambert, I don't know how things got to this point but this just doesn't sound like you in any way.

Hey Mel....If you look back at most of the posts I simply stated my opinion and statistics to back it up. Since when is that wrong?

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 11:43 AM
I do pretty well....I work 12 hour shifts and only 14 days a month. I defend a nuclear power plant. What do you do? Anything in that scope? I highly doubt it.....

I'm responsible for keeping 100+ servers and a campus LAN maintained and up and running for a Healthcare informatics company. I certainly can't compete with a rent-a-cop, though.

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Lambert fan, what is your problem with Ben? He led this team 67 yards for a score for the tie. isnt that what you want or do you want Ben to throw 5 TDs every game?

C'mon man.....do you really only expect Ben to show up for one drive a game? I don't expect him to throw 5 TD's a game. But this year he is averaging 1. I guess that's what you want. The defense won that game yesterday. Plain and simple. I'll tell you something rightn now, if the offense continues this way it will be an early exit from the playoffs.

Dino 6 Rings
12-08-2008, 11:47 AM
C'mon man.....do you really only expect Ben to show up for one drive a game? I don't expect him to throw 5 TD's a game. But this year he is averaging 1. I guess that's what you want. The defense won that game yesterday. Plain and simple. I'll tell you something rightn now, if the offense continues this way it will be an early exit from the playoffs.

I tell you what, if everything that happened in yesterday's game happens exactly the same way again in a playoff game...we'd win.

Bottom line. Ben threw the game tying touchdown pass didn't he.

GBMelBlount
12-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey Mel....If you look back at most of the posts I simply stated my opinion and statistics to back it up. Since when is that wrong?

It's not, just the way things have escalated. It's to the point where things have gotten personal and I just think everything needs to be put in perspective. Gary works 80 hours a week sometimes and still volunteers his time for this site with very little appreciation or gratitude. I don't agree with him on everything but I respect him even when he calls me out on things occasionally. As for you. You are one of the most decent people on this site imo. So again, I would just hate to see things continue down this direction. Right or wrong, I would take a step back and cool down. Again, I'm NOT saying your wrong. I understand your points. I just hate to see two people I like fight like this. That's all.

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm responsible for keeping 100+ servers and a campus LAN maintained and up and running for a Healthcare informatics company. I certainly can't compete with a rent-a-cop, though.

Rent-a-cop? Hardly, but since you are ignorant on the topic it doesn't surprise me. Thanks for sitting behind a desk all day. Be careful of those paper cuts. They can be nasty. Thanks for your big contribution to society and national security. It's greatly appreciated!!! LMFAO!!!

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 11:54 AM
It's not, just the way things have escalated. It's to the point where things have gotten personal and I just think everything needs to be put in perspective. Gary works 80 hours a week sometimes and still volunteers his time for this site with very little appreciation or gratitude. I don't agree with him on everything but I respect him even when he calls me out on things occasionally. As for you. You are one of the most decent people on this site imo. So again, I would just hate to see things continue down this direction. Right or wrong, I would take a step back and cool down. Again, I'm NOT saying your wrong. I understand your points. I just hate to see two people I like fight like this. That's all.

Agreed ....but he's just as guilty if not more so. And I don't see you saying the same to him. Or to the people making personal attacks on me b/c I don't worship Benjamin Roethlisberger.

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 11:55 AM
I tell you what, if everything that happened in yesterday's game happens exactly the same way again in a playoff game...we'd win.

Bottom line. Ben threw the game tying touchdown pass didn't he.

Bottomline.....without the defense we would have lost that game and wouldn't be in playoff contention.

T.Richardson

I expect Ben to play well, and not turnover the ball. He fumbled once and that was it. He didnt play awful.

What you should worry about is the running game. If the offense can get a running game going, that would certainly help the passing game.

fansince'76

It's all good, GB. I'm simply not going to respond to anything the other party says any more from this point forward. :drink:

Dino 6 Rings
Ben
17 - 33 for 204 yards and 1 TD. 0 ints

Tony
19-36 for 210 yards and 1 Td with 3 ints.

Just looking at the QB Stats, I'll take the guy that didn't throw 3 picks on the road.

Thanks for playing.

Dino 6 Rings
12-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Bottomline.....without the defense we would have lost that game and wouldn't be in playoff contention.

Great job defense, about time they lived up to their potential and stopped giving the other team late drives to beat us like they did last year with the Jags twice, the Jets and the Broncos.

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 11:56 AM
I expect Ben to play well, and not turnover the ball. He fumbled once and that was it. He didnt play awful.

What you should worry about is the running game. If the offense can get a running game going, that would certainly help the passing game.

If we could get the passing game going, it would certainly help the running game. Knowing we can't pass, they're gonna stack the box.

T.Richardson
12-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Agreed Gary....but he's just as guilty if not more so. And I don't see you saying the same to him. Or to the people making personal attacks on me b/c I don't worship Benjamin Roethlisberger.

you know, I could say that you worship an average LB.

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 12:00 PM
[/B]

you know, I could say that you worship an average LB.

Who would that be? And I hope you have something to substaniate that claim?

T.Richardson
12-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Who would that be? And I hope you have something to substaniate that claim?

Jack Lambert.

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Jack Lambert.

Go look up any rankings of the greatest MLB's of all time. Lambert is always in the top 5. Do you think you'll be saying the same about Ben when he's done? That's laughable. And the thing is, even if you or anyone else thinks Lambert was average, I don't care. It doesn't matter to me.

T.Richardson
12-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Go look up any rankings of the greatest MLB's of all time. Lambert is always in the top 5. Do you think you'll be saying the same about Ben when he's done? That's laughable. And the thing is, even if you or anyone else thinks Lambert was average, I don't care. It doesn't matter to me.

...ok I know Lambert isnt average. But personally I think Jack Ham is better. But you cant say Ben isnt a great QB for the Steelers..

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 12:12 PM
...ok I know Lambert isnt average. But personally I think Jack Ham is better. But you cant say Ben isnt a great QB for the Steelers..

We agree....Ham was better. Ham is and always will be overlooked in the conversation as best LB's to ever play. I do know that I would have liked to have seen Butkus play behind the Steel Curtain and see what he could've done.

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 12:16 PM
and this website is graced with your presence, or what?

this thread sucks. :yawn: ive shat better threads. good thing i only read the 1st and last page. :coffee:

awh.....how cute!

T.Richardson
12-08-2008, 12:17 PM
We agree....Ham was better. Ham is and always will be overlooked in the conversation as best LB's to ever play. I do know that I would have liked to have seen Butkus play behind the Steel Curtain and see what he could've done.

So...Lambert is an average LB without Ham, Blount, Shell, Greene, greenwood, white, and shell?

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 12:19 PM
So...Lambert is an average LB without Ham, Blount, Shell, Greene, greenwood, white, and shell?

Very well could've been... we'll never know. That argument has been made and to me there is no way to say yes or no.

T.Richardson
12-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Very well could've been... we'll never know. That argument has been made and to me there is no way to say yes or no.

would it make you feel better if I play QB for the Steelers?

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 12:26 PM

Nope. Lambert was still going to Pro Bowls (when it still had some validity and before it became the popularity contest it is now) after Greene, LC, Dwight White, Holmes, and Ham were all already retired and he also very successfully made the switch from a 4-3 MLB to a 3-4 ILB when the Steelers went to the 3-4 in '83 and almost got NFL DPOY that year (he came in 2nd or 3rd in the balloting, if I remember correctly). Lambert would have been a beast for any team.

lilyoder6
12-08-2008, 12:33 PM
lg58 if u don't care what ppl say or post on here about anything regarding to jack lambert... then y do u think ppl care what u have 2 say anything regarding to ben?

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 12:38 PM
lg58 if u don't care what ppl say or post on here about anything regarding to jack lambert... then y do u think ppl care what u have 2 say anything regarding to ben?

I can show you post after post that they care.....

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 12:39 PM

If they didn't care, why is this still going on? If people weren't responding to my posts, don't you think I would have stopped by now? A lil' common sense here buddy, please?

Dino 6 Rings
12-08-2008, 01:36 PM
If they didn't care, why is this still going on? If people weren't responding to my posts, don't you think I would have stopped by now? A lil' common sense here buddy, please?

Most wins for any QB in his first 5 seasons.

Thats pretty good...common sense Pal.

DarkRaven
12-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I've noticed alot of Steeler fans who were ready to bench Ben for Leftwich. I'm sorry, but sometimes you gotta leave your hatred aside and recognize talent when you got it. The Steeler offense isn't anything spectular right now, but Ben finds a way to get the ball down the field. I really see alot of his traits in Flacco and I look forward to a good game this weekend. This game has been circled since the begining of the season.

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Most wins for any QB in his first 5 seasons.

Thats pretty good...common sense Pal.

and you don't look at the obvious....I've posted many times. He's mostly managed games...not won them. Seriously, believe what you want about Ben. I'd bet that the majority outside of SteelerNation wouldn't agree with you. But that's homerism at it's best. I just choose not to subject myself to it.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-08-2008, 01:52 PM
again LG, who would you chose to be in his place right now?

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 01:55 PM
again LG, who would you chose to be in his place right now?

I'd take Brees, Brady, Manning (take your pick), Romo, Rivers and Favre. And possibly Warner and Cutler.

stlrtruck
12-08-2008, 02:02 PM
I'd take Brees, Brady, Manning (take your pick), Romo, Rivers and Favre. And possibly Warner and Cutler.

Drew Brees is the only QB on that list that I would take as Ben's backup. That's right backup! Ben may not be perfect but dang if his imperfections haven't won us a few games along the way too. Holding on to the ball a second longer has caused him to be sacked but it's also given WRs a chance to get open - it's the nature of his play!

Brady is an arrogant pompous arse who can't hold a candle to the Steelers organization

Peyton is self glorified and isn't that great of a team player

Eli scares me and only recently has he shown any consistency (and while Ben hasn't been consistent all year I'd rather have a tough SOB in Roethlisberger back there than a pancake QB

Rivers, where does he play again? Looks to me like he's out west losing games too so wouldn't that put us right back where we are now? Oh wait, no it wouldn't because at least the Steelers are winning.

Favre - he's old and we've got a younger version of him in Roethlisberger.

I support Ben and I'm glad he's the Steelers QB. WIthout him, the Steelers wouldn't have ring #6 - yes I honestly believe that Ben lead us through the playoffs on his ability and the defense covered his arse in the Super Bowl!

Pull out your stats and their worthless when it comes to the intangibles that Ben possess' that very few QBs do.

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Drew Brees is the only QB on that list that I would take as Ben's backup. That's right backup! Ben may not be perfect but dang if his imperfections haven't won us a few games along the way too. Holding on to the ball a second longer has caused him to be sacked but it's also given WRs a chance to get open - it's the nature of his play!

Brady is an arrogant pompous arse who can't hold a candle to the Steelers organization

Peyton is self glorified and isn't that great of a team player

Eli scares me and only recently has he shown any consistency (and while Ben hasn't been consistent all year I'd rather have a tough SOB in Roethlisberger back there than a pancake QB

Rivers, where does he play again? Looks to me like he's out west losing games too so wouldn't that put us right back where we are now? Oh wait, no it wouldn't because at least the Steelers are winning.

Favre - he's old and we've got a younger version of him in Roethlisberger.

I support Ben and I'm glad he's the Steelers QB. WIthout him, the Steelers wouldn't have ring #6 - yes I honestly believe that Ben lead us through the playoffs on his ability and the defense covered his arse in the Super Bowl!

Pull out your stats and their worthless when it comes to the intangibles that Ben possess' that very few QBs do.

I noticed you left out the "awesome" and "clutch" Romo. Oh yeah, he was fweezing in the cold weather yesterday and his receivers were at fault, my bad - at least those were the excuses I kept hearing from Aikman, Buck and Collinsworth. :rolleyes:

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 02:10 PM
I noticed you left out the "awesome" and "clutch" Romo. Oh yeah, he was fweezing in the cold weather yesterday and his receivers were at fault, my bad - at least those were the excuses I kept hearing from Aikman, Buck and Collinsworth. :rolleyes:

Romo is still outplaying Ben. No matter how you slice it.

TheWarDen86
12-08-2008, 02:11 PM

Not yesterday.

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Not yesterday.

Right, not yesterday.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-08-2008, 02:33 PM

Maybe Brees, but thats it.

I just plain hate Brady and he is only as good as he is because of the team he is on (read into that what you will:flap:)

Eli is just now showing any stability, and Payton is useless once he gets sacked a few times (although having him completely change the stupid plays Arians calls would be nice)

Romo has yet to win a big game and wilts under pressure at crunch time, like yesterday

Favre, well I am going to get shot for saying this, but I think Favre is the most overrated QB next to Brady. His chuck and pray style only gets his team(s) so far, then he throws the game/season ending pick when it counts.

Dino 6 Rings
12-08-2008, 02:42 PM
and you don't look at the obvious....I've posted many times. He's mostly managed games...not won them. Seriously, believe what you want about Ben. I'd bet that the majority outside of SteelerNation wouldn't agree with you. But that's homerism at it's best. I just choose not to subject myself to it.

No. I would be there are about 28 fan bases that wouldn't mind having Big Ben as their QB. Because when he has the ball, and the game is on the line, he gets the job done.

Unlike Romo, or Warner, or Rivers, or Brees.

With the game on the line, Ben finds a way to make the play.

And that my friend is what "IT" is. Big Ben has "IT"

tresh123
12-08-2008, 03:05 PM
i am very confused!!!! i thought this was a steelers fan websight. people who are fans do not bash their qb or any other player on the team!!! by the way you folks bashing ben, what are you doing for a liviing? i know you are not the winniest qb in your first five seasons ever!!!!! it just sickens me how you so calles fans are bitching. 10-3!!!! and your bitching. you are a discrace to the steeler nation!!!! why don't you become lions or browns fans so you have a reason to bitch!!! while your at it check your fanhood!!!! a real stillers fan is true at all times!!!!!

Dino 6 Rings
12-08-2008, 03:07 PM
i am very confused!!!! i thought this was a steelers fan websight. people who are fans do not bash their qb or any other player on the team!!! by the way you folks bashing ben, what are you doing for a liviing? i know you are not the winniest qb in your first five seasons ever!!!!! it just sickens me how you so calles fans are bitching. 10-3!!!! and your bitching. you are a discrace to the steeler nation!!!! why don't you become lions or browns fans so you have a reason to bitch!!! while your at it check your fanhood!!!! a real stillers fan is true at all times!!!!!

Easy now, don't say things like "you fans" and what not.

Some of us are actually defending Ben and using sarcasm to do it. But we still don't have a sarcasm smiley...Mods...where's that smiley!

tresh123
12-08-2008, 03:13 PM
when i say you fans i mean the actual bashers. not the fan using sarcasm!! i am a true fan and it just disgust me to see what fans say. don't mean to slam anyone except the "non-believers"

Preacher
12-08-2008, 03:21 PM

Absolutely NO WAY.

I would like to see ANY of them stand behind our offensive line and do what Ben has done THIS YEAR, let alone last year. Every one of them you mentioned has an offensive line that is 2 to 3 times better than ours.

I hate to say it, but the only QB that could be better in Pittsburgh with this line is GASP, Michael Vick, pre-arrest. Because his mobility and running skills would really slow down the blitz.

I think you are too focused on one man, and not focused enough on how the play of the offense contributes to his numbers, not to mention the drops that our WR's have had this year.

Is Ben at faul for anything? Yep. I have noticed he has a penchant for throwing behind players. Not sure why that is. Possibly he is playing it safe and putting the ball where only his players can get it, but I doubt that.

That is one part of his game I would LOVE to see improved. I have no problem with how long he holds the ball. I'd take that and sacks along with the possibility of making the play potentially every time.

In the end, you gotta see him in the light of Elway, who was very similar in his first 5 or so years in the league. He would play horribly for 3 quarters, then in the fourth, would come back and put the ball in the endzone. As he matured, he evened out.

No, I have high hopes for Ben. Ben-lover? Whatever. I just have a long-enough and wide-enough view of history and the league that I don't get mad at my QB because he doesn't fit the "Pittaburgh" mold of QB.

Notice, virtually EVERY QB you mentioned. . . is a pocket passer.

ShutDown24
12-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Absolutely NO WAY.

I would like to see ANY of them stand behind our offensive line and do what Ben has done THIS YEAR, let alone last year. Every one of them you mentioned has an offensive line that is 2 to 3 times better than ours.

That's exactly right. None of the guys he listed would even be a GOOD quarterback behind our current offensive line.

His argument carries absolutely no force behind it.

xfl2001fan
12-08-2008, 03:35 PM

Whoa buddy. You can like a team and say they suck. I'm a Cleveland Browns fan and I know how piss poor my team has been playing. It doesn't mean I have stopped rooting for them, it just means I see them for what they are.

Braylon Edwards is a talented and underachieving wide receiver. He drops way too many damn balls. On Sunday's, I root for him to catch the ball. On Sunday's, I get pissed at him for not doing what he get's paid millions of dollars to do (catch the ball.)

All statements are true. I'm still a fan.

I don't agree with the method/path of logic pursued by Lamberts in regards to Ben, but that doesn't mean he's not a fan. He's just a fan that wants to see more out of Ben in regards to performance. I'm sure he cheers his TD tosses and get's pissed about the sacks/interceptions. He wants to see his team win. Again, I believe his logic is flawed...but that doesn't mean he's not a fan. Just irrational. Since fan is short for fanatic...is it really unreasonable to think that some fans might be irrational?

stlrtruck
12-08-2008, 03:41 PM

Yes Romo is a great fantasy football QB - he plays wonderfully during the regular season but where are his intangibles? Where is his sacrifice for the team?

And as you previously posted, it's a what have you done now league and what has Romo done? I'll take my Super Bowl winning QB even with all his sub-par stats, still call him elite because of what he brings to the table - something I've only seen Favre bring to the table, and tell the others to take a hike!

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Awaiting obligatory and circular argument post that Ben only has a ring because of the running game and defense in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.... :coffee:

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Awaiting obligatory and circular argument post that Ben only has a ring because of the running game and defense in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.... :coffee:

I can't argue that....

24seven
12-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Some just tell it like it is and others are to stubborn to listen to a point of view that is different than their own. My opinion is the same as it's been for a long time now. Ben sucks royally for 3.75 quarters.. Defense saves our ass.. Somehow at the end we pull a rabbit out of our asses and somehow win.. So in the end I can't complain to hard. Not gonna go on a Ben bashing but if you could watch him the whole game and feel good about this win than congratulations. But I for one find it unbelievable were 10-3. Especially when I turn on tv and watch teams we squeak by like Jacksonville (26-21) and there's Houston creaming them (30-17). Colts.. 35-3 over Bungles (we won 27-10 and was close till 3rd quarter).. Titans 28-9 over Browns (we barely won 10-6)etc.. If we can't get a productive Offense within the next 3 weeks then pretty much kiss the playoffs goodbye.. That's the main reason I'm not jacked about all the wins.. Cuz I cannot see us progressing at this rate. Our defense has to score in order for us to win.. pathetic.. And were the laughing stock of the red zone imo. How many times we been inside the 20 and settled for fg's or no points? I would love that stat.. But I guess that's what you get when every time your on the goal you run the same play on the left side up the gut . But this is a problem with the whole offensive unit not just one person. . Even Ward has made more mistakes this year than ever. He's had like as many penalties this year than he's had his whole career it seems. And dropped passes.. He must be passin the peace pipe with Holmes or somethin.. All these mistakes add up to suckage but qb coach might want to spend some more on timing routes cuz Ben will get pounced first every time as his errors are most noticeable. We love our Ben.. But I can still say he sucked and love him at the same time.

The_WARDen
12-08-2008, 03:47 PM

Romo only has a ring because of the running game and defense!!

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Some just tell it like it is and others are to stubborn to listen to a point of view that is different than their own.

And some just like to bitch for the sake of bitching. :coffee:

But I for one find it unbelievable were 10-3. Especially when I turn on tv and watch teams we squeak by like Jacksonville (26-21) and there's Houston creaming them (30-17). Colts.. 35-3 over Bungles (we won 27-10 and was close till 3rd quarter).. Titans 28-9 over Browns (we barely won 10-6)etc...

You mean the same Bengals we beat by 27-10 and 38-10 that took the defending SB champs to OT in the Meadowlands, who then turned around and destroyed the Ravens? Or the same Browns team that we beat on the same field that again the defending SB champs lost to by 3 TDs? Great argument, dude. Ever hear the cliché "Any given Sunday?" It's a cliché for a reason. Of course, by this rationale, I guess that means the 7-5-1 Eagles are better than the 10-3 Steelers and the 11-2 Giants since they beat both teams as well. :coffee:

iloveben7
12-08-2008, 03:58 PM

not true at all.
how come some of you can NEVER see that if something goes right, a little credit should go to Ben. I'm not saying all of it should ever go to him or against him. I'll be the first to admit that the 1st half of yesterday's game, ben had a horrible day, but he never gave up and came back with his 16th comeback win of his career and his 49th win of his career, which is an NFL record.

Well I hope you all enjoy your lives and this forum because this is my last post. I was going to leave a few weeks ago, but I decided to stick around but nothing has changed.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Romo only has a ring because of the running game and defense!! huh?:noidea: He doesn't even have a playoff win!

The_WARDen
12-08-2008, 04:14 PM
huh?:noidea: He doesn't even have a playoff win!

I was being sarcastic to the post from FanSince76 -

Awaiting obligatory and circular argument post that Ben only has a ring because of the running game and defense in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

it was in response to the knobslobbering of Romo by LIG

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-08-2008, 04:57 PM
I was being sarcastic to the post from FanSince76 -

it was in response to the knobslobbering of Romo by LIG

Damn sarcasm smileys...lol

NYC SteelersFan
12-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Put Roethlisberger on the Giants with the career he has had and he would have a MVP trophy and would be on the cover of Madden. The only bad thing I can say about him is that he knows he has no real "deep threat" receiver. He knows the o-line is horrible. He probably knows Arian's is an idiot and he knows we have practically abandoned the rush. So he tries to do to much sometimes and gives reasons to the Media and haters to call him average or a "game manager who lacks consistency and makes mistakes that cost his team." Meanwhile the guy is the 3rd or 4th best QB in the league (I don't know if Brees is better or not).

But I know this, his intentions behind trying to do too much are to try and carry the team cause he knows the offense is pretty useless. His mistakes aren't "dumb" or "lack of skill" mistakes. They are "I have to win this game by myself" mistakes. I rather have a guy who makes those kinds of mistakes than have a guy who doesn't make any mistakes because he doesn't do much of anything cause he just doesn't really care. I hope someone from the defense has gone to him and said, "trust us Benjamin, you don't have to carry the team, we will, you just make sure we're walking straight while we carry it."

225 completions 376 attempts
59.8 Cmp%
14 TD's and 12 INT's
80.1 QB rating

Take away the INT that popped out of Washington's chest and into the Giants defenders hands and that's only 11 INT's and 14 TD's

pretty damn good with this offense.

Watch Eli closely the next few games LambertIsGod58 you wild man, watch what happens to him with Burress gone.

I'm quoting myself becase you didn't answer Lambert

Fan is right, you ignore stats and comments that you can't argue against and jsut come back with, "Look what he did in the Superbowl, he sucks". Or "This guy, this guy and this guy are better cause I say so."

Respond to my quoted post above, respond with some reason and stats.

NYC SteelersFan
12-08-2008, 09:02 PM

This is just a moronic statement, Warner and Cutler? Eli Manning and Favre? I'll even give you Romo for arguements sake. The other 4 are idiotic when stats are looked at, age is taken into consideration and anyone of these QB's are currently watched.

Roethlisberger is a top 5 QB, stop pulling names out of your a$$ to try and say otherwise. I've posted a book's worth of stats comparing Eli and Roethlisberger and you come back with, "Yeah but Eli has been better this year". And based on that you would take him over Roethlisberger, completely ignoring the 56 games the two played prior.

NYC SteelersFan
12-08-2008, 09:04 PM

You can bash, I think real fans truly care and makes them want to bash more. But you have to have somekind of logic and reason behind your bashing.

cubanstogie
12-08-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm quoting myself becase you didn't answer Lambert

Fan is right, you ignore stats and comments that you can't argue against and jsut come back with, "Look what he did in the Superbowl, he sucks". Or "This guy, this guy and this guy are better cause I say so."

Respond to my quoted post above, respond with some reason and stats.

Don't hold your breath. The guy thinks Phillip Rivers and Drew Brees better. He obviously has no eye for talent. But, but ,but ,but those guys throw for a lot of yards blah blah blah blah.

SteelCityKingsVP
12-08-2008, 09:27 PM
While I agree that Ben DEFFINATELY holds the ball too long. He won us a superbowl and still is winning more than he has lost, granted he has had a great supporting cast minus the o-line this year. When he holds the ball its to extend the play and create opportunities. However, he does need to know when to say when and let go for the good of the team. Honestly, with an improved offensive line, his holding on to the ball will be a non-issue. As we saw in his first 2 seasons.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-08-2008, 09:54 PM
While I agree that Ben DEFFINATELY holds the ball too long. .

Yeah, did you hear Aikman on the broadcast say something like; "If he gets sacked for a loss on that, instead of throwing it away, its a really dumb play.....but he completed it to Holmes, so its a good play".

Its what you get. I just like the fact that the past few games he has thrown a few more away and lived to at least get a FG. This defense needs points....not always 7, but give them a few 3's and we have a chance to win a lot of games like Sunday.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-08-2008, 11:14 PM
I dont know of too many QBs in the NFL that could play behind our offensive line and take the hits (sometimes his fault) trying to make plays..many of bens sacs come from him holding the ball to make a play where most QBs would throw the ball away or make a bad choice throwing to a receiver. But more often than not ben is being chased because his line does not give him the time..

I would love to see ben play behind the pats line or the giants line.... Give him time to drop back and I think ben could be a great QB....

lambertlunaticfan
12-09-2008, 03:45 AM
whats that saying,"the sun even shines on a dog's....something, every once in awhile".....and how many times have you seen him blow a game....the qb is the leader,take the blame for the win, and game tying drive like you just gave him credit for...well then you take the blame for the lost,especially when you get sacked more than any qb does in the league and make bonehead plays:doh:......I just saw a game-tying 67-yard drive engineered by him.

fansince'76
12-09-2008, 03:54 AM
whats that saying,"the sun even shines on a dog's....something, every once in awhile".....and how many times have you seen him blow a game....the qb is the leader,take the blame for the win, and game tying drive like you just gave him credit for...well then you take the blame for the lost,especially when you get sacked more than any qb does in the league and make bonehead plays:doh:......

I also hung the Indy loss squarely on his shoulders too. I'm not a blind Ben cheerleader, but I'm not ready to run him out of town after every single mistake either. Sorry you seem to have a problem with that. We're 10-3 so far this year, so he hasn't exactly "blown" that many games, has he?

lambertlunaticfan
12-09-2008, 03:55 AM
i totally agree with you....and the defense has always led the team....what should be told to big ben...its not up to you to win the game,just try not to lose the game...and this year for sure,the term "ugly win" is really true...but its still a win,just not pretty....but the blame goes on big bens shoulders, as he is the leader of the offense,so if they are only relying on "the foot" reed to win games,well then big ben isnt doing that good,how many balls to his #1 reciever ward in that boys game,he doesnt run the offense very good.....something goes right it's all Ben....it goes bad, someone else's fault. How pathetic!

fansince'76
12-09-2008, 04:00 AM
but the blame goes on big bens shoulders, as he is the leader of the offense,so if they are only relying on "the foot" reed to win games....

And by that rationale, like I mentioned in another thread, give the credit for the 3 SBs the Pats* "won" to Vinatieri and not Brady.

lambertlunaticfan
12-09-2008, 04:02 AM
im with you,he's my qb and i'm always by his side,but doesnt mean im always on his side...see to me,theres nothing wrong with complaining about your team to a point,bashing them,yeah then youre not really a fan,but to complain is ok to me,i dont have a problem,you said he made a game tying drive,and all i was pointing out,how many times does the good play get out weight by bad play...seems to be more of the bad than good,just wish he would learn to throw the ball away....not sure when i said i wanted him ran out of town and that i didnt want him to be the qb of the team,but ok:noidea:I also hung the Indy loss squarely on his shoulders too. I'm not a blind Ben cheerleader, but I'm not ready to run him out of town after every single mistake either. Sorry you seem to have a problem with that.

lambertlunaticfan
12-09-2008, 04:03 AM
again,missing the point,i dont think its good to relay on your place kicker to win games,the pats won games with him but he wasnt the only offense of the teamAnd by that rationale, like I mentioned in another thread, give the credit to the 3 SBs the Pats* "won" to Vinatieri and not Brady.

fansince'76
12-09-2008, 04:34 AM
again,missing the point,i dont think its good to relay on your place kicker to win games,the pats won games with him but he wasnt the only offense of the team

In the SB against the Rams, the Pats* offense accounted for one TD and one TD only. They got another TD on a pick-six (just like we did against the Cowboys) and got 6 more points directly off Vinatieri's foot, including the game-winner in the final minute, for a total of 20 points (again, just like we did against the Cowboys). Imagine that. Not good to rely on your PK to win games? The fact stands that the only thing separating the Pats* from 3 losses as opposed to 3 wins in the SB was Vinatieri's foot. They "won" 3 SBs by a grand total of 3 points a piece, with the winning FG coming in the final minute in two of them. Luckily for them they had Vinatieri and not Scott Norwood. In the NFL, you take wins any way you can get them. Style points aren't a factor. There is no BCS in the NFL.

fansince'76
12-09-2008, 04:43 AM
all i was pointing out,how many times does the good play get out weight by bad play...seems to be more of the bad than good

If that were really the case, we'd be 3-10, not 10-3.

....not sure when i said i wanted him ran out of town and that i didnt want him to be the qb of the team,but ok:noidea:

Well, when you say in relation to his play that "every once in a while the sun shines on a dog's ass," that kinda implies we could probably do a whole lot better than him at the QB position, and do so fairly easily, no? I mean, just look at the stellar track record of this team as far as starting QBs are concerned since Bradshaw retired. We could probably get someone off the street tomorrow and start racking up 40+ points a game on a weekly basis.

Steelers & I
12-09-2008, 05:50 AM
I would find it VERY DIFFICULT to crticize ANY QB who's hoisting the Lombardi Trophy at seasons end. I don't give a $hit what his Super Bowl stats looked like.

Man, just imagine what it takes to get to that point. A 16 game regular season in which your team has to out-perform at least 10 of the 16 teams in your conference. Two sometimes three playoff game victories. The Super Bowl game itself where you're facing THE BEST TEAM that the opposing conference has to offer.

Men, that's not an easy load to tow you know? I think that it's totally absurd to believe that a mediocre QB can accomplish all of that. Yeah, yeah, Trent-effing- Dilfer, it's going to take a little more than that to make your case. There's 10 Hall of Fame QB's with Super Bowl victories to every 1 Trent Dilfer.

redst3
12-09-2008, 06:53 AM
Uhm…..Just my two cents…some of you need to back s l o w l y away from the giant football men you have created on Xbox and realize that we did, in fact, WIN the game. You also need to realize it was one of the most exciting Steelers games in the last 10 years and Ben played his part.:thumbsup:

LambertIsGod58
12-09-2008, 12:53 PM
I would find it VERY DIFFICULT to crticize ANY QB who's hoisting the Lombardi Trophy at seasons end. I don't give a $hit what his Super Bowl stats looked like.

Man, just imagine what it takes to get to that point. A 16 game regular season in which your team has to out-perform at least 10 of the 16 teams in your conference. Two sometimes three playoff game victories. The Super Bowl game itself where you're facing THE BEST TEAM that the opposing conference has to offer.

Men, that's not an easy load to tow you know? I think that it's totally absurd to believe that a mediocre QB can accomplish all of that. Yeah, yeah, Trent-effing- Dilfer, it's going to take a little more than that to make your case. There's 10 Hall of Fame QB's with Super Bowl victories to every 1 Trent Dilfer.

Alot of people don't share your logic. I mean, didn't Eli win a trophy and AN MVP last year? Doesn't seem to stop people from trashing him.

NYC SteelersFan
12-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Alot of people don't share your logic. I mean, didn't Eli win a trophy and AN MVP last year? Doesn't seem to stop people from trashing him.

Absolutely, I'll never use the Superbowl victory as a premise for the QB being good. I think it's wrong. Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Eli Manning have won Superbowl's. As Fan76' has pointed out so did that god awful Namath. None of these QB's were ever better than good and none were ever top 5.

Roethlisberger isn't great cause he won the Superbowl. Roethlisberger is great cause he was key in getting them there and his numbers in the regular season and playoffs were absolutely excellent.

LambertIsGod58
12-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Absolutely, I'll never use the Superbowl victory as a premise for the QB being good. I think it's wrong. Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Eli Manning have won Superbowl's. As Fan76' has pointed out so did that god awful Namath. None of these QB's were ever better than good and none were ever top 5.

Roethlisberger isn't great cause he won the Superbowl. Roethlisberger is great cause he was key in getting them there and his numbers in the regular season and playoffs were absolutely excellent.

you think his numbers were excellent other than last year?

kingkulsteel
12-09-2008, 01:36 PM
how can you complain when we are winning?

fansince'76
12-09-2008, 01:42 PM
how can you complain when we are winning?

We were behind in the game 13-6 when the thread was started. Funny how the come-from-behind win hasn't muted the whining, but at the same time, I pretty much knew it wouldn't.

NYC SteelersFan
12-09-2008, 01:45 PM
you think his numbers were excellent other than last year?

98.1 QB rating in 04' (excellent)
98.6 QB rating in 05' (excellent)
75.4 QB rating in 06' (average)
104.1 QB rating in 07' (excellent)
80.1 QB rating in 08' (good)

3 out of 4 3/4 years have been excellent, which means, as it stand now, Roethlisberger has been excellent(QB rating of 90 or more) for approximately 63% of his career. He has been good (QB rating of 80 or more) for approximately 15% of his career and he has been average (QB rating above 74-75) for approximately 22% of his career. That is pretty damn good Lambert. I would wait until the end of this season and 5 additional seasons before finishing the book on Roethlisberger but as it goes now, he is mostly great, almost always good, and rarely bad and is a top 5 QB.

Just because he does not have astonishing yards and TD totals does not mean his year wasn't excellent. You can't penalize him just because of the system he plays in Lambert. I'm sure if you gave him Fitzgerald and Boldin or Freeman and Driver or Moss, Stallworth and Welker or Holt, Bruce and Hakim, gave him a pass first/pass often offense, he too would have more yards and TD's. But the fact is he plays for the Steelers who don't do that, at least not for the last 10 years. But givin the system he is in, his QB rating, completion % and TD to INT ration still make him an excellent QB without the bolstered yards and TD's which is out of his control.

LambertIsGod58
12-09-2008, 01:46 PM
We were behind in the game 13-6 when the thread was started. Funny how the come-from-behind win hasn't muted the whining, but at the same time, I pretty much knew it wouldn't.

LOL!! still nothing in regards to the argument I posted? Maybe something will come.:coffee:

LambertIsGod58
12-09-2008, 01:51 PM

3 out of 4 3/4 years have been excellent, which means, as it stand now, Roethlisberger has been excellent(QB rating of 90 or more) for approximately 63% of his career. He has been good(QB rating of 80 or more) for approximately 15% of his career and he has been average(QB rating above 70) for approximately 22% of his career. That is pretty damn good Lambert. I would until the end of this season and 5 additional seasons before finishing the book on Roethlisberger but as it goes now, he is mostly great, almost always good, and rarely bad and is a top 5 QB.

Just because he does not have astonishing yards and TD totals does not mean his year wasn't excellent. You can't penalize him just because of the system he plays in Lambert. I'm sure if you gave him Fitzgerald and Boldin or Freeman and Driver or Moss, Stallworth and Welker or Holt, Bruce and Hakim, gave him a pass first/pass often offense, he too would have more yards and TD's. But the fact is he plays for the Steelers who don't do that, at least not for the last 10 years. But givin the system he is in, his QB rating, completion % and TD to INT ration still make him an excellent QB without the bolstered yards and TD's which is out of his control.

OK...OK. Then please refute that Ben has had the number 1 defense 3 of his first 5 years and a top 10 defense every year. Also, do the same with having a top 10 running game every year but one?

NYC SteelersFan
12-09-2008, 02:13 PM
OK...OK. Then please refute that Ben has had the number 1 defense 3 of his first 5 years and a top 10 defense every year. Also, do the same with having a top 10 running game every year but one?

That doesn't mean the passes he completed and the TD's he threw were any less difficult or undervalued or that the INT's he threw worse worse than normal Lambert. What kind of arguement is that?

Brady's Superbowl year:

2001-18 TD's 12 INT's 63.9 Cmp% and QB rating of 85.5
2003-23 TD's 12 INT's 60.2 Cmp% and QB rating of 85.9
2004-28 TD's 14 INT's 60.8 Cmp% and QB rating of 92.6

Patriots Superbowl victories:

2001-24th ranked defense, 13th ranked rush and 22nd ranked pass (how do you explain this one? This means that no one was responsible for the victory based on your arguement)

2003-7th ranked defense and 27th ranked rush (1 top ten)
2004-9th ranked defense and 7th ranked rush (both top ten)

LambertIsGod58
12-09-2008, 02:18 PM
That doesn't mean the passes he completed and the TD's he threw were any less difficult or undervalued or that the INT's he threw worse worse than normal Lambert. What kind of arguement is that?

Brady's Superbowl year:

2001-18 TD's 12 INT's 63.9 Cmp% and QB rating of 85.5
2003-23 TD's 12 INT's 60.2 Cmp% and QB rating of 85.9
2004-28 TD's 14 INT's 60.8 Cmp% and QB rating of 92.6

Patriots Superbowl victories:

2001-24th ranked defense, 13th ranked rush and 22nd ranked pass (how do you explain this one? This means that no one was responsible for the victory based on your arguement)

2003-7th ranked defense and 27th ranked rush (1 top ten)
2004-9th ranked defense and 7th ranked rush (both top ten)

Actually, your argument shows, just like you said, it was pretty equal. And that's fine. No argument from me. But that's my point, the passing game (Ben included) has been at the bottom 4 of 5 years while the defense and running game are contstantly in the top 10, minus the running game this year. Your attempt above doesn't disprove anything I've said.

LambertIsGod58
12-09-2008, 02:19 PM

3 out of 4 3/4 years have been excellent, which means, as it stand now, Roethlisberger has been excellent(QB rating of 90 or more) for approximately 63% of his career. He has been good (QB rating of 80 or more) for approximately 15% of his career and he has been average (QB rating above 74-75) for approximately 22% of his career. That is pretty damn good Lambert. I would wait until the end of this season and 5 additional seasons before finishing the book on Roethlisberger but as it goes now, he is mostly great, almost always good, and rarely bad and is a top 5 QB.

No, those ratings make him efficent. Not elite.

NYC SteelersFan
12-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Actually, your argument shows, just like you said, it was pretty equal. And that's fine. No argument from me. But that's my point, the passing game (Ben included) has been at the bottom 4 of 5 years while the defense and running game are contstantly in the top 10, minus the running game this year. Your attempt above doesn't disprove anything I've said.

It disprove's that his stats are any less invaluable or meaningless due to the ranking of his teams rush game and defense. Which I believe is what you were trying to imply by showing his team's stats.

My definition of elite is efficient. Your definition of elite is QB's with bolstered stats due to a pass first/pass often offensive system and great receivers.

Both can win games and championships, which one is considered elite is a matter of opinion not fact.

LambertIsGod58
12-09-2008, 02:28 PM
It disprove's that his stats are any less invaluable or meaningless due to the ranking of his teams rush game and defense. Which I believe is what you were trying to imply by showing his team's stats.

My definition of elite is efficient. Your definition of elite is QB's with bolstered stats due to a pass first/pass often offensive system great receivers.

Both can win games and championships, which one is considered elite is a matter of opinion not fact.

well said....

NYC SteelersFan
12-09-2008, 03:03 PM
well said....

Thank you.

tresh123
12-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I AM STILL CONFUSED? WE ARE 10-3. REMEMBER JUST LAST YEAR WHEN THE PATSYS WENT 16-0? THEY WERE GLAMEROUS THEY LOOKED LIKE A SWAN DANCE. OOOOPS! THEY DIDN'T GET THE RING. OH BY THE WAY DIDN'T TERRY BRADSHAW HAVE AN OK DEFENCE WHILE HE WAS WALKING HIS WAY TO 4 SUPERBOWLS AND THE HALL OF FAME? DON'T FORGET WE HAVE FREE AGENCY NOW. COULDN'T WE HAVE A RING OR TWO MORE WITHOUT FREE AGENCY???

LambertIsGod58
12-09-2008, 04:01 PM
I AM STILL CONFUSED? WE ARE 10-3. REMEMBER JUST LAST YEAR WHEN THE PATSYS WENT 16-0? THEY WERE GLAMEROUS THEY LOOKED LIKE A SWAN DANCE. OOOOPS! THEY DIDN'T GET THE RING. OH BY THE WAY DIDN'T TERRY BRADSHAW HAVE AN OK DEFENCE WHILE HE WAS WALKING HIS WAY TO 4 SUPERBOWLS AND THE HALL OF FAME? DON'T FORGET WE HAVE FREE AGENCY NOW. COULDN'T WE HAVE A RING OR TWO MORE WITHOUT FREE AGENCY???

exactly.....Bradshaw had a great defense. Would we have won those 4 rings without one? Who knows? Maybe not.....

NYC SteelersFan
12-09-2008, 04:02 PM

We were discussing an individual player and his accomplishments, not the team's.

Dino 6 Rings
12-14-2008, 07:16 PM
1st and 10, Ball at the Steeler 8, 3:36 left in the game.

12 plays later, Touchdown. 43 seconds left.

HA!

Yeah, Total Fan of Big Ben.

Edman
12-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Yeah. Ben is no good. I mean, all he did was a lead a 92-yard game winning touchdown drive against the NUMBER TWO DEFENSE in the league. What a bum.

43Hitman
12-14-2008, 07:20 PM
1st and 10, Ball at the Steeler 8, 3:36 left in the game.

12 plays later, Touchdown. 43 seconds left.

HA!

Yeah, Total Fan of Big Ben.

Me too man, this guy is a Mudder in the truest sense of the word. I'll take guts and grit over flash and bang anyday.

VTsteel
12-14-2008, 07:24 PM

Elite? Elite QB's WIN GAMES. How many wins does your guy have this year?

Yeah thought so . . . .

Ben is the Man!

:tt02:

Mcgee
12-14-2008, 07:54 PM
I enjoyed reading this thread, it was entertaining.

I find it troubling that people continuously make their way towards the route of trying to change the way that Lambert+___ poster thinks about "his" team's quarterback. It's just like a political debate, no one ever wins those things.

Fact is, no matter how many times the Lambert guy comes out and defends his anti-Ben talk, we'll all get offended. The difference maker is in how we choose to react. I say, never mind this thread, let's smile in our houses as the Steelers continue to win their fourth quarters.

There are 4 quarters to every game and a collected team effort to every victory. Players are good because of their team. This can be said of every one of the game's legends, no matter how many W's and L's their team has on them, they had to be out there with them to get the work done.

Steelers are a good team, and consequently I suggest the argument that Ben is a good quarterback.

To the Lambert dude, you remind me more of a fan of a losing team or at least a bickering-filled one. I just saw Dallas boo Owens as he was anounced a starter for the game. I'm going to suggest you get a big blue star scribbled over that tattoo of yours and run with the Cowboys fans. Hell their owner likes to come out and bad mouth their best players, I think they would be a good fit. If it is Lambert who you worship, I wonder what his opinion is of the current quartback situation in Pittsburgh? C'mon, try them out, I personally wouldn't hold anything against 'ya if you became a fan and changed that picture of yours to your new tat.

Regardless, I will not once, ever, respond to anything you have to say in response to this thread from here on out. Instead I think I'll focus on how good those Steelers are and how pumped I am for the good food in a couple of weeks. This thread should be deleted anyway, it's outrun its use.

:flap:

scsteeler
12-14-2008, 08:15 PM

It was 92 yards.

X-Terminator
12-14-2008, 08:52 PM
It was 92 yards.

He was talking about last week. Timestamps, people!

HometownGal
12-14-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm with Hitman here. I'll take grit and balls over glitz and glam any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Ben has more than proven his worth to this team - and then some. Period.

Dino 6 Rings
12-14-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm with Hitman here. I'll take grit and balls over glitz and glam any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Ben has more than proven his worth to this team - and then some. Period.

For the record, that's 50 wins in his first 5 seasons.

What a bum. Where is Maddox when we need him. :flap:

BlastFurnace
12-14-2008, 09:25 PM
If you want Glam N' Glory, you sign Drew Brees.

If you want Grit N' Stuff, you sign Ben.

Look, he frustrates me as well, but so did Bradshaw...and look how that turned out.

If Ben were gone, we would miss him.

BlastFurnace
12-14-2008, 09:26 PM
For the record, that's 50 wins in his first 5 seasons.

What a bum. Where is Maddox when we need him. :flap:

Pick 6 lives somewhere around where I live...I think in Southlake, Texas.

T.Richardson
12-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Ben threw 0 ints.

fansince'76
12-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Die thread, die!

T.Richardson
12-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Die thread, die!

Never!

X-Terminator
12-14-2008, 09:34 PM
All the guy does is win, period. But obviously that isn't enough for some "fans" who are obviously obsessed with fantasy stats. If Ben doesn't throw for 50 TD and 5,000 yards, then he's overrated and overpaid. :jerkit: Drew Brees has been one of the "fantasy studs" this season. How's his team doing again? How about the Cards with Kurt Warner? They got poleaxed by the Vikings at home, and have a very real possibility of being a division winner with a .500 record. Tony Romo? Puts up great numbers against mediocre teams/defenses, but folds like a dirty, cheap suit against better competition. Matt Cassel? Same as Romo. Eli Manning? Yeah, he's looked REAL good now that he doesn't have Plex to bail him out. :rolleyes:

Ben, however, has won 3 straight games against good teams, two of them coming on the road in 2 of the toughest places in the league to play, and led the team on 67-yard and 92-yard TD drives in consecutive weeks with the game on the line.

Which one do you think I'd take?

ShutDown24
12-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Die thread, die!

Honestly, why is this thread still alive? Then again... A better question would be why was it started?

Ben wins. Period. End of discussion. If you want a quarterback who does anything else, that's your choice.

lilyoder6
12-14-2008, 10:49 PM
the real ? here is.. y does the same topic have to open up mult threads evry week

NYC SteelersFan
12-14-2008, 10:54 PM
the real ? here is.. y does the same topic have to open up mult threads evry week

lol..The moderators don't organize and merge threads enough? lol...just kidding Fansince76'

markymarc
12-15-2008, 06:09 AM
Great that Ben picked up win #50 against a division rival. Outside the fumble by Ben he played a very good game. And most importantly he picked up another game winning drive under his belt. Major kudos to Ben.

Texasteel
12-15-2008, 06:23 AM
Ben, however, has won 3 straight games against good teams, two of them coming on the road in 2 of the toughest places in the league to play, and led the team on 67-yard and 92-yard TD drives in consecutive weeks with the game on the line.

Which one do you think I'd take?

We both know that as Terry Bradshaw walked into the Hall of Fame there was someone sitting there saying, " That guy really wasn't very good." Ben is going to be treated the same.

These guys will hate Ben not matter what. Don't confuse them with facts.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 12:55 PM
We both know that as Terry Bradshaw walked into the Hall of Fame there was someone sitting there saying, " That guy really wasn't very good." Ben is going to be treated the same.

These guys will hate Ben not matter what. Don't confuse them with facts.

Difference is that Bradshaw was a big game QB. Big game translation Super Bowl. Ben hasn't proven that to me yet....consistently anyway.

The_WARDen
12-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Here's a fact:

I happen to love RayLew....even though he's a Raven. As far as his off the field issues, I don't know enough about them. But I don't believe he was found guilty of anything.

You love Ray Lewis which leads me to believe that you are a closet Ravens fan because no true Steeler fan loves Ray Lewis...

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Here's a fact:

You love Ray Lewis which leads me to believe that you are a closet Ravens fan because no true Steeler fan loves Ray Lewis...

The mere fact that I love Ray Ray does not make me any less of a Steelers fan than you project yourself to be. If you think so, so be it.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Here's a fact:

I'd also like to point out that your so much more of a fan that I am.....joining this site after their last SB. I, on the other hand, joined before. But you're no different than alot of the bandwagon fans.....the ones who love Ben and even the ones who don't.

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 01:40 PM
I'd also like to point out that your so much more of a fan that I am.....joining this site after their last SB. I, on the other hand, joined before. But you're no different than alot of the bandwagon fans.....the ones who love Ben and even the ones who don't.

who would you rather have at QB? Kordell? Maddox? O'donnell?

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 01:43 PM
who would you rather have at QB? Kordell? Maddox? O'donnell?

I'd be a complete idiot if I chose anyone of the three....that doesn't exactly make Ben a stud. I'd also tell you that Slash was one game away from the SB and O'Dumbell made it. So I'm not quite sure exactly where you are going with this? I'll be the first to admit that Ben is the best QB we've had since Bradshaw. But regarding our QB history since the Blonde Bomber, I don't know that it's all that much of a compiment.

The_WARDen
12-22-2008, 01:43 PM

oooo so you found the website before me...what a fan you claim to be Mr. Raven.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 01:45 PM
oooo so you found the website before me...what a fan you claim to be Mr. Raven.

you sound like an idiot, that's all. Because I can admire a player from a rival team means I'm not a true fan? I mean really buddy, was it a choice between the Steelers or the Jonas Brothers?

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 01:47 PM
I'd be a complete idiot if I chose anyone of the three....that doesn't exactly make Ben a stud. I'd also tell you that Slash was one game away from the SB and O'Dumbell made it. So I'm not quite sure exactly where you are going with this? I'll be the first to admit that Ben is the best QB we've had since Bradshaw. But regarding our QB history since the Blonde Bomber, I don't know that it's all that much of a compiment.

O'Donnel choked in the superbowl, I seem to remember he RARELY threw ints. and yet threw two horrible picks, one int where there was no reciever in sight.

Kordell threw two picks near the end of the game.

Ben however did not play bad enough to lose the games.

Thats the difference I see. Ben didnt choke, and was the youngest to win.

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Here's a fact:

but hey you gotta respect Ray Lewis. He's a great player. But I do hate him since he plays for Baltimore.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 01:52 PM
O'Donnel choked in the superbowl, I seem to remember he RARELY threw ints. and yet threw two horrible picks, one int where there was no reciever in sight.

Kordell threw two picks near the end of the game.

Ben however did not play bad enough to lose the games.

Thats the difference I see. Ben didnt choke, and was the youngest to win.

Hey Sleeping Beauty......FYI, Ben had the worst rating of any winning SB quarterback. And I also believe it was worse than O'Donnell.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 01:53 PM
but hey you gotta respect Ray Lewis. He's a great player. But I do hate him since he plays for Baltimore.

Hey T, you're not a true fan if you don't hate Ray Lewis. Didnt you know that?:coffee:

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Hey Sleeping Beauty......FYI, Ben had the worst rating of any winning SB quarterback. And I also believe it was worse than O'Donnell. Get your facts straight before you open that piehole of yours.

If you READ what I typed. Then you would have noticed...

I said Ben did not play horrible enough to lose the game. Did I say he was great?

Dino 6 Rings
12-22-2008, 02:06 PM
I still like our Chances with our QB.

Steel12
12-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Here's a fact:

Ray Lewis is a beast and a HOF LB...true football fans know this.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 02:11 PM
If you READ what I typed. Then you would have noticed...

I said Ben did not play horrible enough to lose the game. Did I say he was great?

I did READ what you typed....Ben did play horrible enough to lose. The defense and running game won that title. If you think otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised.

Steel12
you sound like an idiot, that's all. Because I can admire a player from a rival team means I'm not a true fan? I mean really buddy, was it a choice between the Steelers or the Jonas Brothers?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LMAO :rofl:

The_WARDen

he may be a good LB but Steeler fans do not love him.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 02:12 PM

You couldn't have called it any better........

T.Richardson
12-22-2008, 02:13 PM
I did READ what you typed....Ben did play horrible enough to lose. The defense and running game won that title. If you think otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised.

By horrible enough I mean by turning the ball over late in the game. I agree the defense and running game did win. But Ben didnt turn it over late in the game like O'Donnell and Kordell did.

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 02:14 PM
he may be a good LB but Steeler fans do not love him.

may be? He's been regarded as the best MLB of all time by some. And is always involved in the talk of the best ever.

The_WARDen
12-22-2008, 02:15 PM
may be? He's been regarded as the best MLB of all time by some. And is always involved in the talk of the best ever.

if loving Ray Ray and bashing Ben makes you a true Steeler fan, then I guess I am not...

:noidea:

Polamalu43
12-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Any steelers fan that thinks or say's ben sucks or should be benched is plain N simply crazy. Ben is what you call a true leader. He's becoming 1 of the best 4th QTR comback QB's in the NFL. Enough said!!!

LambertIsGod58
12-22-2008, 02:21 PM
if loving Ray Ray and bashing Ben makes you a true Steeler fan, then I guess I am not...

:noidea:

Where do I bash Ben? Can you reference any post that I did this? B/c if it's a post where I stat facts about how he's performed, I'd hope to think that's not bashing in your eyes. If it its, can you get me a spot on the carpet in Romper Room?

KeiselPower99
12-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Any steelers fan that thinks or say's ben sucks or should be benched is plain N simply crazy. Ben is what you call a true leader. He's becoming 1 of the best 4th QTR comback QB's in the NFL. Enough said!!!

There isnt another qb id rather have in the nfl right now then Mr. Roethlisberger. Who do ya want to replace him??? Tony Romo? David Garard? Brady Quinn? Give me a break. I have said it before and Ill say it again..We are way to freakin hard on him. He is gonna have good days and bad days. He will regroup and lead us to 4 more victories this season.